FM19: Liverpool - Success Has Many Fathers

TheJanitor

Top of league in Jan.

Moise Kean requested a transfer after my bid was rejected, ended up getting him for 4.9m! I did offer 22m before :D

Matip came and asked top be transfer listed, Southampton came straight in to bid and i got 48m (26m+22m over 3 yrs).

Sturridge has done well as a backup scoring 6 and 6 assists, but Leicester have made a bid for Sturridge, 25m and 23m over 3 years which is tempting me. 29 and injury prone.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Siven said:

Top of league in Jan.

Moise Kean requested a transfer after my bid was rejected, ended up getting him for 4.9m! I did offer 22m before :D

Matip came and asked top be transfer listed, Southampton came straight in to bid and i got 48m (26m+22m over 3 yrs).

Sturridge has done well as a backup scoring 6 and 6 assists, but Leicester have made a bid for Sturridge, 25m and 23m over 3 years which is tempting me. 29 and injury prone.

£48m for fourth choice centre back and £48m for old, injury-prone, back-up striker. Transfers are silly on this game.

They don't seen to be based on age, ability or form 😂

1 minute ago, dannysheard said:

£48m for fourth choice centre back and £48m for old, injury-prone, back-up striker. Transfers are silly on this game.

They don't seen to be based on age, ability or form 😂

Combined with finding lots of cheap, amazing newgens, I sold nearly £3bn of players in 9 seasons on my save before the update...daft.

17 hours ago, birkelse said:

Played 6 games in 8 season. It looks like, that it will be tough season.  Wonder how Birch will  be at 27-28 years old ?   Maybe he will be my first  150 mill £  player ?

6  games in 8 season.JPG

8 season 6 games.JPG

Best player..JPG

I'm shook at his wages, does income and wage levels rise as the game goes on?

They want new contracts all the time.  If i dont give them, what they want, they will see the contract out.  

Here is the wages after 4 season, and here in 8 season.

end of 4 season.JPG

wages in 8 season.JPG

wages all in 8.JPG

Edited by birkelse

On 09/03/2019 at 15:58, Siven said:

Into October now on my new save.

Sold Lallana fro 41.5m (good money for slow 30yr old)

Sold Origi for 25m (better than nothing when contracts up).

Got rid of a bunch of bad staff and replaced with better, gave new contracts to some who had 2 jobs as having a second job lowered their ratings, now 4-5 stars in all training. Got Kuyt as U18 Manager. I may post screenshots later.

I like to bring in and train youth so always want good staff.

Some people dont make transfers in the first season but i do. I like to improve the team asap and look to the future.

Bought de Ligt for 28.5m

Vagnoman for 8.5 and loaned him back till Jan.

Fornals for 12m (really like the look of this guy, great price too).

Sancho for 30m + 30% profit.

Tierney for 26m +20% profit is set for Jan.

Made good use of payments over 3 years to get all these players. I like to buy young and not spend much for a few seasons.

Got Moreno and Sturridge to sign new deals and hope to sell them at end of season (or Jan) instead of losing them for nothing.

Looking to sell either Matip or Lovren in Jan, maybe Wijnaldum and Migolet too if i can get a good GK backup.

Currently playing 4-3-3.

Still playing with CM roles to see what fits. 

Top of table and unbeaten so far.

How does Kuyt do as u18 manager? Same as you, like to bring in youth and train them up to the 1st team but struggling with the youth development side of the game at the moment. 

Any tips on bringing in new & good staff and where to find them?

I'm wondering if anybody could help. 

Im currently in the transfer window of the 3rd season and I am trying to locate player like Dominic Birch and Pedro Artur but can't find them anywhere even when I search for them in the search bar.

Is this something to do with my settings and is it something I can change midway through a save career?

2 hours ago, ThomasW said:

I'm wondering if anybody could help. 

Im currently in the transfer window of the 3rd season and I am trying to locate player like Dominic Birch and Pedro Artur but can't find them anywhere even when I search for them in the search bar.

Is this something to do with my settings and is it something I can change midway through a save career?

Those 2 are regens which means they won't be on your save but players like them will be. I usually look through the youth squads of big teams and Nations. I found Pedro Artur after  taking charge of the Brazil U23 squad.

19 hours ago, ThomasW said:

How does Kuyt do as u18 manager? Same as you, like to bring in youth and train them up to the 1st team but struggling with the youth development side of the game at the moment. 

Any tips on bringing in new & good staff and where to find them?

Kuyts doing ok, U18 are 3rd, though i mainly got him for his personality, think it helps with youth recruitment.

I released 12 staff and signed 28 at the start of the game. Filled all roles in all teams, data analysts, sports science etc too. 

To find good staff, all i did was search google for fm19 good staff. Theres several places which have lists of staff, then i just made a staff shortlist. I also knew of some from past games, then just searched ingame for the data analysts etc.

3 hours ago, Siven said:

Kuyts doing ok, U18 are 3rd, though i mainly got him for his personality, think it helps with youth recruitment.

I released 12 staff and signed 28 at the start of the game. Filled all roles in all teams, data analysts, sports science etc too. 

To find good staff, all i did was search google for fm19 good staff. Theres several places which have lists of staff, then i just made a staff shortlist. I also knew of some from past games, then just searched ingame for the data analysts etc.

