Editing Media Sources + Journalists

Colorado

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATW: Yeah, but hopefully it can be possible for FM09. :)

Does anyone know if there's something going on with Spanish, Italian & French files?

Also for some other countries like Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Czech, Slovakia and all the other countries in Eastern Europe? :)

As for the USA, how many national sources are you putting in there? I see ESPN and Sports Illustrated, but if you really wanted to be accurate, you could add FOXSports.com and a couple of others.

Also, are you only doing one local newspaper per club? I know RSL has three papers that have beat writers covering the team...the SL Tribune, the Standard Examiner, and the Deseret News.

It would be neat to have press conferences dealing with all the local media instead of world soccer news.

ATW, if I can do anything to help with testing, let me know :thup:

Thanks mate, no doubt everyone will become a tester but I do have one query. I went Celtic (yuk ;) ) to self test and everything seems to have went well! All my journo's I added have turned up in game using Quick Search, and the ones that asked question were at the right place but then I noticed www.scottishfootballleague.com turned up and of course as everyone knows that is the SFL website

Now the question is, could this be because the lines look like this:-

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.scottishfootballleague.com" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "46-Scottish First Division" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.scottishfootballleague.com" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "47-Scottish Second Division" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.scottishfootballleague.com" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "48-Scottish Third Division" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.scottishfootballleague.com" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "1301431-Scottish League Cup" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.scottishfootballleague.com" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "120798-Scottish League Challenge Cup" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

Could because Celtic enter the League Cup be the reason for this although it is the initial "New Manager" Press Conference

Swedish Media!

Contains most of Swedens national media and also local newspapers for every team down to Div.2.

There seems to be a lack of media files in progress. I think i'll try to make a smaller file for the rest of Scandinavia now. But that file will probably only cover the first division of each country. Just to get rid of the fake-medias that appears in the rumours page. If there's already a file done for any of the Scandinavian countries, please tell me.

Any chance of a step by step guide of what i'm supposed to do guys? I've downloaded version 3 but i don't know what to do now at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've already extracted the files, but i don't know where to put them now and i don't understand what everyone is talking about when they are talking about ticking boxes!!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

There should have been instructions included, my mistake :)

Anyway:

To install, copy all three files to the folder:

(If using the 9.1.0 patch)

football manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910\edt

(If using unpatched 9.0.0)

football manager 2009\data\db\900\edt

These Football Manager 2009 folders should be located wherever your install is, i.e.:

(If you bought the game via Steam)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\

(If you bought a boxed copy)

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\

NOTE: You will need to start a new game AND choose these files in Preferences/Extra Files for changes to take effect.

hi guys,

what exactly does this do? So you get better press conferences? Never dabbled in the old media sources before and not sure what to expect.

Cheers, sounds like its cracking btw.

Adds a lot more real media sources and real journos who have, or are given, personalities. This means you can actually form basic relationships with them - they like or dislike you. That then influences future questions, how they interpret answers etc.

Adds a lot more real media sources and real journos who have, or are given, personalities. This means you can actually form basic relationships with them - they like or dislike you. That then influences future questions, how they interpret answers etc.

cool mate, will get downloading that then sounds much more entertaining.

It does also add more realism in the rumours page.

That's why i download media sources from as many different countries as possible. When a foreign club are interested in one of your players, the source will be a real newspaper instead of a fake one.

Any updates on a Spanish or Italian file?

UPDATED LINKS TO ALL MEDIA ADDON FILES - it seemed timely for an updated list :)

Swedish - AIK

http://files.filefront.com/Swedish+Media/;12471893;/fileinfo.html

English - Super Bladesman & Nick OGS20

http://files.filefront.com/English+Media+v3zip/;12462852;/fileinfo.html

French - Quasi

http://files.filefront.com/fra+mediaedt/;12430408;/fileinfo.html

Germany - DerMef

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...media.edt.html

Mexico, U.S.A, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay - Colorado

http://files.filefront.com/MEDIA+AME.../fileinfo.html

US/Canada - Aljarov

http://files.filefront.com/USA+Canad.../fileinfo.html

Switzerland - bonsai

http://rapidshare.com/files/164695996/swiss_media.edt

Just a question: Do i need to include at least one source of each type to stop the game from creating fake ones?

