FMS 2016 Awards: Live from Sam Allardyce's Bank Vault

mark wilson27

It's now the final Story Award before a quick break.

This time its for English Story of the Year:

The nominee's are as follows:

House of Flying Daggers CFuller

Welcome to Romford CFuller

The Next Generation CFuller

The Journeyman Chronicles chesterfan2

Devon Dreams displaced_seagull

[SHORT] The Cup Final jdoyle9293

Football is a Business jdoyle9293

Stopping the decline (A Man.Utd Tale) mark wilson27

Mission Impossible mark wilson27

Fifteen to One MKII – Who will beat Celtic_1967 mark wilson27

Its Time for the Rejects to Come Forward mark wilson27

This is England FM15 (An International Story) mark wilson27

Don't Go Back........ - Mission: Lower League Legend neilhoskins77

Success or Failure [SHORT] Panpardus

[FM15] Raising Cain tenthreeleader

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

officially, edtheguy has left the building suddenly.  sorry to see him leave.  Obviously, the quality of the barkeeping, the host, and the cramped quarters were too much.

as far as American horses go...I will butcher any name I wish...i'm important, I'm smart, and I don't see how FIFA can teach me anything about corruption...

Hall of Fame:

As you know we have the Hall of Fame for Writers and Stories. To enter a Writer or Story must have at least 66% of the voters nominating them.

This year though we only had one member coming close with Terk grabbing 45% of the votes

Story wise we still don't have a Story in the Hall of Fame with the closest being Sharpening a Rusty Blade by Amaroq

Thanks to all that voted in this section.

Poor old edtheguy. The JD Salinger and Hunter S Thompson of the FMS community. He will be sorely missed. :(

As for our own F Scott Fitzgerald, though, congratulations to tenthreeleader on another fantastic, if not surprising win.

What? No inductions into the Hall of Fame? Is the criteria too strict? Surely you could've shoehorned in someone like Sun Jihai?

Ok then we'll carry on for the last three awards.

Next up is for The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award (Formerly FMS'er of the Year)

This award goes to the member who you think does the most for the forums.

Before the last two awards are handed out, I would like to make an announcement.

'The Next Generation' may not have won any awards tonight (even though Marcus Rashford ended up at Mansfield :D), but I'm delighted to exclusively reveal that I am planning a similar story for FM17. This time, I'll be following the careers of up to 20 newgens... and I'll be looking to get you fine gentlemen involved in some capacity.

More details to be revealed later in the year. Think of this as being a 30-second teaser ahead of FM17. :brock:

Miles Fullerson out.

Bambini: And I would like to proudly announce that FIFA have successfully eradicated all racism and homophobia, thanks to an incredibly generous financial contribution from our new General Secretary - Donald John Trump.

Unfortunately, our former General Secretary, Fatma Samoura, had to leave her post because she lacks a Y chromosome and does not conform to our new Aesthetics Guidelines.

Seriously, as a fellow writer on this forum and not some outlandish fantasy character I create for the awards ceremony...without your efforts in the past year, there would be no central location for the completed stories, no one moving unrelated threads off our forum to FMS Career Threads, and no one, and I mean no one, who would be willing to step in at the last minute to run this awards ceremony today after you did all the thankless legwork leading up to it.

Honestly, you have kept this forum open for business because of your efforts.  Thank you!

Now its time for the penultimate award as we reveal who has won The Story of the Year.

To win this award puts you up with the best of the best around these parts.

The nominees are as follows:

[FM15] Raising Cain tenthreeleader

Welcome to Romford CFuller

Jeux Sans Frontieres  CFuller

Peter Banalik – Metamorphosis edtheguy

Pontin's, Kwik Save... and Bastion Gardens EvilDave

Where's Williams? Life after Prestatyn EvilDave

18 minutes ago, copperhorse21 said:

officially, edtheguy has left the building suddenly.  sorry to see him leave.  Obviously, the quality of the barkeeping, the host, and the cramped quarters were too much.

as far as American horses go...I will butcher any name I wish...i'm important, I'm smart, and I don't see how FIFA can teach me anything about corruption...

*An unkempt bellhop enters the room and reads from a crumpled note* “An edtheguy has called to announce with regrets he will be unable to attend due to an argument with his onboard GPS over the definition of ‘you have reached your destination’ he goes on to say that were he able to attend he would be stunned, honored and a little worried about his ability to follow winning such a prestigious award.”  *belhop looks up from crumpled paper*  “He also says any rumors you might have heard about him not being able to handle his liquor are patently false. Thank you”

1 minute ago, copperhorse21 said:

Seriously, as a fellow writer on this forum and not some outlandish fantasy character I create for the awards ceremony...without your efforts in the past year, there would be no central location for the completed stories, no one moving unrelated threads off our forum to FMS Career Threads, and no one, and I mean no one, who would be willing to step in at the last minute to run this awards ceremony today after you did all the thankless legwork leading up to it.

