Pilgrimage 4231 and 451 IF 4141 4411 442DM Flat 442 Knap FM 18

I start unemployed and just holiday to season starts and take over a team. Using an updated database has no benefit for setting up tactics, although the Spurs set up should be up to date, as I like to win PL with Spurs in each patch.

• 1 month later...

Knap, can you please tell me what is the best tactic (no 343 or 3-5-2) to play with Ajax? I prefer 4231 of maybe 442.

The dutch competition is easy with Ajax. But I would love to get some nice recults in the Champions League, since Ajax got great youngsters I think that is possible.

MIDSOMER 442 or the VOL MEZ tactics are the next best formations other than 343. VOL MEZ adds a defensive element for EC. Could try 424 for home games.

• 2 weeks later...

@knap

Your Pilgrimage451 beat everything in my save... Even without hardtackles! Just machine for achievments. Greatwork!

Btw maybe you have 451 tactic in possession? Your attacking tactics amazing, but have 40-45% ball control and really want to win in some another style

I started in Bulgarian First League with team that is predicted to finish 6th. Won the league using Pilgrimage 4231 and switching to 451 against strong teams or in away games. Lost 4:0 to Celtic away and won 4:1 at home on playoffs for entering Champions League. Really enjoy playing style of that tactic. Only issue i got is behavior of my fullbacks when other team attack, i concede goals from corners and crosses. My summary for those two tactics is that they are really enjoyable to watch and really stable. I will continue play to see how my team will perform following season and will update my results. Cheers!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.05 - 20.08.13.40.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've won absolutely everything (twice over) with Arsenal using the 4-5-1 formation. It's so solid as well if playing with fast defenders. I have used a mix of 4-5-1 and the 4-2-3-1 if struggling to find a break through. This is by far the best tactic I've used in this years FM. Well done Knapp! 

I've had great success with the 4123/4231 versions. I'd already played with Fulham for several seasons and had finished 4th in the Prem but won the league with 100+ goals after using this.

However as my rep has increased I've noticed teams now shut up shop against us playing with a very deep defensive line, making it very difficult to create space in behind. 

Does anyone have any suggestions / tweaks to try and combat this? We aren't scoring anywhere near as many and are conceding more because the opposition are hitting us on the break 

Are you still winning or dropping pts? Are you using tactics as home and away. Is the problem at home or away and against top clubs. The 424 just posted may be good for home games and has cover DCs.

On 06/06/2018 at 21:47, knap said:

Accomplished the impossible with this tactic. Been using Touch exclusively using Instant result but decided to try something different so I started a new save in the full version with Sampdoria using this tactic. Switched back & forth from Attacking to Counter mentality during match play, depending on the situation.

Won the Scudetto in the first season. Unbelievable.

which tactic was this ? theres fair few lol

Archived