I know that i need at least one local newspaper for each city that has a team but do i need to create one (national) magazine too? Or will the game simply leave out magazines if there's other sources in the country but no magazine?

Hey guys

Please try out my Scottish Media Source/Journo file which I have now uploaded. Please remember this is only version 0.5 and unfortunately I have been forced to stop testing as my FM just gives me a black screen :(

The file includes 42 Official Websites (one for each Scottish Club; Over 30 National and Local Papers plus more

There is also a Journo file which at this moment of time has 70 Journos.

Of course more will be added over time

Any problems let me know

Finland, Norway, Denmark (+Faroe Islands) & Iceland

Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Russia, Belarus & Ukraine

Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus & Malta

Those files are mainly for people NOT playing in those countries.

It's a few national newspapers, television channels and radio stations.

There's also one "local" for every city that has a team in the highest division of every country. I tried to use real locals, but in many cases it was impossible to find that information in English and in those cases I use a national newspaper as local for that city. Everything to eliminate the generated fake-sources that the game normally uses.

No journalists included!

If anyone wants to extend these files to include second divisions or lower, or maybe use them to build a more extensive file of any of the countries i give permission to do so. But it would be nice if that person sent a PM or wrote it in this thread.

Next up is the Balkan states.

I'm still in search for Italian & Spanish files. Any news on those?

Are anyone working on files for Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium & Poland too?

Those are big European countries, someone from those countries should do the files for them. I won't create anything for them until next patch, but hopefully someone else has done them until then.

If anyone has a hard time understanding the purpose of these files; it's to eliminate fake-sources in, mostly, the rumors screen. Even though you don't manage in those countries, it does happen that clubs from those countries are interested in a player from your country and the game usually uses a media source from the buying club.

for some unknown reason i cant get the swedish pack or the scottish pack to work, all the others work fine but these 2 crash FM...anybody got any ideas for when i try again tomorrow

Yes. I think i know why the Swedish are crashing.

It was discussed earlier in this thread that the game crashes when a media source are following a club that are not loading in the game. A bug that are said to be fixed to next patch.

There's probably something similar with the Scottish.

This one should fix it until the patch. Now it will load the two clubs that have a media source in the file.

I've got a sticky problem - I want to download all these files now, but I'm also 17 games into a season with the Blades, and I'm top - clear by 9 points :D

My tips: Continue your save and then start a new save with all these files when the patch comes. :)

Super Bladesman: Did you include Ireland, N.Ireland & Wales in your England file? If not, why not create a file for those countries too? :)

My tips: Continue your save and then start a new save with all these files when the patch comes. :)

Super Bladesman: Did you include Ireland, N.Ireland & Wales in your England file? If not, why not create a file for those countries too? :)

I've had a guy ask me to do Ireland already, so I may look into that at some stage. Plus Nick OGS20 has already got a lot of Welsh media sources in the file, so that wouldn't be a huge stretch... I can see this ending up getting merged with the Scottish file too :D

Hehe, I actually think with the crash dump bug these things are best kept separate - but of course, I wouldn't be doing anything without permission. These files take so long to prepare and involve so much work, I'm keen to make sure they're a success and that people get the credit for their work!

Do anyone of you know where i can find a list of Sports Magazines from as many countries as possible?

I can't find it.

I'm done with Balkan (uploading tonight) and will do the rest of Europe (Austria, Hungary, Czech & Slovakia).

After that, i'll probably do the major asian countries (china, korea, japan and some middle eastern).