Honestly, you have kept this forum open for business because of your efforts.  Thank you!

Copper I again appreciate all your words. This forum is my way of relaxing whilst the kids are at school/nursery. Again thankyou all

2 minutes ago, WLKRAS said:

In all seriousness though, well done Mark. You're part of the reason we have an FMS community

Cheers WLKRAS, Like I've said its a great honour for you lot to vote for me again. I feel really humbled

Bambini: And that's the biggest shock I've seen since Algeria knocked out England in the World Championship! Wait a minute. That's not a surprise, and neither is this!

Julia, you're fired.

So honoured to have two stories nominated for that top award, but really, there was no way I was going to top 10-3. Congratulations on yet another award, dear Sir. I imagine you'll be needing to invest in a new cupboard soon...

gotta run...I hear the Missus has arrived and she's got dead chickens with her to boot!  yep, chicken wings are here...it's been a great awards ceremony, especially since it was impromptu.

I've had a great time.  Thank you CFuller for your humor.  If I need to become an ex-patriot following this election cycle in November, I hope I can count on you to let me and my Missus to flop in your garage...

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

tenthreeleader all I can say is that you a true legend in your right. Your stories are the benchmark within this forum and I mean that as no disrespect to any other writer

Hear hear

Just now, copperhorse21 said:

gotta run...I hear the Missus has arrived and she's got dead chickens with her to boot!  yep, chicken wings are here...it's been a great awards ceremony, especially since it was impromptu.

I've had a great time.  Thank you CFuller for your humor.  If I need to become an ex-patriot following this election cycle in November, I hope I can count on you to let me and my Missus to flop in your garage...

Cant beat Chicken wings....apologise to your missus again for taking you away from her...

Just now, copperhorse21 said:

Erm, that's awkward, because I don't have a garage. I can't even drive, for that matter. That's why Fabio Saraiva calls me Sammy Hagar.

That, and also because I really, really hate Eddie Van Halen.

Anyway the final award of the night is here and is the biggy.

If you win this award you can count yourself as one of the greats. This is the highest honour that you can get apart from an induction into the Hall of Fame.

Everyone can be nominated for the Writer of the Year so lets see who has been bestowed this great honour

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

tenthreeleader, EvilDave, CFuller

Thank you and well done for the other two for pushing 10-3 all the way. No disgrace is being edged out by such a fine margin

Right with that I'm going to sort out the updated awards tables. I will also be sorting out the winners archive which seemed to have all but been deleted after the migration

Thankyou everyone for bearing with me and I know I wasn't close to the humour of tenthreeleader.

Again congratulations to everyone who won, all well deserved

With every Award Ceremony we have the three main Awards, which are CM/FMS'er of the Year, Writer of the Year and Story of the Year. We also have every so often someone earning their place in the FMS Hall of Fame. So here is the current list from 2004 to date

Please note since the forum migration I cant seem to able to put links in the table so you'll have to have a look at the links in the thread

| Year | The Terk/Raptor/Wilson  | Writer of Year | Story of Year                                              | Hall of Fame   |

|      |     Builder’s Award     |                |                                                            |                |               
|------|-------------------------|----------------|------------------------------------------------------------|----------------|  

| 2004 | Simon F                 | BobBev         | Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)                         | N/A            | 
|------|-------------------------|----------------|------------------------------------------------------------|----------------|

| 2005 | Terk                    | Faramir        | Leaving the past behind (FM edition) (Flipsix3)            | N/A            | 

| 2006 | Peacemaker7             | Peacemaker7    | To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker7)        | N/A            | 

| 2007 | Terk                    | Amaroq         | Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)                          | N/A            |

| 2008 | Terk                    | tenthreeleader | American Calcio Padova FM 2008 (tenthreeleader)            | N/A            | 

| 2009 | tenthreeleader          | tenthreeleader | Rob Ridgway’s “Rat Pack” (tenthreeleader)                  | Raptor         | 

| 2010 | Terk                    | copperhorse21  | Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21) | flipsix3       | 

|      |                         | gavrenwick     | Tina's Super Saints of Paisley (gavrenwick)                |                | 

| 2011 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | A Tale of Two Brothers (offspring08)                       | tenthreeleader |

|      | tenthreeleader          |                | Luton Town: Staring Into The Abyss (ScottLeeSV)            |                | 

| 2012 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ace of Spades (tenthreeleader)                         | N/A            |

|      |                         | tenthreeleader |                                                            |                | 

| 2013 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                        | N/A            | 

| 2014 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                        | N/A            | 

| 2015 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Malone Again, Naturally (tenthreeleader)            | N/A            | 
| 2016 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)                       | N/A            | 

Two awards for Jeux Sans Frontières, and 3rd place for me in Writer of the Year, behind only the two best storytellers on the forum (Mark's not far off, though). That'll do very nicely, thank you.

