Hector Bellerin

So it's now May and I've played a good amount of FM16.....I'm noticing some strange coincidences. The Boy Hector Bellerin seems to be averaging over 8 in every NEW save I make in the PL, he's topping average ratings over some of the best players and it's actually frustrating how much of a coincidence this is.

Now before anyone twerps up and tells me it's my tactics blah blah. This is infact the AI. It's literally game breaking.... the over powering of fullbacks in this years version is beyond a joke and honestly needs to be looked at deeply. There was also a big oppurtunity for SI to fix this in the update but they ignored it.

Am I on my own with this or are others frustrated too?

I don't think full backs or wing backs are overpowered, but the ratings they get may be. Bellerin - and I'm Arsenal manager - gets high ratings every season, in competion with Ôzil or other world stars ... but so does my other full back, whether it's Gibbs or Alex Sandro. They're good players, and usually do a lot of great stuff on the pitch, but as I said, not as good as their constantly good ratings suggests. They often get very high ratings whenever the opposition fail to cover his flanks properly, and that is fine - but they also get good ratings if they're not able to contribute that much on the wings, and that is a bit more odd.

So ... are they too good on the pitch? No, I don't think so. Are their ratings too high? Maybe. Those two things are not the same.

There's a known bug with right backs getting awarded too many "key passes" for passes which aren't particularly creative or difficult. Couple that with attacking full backs actually being very effective in FM and Bellerin being one of the world's highest rated and most stats-efficient and it's not surprising you can get outstanding performances from him.

"Literally game breaking" is more than a little hyperbolic though. Bellerin's rating is somewhat higher than his actual impact on the game, which is in turn a little better than his real life impact, which actually has been impressive this season; how exactly does all this make it an unpleasant playing experience overall?

I've just finished my fifth season. For the first few years it was Bellerin topping the ratings charts, but for the past two seasons it's been Clyne. It's ridiculous.

The ratings have been broken for years anyway, just look at Messi getting 8s all the time regardless of how he plays.

Bellerin is ridiculous on my save, average rating of 8.30 over 9 seasons and has won world player of the year and been runner up in the golden ball. I had him on my shortlist for a while but had to remove him because I was getting bored of the constant messages about him getting man of the match awards. Just checked and he got more than 25 man of the match awards in 4 separate seasons and the rest of the seasons he was around 20 or so.

So it's now May and I've played a good amount of FM16.....I'm noticing some strange coincidences. The Boy Hector Bellerin seems to be averaging over 8 in every NEW save I make in the PL, he's topping average ratings over some of the best players and it's actually frustrating how much of a coincidence this is.

Now before anyone twerps up and tells me it's my tactics blah blah. This is infact the AI. It's literally game breaking.... the over powering of fullbacks in this years version is beyond a joke and honestly needs to be looked at deeply. There was also a big oppurtunity for SI to fix this in the update but they ignored it.

Am I on my own with this or are others frustrated too?

"Game breaking" is a phrase used far too easily. It's no where near "game breaking". Having a defeated brain is a lot more "game breaking"

current highest rated players in the premier league on my save

Clyne 8.19

Bellarin 8.16

Shaw 7.95

Hazard 7.89

Alex Sandro 7.74

Mario Fernandes 7.73

Paulo Zabaleta 7.71

and 20 player of the match awards in 29 games for Clyne

this is insane. rest are centre mids.

oh and Mignolet is also stupidly overpowered

How is it not game breaking? It's completely game breaking. Bellerin and Clyne have more key passes and take ons than Hazard, Silva, Mata, combined. So ridiculous.

Do SI Employees even know what's going on? Or listen to feedback off fans? I only did a quick search and found hundreds of people complaining about the same thing!!

current highest rated players in the premier league on my save

Clyne 8.19

Bellarin 8.16

Shaw 7.95

Hazard 7.89

Alex Sandro 7.74

Mario Fernandes 7.73

Paulo Zabaleta 7.71

and 20 player of the match awards in 29 games for Clyne

this is insane. rest are centre mids.

oh and Mignolet is also stupidly overpowered

In my last save game Mignolet was dreadful!

Liverpool sold him after two seasons, during that time he averaged over 2 mistakes a game and in about 80 apperances had roughly 100 goals conceded and only about 15 clean sheets.

How is it not game breaking? It's completely game breaking. Bellerin and Clyne have more key passes and take ons than Hazard, Silva, Mata, combined. So ridiculous.

Do SI Employees even know what's going on? Or listen to feedback off fans? I only did a quick search and found hundreds of people complaining about the same thing!!

Does the fact that a full back is viewed as having made a key pass when in reality it was nothing more than a simple pass stop you from being able to play the game? No it doesn't.

Does the fact that fullbacks tend to get a higher average rating than you would expect stop you from being able to play the game? No it doesn't.

Does the fact that a fullback can get a high rating from a game without having done much during it stop you from being able to play the game? No it doesn't.

A "game breaking" bug would be one that would literally render the game unplayable, a bug that would have such a big negative impact on the gameplay that it is impossible for you to continue playing the game.

Fullback ratings being a bit too generous and some of the criteria by which they are judged not being as strict as they are for other positions does not render the game unplayable. It is a little bit annoying but at the end of the day it in no way stops you from playing the game. It has very little impact within the game, the only thing that it may cause that is out of the ordinary is that some awards may go to fullbacks that in real life would be awarded to more attacking players.

As for your final little dig at SI, of course they will be aware that this is an issue however do you really think that something like this happens in isolation? Do you really think that they can just change a couple of things and have it fixed in minutes? I would put money on the rating system for fullbacks being tied into the rating system for every other position, tied into the criteria by which a players performance is judged, and so it won't be possible to change one little thing without needing a lot of work to ensure that everything else remains in balance, and quite frankly when they were still patching this game there were much more important bugs for them to be focussing on.

Archived