dafuge's South American tour

dafuge

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentinos Juniors - Primera División - 2031/32

We had a brilliant season last year and with a number of great young players in the squad I had high hopes for this season.

League Table - we never looked like catching Racing, but 2nd place was a superb finish.

Copa Argentina - we had a strangely easy route to the final, which we dominated.

Copa Libertadores - we just about made it through the group stage, but the next round continues next season.

Squad - the squad has some amazing young players, but there's always the danger of bigger clubs pinching them.

Transfers - losing our star DM Zarate was a blow, but I managed to sign some great new players.

Finances - a loss, but the facilities were upgraded.

Key Player Profiles:

Fabián Barrios - top scorer in an amazing season for the striker.

Gino Cordon - this was the replacement for my unhappy winger, he was a huge upgrade!

Wilson Moreno - the new signing to partner Barrios.

Luis Fernando Guevara - we somehow managed to keep him despite bids from huge clubs.

Gastón Ortega - a really exciting new youth product.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted
2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists
2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       
2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2027       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2028/29    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                15th      Relegated
2029/30    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera B Nacional              1st       Promoted as champions
2030/31    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                7th
2031/32    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                2nd       Copa Argentina winners
Next Season:

I have something in the works for next season, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if I extended my contract here for another year or two.

cZlZQRN.png

Despite an excellent season at Argentinos Juniors, this was the club that I had always wanted to manage in Argentina.

Club - there's no doubt, this is the biggest club in the Country.

Facilities - the facilities are superb and we have a nice new stadium (shame about the name).

Finances - I'm not really used to this!

Squad - the wages on these players are unreal, I'll be looking to rebuild using younger players and youth products.

League Table - I've moved to a club nine places lower, but it is a massive step up in club stature.

I'm hoping that I can stay here for a while as I believe this is the first club I've been at capable of winning the Libertadores.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

What's wrong with a stadium named after Riquelme? 

I've got nothing against Riquelme, I'm just not really a huge fan of stadia named after players (or managers). I've always hoped that SI would come up with a better way of naming new grounds.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2032/33

This was my first season at a really big club, so I needed to get the results on the pitch at the same time as rebuilding the squad. Anything other than the title would be a disappointment to the board.

League Table - we won it with a game to spare, but we also threw away loads of points while rotating the squad to keep everyone happy. It was good to see my old club in the top half after the difficult transfer window they had.

Copa Argentina - we got knocked out under the previous manager last season, but I've made a good start against two weaker teams.

Recopa Sudamericana - we won the Sudamericana last season, but came up short against Vasco.

Copa Libertadores - the previous manager got us out of the group stage which set me up for a decent run. It was good to see the improvement against Vasco, but Flamengo were just too good.

Copa Sudamericana - we''ll be back in the Libertadores next season, but we've made a good start to this tournament.

Squad - the squad is pretty well balanced already, but there's loads of room for improvement.

Transfers - I had a really busy transfer window as I got rid of the deadwood and replaced them with decent young players.

Finances - we've somehow made a small profit, which is great news.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - I knew nothing about him until deadline day, what a player!

César Medina - another great striker that I signed, although he wants leave after PSG unsettled him.

Hugo Díaz - he took a while to settle and overcome injuries, but he scored a decent number from midfield.

Juan Giannaccini - an exciting talent, he becomes my most expensive signing ever.

Alejandro Lioret - my players are moaning about a weakness in attack, which is odd when I have players like this sat on the bench.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2018       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       4th       
2019       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera B                       1st       Promoted
2020       San Marcos de Arica    Chile      Primera División                1st       Copa Chile winners
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio and Copa Sudamericana winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             1st       Intermedio winners
2024       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       Playoff finalists
2025       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   3rd       
2026       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2027       Deportivo Wanka        Peru       Copa Movistar                   1st       Playoff winners
2028/29    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                15th      Relegated
2029/30    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera B Nacional              1st       Promoted as champions
2030/31    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                7th
2031/32    Argentinos Juniors     Argentina  Primera División                2nd       Copa Argentina winners
2032/33    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       
Next Season:

It's really noticeable how much bigger this club is, as I'm able to bully the other Argentinian clubs around in the transfer market. The money at the Brazilian clubs is on another level though, we've got quite a way to go to catch them up.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2033/34

I had a great first season at Boca, but this was just the start as I had ambitions of challenging the biggest clubs in South America.

League Table - we won it pretty comfortably as our rivals River had a terrible season.

Supercopa Argentina - this was a great way to start off the season.

Copa Argentina - it took penalties for me to lift my first cup at the club.

Copa Sudamericana - beating Palmeiras was probably our best result, but it set up our win in the Superclásico final.

Copa Libertadores - we've made a perfect start, with two excellent wins over Flamengo.

Squad - we have a number of excellent players, but they are still getting unsettled by bids from the Brazilian clubs.

