Just a few things

Just a few things from the beta so far- playing 17.0.2 patch. All in all I am actually very happy with the game so far. 

Can someone clarify the change in names for spanish clubs, Sociedad and Betis? 

How after all these years do we still not have a german national team with proper players?

What attributes needed for sports science/data analyst or are these just cosmetic additions?

Why players just leave the ball even though it is right next to them, allowing another player (opposition) from further away to get it?

Why some ridiculous goals are conceded too often? 

Why on scouting, when i mass-select a group of players to scout, the number displayed is wrong? (eg I select 20 players to scout and the pop up box says 'scout these 3 players?'

I have never heard on sky sports news or any other team news for that matter, 'blisters' being the reason a player is out for 4-5 days.....

Injuries do seem excessive overall. Knocks yes, happen all the time, but to have 4 or 5 long term injuries at a time doesnt seem accurate. 

Board confidence - on the summary screen, my fans are unhappy with my transfer activity and when i click on transfers for further analysis, the fans are happy with each individual transfer listed....

Also when I ask for scout reports on players i only seem to get a report card and not the 3 games I asked for in my personal assistant settings on staff responsiblilities. 

Finally, what does beta version actually mean? The game seems pretty full as it is and people on here seem to have played multiple seasons already, I thought it used to be limited to 6 months of a season? 

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, docgm2011 said:

How after all these years do we still not have a german national team with proper players?

All because SI does not have or lose the licences for those clubs.

15 minutes ago, docgm2011 said:

Finally, what does beta version actually mean? The game seems pretty full as it is and people on here seem to have played multiple seasons already, I thought it used to be limited to 6 months of a season? 

A not finished full version, released to find and fix bugs. The limited 6 months version is the demo.

3 hours ago, docgm2011 said:

Just a few things from the beta so far- playing 17.0.2 patch. All in all I am actually very happy with the game so far. 

What attributes needed for sports science/data analyst or are these just cosmetic additions?

Why players just leave the ball even though it is right next to them, allowing another player (opposition) from further away to get it?

Why some ridiculous goals are conceded too often? 

Why on scouting, when i mass-select a group of players to scout, the number displayed is wrong? (eg I select 20 players to scout and the pop up box says 'scout these 3 players?'

I have never heard on sky sports news or any other team news for that matter, 'blisters' being the reason a player is out for 4-5 days.....

Injuries do seem excessive overall. Knocks yes, happen all the time, but to have 4 or 5 long term injuries at a time doesnt seem accurate. 

Board confidence - on the summary screen, my fans are unhappy with my transfer activity and when i click on transfers for further analysis, the fans are happy with each individual transfer listed....

Also when I ask for scout reports on players i only seem to get a report card and not the 3 games I asked for in my personal assistant settings on staff responsiblilities. 

Thank you!

The issue with the German names is the same as it has been every single year, SI do not hold the licenses. 

Sports scientist needs physiotherapy stat, data analyst is just whoever.

Players leaving the ball, I'm not positive. I know the 3D match engine is (or at least used to) be attempting to display a representation of what's happening, and sometimes it gets mixed up and what is shown on 3D isn't actually what's happening in the engine. May have nothing to do with this but idk.

This is a beta, things are still being tuned. And sometimes, just like real life, ridiculous goals do go in.

The number displayed isn't wrong. Most likely some of the players (17 in your example) are either out of scouting range or cannot be scouted for some reason.

Believe it or not, there are things that happen in the world outside of what you personally read about.

SI tries to model their injury rate after real life. Again, this is a beta, so the numbers aren't final. Things may change before release.

Right click the player, select scouting, and you can select who you want to scout them and for how long.

A beta version is the same as a beta version in any other game. It's a pre-release version, generally available to either a small number of people (closed beta) or everyone (open beta) to test the game on a large scale before everything is finalized for release. 

11 minutes ago, CarltonBanks said:

The issue with the German names is the same as it has been every single year, SI do not hold the licenses. 

Sports scientist needs physiotherapy stat, data analyst is just whoever.

Players leaving the ball, I'm not positive. I know the 3D match engine is (or at least used to) be attempting to display a representation of what's happening, and sometimes it gets mixed up and what is shown on 3D isn't actually what's happening in the engine. May have nothing to do with this but idk.

This is a beta, things are still being tuned. And sometimes, just like real life, ridiculous goals do go in.

The number displayed isn't wrong. Most likely some of the players (17 in your example) are either out of scouting range or cannot be scouted for some reason.

Believe it or not, there are things that happen in the world outside of what you personally read about.

SI tries to model their injury rate after real life. Again, this is a beta, so the numbers aren't final. Things may change before release.

Right click the player, select scouting, and you can select who you want to scout them and for how long.

A beta version is the same as a beta version in any other game. It's a pre-release version, generally available to either a small number of people (closed beta) or everyone (open beta) to test the game on a large scale before everything is finalized for release. 

I was under the impression that neither needs any particular attribute, just filling the role is enough to get the job automatically done.

See here -

3 hours ago, docgm2011 said:

Sounds like they want you to do more, since you're so good at it.

Just kidding. If you think it isn't working correctly, post it in the bug report section of the forum, that's exactly what the beta is for.

I signed a whole bunch of 16 yr olds in one save to populate my U18 team and the supporters got pissed because they thought they weren't worthy of a first team place (which they clearly weren't as they had youngster status and were all 16 ), Now the board thinks my transfer buys (they were all free) weren't any good and their confidence in me is dropping 

Archived