Anyone seen 'Brexit' in there game yet?

1 minute ago, formerlyiab said:

I don't tend to focus on British players,

What I'm taking from this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are you the type of FM'er who buys loads of young foreign talent with the sole intention of selling them for insane profit to make the easiest league to manage in even easier?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I think the big thing that SI have missed in all this is that once we leave the EU we can make whatever rules we want.

The govt will be heavily lobbied by the premier league and its sponsors that plus the tax revenues generated by the Premier League and the players and the TV rights and at the risk of completely pissing off however many million of the electorate watch the premier league, there is absolutely no chance - zero percent - that we will have anything other than broadly the situation we have now.  

Which government wants to go into the 2020 election having torpedoed the Premier League......

This whole thing was a publicity stunt from SI

3 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

I don't tend to focus on British players,

So basically what it boils down to is that you don't like the possible rules that could come into play.

Sorry but thats life.

It also begs the question if you don't focus on British players why are you bothered about playing in England.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What I'm taking from this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are you the type of FM'er who buys loads of young foreign talent with the sole intention of selling them for insane profit to make the easiest league to manage in even easier?

I will answer your question, when you have explained the relevance of its contents to the wider discussion.

I'm not holding my breath.

Just now, formerlyiab said:

Also I think the big thing that SI have missed in all this is that once we leave the EU we can make whatever rules we want.

How have they missed it when there are many options built into the game.

Just further up the thread you have an option that allows you 15 foreign players per squad with no work permits and current players treated as non-foreign.

2 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

So basically what it boils down to is that you don't like the possible rules that could come into play.

Sorry but thats life.

It also begs the question if you don't focus on British players why are you bothered about playing in England.

its taken you that long to realise that is my issue? - Wow.

I don't like SI's interpretation of the possible rules in combination with the fact that the outcome in my game was decided by RNG and I could have had an outcome I'd have preferred.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

With respect, that is at best pure speculation, and at worst, arrant nonsense. 

Nope - in a work permit system, professional footballer will simply be given exemption in the same way actors and other performers would be.

In the midst of Brexit there is no way that the UK Govt will be diminishing one of our most successful exports

I will answer your question, when you have explained the relevance of its contents to the wider discussion.

I'm not holding my breath.

Because the relevance is this. 

You bleat about how FM is supposed to be this 'realistic simulator', and yet we have situation whereby you may be the type of manager who stockpiles loads of young foreign talent with the outlook of selling them for millions of pounds of profit to make your top team almost unbeatable. 

Like no other manager or team has done in real life ever. 

Realism when it suits. in other words. 

The Brexit thing is in FM this year. Deal with it or move on. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because the relevance is this. 

You bleat about how FM is supposed to be this 'realistic simulator', and yet we have situation whereby you may be the type of manager who stockpiles loads of young foreign talent with the outlook of selling them for millions of pounds of profit to make your top team almost unbeatable. 

Like no other manager or team has done in real life ever. 

Realism when it suits. in other words. 

The Brexit thing is in FM this year. Deal with it or move on. 

Invalid on all counts. Your initial premise is incorrect and your speculation from there on in is irrelevant.  Good job.

its taken you that long to realise that is my issue? - Wow.

I don't like SI's interpretation of the possible rules in combination with the fact that the outcome in my game was decided by RNG and I could have had an outcome I'd have preferred.

No, I knew your issue with your first post in the thread.

You are basically having a tantrum like a 2yo because SI have done something that you don't like and rather than adapting to it you are throwing your toys around before you've even experienced it in your save.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

No, I knew your issue with your first post in the thread.

You are basically having a tantrum like a 2yo because SI have done something that you don't like and rather than adapting to it you are throwing your toys around before you've even experienced it in your save.

I am expressing my dislike of a feature in a product and brand I enjoy as a consumer of said product since the original Championship Manager.

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Next time I have a job interview, if I don't get the job, I'll stomp around in a fit of rage because it's not the outcome I would have preferred. 

You should have worked harder to get international caps in order to get a work permit, rather than going to the appeals interview :rolleyes::lol:

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You can breathe again now. 

You're never going to admit it of course, but it stands out a mile. 

So having not been able to actually discuss any of my concerns in any meaningful way, despite me having had to spell them out to you repeatedly you decided to move succinctly on to groundless speculation about how I play the game and then use that as a means to sneer at me.

4 minutes ago, formerlyiab said:

I am expressing my dislike of a feature in a product and brand I enjoy as a consumer of said product since the original Championship Manager.

With respect you have kinda missed the boat on that one.

That discussion was being had two/three weeks ago when the feature was announced.  At the very least this isn't the thread for it as its to do with the outcome and not the feature itself.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

With respect you have kinda missed the boat on that one.

That discussion was being had two/three weeks ago when the feature was announced.  At the very least this isn't the thread for it as its to do with the outcome and not the feature itself.

agreed - ive just realised this

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

:lol:

Another one for the hall of fame. We're on a roll this week. 

You certainly are! Give it another month or two and nobody will bother attempting to talk about anything anymore. Mission accomplished.

8 hours ago, formerlyiab said:

its not annoyance at the vote.

I would rather SI had gone with 1 Brexit scenario and go with that OR just ignore it.

If I get a really hard brexit I will just quit that game - I have no interest in playing in SI's imaginary 'la la' land where they make up competition rules as they go

Surely, that is unrealistic. It is going to happen, and there are ramifications for football in the real world. This game models itself on the variables and thus the realism of football; this is just one of the variations of a result of real world activity. So long as they cater to ALL possible outcomes, the above is  the most unrealistic thing they could have done.  

Also, as I think may have been pointed out earlier, any time you click continue you're playing in Lala land. 

• KUBI locked this topic

Archived