It's been a wonderful night, even though I got chucked out of the vault once and had to legally change my username to JFHasselbaink to be allowed back in.

I'm off now to watch Trump take over the world. If democracy prevails, though, I'll see you again this time next year!

Bambini: After the recent votes by the FMS awards committee, I have determined that my role as FIFA President is untenable. Akin to the samurai custom of hara-kiri in ancient Japan, I shall fall on my own sword, and tender my resignation from the post with immediate effect. Gareth Southgate shall take over as interim FIFA President until a permanent successor is announced.

Goodbye, cruel world.

Congratulations to everyone who has won awards tonight. I'm delighted that quite a lot of the stories and writers I voted for came out on top. This little corner of these forums is certainly a great place to read some great writing. Well done to Mark as well, not only on his awards but for stepping in and running the night.

Awards Table:

| Awards Won | Username                        | Main | Misc | Geographical | Defunct | 
|------------|---------------------------------|------|------|--------------|---------|
|     29     | tenthreeleader                  |  15  |  10  |      4       |    0    |
|------------|---------------------------------|------|------|--------------|---------| 
|     24     | Peacemaker7                     |  14  |   1  |      7       |    2    |
|     15     | Raptor                          |   5  |   2  |      4       |    4    |   
|     14     | Terk                            |   8  |   3  |      2       |    1    |     
|     13     | mark wilson27                   |   6  |   5  |      2       |    0    |       
|     11     | BobBev                          |   4  |   6  |      1       |    0    |       
|     10     | Spav                            |   4  |   3  |      3       |    0    |       
|     10     | flipsix                         |   2  |   1  |      7       |    0    |     
|     10     | gavrenwick                      |   5  |   3  |      2       |    0    |      
|      9     | Faramir                         |   1  |   2  |      6       |    0    |    
|      8     | copperhorse21                   |   4  |   3  |      1       |    0    |      
|      5     | Amaroq                          |   3  |   1  |      1       |    0    |      
|      5     | chesterfan2                     |   2  |   2  |      1       |    0    |      
|      5     | Dixie Flatline                  |   0  |   3  |      2       |    0    |     
|      4     | CFuller                         |   0  |   3  |      1       |    0    |      
|      4     | Flann O'Brien                   |   2  |   0  |      1       |    1    |      
|      4     | Andrew Downing                  |   1  |   2  |      1       |    0    |      
|      4     | King Jeff                       |   1  |   2  |      1       |    0    |    
|      4     | displaced_seagull               |   1  |   0  |      3       |    0    |     
|      4     | HD                              |   1  |   2  |      0       |    1    |    
|      4     | Dalbeider                       |   0  |   2  |      2       |    0    |     
|      4     | spurzgrrl                       |   0  |   1  |      2       |    1    |      
|      4     | Elrithral                       |   0  |   2  |      2       |    0    | 
|      3     | EvilDave                        |   0  |   3  |      0       |    0    |      
|      3     | SCIAG                           |   2  |   0  |      1       |    0    |  
|      3     | nickgreenan                     |   1  |   0  |      0       |    2    |   
|      3     | Educated Hick                   |   0  |   1  |      2       |    0    |     
|      3     | benny                           |   0  |   1  |      1       |    1    |       
|      3     | Ell_G                           |   0  |   1  |      1       |    1    |       
|      2     | Brian of Nazareth               |   1  |   1  |      0       |    0    |     
|      2     | binny                           |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      2     | Donners                         |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      2     | maollelujah                     |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      2     | OMDave                          |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |       
|      2     | mikezone13                      |   1  |   0  |      0       |    1    |      
|      2     | Chonner                         |   1  |   1  |      0       |    0    |      
|      2     | mametz1536                      |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      2     | ScottleeSV                      |   1  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      2     | Brian W                         |   0  |   1  |      1       |    0    |      
|      2     | Gino                            |   0  |   1  |      1       |    0    |    
|      2     | ghostwriter                     |   0  |   0  |      2       |    0    |     
|      2     | Harry Kure with the corner kick |   0  |   0  |      2       |    0    |    
|      2     | Charnley                        |   0  |   0  |      1       |    1    |     
|      2     | silver_blue                     |   0  |   0  |      0       |    2    |      
|      2     | Lionel Perez                    |   0  |   1  |      1       |    0    | 
|      2     | Wimb the Barman                 |   0  |   1  |      1       |    0    |  
|      2     | -Xenon-                         |   0  |   0  |      2       |    0    |   
|      2     | Makonnen                        |   0  |   1  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | Celtic_1967                     |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |       
|      1     | STFCDP_1990                     |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |       
|      1     | LukeMorgan88                    |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |     
|      1     | Richey                          |   1  |   0  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | Sebs                            |   1  |   0  |      0       |    0    |     
|      1     | Steve 'Wall                     |   1  |   0  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | Bari for the Scudetto           |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |       
|      1     | Offspring08                     |   1  |   0  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | gandycoleuk                     |   1  |   0  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | Bozz                            |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |     
|      1     | Dittohead                       |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | Jack O'Sullivan                 |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | Soldout                         |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |    
|      1     | Tricky Winger                   |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |     
|      1     | JimT                            |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |    
|      1     | 13litZ                          |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | Attjen                          |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Bad Dog                         |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    | 
|      1     | boo radley2                     |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |  
|      1     | Dark_Soccer                     |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |   
|      1     | Euan                            |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | glamdring                       |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |       
|      1     | Harleqin                        |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |       
|      1     | Jambo_4eva                      |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | Juni                            |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Kazema                          |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | McRob                           |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | nerf                            |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |       
|      1     | Orang_Utan Stan                 |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | SirFozzie                       |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Texan                           |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | The RingMaster                  |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Abe Lenstra                     |   0  |   0  |      0       |    1    |      
|      1     | bartley_m                       |   0  |   0  |      0       |    1    |    
|      1     | Reddiablo                       |   0  |   0  |      0       |    1    |     
|      1     | Silverfox                       |   0  |   0  |      0       |    1    |    
|      1     | irishregan                      |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |     
|      1     | Marmoset Junior                 |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Gricehead                       |   0  |   0  |      1       |    0    |      
|      1     | Panpardus                       |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |      
|      1     | edtheguy                        |   0  |   1  |      0       |    0    |      

