Hello, started a save as Valencia CF. Their squad is rather thin and budget is even thinner when you balance out the wages your over paying before you start the save. 

Any cheap, loan or even freebies would be great. It’s most defence and midfield and perhaps a AMC -Trequartista(if possible or can train them in the role) strikers I seem to be set up well on with enough for rotation. 

Valencia are basically fully customised to Marcelino's demands, so the squad is ideally suited to 4-4-2.

You say defence / midfield...I take it you're looking for depth rather than first team players? Bilbao start with like 2 versatile full backs transfer listed and I believe possibly one of Mikel Vesga (DM/MC can play CD) or Oscar Gil (CD/DM can play MC), you would probably be able to get pretty good loan terms. 

Axel Tuanzebe is a great loan signing if you're looking for a centre back as well, United are loaded so probably wouldn't have to pay wages and can usually get him for 2 seasons (his contract is really low as well, so if you get him two seasons and United give him improved terms you're still paying next to nothing). Jorge, wonderkid left back at Monaco is usually loan listed as well. ~£35k per week wages you would have to pay, but no fee, and again you could get him for two seasons. Jose Gaya is injury prone and usually highly targeted by the big clubs, Jorge combined with Toni Lato already being in your squad means you're set for at least two years in that position.

17 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Valencia are basically fully customised to Marcelino's demands, so the squad is ideally suited to 4-4-2.

You say defence / midfield...I take it you're looking for depth rather than first team players? Bilbao start with like 2 versatile full backs transfer listed and I believe possibly one of Mikel Vesga (DM/MC can play CD) or Oscar Gil (CD/DM can play MC), you would probably be able to get pretty good loan terms. 

Axel Tuanzebe is a great loan signing if you're looking for a centre back as well, United are loaded so probably wouldn't have to pay wages and can usually get him for 2 seasons (his contract is really low as well, so if you get him two seasons and United give him improved terms you're still paying next to nothing). Jorge, wonderkid left back at Monaco is usually loan listed as well. ~£35k per week wages you would have to pay, but no fee, and again you could get him for two seasons. Jose Gaya is injury prone and usually highly targeted by the big clubs, Jorge combined with Toni Lato already being in your squad means you're set for at least two years in that position.

Cheers! Yeah looking at depth as got few injuries whilst playing pre season friendlies. Considering terminating Kondogbia loan with it taking up £110k. I’m playing the 4-4-2 but with a 4-4-1-1 look but links up well so far. 

Had and forgotten about Tuanzebe! One of the best defenders at young age on the game I believe so will definitely will look to see if he’s available still. I will also look at the other few names mentioned too. Thank you 😃

20 minutes ago, Mato said:

Unfortunately 

4222853.jpg

Ah dude that's an absolute nightmare! How did that happen?

I've only seen that once before - my Fiorentina save last year, Inter were meant to have the Coppa Italia winners' place but they failed on finances so we qualified for Europe in 8th in Serie A. 

• 3 weeks later...

SgfeLms.png

Pleased with how the first season has gone, honestly some of those losses were awful and I really think I could have pushed on more against Barca. Something to work on next season hopefully.

1w5bgCi.png

Absolutely gutted to be losing Guedes, he's been such an instrumental part of my plans this year and basically everything went through him. Assists, goals and some of the movement is fantastic, PSG have got an unbelievable player on their hands.

86pUP6t.png

Trying to sort out the horrible financial state Valencia are in with some stupid wages for some poor players. Atleast I'll have near enough £300k per week to work on once the loans have gone out the window.

No chance of PSG renewing Guedes' loan? They'll never play him you'll probably be reunited by the end of the 2nd season provided you have the money kicking around. You reckon you'll be able to bring Paco Alcacer back to Mestalla? Barcelona usually sell him cheap on my saves. I would advise looking to France and Portugal to replace those high-wage players with lower paid players who are better, both nations are absolutely stocked full of young prospects and solid players in their early 20s with the potential to be great. 

Still, 82 points in your first season is pretty damn good man! Hope the players don't revolt because you weren't allowed into the CL. 

On 31/03/2018 at 15:17, zlatanera said:

No chance of PSG renewing Guedes' loan? They'll never play him you'll probably be reunited by the end of the 2nd season provided you have the money kicking around. You reckon you'll be able to bring Paco Alcacer back to Mestalla? Barcelona usually sell him cheap on my saves. I would advise looking to France and Portugal to replace those high-wage players with lower paid players who are better, both nations are absolutely stocked full of young prospects and solid players in their early 20s with the potential to be great. 

Still, 82 points in your first season is pretty damn good man! Hope the players don't revolt because you weren't allowed into the CL. 

I got in mate, not sure how but I did.

2 hours ago, Dodds' said:

I got in mate, not sure how but I did.

Ah good to hear. Did the board wack out some new sponsorships? I had FFP problems on my Lyon save and the board got loads of sponsorships. But also we then got back into trouble then back out of trouble despite increasing our wage bill, so sometimes it just seems to work out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 20:11, zlatanera said:

Ah dude that's an absolute nightmare! How did that happen?

I've only seen that once before - my Fiorentina save last year, Inter were meant to have the Coppa Italia winners' place but they failed on finances so we qualified for Europe in 8th in Serie A. 

Due to a bad financial situation. I was very upset.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also started a new game, this time as Valencia. With them finishing 12th two years in a row but seeming to do much better now IRL, I wanted to try them again. I've also been writing about them in this tactic thread.

