Can you find me this team?

Honestly, just click on the 2016-17 Champions League Wikipedia page. It tells you all the teams that qualified and where they finished. In terms of non-champions outside the big 5 leagues you have:

FK Partizani Tirana - Albania - Second Qualifying Round. Last won the league in 92-93 and only qualified due to the suspension of Skënderbeu Korçë for match fixing.

PAOK FC - Greece - Third Qualifying Round. Last won the league in 84-85.

BSC Young Boys - Switzerland - Third Qualifying Round. Last won in 85-86.

FC Rostov - Russia - Third Qualifying Round. Never won the league.

FC Porto - Portugal - Play Off Round. But they did win in 12-13.

Sporting - Portugal - Group Stage. Last won in 01-02.

FC Steaua București, AC Sparta Prague, Fenerbahçe S.K., R.S.C. Anderlecht, Ajax and FC Shakhtar Donetsk are all non-champions that qualified but have won the league sometime in the past 3 years.

Good luck picking a team. I'm planning to do a Young Boys save myself and topple the might of Basel and bring the title back to Bern.

1 hour ago, Cal585 said:

Good luck picking a team. I'm planning to do a Young Boys save myself and topple the might of Basel and bring the title back to Bern.

I love doing Swiss saves. I am using an edited database and starting in the 5th tier with a homegrown challenge. I am probably going to start a thread in the careers section tracking my progress. Good luck and let me know how you get on!

1 hour ago, Maw74 said:

Tottenham (not won league since 61)

Very, very good in the game though and with Premier League money and a 61k stadium on the horizon very easy to succeed with.

(Part of me misses the ~FM06 days when we were a real challenge!)

10 hours ago, mark1985 said:

I love doing Swiss saves. I am using an edited database and starting in the 5th tier with a homegrown challenge. I am probably going to start a thread in the careers section tracking my progress. Good luck and let me know how you get on!

Young Boys playing at Wankdorf used to to intrigue me but know it disturbs.

11 hours ago, Chinook2000 said:

I know what you mean. It's a bit of a cringe worthy combination (though the stadium itself is quite nice). Still, my save is likely to be a little way off yet so there's some time to ponder. Zurich or Servette would also make great Swiss careers from the 2nd tier.

12 hours ago, Chinook2000 said:

Telling someone you're off to watch Young Boys Bern Grasshoppers at the Wankdorf gets you on all kinds of registers...

1 hour ago, Cal585 said:

I know what you mean. It's a bit of a cringe worthy combination (though the stadium itself is quite nice). Still, my save is likely to be a little way off yet so there's some time to ponder. Zurich or Servette would also make great Swiss careers from the 2nd tier.

Always considered Servette but can't bring myself to do Zurich. My Swiss team are kind of rivals with them and lets just say Zurich fans don't take losing too well...

Archived