Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, i am busy making the Ultimate Legends game at the moment and am not monitoring this as much so if you need me, just send me a pm and i will respond. :thup:

Thanks for your help. I will read all your answers tomorrow and try them in game! :thup:

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all my questions. I will try to follow your advise ingame and see how it works out.

I have posted the team talks guide on here and i am pleased you found it because it saves me searching for it!
You're welcome. It helped me a lot.

i don't give any in game team talks but its up to you.... i dont feel comfortable using them and the players are busy playing to hear what you say and could affect negatively

me neighter. I was questioning about pregame OI's only.

I dont meet my backroom team at all. i don't take any of the advise, as a manager , these are YOUR decisions, you are the boss, yes they can guide but you should know all this stuff as a good manager anyway, sometimes they get it wrong, in any case, i dont meet with them, they can get on with coaching and i can get on with managing the club.

OK. When I meet them, or when I have the pre-game Opposite instructions, they say all kind of things. You do nothing with that?

my assistant is good tactical knowledge and good judge player ability, i tick box, do the opposition instruction, he does them, i dont worry about them.. thats it.

great

if you win tie despite losing game, then you say like you win! if by one, two or three goals.on agg, then you imagine you won and give the winning talk.

what do you mean with "if you win tie despite losing game"? English is not my native language. I have no idea what this means...

if media says easy match, just say ' i would rather focus on the game than needlessly discuss it' or try no comment. let the media talk, unless you KNOW the right answer, just go neutral or no comment.

Well, sometimes there was no "no comment" option, and I always loose those games. I have to try to find another option then.

i dont use the defensive tactic. I use UD or UD10, the UD10 is for when you have player sent off... you switch to that one and sacrifice the DM...

UD10 is not in first post, is it?

warn them when get red cards, never fine them. unless really persistently doing it. and dont worry, trust the UD10 tactic to win or draw anyway.

Alba and Azpilicueta are collecting cards, like it is a trading game. Every game I try to wait until the 60th minute to substitute them, but every game I need to substitute one or 2 wingbacks due to being afraid of ending the game with 10 players.

it all depends how teams defend, ur goals can come from anywhere, but if teams are marking suarez alot, the other players will score, if they dont mark him, he will score, i imagine they mark him, and that leaves the other players around him to score instead. i imagine the cms are not as thrifty because messi and neymar are greedy and clean up the space left by the defenders when the blindly follow suarez! :lol:

That could be the case.

i tend to prefer smaller squads but im not too fussed, the main thing for me is that you pick the teamsheet based on form and try to forget so much about condition. if you leave too short, you risk injury but you can normally ride it out, if too big, unhappy non starting players can try to disrupt the squad and it only takes one bad egg to ruin a season. so its a juggling act... balance is key and consistency is vital.

I sold Mascherano, he was doing good, but allready 32 so I tried to cash on him. I sold Alba too, because he would get me in trouble with a red card once every 5 or 6 matches. I think that ruined a bit of my winning flow too, as my 2nd season was starting worse than my 1st.

never ask players to rest, and never let that affect you picking them, if they are on form, play them anyway, you dont pay these clowns to have a rest... ffs, they must earn their wages.. play them, if they want a rest, they can sleep after the game.

OK.
dont change the corners, i know, but just leave it as it is. dont change anything.. its perfect the way it is. :thup:
Well, almost all my corners go to waste right now.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all my questions. I will try to follow your advise ingame and see how it works out.You're welcome. It helped me a lot.me neighter. I was questioning about pregame OI's only.OK. When I meet them, or when I have the pre-game Opposite instructions, they say all kind of things. You do nothing with that?greatwhat do you mean with "if you win tie despite losing game"? English is not my native language. I have no idea what this means...Well, sometimes there was no "no comment" option, and I always loose those games. I have to try to find another option then.UD10 is not in first post, is it?Alba and Azpilicueta are collecting cards, like it is a trading game. Every game I try to wait until the 60th minute to substitute them, but every game I need to substitute one or 2 wingbacks due to being afraid of ending the game with 10 players.That could be the case.I sold Mascherano, he was doing good, but allready 32 so I tried to cash on him. I sold Alba too, because he would get me in trouble with a red card once every 5 or 6 matches. I think that ruined a bit of my winning flow too, as my 2nd season was starting worse than my 1st.OK.Well, almost all my corners go to waste right now.

in regards to OI, you simply go to staff instructions and tick the box which says leave it to the assistant with high tactical knowledge and high Judge player ability. Then you leave it to him. you dont touch it, you dont do them, if you see them, you just ignore them, the ass man is dealing with it.