Transfers - I took a different approach, with two big money signings of Argentinians playing in Europe.

Finances - despite the spending, we still made a great profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - another phenomenal season.

Héctor Batista - one of my two big money signings.

Néstor Acosta - the other big signing, he's currently moaning about playing MR instead of AMR.

César Medina - an excellent third choice striker.

Juan Giannaccini - the wonderkid.

Career Overview:

2032/33    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       
2033/34    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Sudamericana winners
Next Season:

The aim for next season is the Libertadores, but I might need to strengthen the squad in order to compete with the Brazilians.

6 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Awesomeness :thup:

Is the Libertadores played over the course of two league seasons?

It is when you are in Argentina, which is a bit weird to deal with. The break between the group stage and the knockout rounds is when we have the break before the new season starts.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2034/35

We had a great season last year, but we were still chasing the elusive Copa Libertadores.

League Table - this was a decent improvement on last season, but it was a shame to see River slip even further down.

Supercopa Argentina - this was fun as our ten men carried on the scoring.

Recopa Sudamericana - this felt huge as we smashed our Brazilian opposition.

Copa Argentina - we retained the cup with a series of routine wins.

Copa Libertadores - international call-ups left me with just three players for our second leg, which we lost badly. To make things worse, River went on to lift the cup.

Squad - there's still a bit of room for improvement, but this squad is brilliant.

Transfers - we made a profit as I brought in two of my old Argentinos players.

Finances - another great profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - another amazing season for the World-class striker.

César Medina - he's made a decent case to start ahead of my big money signing Batista.

Juan Giannaccini - our most valuable player.

Marcos Ojeda - signed from my old club, he's a great defender.

Javier Rodríguez - a new youth product, he scored 5 goals in his two cup games!

Career Overview:

2033/34    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Sudamericana winners
2034/35    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina winners
Next Season:

I've managed to arrange a huge new signing that could take us to the next level, we just need to make sure that we don't suffer the same misfortune in the Copa Libertadores.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2035/36

Last season our Libertadores campaign was derailed by international call-ups, I was hoping that wouldn't be an issue this season.

League Table - a lot of our losses came due to international call-ups, but we still managed to cruise to the title.

Supercopa Argentina - a good win to kick off our season.

Copa Argentina - this wasn't a priority but the squad players made the final thanks to penalties. The final was a thriller as we came back to win from 3-1 down.

Copa Libertadores - everything was going perfectly until it happened again. This time the international call-ups hit the second leg of the final, but we were able to hang on thanks to our first leg lead to win the competition.

FIFA Club World Cup - I was really excited about playing in this, but we blew our chance to meet Real Madrid by losing in the semi final. Monterrey made the most of it, beating Madrid 4-3.

Squad - it is becoming almost impossible to improve this squad.

Transfers - a slight loss, but the two signings were superb.

Finances - a big loss for once, which is probably a result of our rising wage bill.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - a new goalscoring record.

Tiago - one of the new signings, he made a big impact in midfield.

Gustavo Gómez - the £20m signing, worth every penny.

Juan Giannaccini - brilliant, but probably not worth £109m!

Héctor Batista - still doing a great job as the supporting striker.

Career Overview:

2034/35    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina winners
2035/36    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Libertadores winners
Next Season:

Much like this season, the Libertadores will be the priority. I'd love another chance to play in the Club World Cup.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2036/37

We finally managed to win the Copa Libertadores, but our biggest challenge seems to be how to deal with international call-ups.

League Table - it wasn't our records points total, but we were scoring goals for fun.

Supercopa Argentina - we had a huge win, with one of our old players grabbing the consolation goal.

Recopa Sudamericana - this was over after the first leg.

Copa Argentina - we suffered a shock defeat to Velez.

Copa Libertadores - international call-ups ruined the final, but our leftovers did the job over Vasco's.

FIFA Club World Cup - we got our revenge over Monterrey, but cam up short against Real Madrid.

Squad - this squad is superb now, it's getting hard to improve it.

Transfers - I sold my old goalie in favour of a younger one and picked up an improvement on one of my best players.

Finances - another big loss, but hopefully I can sort that out by holding back on the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - not quite the total of last season, but still an immense season.

César Medina - easily our second best striker now.

Gastón Ortega - he's knocked my highest earner out of the team.

Gustavo Gómez - one of three World-class players at the club.

Jamarcos - the new young goalie.

Career Overview:

2035/36    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Argentina and Copa Libertadores winners
2036/37    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
Next Season:

We are still losing far too many matches due to international call-ups, so I'm going to start building up a squad of youth products to play in the reserve team.

If you don't mind, could I request a screenshot of the biggest teams in the world by reputation and club worth? I had a save a couple of years ago with only the South American leagues loaded, and a few of the bigger clubs ended up very rich and very high in reputation. I think at one point Sao Paulo were rated 5th in reputation.

