Football Manager 2019 Touch In-Game Editor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that SEGA should implement an in-game editor on FMT 2019 that allows the player to manipulate the details of all the components of football from the players to the tournaments?

6 hours ago, Thescouser20 said:

If we can have an in-game editor for FM Mobile, then we can surely get one for FMT!

Comparing the complexity of FMT with FMM is like comparing an elephant with a rat. 

In FMM you have so much less information to deal, going from the database, amount of players attributes, club, league and nation information. 

If you want to make a fair comparation, then compare FMT with FM. Same kind of information, but with the handicap of having to deal with DLC's and cross-saves between diferent platforms. 

I know it's very frustrating want something, like the editor, and year by year don't get it. 

But, despite that, I truly believe that SI wants to us the editor, and the only reason they haven't done  it yet is because they haven't find a way to do it the way they think it's the best way. 

That has always been the way SI worked: only doing it when they feel the feature as a top quality level. 

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Comparing the complexity of FMT with FMM is like comparing an elephant with a rat. 

In FMM you have so much less information to deal, going from the database, amount of players attributes, club, league and nation information. 

If you want to make a fair comparation, then compare FMT with FM. Same kind of information, but with the handicap of having to deal with DLC's and cross-saves between diferent platforms. 

I know it's very frustrating want something, like the editor, and year by year don't get it. 

But, despite that, I truly believe that SI wants to us the editor, and the only reason they haven't done  it yet is because they haven't find a way to do it the way they think it's the best way. 

That has always been the way SI worked: only doing it when they feel the feature as a top quality level. 

I think the FMT editor is more of low priority kind of featured compared to others. Most resources are focus on FM as it should be.

They could make an FMT editor, regardless of technical limitations, if they at least released for the desktop version it. At least they would in part appease part of the FMT users. But they decided against it for several reasons.

No matter how many times Lucas as said, the is due to have the desktop and tablet versions equivalent to each other. I think that the DLCs are also a factor (not the only factor, but factor nonetheless) to be considered. I mean the editor would render the DLCs useless.

Also your last statement, I don't agree that SI release a feature when they think is top quality, the game would far better then it is now. We had several abismal features through out the years and some of them are still in game because it is realistic (i won't go in details, not to divert from the theme of the thread).

• Administrators

If you just look at how SI are positioning and marketing the Touch game as mainly a tablet product then that gives you an easy answer why there's no editor yet. It would only easily be supported for PC at this time, so that's obvious not something they'd want to do right now. 

DLCs are only a factor in so far as what the editor would be capable of doing. No reason why they couldn't work something out where both could exist. Really what would help SI is not to keep saying "I want the editor", which is vague and near meaningless, but actually say why you want to use it, what features do you particularly like. Maybe then, these features could be introduced in other ways. Like Challenges, Design a Son  and Create a Club have been implemented in past versions. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If you just look at how SI are positioning and marketing the Touch game as mainly a tablet product then that gives you an easy answer why there's no editor yet. It would only easily be supported for PC at this time, so that's obvious not something they'd want to do right now. 

DLCs are only a factor in so far as what the editor would be capable of doing. No reason why they couldn't work something out where both could exist. Really what would help SI is not to keep saying "I want the editor", which is vague and near meaningless, but actually say why you want to use it, what features do you particularly like. Maybe then, these features could be introduced in other ways. Like Challenges, Design a Son  and Create a Club have been implemented in past versions. 

I did create a thread for that, in 2014 and yet we aren't any closer on FMT editor back then when we are today. I'm sorry if i'm pessimistic on this, but unfortunately that is the reality of what we got. And the lack of any informations of FMT in general doesn't help.

24 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

@grade

I gotta agree with Lucas on this.

SI will never release a FMT editor only for PC users. The same way, they will never release a editor only for tablet users. It's not the way they work, 

When they release it, it will be for all platforms.

Then as the things are, we have to wait a few years. Not 1, 2 or 3 years, but more likely of 8 to 10 years, kind of stuff.

• 3 months later...

Logically yes - SI would love to have things like this in the game for it's fans. Pretty sure they could profit from it as well.

Technically no - resources on tablets aren't as good as those on PCs, so the likelihood of a save-game becoming corrupt/broken/unplayable thereafter would be high, or indeed the game crashing, which is probably why SI have refrained from implementing it.

So perhaps SI will do it in time, but only if/when the standard resources available on tablets become better. Which also means we'll be paying bigger bucks for tablets..

the editor in the mobile version exists. it would be interesting to enable it or maybe allow more freedom giving us the possibility to edit the game, which for years and years is the real luck of football manager

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2019 at 16:19, tonidopa said:

It would make the game SO MUCH better for PC users. Is there anything else you need to say to the developers? If so, they have a problem...

Have you bothered to read the responses Lucas has added repeatedly in this thread?

It is pretty clear why there is no editor at this stage.

Archived