UD10 is somewhere in here, if its not in the first post, it is in a post further on...

Don't be afraid is the answer, the only time you sub a player on a yellow is

A) he is on a yellow combined with a rating of 6.5 - get him off straight away

B) its in the second half, 60mins at least gone, and none of your players are playing below 6.5, but hes on a yellow, not playing amazing, then sub him sure.

Only try to make one sub at a time, i usually do one in the 60th, one in the 70th and one in the 80, but you can be flexible with that, and sometimes you dont get that option, if you have to sub on an injury or like the example of yellow and 6.5... etc

your the boss, you can buy and sell who you like, i find if you pick players on form, they dont moan,, but the one rule i have, never ever come what may, bargain or promise the players, be strict on any player power, no matter how good the player is, or how much you need him, stand your ground, and dont try to make an excuse just come straight out and say, ok yea ill sell you, or yea if barca come in with a reasonable bid, ill sell you, or yea ok if you dont like being on the bench, cause your form is XXXX then ill sell ya, and you will be surprised how many players back down, if you lose a player, then sell, cash in and buy someone else, because if you promise, if you barter, if you show weakness, the performances will suffer, show them who the boss is, dont show them who the mouse is,,, one player can bring down a whole team and it is better to upset one and please the other 25 than it is to please one, and upset the 25 others who are working hard in training to get in the team. dont be scared. be fierce instead.

well thats fine, your winning so who cares how many corners go to waste! and the great thing about this tactic, is the players love the style too! :thup:

in regards to OI, you simply go to staff instructions and tick the box which says leave it to the assistant with high tactical knowledge and high Judge player ability. Then you leave it to him. you dont touch it, you dont do them, if you see them, you just ignore them, the ass man is dealing with it.

UD10 is somewhere in here, if its not in the first post, it is in a post further on...

Don't be afraid is the answer, the only time you sub a player on a yellow is

A) he is on a yellow combined with a rating of 6.5 - get him off straight away

B) its in the second half, 60mins at least gone, and none of your players are playing below 6.5, but hes on a yellow, not playing amazing, then sub him sure.

Only try to make one sub at a time, i usually do one in the 60th, one in the 70th and one in the 80, but you can be flexible with that, and sometimes you dont get that option, if you have to sub on an injury or like the example of yellow and 6.5... etc

your the boss, you can buy and sell who you like, i find if you pick players on form, they dont moan,, but the one rule i have, never ever come what may, bargain or promise the players, be strict on any player power, no matter how good the player is, or how much you need him, stand your ground, and dont try to make an excuse just come straight out and say, ok yea ill sell you, or yea if barca come in with a reasonable bid, ill sell you, or yea ok if you dont like being on the bench, cause your form is XXXX then ill sell ya, and you will be surprised how many players back down, if you lose a player, then sell, cash in and buy someone else, because if you promise, if you barter, if you show weakness, the performances will suffer, show them who the boss is, dont show them who the mouse is,,, one player can bring down a whole team and it is better to upset one and please the other 25 than it is to please one, and upset the 25 others who are working hard in training to get in the team. dont be scared. be fierce instead.

well thats fine, your winning so who cares how many corners go to waste! and the great thing about this tactic, is the players love the style too! :thup:

Thanks for the further explanation. This helps a lot.

Would you explain what you mean with "if you win tie despite losing game"?

Thanks for the further explanation. This helps a lot.

Would you explain what you mean with "if you win tie despite losing game"?

If you lose the match but win the tie overall - so 2 legged cup games.

I just had to share this match. Fenech, thank you for your great tactic!

Look at my league table. I played less matches than my direct opponents. I am 1st, having 67 points out of 28; Valencia is 2nd, with 60 out of 29 matches played; and 3rd is Real Madrid with 30 matches and 56 points.

