The 8th Annual FMCU Awards - Awards Night

deltablue

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lord, next is Best Thread Name! I'm actually splitting this into two (and missing out a couple of later entries) for reasons that should become obvious. Careful Piggy, Abby needed a break after this one last year.

2 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

The right 2 threads up there, the very best of the year and both lasting the entirety of fm17 with more achievements possible in both!

Pushing me on to greater heights, the Midget Beast to my urCristiano...

5 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Oh lord, next is Best Thread Name! I'm actually splitting this into two (and missing out a couple of later entries) for reasons that should become obvious. Careful Piggy, Abby needed a break after this one last year.

So many good ones...on pins and needles here.

piggy.thumb.jpg.8317b5adf726e578580fdcef5e4f2bb4.jpg

Well, she's not a real star like moi, is she?

The nominees are...
Can Cunning Coach Create Chimney Corner Continental Champions? (pheelf)
Grab life by the Baltics (King Costly)
Hans Kaiser: Baldness Uber Alles (Oriole)
If you think you're too small to make a difference, you haven't spent a night with a mosquito (Benjoe)
There's Norway I'd go Oslo as that (Keano)
Waalwijk know where we're going, but we don't know where we're RKCing (Deisler)
We didn't underestimate them, they were just a lot better than we thought (Cougar)

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

Congrats to the winners so far!

Has Miss Piggy gone on a small snack break, or is @deltablue struggling to compile the list of all nominees for the next award...

It takes a while, especially for formatting and thread names that aren't short and simple. It makes me regret my policy of listing all nominees ;)

And moving on to... Best FMCU Thread Name by Makoto Nakamura because he had so many including 4 nominations so I thought he deserved his own category (catchy title)

Enter Title in the Space Provided
Having a bite to eat at the Concacafe and the food tastes like Conmebollocks
Ron Swanson, holding a potato. America
(That was an odd one)
Yer oot yer face if yer think Shetland plays fitba.

They all got a single vote each, which wouldn't have been enough combined to win anyway, but since this isn't an official award I'm going for Yer oot yer face if yer think Shetland plays fitba!

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

And moving on to... Best FMCU Thread Name by Makoto Nakamura because he had so many including 4 nominations so I thought he deserved his own category (catchy title)

Having a bite to eat at the Concacafe and the food tastes like Conmebollocks

Damn, I forgot that one. Think that would've been my vote.

He just needs to stop playing FM so goddamn much and focus everything on a single pun per year!

Congrats @Keano16 ! Think you need to track down some kind of Scandinavian beer to celebrate this one.

There’s Norway I’d go Oslo as that: 6

Can Cunning Coach Create Chimney Corner Continental Champions: 5

If you think you’re too small to make a difference you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito: 4

We didn’t underestimate them, they were just a lot better than we thought: 2

Yer oot yer face if yer think Shetland plays fitba!: 1

Grab life by the Baltics: 1

Ron Swanson, holding a Potato. America: 1
Having a Bite to eat at the CONCACAFé and the food tastes like CONMEBOLlocks!: 1

Enter title in the space provided: 1

Waalwijk know where we're going, but we don't know what we've RKC'n: 1

Hans Kaiser: Baldness Uber Alles: 1 

51 minutes ago, deltablue said:

The winner is... Football, fire and ice!

Jimbokav rules the youth roost once more.

Bloody hell. :eek:

Thanks very much. Really surprised at that this year, (but also chuffed). There has been a real increase in the number of Youth based saves being played and rather than a few idiots like there were when it started, it's now becoming.... well no, not mainstream, but certainly not as far out and wacky as it once was. 

Anyone who even got shortlisted this year deserves a big :applause:because I know that any thread of this type is a significant investment.

I would hope that some of you who haven't given this style a try might be more encouraged to give it a go. It's different certainly, but can be enormously rewarding even if your targets and goals might have to be modified and lowered slightly. 

Anyway, thank you very much for whoever voted me. I am very chuffed. :cool:

piggy.thumb.jpg.79fe56d2b31f3a58eb74acb3181abb9f.jpg

Of course, I am a professional star you know!

The nominees are...
Athlone, Brondby and Munster Energie from Box2Box
Fiorentina, Partizan and Malmo from ManUtd1
Leatherhead and Shetland from Makoto Nakamura
HK from Jimbokav
Portsmouth from dafuge
RWS Bruxelles from Argento
San Giovanni from Jupjamie

50 minutes ago, deltablue said:

piggy.thumb.jpg.5b223914e072aaac5c5bd6ae0d1e38e6.jpg

So, when do we start?

errrr

I'm a page behind so I'm assuming that someone will have asked this already, but ....just in case they haven't...... errrrr....... exactly how many nipples does Miss Piggy have?

It's a serious question that needs a serious response! :D

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

errrr

I'm a page behind so I'm assuming that someone will have asked this already, but ....just in case they haven't...... errrrr....... exactly how many nipples does Miss Piggy have?

#AskingForAFriend

And the winner is... with vote splitting not damaging him at all... ManUtd1's Fiorentina!

ManUtd’s Fiorentina: 6

RWS Bruxelles: 4

Portsmouth: 3

HK (Jimbo):2

San Giovanni: 2

ManUtd’s Partizan: 1

ManUtd’s Malmo: 1

Makoto’s Leatherhead: 1

Box2box’s Athlone: 1

Box2Box’s Brondby: 1

Box2Box’s Munster Energie: 1

Makoto’s Shetland: 1

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

errrr

I plan on 'investigating' just that later, if she allows it. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

errrr

latest?cb=20131027233927

19 minutes ago, deltablue said:

And the winner is, heading another close field... There's Norway I'd Go Oslo as that! I'm not sure why it was even close ;)

Well I certainly was not expecting that! Thanks to everyone who voted. There was definitely some other great titles.

Just now, deltablue said:

And the winner is... with vote splitting not damaging him at all... ManUtd1's Fiorentina!

Damn... Thank you, all.  That was quite possibly the height of my save, on every level.

This has easily been the most enjoyable year I've had of FM, my favorite save...everything.  This community embracing my insanity made it all the more enjoyable, and this is the cherry on top, no doubt.

You guys are amazing.

Archived