dafuge's South American tour

dafuge

south-american-flag-map_502914f0c1ea2_w587.png

After my tour of Europe with FM16 it was time for something a bit different, an escape to South America.

0z6Q7zN.png

I've loaded all of the South American leagues, with a few extra players from each of the other continents to increase the database size.

I've not really got any specific aims, but I would like to manage in each country at least once, possibly spending a bit more time in Brazil.

Here's me:

MuWPv8u.png

Here's my managerial style:

tcC8b29.png

I'm starting unemployed, so I'm hoping I can find a job in one of the smaller divisions to start my career.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choice!

Especially now Libertadores and Sudamericana also have a more European-like format, lasting the whole year and without having teams playing both comps (apart from 10 teams that are relegated from Libertadores to Sudamericana).

3 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Good choice!

Especially now Libertadores and Sudamericana also have a more European-like format, lasting the whole year and without having teams playing both comps (apart from 10 teams that are relegated from Libertadores to Sudamericana).

I have a feeling I will have a lot to learn during this save!

EAyku5Z.png

Here's my first club. Based in Montevideo, we have a decently sized stadium but it is pretty dated.

MBxwEmN.png

There's no debt, which can only be a good thing.

VmPJpio.png

I have a small squad, but that's about all I know right now.

qJ8B2G1.png

We seem to have benefitted from a promotion due to the league expanding from 13 to 15 teams.

Huracán - Campeonato Uruguayo de Segunda División - 2017

I started off unemployed and this was the first job offer that really interested me. The club were predicted to struggle, but they had massive potential with their huge stadium.

League Table - we had a terrible start to the season with just two wins in our first ten games but we hit form when we needed to, narrowly missing out on automatic promotion.

Playoff semi final first leg - we failed to take our chances, leaving us a tough job away from home.
Playoff semi final second leg - we ran riot, far happier as the team able to counter attack.
Playoff final first leg - we were really poor, it's going to take a lot to overturn this one.
Playoff final second leg - once again, they were the better team.

Squad - one thing I didn't appreciate was that I could survive with a much smaller squad, I need to cut this down for next season.

Transfers - it was all about the free transfers, although I was lucky to receive a fee for our fourth choice striker.

Finances -  the graph tells the story, I went over my wage budget and paid for it.

Key Player Profiles:

Diego Luz - our top scorer, despite playing in the supporting striker role.

Michel Miranda - one of my top signings, but he didn't quite grab the goals I was expecting.

Fabricio Scaglia - I didn't rate him at first, but he proved to be one of our most effective players.

Pablo Porcile - our most valuable player. I was delighted to sign such a quality player, I wasn't as pleased when he tore a hamstring and missed three months. I was even unhappier when he suffered a damaged Achilles tendon in the playoffs, putting him out for 6 months.

Héctor Pavoni - a youth product who could have a bright future at the club.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                 Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       Huracán              Uruguay    Segunda División                3rd       Playoff finalists
Next Season:

With our form in the second half of the season, we can only really aim for automatic promotion. I'm not sure we even need to strengthen the squad, we should be good enough to do it as we are.

We had an election, but the new chairman changed nothing apart from a loan to cover the debts.

I know you play fast and this is going to be a long adventure.. but showing us the city on a map, adding a picture of the city and explaining the rules of the championship really quick would make this story even better :)

14 minutes ago, Toffle said:

I know you play fast and this is going to be a long adventure.. but showing us the city on a map, adding a picture of the city and explaining the rules of the championship really quick would make this story even better :)

That's a decent idea actually. I'll try and throw in a picture of the ground and a map each time I move clubs.

Here's our stadium:

94067479.jpg

And here's where it is based:

QddNzjV.png

When I get to an interesting competition I'll no doubt mention it. The Segunda División is pretty straight forward, just 15 teams in an ordinary league. The only odd twist is that the one relegation spot is decided over an accumulation of points over two years, I'm hoping I won't need to figure that one out!

Huracán - Campeonato Uruguayo de Segunda División - 2018

Last season we suffered the heartbreak of a playoff final defeat, this season we were looking for automatic promotion.

League Table - we won it easily, never really being challenged by anyone for the title.

Squad - the squad is far stronger this season, backed up by some promising youth products.

Transfers - I signed three Argentinians, all three were superb.

Finances -  the board bailed us out by injecting £170k, putting us in a great position.

Key Player Profiles:

Michel Miranda - this time he was our top scorer.

Diego Luz - another good season as the supporting striker.

Enrique Sánchez - I had to avoid interest from Penarol for this left back.

Ezequiel Barabás  - the new signing became our most valuable player.

Leandro Páez - the third Argentinian signing.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                 Country    League                          Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017       Huracán              Uruguay    Segunda División                3rd       Playoff finalists
2018       Huracán              Uruguay    Segunda División                1st       Promoted
Next Season:

This club has the potential to do well in the top flight, but after having my name associated with the Nacional job I've got other ideas.

6 hours ago, dafuge said:

That's a decent idea actually. I'll try and throw in a picture of the ground and a map each time I move clubs.

When I get to an interesting competition I'll no doubt mention it. The Segunda División is pretty straight forward, just 15 teams in an ordinary league. The only odd twist is that the one relegation spot is decided over an accumulation of points over two years, I'm hoping I won't need to figure that one out!

:thup:

dafuge in South America?