XNLJ2Jy.jpg

I've finished my 3rd season with Barcelona. In my 2nd season I had a really hard spell mid season, with 3 losses, but the board stated they support me, because of my success in the 1st season. Great :) My 3rd season went well in the league. I had an entire unbeaten season! So far 60 matches and still going on! :) In the Spanish Super Cup and the Champions League, I can't repeat my success of the 1st season, or so it seems. Lost in the CL semis, 2 years in a row, and I was runner up in the Spanish Super Cup 2 years in a row.

1st season in La Liga:

9RjZp98.jpg

2nd season in La Liga:

bdSYxjx.jpg

3rd season in La Liga:

cLaeiHt.png

Records set:

Most points in a season in La Liga BBVA: 102 (was 100)

Longest unbeaten run in La Liga: 67 games (and still counting; started last season, went unbeaten in La Liga for the entire season and hope to continue this for the next)

Scored 118 goals, which was almost a record. (That is still at 121 goals by Real Madrid)

Career Overview

Season     Team           Country    League             Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga, Supercopa España, Copa del Rey and CL winners
2016/17    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga, Supercopa España and Club World Cup winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey and UEFA Super Cup finalist
2017/18    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Copa del Rey winners; CL semis; Supercopa España finalist

Thanks again for this great tactic and all the tips and tricks. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
I just had to share this match. Fenech, thank you for your great tactic!

Look at my league table. I played less matches than my direct opponents. I am 1st, having 67 points out of 28; Valencia is 2nd, with 60 out of 29 matches played; and 3rd is Real Madrid with 30 matches and 56 points.

XNLJ2Jy.jpg

Well Done Mate, very happy for you. Great Great Season!

I've finished my 3rd season with Barcelona. In my 2nd season I had a really hard spell mid season, with 3 losses, but the board stated they support me, because of my success in the 1st season. Great :) My 3rd season went well in the league. I had an entire unbeaten season! So far 60 matches and still going on! :) In the Spanish Super Cup and the Champions League, I can't repeat my success of the 1st season, or so it seems. Lost in the CL semis, 2 years in a row, and I was runner up in the Spanish Super Cup 2 years in a row.

1st season in La Liga:

9RjZp98.jpg

2nd season in La Liga:

bdSYxjx.jpg

3rd season in La Liga:

cLaeiHt.png

Records set:

Most points in a season in La Liga BBVA: 102 (was 100)

Longest unbeaten run in La Liga: 67 games (and still counting; started last season, went unbeaten in La Liga for the entire season and hope to continue this for the next)

Scored 118 goals, which was almost a record. (That is still at 121 goals by Real Madrid)

Career Overview

Season     Team           Country    League             Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga, Supercopa España, Copa del Rey and CL winners
2016/17    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga, Supercopa España and Club World Cup winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey and UEFA Super Cup finalist
2017/18    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Copa del Rey winners; CL semis; Supercopa España finalist

Thanks again for this great tactic and all the tips and tricks. :thup:

That's no bother, Pleased to help out. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

:( I didn't get to 100 matches without losing in the league. "Only 92"...

Or should I say: YES! 92 matches without losing in the competiton (La Liga); and 21 matches won in a row (in all competetions together).

My four seasons so far in La Liga BBVA with Barcelona:

plyFeEy.png

Career Overview

2018/19    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Supercopa España winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey finalist
4th season in La Liga:

4vOqois.png

With 103 points I won 1 point more than last year and therefor set a new record again.
Conceded two more, scored a few less, but won the League much earlier this year with a bigger gap between me and my opponents.

We won 21 matches in a row in all competitions and managed a fantastic 92 matches without losing in La Liga.
I really hoped to get 100 matches, but 92 is terrific too, ofcourse.

So far I am very happy with the results. I had too many injured players and not enough players to compensate. (Had to bench 4, or 5 players sometimes, instead of 7)
Most important thing for next season is to find some new players that are able to compete with my first eleven. That will be hard because Messi, Neymar and Suarez are really unreplaceable and also my other 8 first team players are already really good.
My scouts never find anyone with a CA of PA higher than 3 stars. Have to find some of them, because I really should win the CL or the Copa del Rey again.

