hope that loaning out players is fixed this time

I haven't had much luck with loaning out players either, hardly improves their career.

But then again, it's very hard to find the perfect club for a loan player. Since u have to take alot of variables into account.

It would be nice to work out the loan system a bit more. More interaction between player and manager and manager with manager for example.

14 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

in real football the loaning out of young kids is seen as beneficial but in football manager it just doesnt seem to add anything to your youngsters at all. hope that when the new game comes out this becomes something that can aid a youngsters career.

You will need to look at who you're loaning these players to. The level of football a player gets is important. You also need to make sure they're going to get regular matches.

I guess, OP is saying that, loaning out a youngster doesn't give the expected amount of development which i can say it is true for the game.

I myself stopped loaning my wonderkids around as i saw too many of them were wasted on loan despite playing regularly at a high level. Instead, even if he doesn't play regularly, tutoring them with a mentally strong world class player and training him with quality coaches give better results for me. So i stopped loaning them out and try to get the best out of them in club by training and using in cup games.

This has to be discussed about loan out. Which is more important? Tutoring and training or playing regularly.

9 minutes ago, ermant said:

This has to be discussed about loan out. Which is more important? Tutoring and training or playing regularly.

This has been discussed many times and confirmed by SI somewhere - over 18, matches are the important factor. Before that, it's your facilities that are more important. Tried to find the threads, but can't remember where it was said.

ive actually tried to go one step further and used the editor to have clubs in makor leagues as my affiliates like genoa, atalanta and ajax and experimented with giving them all maxed out coaches and coaching set ups and not much changes with the players. some dont seem to develope at all. 

20 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

ive actually tried to go one step further and used the editor to have clubs in makor leagues as my affiliates like genoa, atalanta and ajax and experimented with giving them all maxed out coaches and coaching set ups and not much changes with the players. some dont seem to develope at all. 

Surely the fact that some do seem to develop indicates that it's not automatically a problem with the game, but with the player or with the club he is on loan at.

27 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

and I'm sure you've had players at your club that don't develop either despite good facilitites and being given game time.

Players need first team football to improve as has been said, if you can't give them that then its sensible to loan them out to a club where they will get first team football.  The next question is who to loan them to, it should be to a club that is not too low that they find it easy and not too high that they struggle.  I normally go with whatever level the coach reports say they are at and then you want a club with decent facilities for their level.

If you've done that and the player has played matches with a decent average (depends on position but say 6.8+) then I would its down to the player, sometimes they simply have  just reached their limit while other times they can hit a bit of a wall.  It doesn't mean that the loan system isn't working.

I actually have an example of a player in my first team who hit a bit of a wall.  Picked him up on a free after Inter released him at 21yo.  He was 2* CA with 4.5* PA (Inc black stars), he quickly gained 0.5* CA in the first six months but then stuck at 2.5* CA.  He is now 24yo and I was thinking about letting him go but at the end of the season I got a training message saying he had shown remarkable improvement, he quickly jumped to 3* CA with 4* PA and seems to be on track again to be a first team player.

What is needed is feedback to us the manager about where our younger player is going to as potential Loan destination. How does the train facilities match up? Does the level of competition they play in compare to where our assistant manager or coaches feel the player currently is? Then the out on loan reports should also mention these aspects as the reason for a good or poor loan performance. Finally the AI code for the DOF or which ever staff member is sending players on loan looks at these when making a decision.

4 minutes ago, Dawsey said:

What is needed is feedback to us the manager about where our younger player is going to as potential Loan destination. How does the train facilities match up? Does the level of competition they play in compare to where our assistant manager or coaches feel the player currently is? Then the out on loan reports should also mention these aspects as the reason for a good or poor loan performance. Finally the AI code for the DOF or which ever staff member is sending players on loan looks at these when making a decision.

All of this is in the game though, so you can easily check? You can see what ability level your assistant or coaches think is the player is and you can obviously check in which league the club is. You can check facilities too.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

All of this is in the game though, so you can easily check? You can see what ability level your assistant or coaches think is the player is and you can obviously check in which league the club is. You can check facilities too.

I agree the information is there but a nice improvement would be on the loan offer screen would the head of youth development saying “this choice of loan isn’t going to help player x for the above reasons”  Of course it is ultimately up to us as manager to make correct choices but would be good for newer players of the game to have their staff give their opnion to help them along. Just my 2 cents & would stop a lot of the “Loans are broken” thread in the forum.

Archived