Become Club Owner

tacticsdude

I'm sure this has been brought up a thousand times. My implementation is very simple:

After a certain reputation level (say 8,000), allow me to use half my lifetime earnings to buy a club (+ a loan of equal amount).

The effect of buying a club is simply that I am the manager, cannot be fired, and the board has to try to do whatever I say (the board can reject my request if there's no way to pay for it, but otherwise they usually agree to anything I say).

The process of buying a club is just going to any club that has a shaky standing (unsettled chairman or insecure finances, etc) and be given the option if the club's value is within my purchasing ability.

For instance:
I've been managing in the EPL for a few years and have generated 7mill career earnings as a manager and a reputation of 8,400. I find a club in the English third division that is worth 6mill and has a status of insecure finances. I go to the club and click on the option "Buy Club" or so.

The "buying" screen is a page to start negotiations where I'm asked what are my intentions for the club and what style of play and development I intend to bring. So I'll say I intend to grow the reputation, play an attacking style while developing local youth, and intend to develop the stadium and facilities asap as money becomes available.

That's it. After a few days the verdict comes back if the club feels that a sale is worthwhile (they'll look at my reputation and tactics, and also decide on how dire the club's situation is), and I'm given a price that is 85% to 200% of the club's value (depending if they think I'm a good match to take the club forward). In this case they came back at 6.5mill and it is a 'take it or leave it' offer.

I accept and immediately become the owner and manager of my new club. The finances say that I paid 3.5mill directly (half my career earnings) and the club has an outstanding loan of 3mill. From now on the board cannot override my decisions and they have to try to do what I ask. I'm allowed to ask my assistant to play the games for me (not just friendlies but competitive matches too). And my career stats show my earnings as my salary and also any dividends I take out every year.

7 hours ago, tacticsdude said:

I'm sure this has been brought up a thousand times. My implementation is very simple:

After a certain reputation level (say 8,000), allow me to use half my lifetime earnings to buy a club (+ a loan of equal amount).

The effect of buying a club is simply that I am the manager, cannot be fired, and the board has to try to do whatever I say (the board can reject my request if there's no way to pay for it, but otherwise they usually agree to anything I say).

The process of buying a club is just going to any club that has a shaky standing (unsettled chairman or insecure finances, etc) and be given the option if the club's value is within my purchasing ability.

For instance:
I've been managing in the EPL for a few years and have generated 7mill career earnings as a manager and a reputation of 8,400. I find a club in the English third division that is worth 6mill and has a status of insecure finances. I go to the club and click on the option "Buy Club" or so.

The "buying" screen is a page to start negotiations where I'm asked what are my intentions for the club and what style of play and development I intend to bring. So I'll say I intend to grow the reputation, play an attacking style while developing local youth, and intend to develop the stadium and facilities asap as money becomes available.

That's it. After a few days the verdict comes back if the club feels that a sale is worthwhile (they'll look at my reputation and tactics, and also decide on how dire the club's situation is), and I'm given a price that is 85% to 200% of the club's value (depending if they think I'm a good match to take the club forward). In this case they came back at 6.5mill and it is a 'take it or leave it' offer.

I accept and immediately become the owner and manager of my new club. The finances say that I paid 3.5mill directly (half my career earnings) and the club has an outstanding loan of 3mill. From now on the board cannot override my decisions and they have to try to do what I ask. I'm allowed to ask my assistant to play the games for me (not just friendlies but competitive matches too). And my career stats show my earnings as my salary and also any dividends I take out every year.

It's an interesting proposal but as the link above shows, is not something that is or will be considered in the short term by SI.

It's also realistic.. like clarence seedorf  also bought monza, players actually do this.. and it sounds fun! 

Buy a club, manage it yourself or put other manager in place you like,,, maybe use it as loan club.

I also dont understand the reason why SI is keeping this off.:seagull:

• 1 month later...
On 24/12/2017 at 09:48, Remez said:

It's also realistic.. like clarence seedorf  also bought monza, players actually do this.. and it sounds fun! 

Buy a club, manage it yourself or put other manager in place you like,,, maybe use it as loan club.

I also dont understand the reason why SI is keeping this off.:seagull:

It’s their game so they can do what they like with it & the inference is they want it to remain a game that simulates being a manager/head coach at a football club not the owner of a club.

4 hours ago, Barside said:

It’s their game so they can do what they like with it & the inference is they want it to remain...

That's true, but at the bare minimum why not open it up to some simple modding like Bethesda does to their games.

On Fallout you can use mods to change the entire storyline and mechanics. Here I am asking for a very minor mod, and we know that this is something that many players want. If SI doen't want it to be a feature in the actual game, but agree that adding to the game would take only a handful of hours of work, then maybe they can make it a downloadable mod somewhere (or open up the platform so that the community can make the mod if we want to - and we will).

23 hours ago, Barside said:

It’s their game so they can do what they like with it & the inference is they want it to remain a game that simulates being a manager/head coach at a football club not the owner of a club.

Ye and we must buy it for to much money. They can do what they want lol.. thats why they want our ideas.

4 hours ago, Remez said:

Ye and we must buy it for to much money. They can do what they want lol.. thats why they want our ideas.

Money comment is neither here nor there, but it comes within the scope of their vision for the game. People can suggest things outside of it, but they're as likely to fall by the wayside as suggestions for a moon landing addition to the game, fly fishing, so on and so on. 

Because they're closely related in your view it doesn't mean they are for others. 

• 8 months later...

Archived