Anyway, thanks again for this great tactic!

• 2 weeks later...

My succes with Barcelona continues. 5th Season, after 27 matches (W26, D1, L0) I am already qualified for the Champions League, we ended the season with 110 points, winning 36, drawing only 2 and lost none.

We scored 80 goals in the first 19 matches. After the full 38 we scored a huge 141 goals in La Liga! :-) That's almost 20 goals less in the 2nd half of the season, but with this total amount of 141 I cannot complain.

Career Overview

2018/19    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Supercopa España winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey finalist
2019/20    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Supercopa España winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey finalist

2019/20    U23            The Netherlands                             Olympic Games Gold winners

Career Overview in La Liga:

itb1b2U.png

Season 2019/2020 in La Liga:

KRy8nMu.png

This is my second season without losing any games in the league. If you take a closer look at my last 3 seasons, you'll see that I only lost 1 league game in more than 3 years! :-)

Concerns/questions: I am still not being able to win the Copa del Rey and the Champions League. Any tips?

On 27/08/2016 at 14:05, Jorgen said:

My succes with Barcelona continues. 5th Season, after 27 matches (W26, D1, L0) I am already qualified for the Champions League, we ended the season with 110 points, winning 36, drawing only 2 and lost none.

We scored 80 goals in the first 19 matches. After the full 38 we scored a huge 141 goals in La Liga! :-) That's almost 20 goals less in the 2nd half of the season, but with this total amount of 141 I cannot complain.

Career Overview

2019/20    Barcelona      Spain      La Liga BBVA       1st           La Liga and Supercopa España winners; CL semis; Copa del Rey finalist

2019/20    U23            The Netherlands                             Olympic Games Gold winners

Career Overview in La Liga:

itb1b2U.png

Season 2019/2020 in La Liga:

KRy8nMu.png

This is my second season without losing any games in the league. If you take a closer look at my last 3 seasons, you'll see that I only lost 1 league game in more than 3 years! :-)

Concerns/questions: I am still not being able to win the Copa del Rey and the Champions League. Any tips?

looking at this, you won the CL in the first season, and the copa del ray, then you have come very close in all the other seasons.

it is very difficult to win everything in a season now. and the league is still the most important trophy for barca.

do you make any changes between league and cl games? 

3 hours ago, Fenech said:

looking at this, you won the CL in the first season, and the copa del ray, then you have come very close in all the other seasons.

it is very difficult to win everything in a season now. and the league is still the most important trophy for barca.

do you make any changes between league and cl games? 

I sometimes change the starting eleven due to injuries / fitness / and if the player is happy or not, but that is normal.
But I almost never change the tactic. Not before the match anyway. Sometimes in game I switch to UC as you suggested, or set instructions to countering/attacking when I desperate need a goal.

In my first seasons I sometimes choose 8 or more other player in the starting line-up when the match wasn't that imported, or the opponents were weak, but I drawed and lost some matches that way.
If possible I try to not have more than 4 new players than the match before that, but injuries do not always allow that.

I know that the board is happy with me, winning the league 5 times in a row and winning like this, but it would be nice to win the CL final once in a while or even make it to the final. It might not be realistic wining the CL every season, but with the power I have in La Liga, it would be possible to win it more often, I guess. It is hard buying new players by the way. Not because they don't want to sign for Barcelona, but because almost no one gets more than 3 stars in my scout report and what players are really better than Messi, Suarez and Neymar, if you come to think about that. My finances are great at the beginning of the season, but tend to go down rapidly towards the end, so I really need the tv money and CL prize money to be able to have healthy finances.

• 1 month later...

Have built and created this on the Beta. Works quite well. Only played 3 games and tactic still learning. Plays similar to real life Liverpool. Using same players as real life.

Will be interesting to see if the AI adapts to this. Not played FM for about 3 years with Kids arrival. This version does seem excellent and this tactic is a good start.

Going to build the contain as well but will stick and focus on original to begin with.

• 5 months later...
On 25-10-2016 at 13:16, Solo171013 said:

Have built and created this on the Beta. Works quite well. Only played 3 games and tactic still learning. Plays similar to real life Liverpool. Using same players as real life.