As for transfers, Man City came in for Gaya. Not a player I'd really want to sell, but I also need some money to replace the loan players at the end of the season, so I waited until they would match his release clause of 40M euros. For a replacement I didn't want to spend much money, and finally settled for Jordan Lukaku, who joined from Lazio for 9M where he was a backup. He can fight with Lato for the left back slot.

In the january transfer window I found that I haven't been playing Ruben Vezo at all, and that his contract was almost up. So I sold him to Deportivo La Coruna for 2.5M euros. 

Halfway through the season, I'm current third, but the top five is close together. I'm also still in the Copa del Rey, since I've had the luck of not drawing Barcelona, Real Madrid or Atletico.

Liga Santander_ Overview Stages.png

Im actually in my second season with Valencia. I Finished 4th in my 1st season and made it into champions league.   In my 1st season, I made only 1 signing; "Hoffmann" for only £5 million. He made team of the season and his 15 league assists contributed to that!. Now in my Second season, i sold cancelo for about £10 million (Couldn't afford to sell my better players). Got nani and bakkari back in the side, renewed perreira loan and got Nampalys Mendy on loan too. I currently have a balance of £5million transfer budget and projected to pass FFP this season. Things are lookin good!.

I'll update fully when I am at home but I've had a really great game with Valencia and only done 1 season and pre-season of season 2. 

I played a flat 4-4-2 and came 4th and got into the CL after initially struggling with other formations.

2nd season, I was given around £400k which was tough and made worse by 30% of the transfers out I could generate.  Zaza had a great season and his release clause was met by Monaco. I tried to offer a new contract but he wanted around £280k a week (!!) and I was nowhere near being about to afford that. I re-sign Paco Alcacer as he was transfer listed by Barca.

How good are the players who come back from loan after the 1st season? I've just gotten Nani, Cancelo and Bakkali back, but they seem rather lacking in mental attributes, especially the first two.

With Kondogbia and Guedes leaving (and Pereira also, but he didn't really play well) we have some gaping holes in our squad, and it'll be hard to put a team together who can match what we did in the first season (more on that in a later post).

So, I finished my first season with Valencia. Playing mostly the tactic I've described before, and switching to a counter variant where we soak up pressure and play our luck going forward, we've managed to come 2nd! Barcelona was untouchable, but we were just a little bit better than the rest. In the cup we had great draws, only having to play Barcelona in the final. We rode out luck, got down to 10 men and finally lost on penalties. Heartbreaking, but to be honest, they were far better.

Final table

1683604045_LigaSantander_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.d3cd95c44e284a0be28434347bbf7112.png

Transfers

1395910314_Valencia_TransferHistory.thumb.png.eb48ed22ca7f74cf31a928d3fbd77008.png

With the money coming in from Gaya, we got a transfer budget of about 25M euros. Maybe just enough to get Kondogbia in, but I don't think he's worth our entire budget. Let's spend a summer scouting options and think of we can match this next year, while also playing all those extra matches in Europe.

So, a quick update about the start of my second season. The transfer window started brilliantly, with us managing to get in Bernard from Shaktar on a free. He'll play the 'Guedes' role in my system, since I wasn't able to get him again on a loan deal. I got very frustrated by not being able to get certain players from England in on loan, since you can only make a loan bid during the transfer window. And while this was still closed in Spain, other teams in England were able to get in players from the big English clubs. For example, I'd have love to get Fosu-Mensah from ManUtd as replacement for Kondogbia.

For the rest, I sold Cancelo and Santi Mina since they were surplus to requirements. I couldn't find any buyer for Nani, and given his wages I decided to give him a try in the first half of the season. Rodrigo kept throwing a fit about wanting to join Sevilla, so in the end I let him go. Getting somewhere between 25 and 35 M euros for him, which is money we can use.

As replacement for Kondogbia I wanted a hard working, aggresive DM. After searching on certain attributes and scouting some candidates, Baumgartlinger from Leverkusen seemed like a good, cheap candidate to rotate with Coquelin. Given the departures I also wanted a striker and a new winger. Since we need to make money, buying your players in the hope to sell them with a good profit, I looked at all scouting reports and got in Justin Kluivert and Lautaro Martinez as young, hot prospects. 

1617625570_Valencia_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.3bdcb3d27ea87a3d09c979af6c6066b9.png

In pre-season we played around a bit with our tactics, trying two strikers and flat midfield settings, but in the end I decided upon keeping the asymmetric 4411 we used in the first season. Montoya as a WB/S and the right midfielder will change between a WP/S, W/S or IW/S depending on the player. Also, when away from home or against strong opposition, we drop down the mentality ladder and play more balls in space, letting Vietto or one of the quick wingers run towards it. 

With this idea, we managed to win the Supercopa by beating Barca 2-0 at home (and losing 2-1 away). Now on towards the new La Liga season. First results are good, but we got a very, very though draw in the Champions League: PSG, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. The only way we're going to survive that if is everybody takes points from everybody else and not having Bayern and PSG destroying the rest of us. Wish me luck!

Started a save with Valencia after getting bored of my Fulham one.

20180530123042_1.thumb.jpg.85998fb289e153b983488fe2b4edad62.jpg

Centelles was promoted after Gaya left. Locatelli was brought in as a direct replacement for Parejo.

20180530123358_1.thumb.jpg.008effdc88b92e1e6bdfab4616997853.jpg

Incredibly we lost 1 league game all season, to Bilbao, wasn't enough to win us the league tho.

We exited the Spainish Cup early doors, 1st round in fact.

We are currently on a 36 game unbeaten run.

Archived