4 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

If you don't mind, could I request a screenshot of the biggest teams in the world by reputation and club worth? I had a save a couple of years ago with only the South American leagues loaded, and a few of the bigger clubs ended up very rich and very high in reputation. I think at one point Sao Paulo were rated 5th in reputation.

I seem to remember something similar happening in an other save, with South American clubs dominating the lists.

It doesn't seem to be the case here though:

Finances (we are 73rd)

53 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Thanks for that! What are your plans for now? Move to Brazil and create a dynasty? Or continue the legacy you have at Boca?

A bit of both really, I still my long term future in Brazil but I'm keen to stay at Boca in the hope of making them the biggest club in South America.

I actually attended an interview at Flamengo, but opted to take a pay rise to stay at Boca.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2037/38

The club has started to dominate in Argentina and South America, but could we win on the World stage?

League Table - a record points total for us.

Supercopa Argentina - a big win over my old club.

Recopa Sudamericana - we won this convincingly, despite missing a few players.

Copa Argentina - we suffered a shock defeat in the semi final and then lost out in our first match of the next season.

Copa Libertadores - we had all our players available, which made a huge difference as we got some big wins on our way to the title.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was heartache again as we let a lead slip against Barcelona.

Squad - it's hard to improve this squad, but we have a few players approaching 30.

Transfers - I made just one signing, improving my backup winger.

Finances - another big loss, our wage expenditure is getting a bit too big for the club now.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - this was right up there with his best seasons for the club.

César Medina - he continues to prove his worth, despite competition for his place.

Juan Giannaccini - our most valuable player, and he's happy to stay for now.

Gastón Ortega - a superb winger signed from my old club.

Stijn de Boer - possibly the most exciting player to come through our youth system in recent years.

Career Overview:

2036/37    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
2037/38    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
Next Season:

Winning the Club World Cup is my ultimate aim, maybe I'll consider moving on if I achieve that.

6 hours ago, wesleymcuk said:

how did you manage to get a dutch youth player in south america?

do you have a dutch affiliate club or a dutch person as Head of youth development 

I've no idea really, I can't see any links at the club to the Netherlands at all.

He is Argentinian by second nationality though, but born in the Netherlands.

Boca Juniors - Primera División - 2038/39

The season isn't quite over, but my time at Boca has come to an end.

League Table - so close to a perfect record, just a shame I can't claim this title.

Supercopa Argentina - a big win to start off the season.

Recopa Sudamericana - international call-ups ruined our chances in this.

Copa Libertadores - our away form nearly let us down, but we won the final in bizarre fashion.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was the one I was hoping for.

Squad - still a bit of room for improvement, but this squad is fantastic.

Transfers - I swapped out Rafael as he got sent off far too often.

Finances - a decent profit, thanks to the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Eugenio Diellos - he's past his peak, but still banging in the goals.

César Medina - he was the hero in the Club World Cup final.

Juan Giannaccini - the injury has ended any speculation of him leaving.

Alfredo Castro - one of  seven 'World-class' players.

Lauro Goldim - the new signing.

Career Overview:

2037/38    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                1st       Copa Libertadores winners and CWC finalists
2038/39    Boca Juniors           Argentina  Primera División                n/a       Copa Libertadores and CWC winners, left in December
Next Season:

My time at Boca has ended as I got the chance to move somewhere I had always wanted to go. The timing of the offer came just about at the perfect time as I was able to delay the contract iuntil just after the Club World Cup final.

I'm leaving Boca in a great place, ranked number one in South America.

On 27/02/2017 at 18:21, dafuge said:

My time at Boca has ended as I got the chance to move somewhere I had always wanted to go.

Brazil surely? Perhaps some particular big club you always fancied? I'm gonna bet it's Santos.

Well done to finally grab the Club World Cup. That Boca side you built is mental. I love that Diellos is "past his peak" but has 30 goals and 11 assists in 24 appearances. :D

vbEh5YA.png

After many successful years at Boca I had the chance to move to a great club in the country I was most looking forward to managing in, Brazil. As a youth I had a Flamengo shirt in honour of my favourite player at the time, Romário.

Club - playing in the Maracanã was very appealing.

Facilities - the facilities are already great, so maybe the aim will be to move to a new stadium one day.

Finances - we are rich!

Squad - with 83 players on the books, I'll be trimming the squad significantly.

League Table - four years ago we won the title, things have been a bit shaky since then.

I'm hoping that this will be a long term job, this is the club that I would like to take to even greater heights than Boca.

25 minutes ago, argento said:

Good luck in Brazil, on my save Flamengo have had a conveyor belt of talent coming through their intakes so with any luck you'll have the next Romario come through soon enough!

I would love it if that happened :thup:

Archived