FM16: Portsmouth FC - Fan Owned & Debt Free!

stevemc

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to keep hold of Fede and Villalba in the final week of the window.

Had a really tricky start in the league, played Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool in the first 7 games, so my league position isn't looking great. Drew Southampton away in the League Cup, lost, mainly due to fixture congestion, I had to play youth/reserve players. Flying in the Europa League though, 3 wins from 3. I think I need to develop my tactic more for against the big teams away.

Crystal Palace have just been taken over by a tycoon, so the next 2-3 years should see them start to be a threat.

Aguero hasn't kicked a ball for me yet due to 3 injuries, glad I offered just a one year contract :D

Rui Pedro the Portugal/Porto striker :eek:? If so 22m is a bargain he's looked amazing on the FM2016 saves I've had so far. Your AMs look great!

Yes that's him, he was transfer listed by Real Madrid. He's great, started scoring straight away too, hat-trick against Chelsea on his debut :applause:

just finished third seasn with Portsmouth and win sky bet championship. board gave me 27 million €, can you recommend me best players who wants to join me on DC, AMR(left foot if it is possible) and SC position.

thanks.

Welcome! Glad you took my advice of joining us in the Portsmouth thread :).

CB - Tommie Hoban, M. Keane, Marco Chiosa, Jason Denayer, Patrick Bauer, Ryan Nyambe, Sherel Floranus, David Costas, Uros Spajic, Andre Wisdom, Milos Veljkovic, Diogo Verdsca.

AMR with left foot - Iuri Medeiros, Renato Steffen, Edison Flores, Riyad Mahrez, Dorin Rotariu, Patrick Roberts.

AMR with either feet - Bozhidar Kreav, Jesus Corona, Giuliano(Gremio), Dor Micha.

ST - James Wilson, Fabio Borini, Imoh Ezekiel, Hassan(Braga), Carlos Fierro, Moussa Dembele, Luka Jovic, M'Baye Niang, Sardar Azmoun, Thalles(Aletico Mineiro)

How did you guys sign Del Piero in the beginning? I wasn't even allowed to negotiate a contract with him as his agent say the club's finance is not good enough to offer him a contract that would satisfy him. :rolleyes:

Those of us that started careers from the beta had access to him, but once the first patch dropped he didn't

Portsmouth 2021/22: Premier League (mid-season)

Bit of a mid-season review, changed my approach a little this season and its seems to work really well:

• Set up "counter" in all away games

• Praise players after every good game

• Fine players 2 weeks wages for performance below 6.4

• Regular review player form, warn if its under-par

Anyway, here is the league, we are playing far better football, Mohammed Salah was a master stroke signing (12 goals, 8 assists in 17 games).

3eedx.png

The perfect game cam against Aston Villa:

34nhcfs.png

Topped out Europa League group, determined to go one step further than last season (losing in the final):

1zfne3o.png

The FA Cup has drawn us away at Gillingham:

9pnzlw.png

And Crystal Palace's tycoon buy out is now official:

2u95x78.png

Welcome! Glad you took my advice of joining us in the Portsmouth thread :).

CB - Tommie Hoban, M. Keane, Marco Chiosa, Jason Denayer, Patrick Bauer, Ryan Nyambe, Sherel Floranus, David Costas, Uros Spajic, Andre Wisdom, Milos Veljkovic, Diogo Verdsca.

AMR with left foot - Iuri Medeiros, Renato Steffen, Edison Flores, Riyad Mahrez, Dorin Rotariu, Patrick Roberts.

AMR with either feet - Bozhidar Kreav, Jesus Corona, Giuliano(Gremio), Dor Micha.

ST - James Wilson, Fabio Borini, Imoh Ezekiel, Hassan(Braga), Carlos Fierro, Moussa Dembele, Luka Jovic, M'Baye Niang, Sardar Azmoun, Thalles(Aletico Mineiro)

thnaks for help, i will pay attention on that playersin the futre. this is how I done buy/sell players for my first season in EPL:

mDuHHF1.png

in my first season I suffer defeat in first round at jpt and carling cup, but ni the fa cup:

tiZkvd7.png

RjhgqR4.png

in my secound season I suffer defeat in first round at jpt and fa cup, but ni the carling cup:

alm8S9o.png

akCjn9F.png

in my third season I suffer defeat in first round fa cup, but ni the carling cup:

O4rGkIS.png

Lyu0PCK.png

Portsmouth Season 2 - 2016-17 Mid Season

This is where I currently sit in the league

jZ0SSKJ.png

I had a pretty sporadic set of results for a while but suddenly hit a run of form that is only blighted with 1 defeat that was unlucky due to a sending off

OiHOTdt.png

My FA Cup run has been interesting to say the least so far :)

0TRrfpS.png

I had some concerns after flashing £1.4m on this guy but he has been a decent purchase.

