Did the goalkeepers start dropping the ball with the new patch?

I know the latest patch contains no match engine fixes. But I cannot help thinking that since installing it, goalkeepers have shown a worrying tendency to just drop the ball, for no reason whatsoever. This has happened both to my benefit and disadvantage. I find it very peculiar - especially because the commentary clearly doesn't see it.

A goalkeeper has the ball firmly in his hands. He is preparing to take a kick. All of a sudden, the ball is on the ground next to him. A striker runs and pounces. The commentary says nothing about the goalkeeper making a terrible, terrible blunder.

Anyone else seen this?

18 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@xzar_monty

You have answered your question in your first sentence.

FrazT is correct. This has been an issue since the beginning of FM 17 and not just recently. The silver lining is that opposition goalkeepers drop the ball behind themselves just as much as your goalkeepers do, so I guess it evens out.

@FrazT: Quite possibly so. It's a funny coincidence, though, that I never saw it once before the latest patch, but it has been a feature since then. I do know that that falls within the realm of possibility, as far as probabilities are concerned.

Anyway, good to know that it's a known bug. It's also a dreadful one.

A few ME bugs were needed to get fixed but weren't. But I am ok with this. The timeframe needed to rectify a few issues would be much longer than the time SI had. I understand the balance would have been thrown out if drastic changes were made. Hoping FM18 ME has some huge huge changes and improvements

Archived