Will be interesting to see if the AI adapts to this. Not played FM for about 3 years with Kids arrival. This version does seem excellent and this tactic is a good start.

Going to build the contain as well but will stick and focus on original to begin with.

How did your save with this tactic go? I continued my save yesterday, after a few months of not playing. Won my matches again, with great football and lots of goals.
After 5 seasons, I find the AI not adapting. Don't know what will happen this season of course. ;)

• 2 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:34, jasaseo said:

record and share your tactic to youtube it's good idea

I have shared it here but I might look into doing something on youtube so thanks for the idea.

16 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

any training for Ultimate Doom or OI or leave to your assistant

Hey,

If you look through this post, you will see I have given full instructions on trainings or team talks....

• 4 weeks later...

I remember playing with a 4123 formation with a regista in fm15, it was an absolutely amazing tactic, beautiful to watch... too bad that in this year's match engine the 3 at the back is OP, there are matches when you can't win against a relegation team with a top one. They just park the bus.

Lately I've been thinking seriously to go back to fm 15, at least the match engine is more balanced.

On 7/17/2017 at 21:51, Jorgen said:

Hi Fenech, good to see you back on these forums. What about using this tactic for FM2017? Is that possible or does a lot have to be changed?

Hi mate

This tactic works well in 2017 as well but it does depend on having the right players. 

The UD10 tactic for when I go down to 10 men. Do not sacrifice the regista!

On 7/18/2017 at 10:56, Vali184 said:

I remember playing with a 4123 formation with a regista in fm15, it was an absolutely amazing tactic, beautiful to watch... too bad that in this year's match engine the 3 at the back is OP, there are matches when you can't win against a relegation team with a top one. They just park the bus.

Lately I've been thinking seriously to go back to fm 15, at least the match engine is more balanced.

I think that if you encounter a team that's parking the bus, then you need to adjust your approach to try and 'draw' them out.  Maybe start the game with a more defensive approach, let them get some confidence in the first half, then they go more attacking, so switch to your usual tactic second half and take them by surprise. :lol:

On 20-7-2017 at 15:04, Fenech said:

Hi mate

This tactic works well in 2017 as well but it does depend on having the right players. 

The UD10 tactic for when I go down to 10 men. Do not sacrifice the regista!

That's great to hear, as you might remember that I had tons of success using your tactic at Barcelona.
Of course, it is Barça, but your tactic did just great.

1 minute ago, Jorgen said:

That's great to hear, as you might remember that I had tons of success using your tactic at Barcelona.
Of course, it is Barça, but your tactic did just great.

I do remember. The only difference in 2017 is instead of sacrificing the regista when i get a man sent off, i sacrifice the striker instead.

1 minute ago, Vali184 said:

What about players instructions? @Fenech, can You upload the tactic for FM2017 please?

It's on the first page, it uploads into FM17 no problem. there are no changes the player instructions are already included. 

Ultimate Doom http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjj94vg8jhbzycj/UD_970376CC-BECB-4228-BBF8-C3FAD71FC31C.fmf - 

Ultimate Doom 10: https://www.mediafire.com/?n6h5ra5abf88kl3 - When you go down to 10 men switch to this tactic and sacrifice the striker...

Any Questions just ask me. Always pleased to help :)

7 hours ago, Fenech said:

It's on the first page, it uploads into FM17 no problem. there are no changes the player instructions are already included. 

Ultimate Doom http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjj94vg8jhbzycj/UD_970376CC-BECB-4228-BBF8-C3FAD71FC31C.fmf - 

Ultimate Doom 10: https://www.mediafire.com/?n6h5ra5abf88kl3 - When you go down to 10 men switch to this tactic and sacrifice the striker...

Any Questions just ask me. Always pleased to help :)

i didnt download it i just took your instructions and made some changes

On 7/26/2017 at 23:46, Cavs1017 said:

Any OI's? cant see the screens.

No need, You hire an assistant or coach with the following attributes as high as possible: Judging Player Ability and Tactical Knowledge - then go to staff responsibilities, first team duties and put that person as responsible for opposition instructions, then you just let them deal with it and no need to worry about it yourself.

Archived