The 8th Annual FMCU Awards - Awards Night

deltablue

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Dafuge hasn't been a mod for a few years now, and he was a CSE mod anyway ;)

I've added 'stars' to a few threads on the main page. Theoretically they're for pinpointing useful/important threads as a way of cutting down on stickies. I experimented by marking my own, which helped make it easier to find. The trouble is I'm so used to it now that I'm getting very confused at the moment seeing other threads with a star and having to remember it's not mine :D

I started off moderating in CSE, but I was listed as a mod here, CSE and GD. I think I may have been moderating this place when it first started, certainly looks that way from the mod requests thread.

The stars are a nice touch :thup:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dafuge said:

Absolutely, the quality and variety of threads has improved massively since this place first started.

This year wasn't a great one for me, both my South American threads ended due to the same game breaking bug. It was nice to see my Pompey thread nominated a couple of times, originally I wasn't even going to have a thread for that as it was just a save to keep me occupied until FM18.

I echo this. I've been here since FMCU started and it's probably the best year for FM careers, so far.

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

Dafuge hasn't been a mod for a few years now, and he was a CSE mod anyway ;)

I've added 'stars' to a few threads on the main page. Theoretically they're for pinpointing useful/important threads as a way of cutting down on stickies. I experimented by marking my own, which helped make it easier to find. The trouble is I'm so used to it now that I'm getting very confused at the moment seeing other threads with a star and having to remember it's not mine :D

Apologies, I hadn't noticed that dafuge wasn't a Mod now.

I saw the "stars" but wasn't sure how it was worked out. I think it's a great idea. Ideally it would be a different thread each month and it doesn't really matter what the criteria is, just so long as it's a different thread each month. I think it's a great idea. :applause:

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:30, deltablue said:

So a recap of the winners...
Fountain of Youth: Football, Fire and Ice (Jimbo)
Best Journeyman: If you're not first, you're last (ManUtd1)
Best Thread Name: There's Norway I'd go Oslo as that (Keano)
Best Team: Fiorentina (ManUtd1)
Best Newcomer: Trman73
Best Poster: ManUtd1
Best Retro Career: Second Star to the Right (deltablue)
Best Career Thread: If you're not first, you're last (ManUtd1)
Best Manager: Box2Box

Superb stuff, well deserved winners. Thanks for another excellent awards ceremony @deltablue!!

Archived