Bigger teams signing promising youngsters for nothing

Been playing the same save for 4 years and noticed all around the uk bigger teams seem to sign promising young players under 18 for a transfer fee of £0  from teams in the lower divisions with no extras included? I’m playing in the Scottish championship have first hand done it myself to my own surprise the other team doesn’t even try and negotiate even though there player is under contact and playing for the first team. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Quite disappointing the amount of things you come across when you’re just getting into your save though! 

Sadly it can be

• 2 weeks later...

that the first time i read about this, afaik if the league is too obscure the teams will sell there players for pocket money or even 0 just to release some money from their payroll, i remember to sign an welsh player from airbus with PA to be at league 1 and CA for league 2 for just 7$...yeah... the kind of money that you pay for some bread, snacks and soda for a tv night...

is like the teams from league 1 and 2 pouching young stars from non-league teams on free transfer... i kind of think thats whats happening

nah the teams that are selling these youngsters for £0 are not in any financial difficulties and if I had to go in for a non youth player who was valued at say £6,000 with a £0 bid then they would reject or negotiate it for more so don’t see why promising 16 year olds who they are playing first team football are being signed by premiership teams in Scotland and England for £0 uploaded my save to the bugs page so hopefully find out soon!

1 hour ago, Chris Hamilton said:

nah the teams that are selling these youngsters for £0 are not in any financial difficulties and if I had to go in for a non youth player who was valued at say £6,000 with a £0 bid then they would reject or negotiate it for more so don’t see why promising 16 year olds who they are playing first team football are being signed by premiership teams in Scotland and England for £0 uploaded my save to the bugs page so hopefully find out soon!

As Worcester said if they are 16 then they will be on youth contracts so can be approached to signed for compensation if they don't have a future contract agreed, (similar with N/C players).

They’re on youth contracts so can be approached by any team at any time. However even at low reputation teams like Cowdenbeath or Barry town or gainsbourgh the compensation will still be between 10-30k. Try it if you don’t believe me. Plus the bigger teams aren’t approaching them on youth contracts they are just bidding £0 even if the guys still have 3-4 years left on they’re youth contract. Shouldn’t be happening as it would never in real life, the bigger teams will always pay a fair price when it comes to buying off smaller teams as they know the smaller teams will gladly accept the cash to help secure them for the next few seasons. 

Yeah i'm pretty sure they pay compensation for players who haven't signed contracts yet. It may say they signed them for 0 but they pay compensation. It's like when the newgens come in and you scout all the u18 teams you can poach them before they get offered contracts and pay compensation.

51 minutes ago, MagicHat said:

Yeah i'm pretty sure they pay compensation for players who haven't signed contracts yet. It may say they signed them for 0 but they pay compensation. It's like when the newgens come in and you scout all the u18 teams you can poach them before they get offered contracts and pay compensation.

If they sign them on a youth contact it doesn’t come up as £0 it will show as whatever compensation is paid on the teams transfers page. If you read my first post you’ll see I’ve said I’ve done it first hand I.e came across a promising 16 year old playing first team football put a £0 bid in for him instead of straight away going in for him on his youth contract where it says the compensation fee is around 15-30k. So as I’ve said the problem seems to be smaller teams accepting £0 bids from bigger teams NOT the fact you can approach them on their youth contracts which everyone is aware of.

Is it possible it is £0 now and x amount later but until x is met then the amount does not show up?, I sold a player for £10m and £5m after 50 appearances, His transfer was listed as £10m then when he hit 50 apps it changed to £15m

I successfully did this with a Welsh player when I was in Norway (bid $0 to get the player).

I figured it was because the player would be unhappy with declining the bid but in retrospect if it is common that does sound like there's an issue there.

Archived