[FM16] More than Malé: a Youth-Only challenge in the Maldives

The_Gato_In_Goal

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DodgeeD said:

Congrats on the three-peat! :thup:

Looks like you have hit a mini glass ceiling - hopefully an ACL group stage appearance will give you the necessary funds to go pro.

I'm hoping we have enough to get it this offseason, but making it to the group stages actually gives you no money. It's something like 40k per win and 20k per draw in the matches, so not great :(

2027 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) - Mohamed Shahid (09b) - Hussain Ibrahim (10a)Adam Nasheed (06c) - Ahmed Ali (08b)

How was the season?

Well we turned pro. Unfortunately all my key players are mad that I told them they couldn't move to a bigger club (not like anyone is interested anyways), so I have to wait till they get over themselves to offer them full time deals. More good news is that the league ranking improved enough to give me a group stage ACL spot next year (I still have to do qualifying this upcoming year and win the league ofc ;)). 

Ahmed Ibrahim (09a) Watch

He's been playing regularly for the national team as well as Kuban in Russia. For his career and the success of the national, it was probably best he left us cause he is developing very well. He now has 17 finishing along with 18 pace and acceleration. So as you can tell, he's tearing up international games with a record of 2 goals per game.

o0VCakv.png?1

5TTHttb.png?1

National Team Update

So I took control of the team mid-WCQ second round. I lead them to a very impressive showing in which we beat Syria to top our group. This puts us in the last qualifying round where we have to finish top 3 in our group to move on. I assume China and South Korea will be number one and two, but if we can beat out Iraq for the 3rd spot, we might be able to sneak into the playoffs.

JP4Mgrl.png?1

7JqFwLi.png?1

1Dt7XW1.png?1

Note my first game in charge was against Kyrgyzstan.

And here's our final round groups.

TOVsd3E.png?1

2028 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) - Ahmed Zahir (08d) - Hussain Ibrahim (10a) 

How was the season?

We had a perfect record in the league and only lost 2 games in all competitions. The loss to Suwon (who won a 4th consecutive ACL btw) and one to the finalist of the ACC in the group stages. I aslo think this was the first time we swept all domestic cups in a season. The finals for both the FA Cup and the President's Cup fall a day after international matches, so naturally I have no team for them. Both finals I had 5 real players and 6 grayed out ones in my starting 11, yet I manged to win both of the finals. We are going to start next year in the ACL group stages, so we'll see if we can not get embarrassed and keep up our 52ish game win streak in the league going.

Just now, Jupjamie said:

Melbourne and Seoul in the same group? Ouch. 7 points is really impressive. Did you get two wins against Renhe, or did you actually beat one of the two Asian giants?

We actually tied and won against Renhe and sneaked a 1-0 win against Seoul. Then again, Seoul are not one of the more elite South Korean teams anymore, they have only won 2 K-Leagues in this save.

Our recent national team success (43rd in the world!!!!) has made me update you guys on our star player who now has 44 goals in 26 caps and is carrying our team at the moment.

uoWQ4IG.png?1

Looking at him now makes me wonder how extremely lucky we had to be to produce this guy. Limited youth recruitment and no facilities other than exceptional junior coaching and he appeared.

If you couldn't tell already, he's now a free agent. I'm guessing he declined a new deal from Kuban because judging how he's been playing for them, there's no reason they wouldn't resign him.

zkhP1EA.png?1

Bad news, he's not signed elsewhere yet. So I'm praying he doesn't retire because of that. Lack of fitness for national team is annoying as well.

Qjc0HAC.png?1

As you can see, there are a few clubs interested. We tried to offer him a deal, but apparently coming to us is "not a good career move." I don't agree though :lol:

Courageous Maldives!:) Looks like they're ready to head to the right side. I hope they will finally bag their first-ever Asian Cup title as the Asia's smallest nation in history! Who are others qualify for the Asian Cup?

For Red Line, good thing that they'll finally give some more training and friendly games on Suwon. Looking forward to continue the Red Line dominance in 2029.

2029 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) - Ahmed Ali (08b) - Hussain Ibrahim (10a) 

How was the season?

New Radiant have really been stepping their game up and actually challenged us for the title this year. Again we went back to losing both cup finals because we have no players available for them. We put a respectable showing into Asia and will be looking to make it out of the groups next year. Unfortunately, we getting players signed on youth contracts and then they refuse to sign professional deals because their ambition is greater than our club. We'll see where next year goes.

What a save you've had so far! I'm really impressed you got a Maldives player to actually join a big European league. Let's hope Ibrahim stays around there, and doesn't take some lofty deal in China to sabotage your Asian Cup run :D 

1 hour ago, dynaboyj said:

What a save you've had so far! I'm really impressed you got a Maldives player to actually join a big European league. Let's hope Ibrahim stays around there, and doesn't take some lofty deal in China to sabotage your Asian Cup run :D 

At this point, I'm hoping he takes any deal. Been  almost a year without a club, and he's starting to decline :(

2030 - Season Review

League Table | Schedule

Key Players

Haidhar Ahmed (08a) - Ahmed Ali (08b) - Nihal Mohamed (12a) 

How was the season?

Waltzed through the domestic league and cups again and even progressed to the knockout rounds of the ACL. We were unlucky not to make it further, so next year I'll be looking to see how we can progress. Suwon won their 6th straight ACL though (10/16 in this save so far), so I don't think we will win the cup anytime soon. training facility upgrades are pending and we keep getting good players. I think the focus for the next few years will also be on the national side. With a growing Ahmed Ibrahim (09a) now at Frieburg, we'll be looking to kick on, starting with the Asian Cup of Nations.

On a side note, the Colombia side we lost to in WCQ actually went on to win the World Cup. That's got to be the first time a team won the World Cup, but had to enter the playoff to get their berth. It also means that Colombia finished 5th out of 12 teams in South America, but was able to win the WC.

Archived