That takes me back to the Pernambuco State Championship n Brazil. (The Cup that starts off as a league, changes into a cup, reverts to 2 more league rounds and then finishes off with 2 Cup rounds, or something ridiculous like that). :lol:

Pavoni looks good, but I notice that young centre-half Rodriguez is the only 5.0 PA player and he already has 2 goals from not many appearances, I take it you are running riot at corners? 

4 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

A good couple of seasons so far Dafuge :) I'm envious that you're being linked with the Nacional job already, I've been overlooked twice for the Penarol job and once for the Nacional job. Good luck next season in the top tier (If you end up staying in Uruguay)

I'm not sure you'll like my next post then :D

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

:thup:

dafuge in South America?

That takes me back to the Pernambuco State Championship n Brazil. (The Cup that starts off as a league, changes into a cup, reverts to 2 more league rounds and then finishes off with 2 Cup rounds, or something ridiculous like that). :lol:

Pavoni looks good, but I notice that young centre-half Rodriguez is the only 5.0 PA player and he already has 2 goals from not many appearances, I take it you are running riot at corners? 

chqGy5c.png

We scored a few but nothing out of the ordinary.

How on earth have you made it to Peñarol already?! :D

Tbh whilst you've done well to grab promotion with the previous side, this move sounds almost buggy. I thought they had made it harder in FM17 to progress with your manager reputation, Miles said so in the features video...

13 minutes ago, noikeee said:

How on earth have you made it to Peñarol already?! :D

Tbh whilst you've done well to grab promotion with the previous side, this move sounds almost buggy. I thought they had made it harder in FM17 to progress with your manager reputation, Miles said so in the features video...

mJRJyHT.png

It could be a short stay if this is anything to go by :D

6 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That is an amazing stadium. 

Fenix must have been some sort of skulduggery I would have though. (Very weird)

gA3chg3.png

Average points over two seasons decides relegation apparently. I'm still not sure how that works with Fénix though.

2 minutes ago, dafuge said:

gA3chg3.png

Average points over two seasons decides relegation apparently. I'm still not sure how that works with Fénix though.

Oh I get it. So the bottom 2 on that list can't be relegated because they have only participated in 1 season, and Fenix are bottom of the 3 above them, (so not only were they relegated, but they were relegated bottom!)

5 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Oh I get it. So the bottom 2 on that list can't be relegated because they have only participated in 1 season, and Fenix are bottom of the 3 above them, (so not only were they relegated, but they were relegated bottom!)

That's what I thought, but both of those bottom clubs were relegated :D

Rampla Juniors somehow stayed up after winning a playoff

912Z29m.png

5 hours ago, dafuge said:

gA3chg3.png

It's a bug but just a cosmetic one as the correct teams are relegated.

@Olly Kenney posted this elsewhere:

It is just a cosmetic issue with the incorrect positions in the table being shaded. At the end of the season the correct teams will be relegated.

12 hours ago, dj clark boy said:

nice work bud, just quick question how do you do the screen shots with si change lay out of pages just i prefer the same way as how you show us your progress 

The linked images are pretty much the same as before, the embedded images can be added by copy and pasting from the image on a hosting site.

Peñarol - Campeonato Uruguayo - 2019

Following my title win with Huracán, I got the opportunity to manage one of the giants of Uruguayan football.

Opening Stage - despite a decent start, we suffered a bad slump in form.

Intermedio - I made the embarrassing error in not realising that this counted toward the overall table. I rotated the squad due to the fixtures piling up and paid the price. I nearly lost my job on two occasions following this stage.

Closing Stage - things finally clicked, finishing the season with nine consecutive wins.

Overall Table - we were never going to win the title, but things look good for next season.

Copa Sudamericana - a tough draw ended our hopes early on.

Squad - there were a number of excellent prospects at the club when I joined, I'm hoping they will make the first team.

Transfers - a number of these transfers were already arranged, which left me with a load of unhappy players for half the season.

Finances -  the finances are great, although I may have spent it all on new facilities.

Key Player Profiles:

Diego Rossi - top scorer, although we had a player on 13 from 13 who had already agreed to leave.

Facundo Castro - easily my best signing, our most valuable player.

Gastón Rodríguez - started as a striker but had to cover the left wing.

Lucas Taylor - my only foreign signing.

Gastón Guruceaga - he wanted to leave for ages, but I finally managed to persuade him to stay.

Career Overview:

2018       Huracán              Uruguay    Segunda División                1st       Promoted
2019       Peñarol              Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo             2nd       
Next Season:

This club has massive potential, but catching Danubio is going to be hard work.

We now seem to be in a playoff match against Danubio.

I'm guessing Danubio are there as winners of the Intermedio and we are there as 2nd place in the league because Danubio won that as well.

Does anyone know what is at stake? Is it a place in the Copa Libertadores?

On 10/25/2016 at 09:03, dafuge said:

The linked images are pretty much the same as before, the embedded images can be added by copy and pasting from the image on a hosting site.

so like the url at the front and at the back ?

On 10/22/2016 at 09:13, dafuge said:

The last time I managed here was FM09 in Brazil, it's been a while!

I'm sure I remember you playing in South America more recently than that. *Goes to check*

Ah - you spent three seasons at Botafogo in your FM11 journeyman save, resigning after the chairman sold all your best players :D

Archived