New stadium

Does anyone know when I will be able to ask the board to build a new stadium?

They tried to expand it some years ago but were unable to and our average attendance is 100% of the stadium capacity.

Is it just random?

Do you have the finances to build a new stadium? Depending on the size, nation and other things, a stadium cost quite a bit of money and if you don't have a good financial foundation then the board probably won't consider it?

This is something FM might explain better though. How about "greying" out the option and give a tooltip as to why you cannot chose the option. For a new stadium it can be something like "The current one was only built X years ago and the club won't build a new one yet", or "Don't have the finances to build", or "Was asked the question to recently". Just a little suggestion to help user know why some options are not available instead of removing them from the list.

@XaW I was thinking the same for some board requests :thup:.
I mean, why am I able to request for an increase in junior coaching when the club won't do it till I spend some time there?
Why am I able to request for higher staff wages when they are not going to accept it anyway?
Etc.

My opinion is, till the board is ready to accept such requests, these options should be greyed out.

It'll be something to do with either finances, reputation etc. 

Personally I think all board requests should be available at any time, except for designated periods after a request has been made.  I mean after all its you asking them because you think its a worthwhile request.  It doesn't sit right that the option to even ask them about it only appears under certain circumstances. 

If they're going to reject it then fine, but at least you'd get an answer from the board as to the reason.

4 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I'm pretty sure you can't ask for a new stadium if the current one was built less than 20 years ago

Yeah just read something about that, someone else said 25. So guess I'm waiting!

1 hour ago, Orbylus said:

Yeah just read something about that, someone else said 25. So guess I'm waiting!

I'm 99% sure it's 20.

I was able to request Arsenal built a new stadium in 2026 (Emirates opened in 2006). They said no :( 

Okay. The option is there, but they keep saying "Oooh we can't do it without a sizeable increase in fan base" our current stadium is 12k. We're the highest rated club in the world. Our average attendance is 100%. What more do these people want?!?!

Poole. 

A new stadium was built in my first season because of safety rules or something like that, only now has the 20 years passed so I can try and bug the board to build one.

We tried expanding the stadium but the council didn't allow permission and so the option has never come up again.

I've got the same issue with my margate side. Took them into the up the leagues with a 6000 stadium (2750 standing) which the board constantly refused to upgrade capacity.. Now I've been promoted, they have decided to renovate it into a 10000 seater, due to open in January, but my first 6 months in the premiership I currently have a 2775 seater stadium where the standing room and everything else is ripped out... I'm assuming I only have one stand open.. Lol 

19 minutes ago, Orbylus said:

Poole.

ok, so you are in a small coastal  town.  direct local borough population maybe 150k at most, most of which will be Bournemouth supporters all there life. as you are in Bournemouth.  im only half joking when i say that it is a miracle you can get as many people now as you do :)

im not sure how much town attractiveness goes towards bringing in supporters from outside your area, but if it has a large effect you will struggle even more as i would be surprised if poole had 3 for that

must be a struggle to put together a top team with no real reason for players to go there, kudos for that! you might be dissapointed with any new ground you get though, good luck!

On 6/25/2017 at 20:07, Mrlee.1986 said:

I've got the same issue with my margate side. Took them into the up the leagues with a 6000 stadium (2750 standing) which the board constantly refused to upgrade capacity.. Now I've been promoted, they have decided to renovate it into a 10000 seater, due to open in January, but my first 6 months in the premiership I currently have a 2775 seater stadium where the standing room and everything else is ripped out... I'm assuming I only have one stand open.. Lol 

What kind of attendances were you getting in the Championship? I'm pretty sure there is a no standing rule in the Championship and PL. How do people go all the way to the top with such small attendances anyway?

1 hour ago, Mrlee.1986 said:

@Cuenca Guy 6000 sellout every single home game - it was a joke to be honest, it cost me more in match day fees than the income I got. Basically losing money every time I played a game. 

So you just have to rocket through the leagues? What would happen if you stalled out?