Ah ok brilliant, thanks for your help! 

I'm trying to build up the youth and bring in young players.. brought in Antonio Marin at the age of 19 and assumed he wouldn't need to be registered 'in' the 25 man squad because he's under the age of 21... come to play him in the first game of the season and says he's ineligible to play. Any idea why? 

On 19/03/2019 at 03:34, ThomasW said:

Ah ok brilliant, thanks for your help! 

I'm trying to build up the youth and bring in young players.. brought in Antonio Marin at the age of 19 and assumed he wouldn't need to be registered 'in' the 25 man squad because he's under the age of 21... come to play him in the first game of the season and says he's ineligible to play. Any idea why? 

If it is the first game of the season then you surely you still have time to register players. Maybe he was in the U23 squad for a game?

Edited by GR3NDAL

Finished season 1 which was a nightmare finished 5th after winning only 1 of my last 10 games &  need to get 11 pts in 5 games to keep my job already have 9 pets in 3 games need 2 more Salah & Mane missed most of the 2nd half with injuries 

Season 1 

league :5th

fa cup: 3rd round 

league cup: 3rd round 

champions league :1st knockout rd 

ive spent heavy in season 2 to get back into the top 4 & got some high profile players which I’m surprised since I don’t have champions league football hoping for better luck in season 2 if I keep my job 

Finished with another season. Could have been better, but next year, iam going for all competions :)  Still a young team, who  could be a world class team in 2-4 years.

Treble.JPG

Still young team.JPG

Cl results.JPG

Edited by birkelse

3 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Season 9 review

74xaDR8.png

ocAdmFe.png

Another goaltastic season for Arp !

hqlJDgz.png

Summer of 2027 and with the recent departure of Becker only Van Dijk , Trent and Gomez remain from the original squad.

GR3NDAL,

What do you have Arp playing as? I can't get him scoring regularly 

5 hours ago, jmc1980 said:

GR3NDAL,

What do you have Arp playing as? I can't get him scoring regularly 

Originally I had him in the AF role but suddenly he started to complain that he was being played in his preffered role so I switched him to CF-A. He gets a fair amount of assists as well.

YVwKSxD.png

fy1PZP6.png

2nd Season

Only won the League cup this season :( 87 points wasn't enough to win the league and didn't quite have enough in the other cup competitions. My top player was Alexander-Arnold and Geubbels scored the most goals with 20 odd despite playing a bit part. I don't seem to have an outstanding attacking performer so I just thought i'm gonna go big and had the following 2 targets: 

Assensio - had offer of £75 million accepted, chose PSG.

Mbappe - £130 million offer accepted, signed for 300k per week + many bonuses. My first 5 star player! Problem - I promised him i'd improve the squad but i don't have money anymore. :D

Apart from that, i'm just gonna bring in youth talent.

Let the likes of Milner and Lallana go, will also get rid of Sturridge. Bringing the likes of Wilson, Jones and Woodburn in to fill those squad gaps and this should save on wages. Jones looks great.

I've had an £80 million bid for Firmino that i'm probably gonna accept, I just feel Geubbels brings just as much if not more. Just hope it doesn't get me in bother with Mbappe...

17 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Now lost Adam Lewis for 4 months with a broken ankle means both left back are out to long term injuries & I loaned out Ricca I’ll use Gomez there until they’re both fit again.

Atleast Gomez doesn't have a history of big injuries :(

Season 3 review 

league 2nd 

Fa cup round 6 

League cup 5th rd 

Champions league won 

Finished 2nd in the league though i lost 3 games Arsenal won it for the 3rd year in a row but i  did win the champions league beating PSG 5-0 also won the comm shield hopefully in season 4 i win the league & end Arsenals reign   

Done deal.   7 trophys in one season.   It took many years, but now mission completed.  Now i will take a break from this game. Will start a low league game.

Some screens here. 

team 11.JPG

subs and rest of team.JPG

Done.JPG

Edited by birkelse

On 19/04/2019 at 13:01, birkelse said:

Done deal.   7 trophys in one season.   It took many years, but now mission completed.  Now i will take a break from this game. Will start a low league game.

Some screens here. 

team 11.JPG

Done.JPG

Well done!

On 19/04/2019 at 14:01, birkelse said:

Some screens here. 

team 11.JPG

Done.JPG

My goodness, didn't know that was possible. Nice one! A lot of Italians in your squad, will have a wee scout over that direction.

Season 3

League - 1st!

Champions league - last 16 (Barcelona - eventual winners)

league cup - Won

FA cup - early exit

Mbappe made a difference folks, what a season he had, especially with Salah being injured all season. Geubbels filled in brilliantly at times too. Might not be 7 trophies, but a great season for me :D

Mane is 29 now so i've accepted a £97 million offer from City, used £90 million to sign Vicinius Jnr from Real who's only 20. Also signed a young man from City who's 16 y/o and 2.5* and "Premier League level". Decent!

Looking to get rid of Woodburn, Shaqiri and Ojo amongst other players who i think we've outgrown. Curtis Jones and Navarro have come into brilliant players, Jones especially right now. Absolute beast, they can take the empty squad spaces, gonna keep Harry Wilson here as backup also. 

Edited by kopsy101