XJC3KtS.png

Played Southampton twice in two weeks.

c29f5755f6b0491dfc58456871e004a3.png

2082c1ca0badb4086e946a1c2eeca669.png

:cool:

need help again :D i just finished fourth season with portsmouth and my first season in EPL. so i need recommendation for 2 MC players, one for DLP(D) role and one for BBM(S) role. My TB is 7 million €.

thanks again.

Wow that's a small budget to work with. Check loan listed players or free players?

Just got to Christmas, sitting second behind Leyton Orient on 45 points. Can't find a consistent starting eleven due to injuries.

I loaned in Alex Kiwomya at the start of the season to inject a bit of pace, he's been fit for one game out of twenty-three.

Best player for me so far has definitely been Elliot Lee (from West Ham) and Vanja Milinkovic Savic (from Man Utd).

Portsmouth 2021/22: Premier League

So I hit my target of the top four, secured Champions League qualification, there was a title challenge on for a bit until fixture congestion and injuries put that to bed:

mufn1u.png

2mo6vsi.png

259a5wi.png

Also had a great run in the Europa League, and losing the final last year in the last minute offered good motivation, had to overcome a strong Dortmund team on the way:

2di5dhs.png

The final was relatively straight forward:

dxy9fn.png

2zdocx2.png

We also lifted the FA Cup:

34y30hf.png

dzwjkw.png

Here's the season review:

deo8ly.png

And here's my story so far:

16c6ypf.png

And here's my story so far:

Very nice indeed :thup:. Glad you're doing well :).

Just got to Christmas, sitting second behind Leyton Orient on 45 points. Can't find a consistent starting eleven due to injuries.

I loaned in Alex Kiwomya at the start of the season to inject a bit of pace, he's been fit for one game out of twenty-three.

Best player for me so far has definitely been Elliot Lee (from West Ham) and Vanja Milinkovic Savic (from Man Utd).

I had him on FM15 iirc and he didn't really do anything for me. I'm surprised you've needed another goalkeeper :eek:.

I'm curious - which players have you loaned for this season?

I'm surprised you've needed another goalkeeper :eek:.

I didn't need one, Man Utd just offered him to me, so I could save some wages by letting Brian Murphy go in January.

I'm curious - which players have you loaned for this season?

I cancelled most of the loan deals you start with and loaned in;

Sean Goss

Mason Bennett

Sean Long

Elliot Lee

Alex Kiwomya

Vanja Milinkovic Savic

Jake Forster-Caskey

Josh Harrop

I also got Roy Heeson, Frans Putros and Remco van Wingerden on free transfers (all on one year deals).

And I'm so glad I went for so much cover, injuries have been the bane of my Portsmouth tenure. Kiwomya had two eight week long injuries, Elliot Lee and Mason Bennet have both had extended spells on the sidelines, Forster-Caskey, Josh Harrop and Sean Goss have also had injuries that has forced me to rotate more than I'd like.

Looks like I'll be building a completely new team for League 1 (or League 2 if my form continues), I've set most of the current first-team for release.

edit: I've also had the easiest FA Cup run to the quarter finals.

Gateshead > Swindon > MK Dons > Bolton > Brighton > Millwall.

I won't make it any further than Millwall (if I beat them) with nothing but Premier League sides left.

End of Season 2019/2020! This makes this save longer then my Rotherham save :D.

Holm came out of know where for this. He fit in when Long or Wilson got injured and took me by storm!

9faba27170be4dc5b0a422718143a68a.png

c50ff524218e7258fde724f3f6b21cb6.png

102b12a227addf2c5f9e514480afb653.png

368da2333ddd7127c9a4b38392c54e44.png

Shane Long came 3rd in the top goalscorers :cool:. He's scored more in this league season then he had at 4 at Southampton :D.

fc05f6282e98ecb2b83f219cc83fa7a6.png

To finish off:

867941dce299751fef63e4401783b0ce.png

Need some new blood, especially at the fullback positions and a CM/AMC.

Draxler and Stendera are both going on a free - but they want 90/100k P/W each :eek:. Firmino is going on a free but has no interest currently. I missed out of Tielemans on a free as I offered 60k P/W and well Wolfsburg offered 90k P/W. I have 50million to spend, it'll be spend so I can push for the title and do well in the Champions League.