38 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

So you just have to rocket through the leagues? What would happen if you stalled out?

if you stalled at a lower league, your long term save would be more balanced as your stadium, reputation and team balanced themselves more before reaching too high

1 minute ago, lemeuresnew said:

if you stalled at a lower league, your long term save would be more balanced as your stadium, reputation and team balanced themselves more before reaching too high

This is true, I was lucky with loans, a couple of cup runs (including winning the non league cup) and mostly picking off Players from the relegated clubs.. league 2 was the most difficult in fairness, mostly due to the change from semi pro to pro. 

But overall, as much as it's amazing to shoot up the leagues, sometimes you do need to take a season or two to "chill" and consolidate some decent income. I'm only 3 1/2 star club rep still and a 3 star manager. 

the club rep will go up a lot quicker in the top league than you would think once youre winning things. i recently saw Chelsea relegated, and they dropped straight down to a 3.5 star rating, so that is generally a high championship team

34 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

I'm just concerned we'll run out of finances. I have a general 3-year "plan" for relatively quickly moving up each league which is lower-mid table, upper-mid table/playoff push, and then promotion. Of course, the first year in the Conference, we ran in the top 3 all year and won our last 4 games to win the league in dramatic fashion by two points, scoring two goals in the last 30 minutes to win 3-2.

However, given that my stadium was built in 2013 and the board doesn't seem very ambitious, don't I run the risk of having no real way of earning enough money and, in a few years, being stuck in League 1 until we can build a new stadium? Looking at the stats, an attendance of 6,000 doesn't leave you in a position to be financially competitive in the Championship. Or will I have the opportunity to continue to significantly expand my stadium? Are boards willing to expand when the loans for previous expansions are still outstanding?

1 minute ago, Cuenca Guy said:

However, given that my stadium was built in 2013 and the board doesn't seem very ambitious, don't I run the risk of having no real way of earning enough money and, in a few years, being stuck in League 1 until we can build a new stadium? Looking at the stats, an attendance of 6,000 doesn't leave you in a position to be financially competitive in the Championship. Or will I have the opportunity to continue to significantly expand my stadium? Are boards willing to expand when the loans for previous expansions are still outstanding?

what is the stadiums expansion capacity? how much is it costing you to expand, and how much do you have left to pay?

there are lots of things that can happen. get a few players poached by a premiership team and you can make a killing. even a bad season in premier league (if you keep on top of wages) will make you more cash than 5 years in league 1. new owner. you just never know

i think the most important thing is to always be improving, the rest will take care of itself in good time :)

54 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

what is the stadiums expansion capacity? how much is it costing you to expand, and how much do you have left to pay?

I never knew you could get that info. Fired up the database editor, and it says 20,000. It looks like that's an additional 20,000 and not 20,000 in total, but either way, that's plenty of room. We got a grant of about a million pounds and a loan for the same amount, payable over 10 years to expand our stadium by just over 1,000 and add more seats. Our other loan of 500,000 (FC United starts with a loan) has two more years until it's paid in full. The club is fan-owned, so there's an election every two years, but there's no option for a new, rich owner. Hopefully they get a little more ambitious in the years to come and continue to expand.

I've had a couple of young kids on my first team with League 1 or League 2 potential get looked at by Scottish Premiership and the occasional Championship side (and even a Polish one), but I've never wanted to sell and never got an offer. I would like to see what the offers would be, but in-game, their listed value is only around 20k pounds. I have stated the player is not for sale in press conferences because I don't want to cause problems by suggesting he might be available. Now that we're in League 2, I'd be willing to sell them if a decent offer came in. My youth setup still produces crap players.

I'm trying to do a long-term save, and I just worry that bringing in a new chairman, I'll lose the goodwill from back-to-back promotions and get fired because we're in League 2 or League 1 for five years.

8 minutes ago, Cuenca Guy said:

I'm trying to do a long-term save, and I just worry that bringing in a new chairman, I'll lose the goodwill from back-to-back promotions and get fired because we're in League 2 or League 1 for five years

that could happen at any time, and doing well may not mean anything if they insist on you matching the nation they are from...

as you go up in the leagues, the same players will obviously be worth more than the season before, so no rush to sale. just keep in mind that a decent youth in league 1 can still be worth more than that loan you need to pay back with a bit of luck

Archived