FM16: Portsmouth FC - Fan Owned & Debt Free!

stevemc

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I got him, he wasn't interested at all at first :D have to work him into the team slowly as he isn't match fit due to no club over the summer.

My team is so strong this season! Not one weak point in my opinion, pushing for 5-7th.

You get bloody Mata and this is the extent of my transfer dealings

RK9Jiqj.jpg

Glad to have brought Wallace back to the club but have been shipping players out more so expect to struggle.

I have a feeling I may lose my job before the season is out :(

You get bloody Mata and this is the extent of my transfer dealings

*snip image*

Glad to have brought Wallace back to the club but have been shipping players out more so expect to struggle.

I have a feeling I may lose my job before the season is out :(

Mata :cool: I am excited to play today, forgot I signed him until I just opened up FM!

Hey Pompey did you spend a lot in previous seasons to get that budget? I thought Pompey normally get a better budget to play with in L1 and champ...
I got a decent budget in league 1 but nothing since

Yeah same here, League One budget was a lot bigger than my Championship budget!

Hey guys really am enjoying save with Pompey, finally a fun save in FM16. I got pompey to EPL in FM14 so now trying again in FM16.

So I'm in November on top in L2, second round of FA Cup. Key performers have been Kyle Bennett, Darcy Blake (free signing), Gary Roberts, Matthew Clarke, Edna Stevens, Danny Hollands, Jarno Parikka (free signing).

Fixtures

20h56xg.png

Comps

219s41t.png

Season 3: finished 15th in the Championship, cups were very forgetable but managed to get Jed Wallace in on a free after Wolves released him. Season 4: Was a totally unexpected success, especially as I had no money and only a 10k wages increase, but managed to finish 6th and won the play-offs and also got to the Capitol Cup Semi-Finals losing to Man Utd over 2 legs (2-2 at home, 0-4 away), but had wins over Southampton (1-0 at St Marys), West Ham (2-0 away) and Stoke (home 5-3 aet, from 2-0 down, last goal was from inside my half as their keeper was up front). Season 5: Still in pre-season but brought in a lot of cheap but look good players as had an £8m budget and wages budget increased to £350k, although I think it'll be a struggle.

I may be delayed in my updates as I have to go see some crappy Sci-Fi movie tonight :cool:

But worst of all, while trying to fix a Windows 10 issue last night I effectively wiped my C: drive and have to do a complete re-install of my programs :(. Luckily, the documents folder was untouched so my saved game was intact :lol:

I'm going to be biased and tell you to wait until Clarke-Harris gets loan-listed, he's too good for League 2. Just played my first friendly with him at the club (Drawing 2 and losing 1 so far) and this is my result

f239781f7d240e8315e493ab83883ce8.png

This squad has so much quality. Gutted about Whatmough being injured but hopefully I can still make something of him.

I'm very interested in this player I bought in, cost around 15k iirc with all fees included but he's actually a "free". I love his pace, him and Clarke(who I signed on a year instead of 6 months loan and got rid of his fee) should be a rock together.

be7b609d89bde8b7a5b06a19bf255a26.png

Squad is nearly sorted, will edit soon, just need LB cover.

Transfers are here, might not of finished, I'll need a couple of proper league matches to see.

818555353874df432db5a6e12db86cea.png

Would you sign? I've sold Adam Barton as me and him aren't friends for 200k over 48 months, Dunne isn't going to get time here and I've loaned in Michael Doughty for AP - Support rotation with Goss. This lad is just very versatile, Hollands will be staying as he's been class but Doyle will be leaving. He's currently 3 stars, if I train him and play him could maybe push him a bit. 1.5k p/w, would you?

4693c00d502e04a1d85ae3ea0334b303.png

Jerome Sinclair and Jordan Rossiter at Liverpool, and Sean Goss at Man Utd - all free season loans with no wages.

Yeah I second Sinclair and Goss. Goss as a DLP D at DM has been pretty consistent and solid. Sinclair as a F9 has been back up but has nack of scoring plenty.

Rossiter I've used as MC B2B But not really fantastic though. In and out.

I've somehow absolutely tanned this save since starting it yesterday, it's been so fun. I've already finished my first season :D. I won the league 2 by points, Wycombe were 1 - 0 down to Oxford at one point so I was winning it by 2 goals! They equalised in the 90th minute :D.

4c73cdc0caeeea789ac172008eb21ec6.png

655e5de490970c0d3a3b0e3ef5e952eb.png

b686383c4c7d201f604279a45bad3e91.png

To me the players of the season were Stevens, Roberts, Clarke, Hollands, Goss and Clarke-Harris. When Clarke-Harris was injured we missed him alot, no one came close to his goals in the league for us.

