Am I the only one who don't like choosing...

Hey everybody, so I would like to start a new carreer but I noticed that I never choose my favourite team, I am a chelsea supporter since 1998 but I don't know, I never choose Chelsea because I don't feel it, I am scared it's too easy to win with a team that I fully know. So am I the only one who never choose his favourite team?

I only do unemployed start at low rep so unless my club end up in the lowest division then I cannot choose them.  I have had them offer me a position after some success lower down but as It was a number of seasons in the squad barely resembled the real life equivalent. Although if you wanted realism in a save would starting at Chelsea be that?

I'm the same I'm a Man Utd fan but I never manage Man Utd because I prefer a challenge of taking a team to the top rather than keeping a team at the top. Last time I managed Utd was the year we were taken over by the Glazers because I thought it would be a financial challenge.

Arsenal are my favourite team, but I've rarely managed them. That's mainly because of the Wenger factor, but also because I'm more of a lower-league team-builder. FM16 was the first time I'd managed the Gunners since FM07, and it didn't go particularly well. I've already decided, though, that Arsenal will be my first save on FM18 - if I buy it.

It's a different story with my second team - Millwall. I've managed them on numerous occasions, with varying degrees of success/failure, from CM00/01 to FM17. My most successful career with the Lions was on CM4, where I won Division 1 and the FA Cup (and lost the League Cup Final) in the first season.

I'm a Reading fan, and in pretty much every save I've done over the FM series, only once have I accepted their offer of a job - this was after they were relegated to League 2 in FM 15 and I left my Napoli job to build them back up to the Prem. Did manage to then get the Arsenal job, they sacked Wenger after finishing 7th in the Prem, the week before the Europa league final. 1st game in charge, won a European competition!

I always do at least one save with my Arsenal :D 

But other than that mostly play online vs my brother so we will pick two of the best matched sides in any league...currently Barca vs Madrid as Brexit makes EPL a bit rubbish on this FM.

Other one player motives;

• journeyman starting out as low as possible and taking a club all the way
  • journeyman 'yes man' - a story created by another FM'er whereby you say yes to every job you are offered 
  • I find the best wonderkid on the game and start with his club with the intention of playing out his career
  • Play with the best/richest club to assemble an all star team to win as many back to back champs leagues as possible.  

Archived