Who are the 'more creative' players?

I assume it takes the normal shape instructions  for your Attack duties but then gives them a bump. So if you're on Flexible your Attack duties will be set to improvise a little more than a balanced player would. By selecting Be More Expressive, I assume it keeps Defend and Support duties where they were but increases licence to improvise to just your Attack duties.

Just a logical deduction though.

I'm curious on what exact effects "creativity" have as well.  So it says "additional vision and flair" is that dribble more and more risky passes?  How does this translate into instructions and who gets those instructions?

The most obvious examples within the match engine itself is when you see players do trick passes (like a back heel kick backwards).  It can help with dribbling and getting open, but it isn't super obvious in the match engine. I have seen commentary in scouting reports and post game reports about how players use their creativity to beat defenders. I'm guessing that it's particularly strong when you have players with high flair going up against defenders with poorer anticipation and marking.

14 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

When using the team instruction of 'be more expressive', who exactly are the more creative players? Is it the playmakers, those with high flair and vision etc.? Does anyone actually know who this instruction will affect on the pitch?

Thanks.

59b3ed02670c7_ScreenShot2017-09-07at18_17_51.thumb.png.25e6310d5495f6bb3181708ab13d5079.png

You are specifically look for roles in your system that require more creativity to pull off successfully here. So any role that has "risky passing" locked in or any role that you have "risky passes" ticked as a PI would qualify. To know which roles are affected, just go to the training screen, check which roles have vision and flair checked as attributes that may be improved and chances are these are the ones affected. Its the simplest way to check.  So any role that has decisions, vision and flair.

I was under the impression the creative freedom options simply increased or decreased creative freedom - so more expressive allows players to make their own choices away from the tactical set up. A player told to avoid running with the ball may do it occasionally for example.

On 10/09/2017 at 05:06, Rashidi said:

You are specifically look for roles in your system that require more creativity to pull off successfully here. So any role that has "risky passing" locked in or any role that you have "risky passes" ticked as a PI would qualify. To know which roles are affected, just go to the training screen, check which roles have vision and flair checked as attributes that may be improved and chances are these are the ones affected. Its the simplest way to check.  So any role that has decisions, vision and flair.

So are you suggesting that the only roles that have more freedom to be more creative are those that have vision and flare as a required attribute, e.g., an advanced playmaker? I mean this makes sense to me, but I want to be sure which players I'm allowing this extra creativity. 

I have a system that uses two deep lying playmakers in the central midfield. However, They're not to be taking risks. They are there to recycle possession and keep their shape in the middle. Using their tactical awareness to keep possession of the ball and releasing it to the right player ahead of them. I have three roles ahead that are to do as I say, but one player, my Advanced Playmaker on the right, I want to have the freedom to do something creative when the need arises.

16 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

So are you suggesting that the only roles that have more freedom to be more creative are those that have vision and flare as a required attribute, e.g., an advanced playmaker? I mean this makes sense to me, but I want to be sure which players I'm allowing this extra creativity. 

I have a system that uses two deep lying playmakers in the central midfield. However, They're not to be taking risks. They are there to recycle possession and keep their shape in the middle. Using their tactical awareness to keep possession of the ball and releasing it to the right player ahead of them. I have three roles ahead that are to do as I say, but one player, my Advanced Playmaker on the right, I want to have the freedom to do something creative when the need arises.

V.good question.

Not at the game right now but I think DLP has vision as an important attribute but not flair... so the expressive action will encourage their use of vision? i.e. play longer passes? more through balls?

A winger role presumably has flair as a key attribute so they might try more tricks and dribbles.

5 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

A winger role presumably has flair as a key attribute so they might try more tricks and dribbles.

I think it's more that the role is more essential to wingers because they are often isolated and anything they can do to create space to get past a defender will be super valuable.

One of my central midfielders has 18 flair and I think it helps him still perform will as a sub for me despite most of my other midfielders being more objectively better.  I think there's issues with it in the match engine that makes it hard to visualize (beyond the behind the back heel kick passes the engine sometimes does) but he is a consistent performer and gets good results and sometimes I get to see those slick passes feed a forward on a lovely through ball.

But, for a central midfielder it isn't as essential so it's not a highlighted role. A workhorse type can do fine without being overly fancy with how they play because they'll have a lot of support with them typically.

Archived