Well done again to all the winners, and delighted to see some new faces laying down a marker. The future of FMS is bright even if 10-3 insists on taking all the big ones for himself ;)

Also, massive thanks to Mark, for both organising the voting process and ad-libbing the ceremony itself, top work as always sir and your work is never appreciated enough :applause:

Back from the feast of meat and potatoes.   I must say that writing on the FMS side of things has diminished due to the high interest in the career mode forum, but I'm still delighted to be a part of this group.  It's been a good home to try out my own writing and to read some brilliant stuff by many others.  Until next season, I'm leaving you with this link to show you my inspiration for taking up the 3 string shovel (in case my story writing falls by the wayside even more than it has already...)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-ltPsbw9g

Well well well...

Sorry to be (very) late to the party - disappointed not to have been there live but thanks @mark wilson27 for a great show. I'm not sure I could have got past Ivan Campo to get in anyway, so it's probably for the best.

Big congratulations to Mark, @tenthreeleader, @CFuller and @edtheguy on their awards, all richly deserved. The standard this year has been very high, and the quality of your stories has kept me coming back to the boards. To see the big prizes shared around as they were shows the level we're operating at these days, and the fact that most of them were close-run things tells me we've got a very strong core group of writers on the forums.

Thank you too, for everyone who has read, commented on or voted for any of my stories this time round. I'm thrilled with two awards in such a strong field, and perhaps even more delighted to be runner-up to 10-3 for Writer of the Year. To be in such esteemed company is nothing short of an honour.

Anyway, thanks all once again and on we go to next year - I'm keen to see how what ends up in the running next time round...

Sorry I forgot to do a run down of this years winners, so here it is

2016 Winners:

Writer of the Year:

tenthreeleader

Story of the Year:

[FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award:

mark wilson27

Newcomer of the year:

edtheguy

Funniest Writer of the Year:

mark wilson27

Most Missed FMS'er of the Year:

BobBev

Best Story Character of the Year:

Kyle Cain (Raising Cain / tenthreeleader)

Short Story:

Mission Impossible (mark wilson27)

English Story of the Year:

[FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)

Rest of the World Story of the Year:

Pontin's, Kwik Save... and Bastion Gardens (EvilDave)

Fantasy Story of the Year:

Jeux Sans Frontieres  (CFuller)

Its Time for the Rejects to Come Forward (mark wilson27)

Best Story Idea of the Year:

A Continent From The Couch – Euro 2020 In The Media (EvilDave)
Best International Management Story of the Year:

Jeux Sans Frontieres  (CFuller)

Archived