Hehe, I actually think with the crash dump bug these things are best kept separate - but of course, I wouldn't be doing anything without permission. These files take so long to prepare and involve so much work, I'm keen to make sure they're a success and that people get the credit for their work!

Although when fixed I think the Superpack for the UK (and Ireland) would be a great thing to have. Granted it would be easier if we could get a Welshie, a Norn Iron and Irish guy to do their parts

I think they're one set of inverted commas too early - competition types should be in the 9th pair of "", rather than the 8th.

i.e.

"Media Source" "NAME" "SCOPE" "CLUB" "CITY" "NATION" "REGION" "CONTINENT" "COMPETITION" "TYPE" "PERIOD" "DATE" "STYLE"

Nice work with the journos as well, good to see a fair few in there.

Hi, I can't get this to work. But I know why. When I extracted it and put it within the edt folders, its in the 900 folder rather than the 910. However, I have no 910 folder... even though I 100% have downloaded the patch, bla bla bla.

I've also got two edited DB's which are appearing in the folder, alongside 900 (the default). But no 910, so I can't use this :(.

I've tested it with the 900 and its working, so nothing to do with me, just the simple fact that 910 seems to be missing from my documents.

EDIT: Just found it through pure luck. It was tucked away :/

EDIT2: And now I'm getting crash dumps :(

Hi, I can't get this to work. But I know why. When I extracted it and put it within the edt folders, its in the 900 folder rather than the 910. However, I have no 910 folder... even though I 100% have downloaded the patch, bla bla bla.

I've also got two edited DB's which are appearing in the folder, alongside 900 (the default). But no 910, so I can't use this :(.

I've tested it with the 900 and its working, so nothing to do with me, just the simple fact that 910 seems to be missing from my documents.

Which one are you talking about?

Good work ATW. A few of things:

- The Stirling Observer is published on a Wednesday and a Friday, not just a Wednesday as was posted in the SUSIE thread.

- Katy Gordon has match reports on the Stirling Observer website which are no more in depth than the 50 or so words that the BBC print. Donald Morton is the main Stirling reporter with the Observer.

- I tested it and was asked a question by the official Stirling website reporter Nuno Almeida. Not sure why it didn't just say A Journalist.

- Central FM is the local radio station for Falkirk, Stirling, Alloa, Stenhousemuir and East Stirling. They used to have news updates on those clubs and presumably still do. Not sure if Forth FM do.

- Probably been noticed but Darryl Broadfoot is in as Darrly.

Thank you mike.

- Not sure how I could represent that. I think it would have to be a line for each

- I have noticed the problem with regards to unknown journos being represented by some whacky names. A Spanish named Journo appears on the cbfootball website. Not sure why this happens, maybe super knows as he seems to be doing this longer than me.

- Central FM will be updated to show the correct cities/clubs

- Donald Morton will be added. Thank you for that.

- Darryl has been changed

:)

Mate I had this problem as well, did you register or buy game through Steam? If so, here is where the 910 folder is.

Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910

Well, I hope that helps you. :thup:

Im going to be really cheeky now....is there going to be anymore packs out before 11am tomorrow as i am planing on starting a new game then

What happens 11am tomorrow? British time?

I have some more that are not uploaded yet. Every country in Europe and a few Asian. Excluding Germany, France, Switzerland and the British Islands as them are done by others. I'll upload it later tonight, shall just finish one or two countries more. :)

And on another note, working on Version 1 which if all goes well will remove all the weird and wonderful names that appear where there is no journo named. I am in the middle of emailing/checking out Admin status all official websites to get a reporter from there.

AIK, is that doable with the crash problem?

No, that version should not crash.

I think it's good to say this too: All files, except the one for Sweden, are very, very, VERY small. They only contain 1-5 national newspapers, 1 television station, 1 radio station. Then i took one of the national newspapers, the one that seemed to be biggest according to Wikipedia, and made it as a local newspaper for all cities that are in the Premier Division.

Archived