I've been given a huge transfer budget for league 1!? I'm going to try and keep most my loans and sign a couple when there contracts expire - mostly Conor Townsend, quality cover for Stevens and with Hull being promoted they may let him go. Contract expires in two months. Need to get rid some of the deadwood on the wings and see if Bennett will stop complaining about first team football when he's injured and therefore cannot play :D. A couple of wingers like Roberts and I think I could win League 1, he's been sheer class. I ended up signing the Finnish player from above. 13 Apps (at CB/DM), 1 goal, 1 MoM and 7.02 avg rating, quite happy with him.

On and upwards, I have work in the morning and I've been to sleep for a bit so I'm going to start my transfers for a bit and then finish them off over the weekend.

After 5 day break (life has got in the way)... I am able to get a few hours FM in this morning before football. Reading about all your saves has been killing me!

After saying him and Jones were my most underwhelming signings last season, he has really upped his game this year. Now the first name on the team sheet when fit and available!

f0eda5d60fe38a8d4abc0dd84f09c9da.png

Hiya, sorry I don't post in here often, just enjoying the save too much, well it took me 4 years to do it but got promoted to the Prem now, Callum Gribbin is amazing and you should try get him on loan if you can, just hoping not to get relegated in my first season in the Prem, realistic target, the money from being in the Prem will come handy for my balance as it was -7m before I got promoted.

Will update you on how I get on in my first season in the Prem when I have the season done.

Managed to stay in the Prem - just by 1 point on the last day even though I was hammered 4-1. Jack Grealish was my best signing of the season and was a freebie, although might lose him now as Chelsea are sniffing about. Hopefully I can strengthen and do better next season - the board have increased the wage budget from 400k to 700k and given me a £53m transfer budget, so hopefully I should be able to attract some better players, the ground is also being increased by nearly 8k.

Time to start League 1! I let my assistant play the friendly I just changed formations - 4 - 4 - 2 seems to the suit the lads better currently. Hoping we get the 4 - 5 - 1 moulded in for the bigger teams we face.

e8e98b4ab16b34ab3c70cd4489c7810e.png

Here's my squad - reason I've taken it like this is it's bigger then one page :D.

88058ed372efd0e6a15f2428af37edfe.png

Transfers - I need a quality striker but I can't seem to find anyone, what I'm saving my money for.

8ee7ff705ee8f49e85d62528e2b35d3e.png

In the mean time due to his pre-season blitz of 6 - in 1 start 2 subs I'm going to give this guy a run out

c66fc38a9a4c5e4f3825e59943a7defe.png

Wish me luck!

[Edit] First game we smashed Southend 3 - 0. 2 from Clarke-Harris both assisted by Sterring and Sterring scoring assisted by Aneke. Then this popped up :D.

3b047e4496ccf7d63cf459c91a0db154.png

And this is exactly why I waited to loan him in :cool:

cdffceba6638b9cd28a735a024e5554c.png

It just keeps giving, I'm in absolute awe what this Portsmouth side can do. 4 - 5 - 1 wasn't given enough power uptop, when we went down I had to switch, 5 minutes left I put Sterring in the DLF spot and Maguire in the Poacher spot and we just beat premiership Derby County 2 - 1 in Extra Time in the Capital One Cup. I'm absolutely buzzing.

2e6989312bd8fe4d6c5ba7a32cacce3c.jpg

Havin' a couple of games before work and the run is over :( hopefully pick ourselves back up, picking up 4 injurys in a week certainly hasn't helped.

Edit: Now 5 and I've lost Clarke-Harris for two months :'(. Going to try bring in Adam Taggart as cover for him for 3 months.

Edit: Now 7 which includes Danny Hollands out for 6 -7 months, time for work so I'll have to find a freebie. Looking via my reserves Adam May looks like he may be able to make the push, especially as a rotation player which Hollands had become. Connor Smith ex Watford is available, put a bid in and hopefully it'll come in.

c0f6972702ed2fdc41a4e539e1905daa.png

Aaaaaaaaand Sacked :(

:eek: What league/season were you in?

:eek: What league/season were you in?

I was in the championship in season 4

It was a really impossible position to be in as I had only about 20 players that were first team capable and was at one point down to using an u21 SC as my 2 were out

I was in the championship in season 4

It was a really impossible position to be in as I had only about 20 players that were first team capable and was at one point down to using an u21 SC as my 2 were out

Were any of the original lads still with you? Close, May, Roberts etc?

Were any of the original lads still with you? Close, May, Roberts etc?

I still had close and he was just breaking into my first team and Roberts was retiring at the end of the season. I had bought Lavery in as well and he was top scorer 3 years on the bounce.

:D :D :D

How on earth did you pick him up on a free? I've never seen him go for less then £15m.

He just ran out his contract, didn't play as much in the last season with Southampton and refused to sign a new contract because of it... remember I am in 2021 :D

Loved it when he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win though.

Archived