I need to look into a tactic with an AMC aswell. It's what Chelsea/Arsenal play and they're unreal, they're so hard to beat. Butland 18 clean sheets for Arsenal, Courtois 17 clean sheets for Chelsea and Zoet has 10 for me. Check their GD, it's amazing. Both play 4 - 2 - 3 - 1.

Very close to adding a 27-year-old Kurt Zouma to my team for around £26m, with the exception of being gazumped.

I've been after a top centre back for a while as my defence is poor in comparison to the rest of my team, but the board only gave me £13m this Summer, despite qualifying for the Champions League for the first team.

What was everyone's budgets for season three in the Champ?

I'm bleeding money coming towards end of season 2 and am thinking I won't have much to play with meaning i'll have to settle for maybe a mid table spot next season...

My first ever season in League 2 and I'm glad to make it out of there. Guaranteed promotion was decided on the final day and I'm lucky results went my way as I did myself no favours by losing to Northampton. The players provided a lackluster performance that didn't reflect the early part of the season. Really, the title should've been wrapped up with about ten games to go, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I think my signing of the season was Elliot Lee. He was good for a goal every 110 minutes which was the best mark in the league. The fact that I was rotating him with two other strikers and probably wasn't giving him enough game time just shows how much quality he was showing for my side. Another player that was consistent was Vanja Milinkovic Savic who played all but four games throughout the season. Hopefully I'll be getting him on loan again as he definitely looks good enough for League 1. Sean Goss didn't make as many appearances as I would've liked because of that five loan player rule, but he was still a quality player to have rotating into the side.

Overall I'm quite pleased with how the season went.

How did Sean Long and Mason Bennett do for you? Shame about not winning but alteast you got promoted :thup:. This is where you can basically try to find cheap quality that'll help you push the next two leagues since you get quite a nice transfer budget.

Portsmouth 2022/23: Premier League

Fairly quiet window after the board only gave me £19m, had no real drama's with any of my players wanting to leave this time, Kurt Zouma is the only starting eleven signing:

2q07m37.png

We are notoriously slow starters, struggling to figure out why, but that form continued into the Charity Shield & Super Cup:

5pk4g7.png

2gvsbj5.png

Drawn a fairly tricky Champions League group, no real whipping boys in there, my task is harder now after Monaco beat me 0-1 at Fratton Park:

2w6gosz.png

We are now starting to creep up the rich list too:

zy90ev.png

Sergio Diaz has started the season on fire, 9 goals in 4 games so far, helping me to top the table after 5 games (4 wins, 1 loss):

i43goj.png

I'm looking for Champions League qualification again this season, and possibly a sneaky title challenge.

Beefed up my squad considerably before the season.

Kept Vanja Milinkovic Savic, Sean Goss and Josh Harrop, though they don't show up on the transfer page.

Daniel Bentley will be your goalkeeper to the prem, he's still good to call on now even though his "stars" shows he's championship at best. Maguire :cool: wish he was as good in real life as he was on Football Manager, he's quality on the right! Then again you have Wallace aswell :D. Wallace is amazing. Winger - Support = win.

Isn't Chris Herd seriously injury prone?

I mean Jed Wallace just scored like this for me :D.

cc32f9a41033695387af1737cc00f468.gif

Arranged a pretty awesome set of pre-season friendlies for the fans...

:cool:

Either tour around USA for the die hard fans or see some big names come to Fratton Park!

f70d04698c2382dfebf1c1f302f7cb4d.png

After struggling to get into the game over Christmas, I managed to power myself through these friendlies and get into the 21/22 season and play my first Champions League game :D

Drew 1-1 with Benfica. My group consists of OM (top seed from France!), Benfica, someone else (I forgot :() and ourselves bottom seed.

Couple players unhappy I rejected bids for them. Mata and Zouma. Sold Mata, which pained me to do as he is amazing, to Barcelona to shut him up, and I am keeping firm on rejecting all bids for our vice-captain Zouma.

Meyer replaces Mata at the CAM place.

Daniel Bentley will be your goalkeeper to the prem, he's still good to call on now even though his "stars" shows he's championship at best. Maguire :cool: wish he was as good in real life as he was on Football Manager, he's quality on the right! Then again you have Wallace aswell :D. Wallace is amazing. Winger - Support = win.

Isn't Chris Herd seriously injury prone?

I mean Jed Wallace just scored like this for me :D.

[snip]

He hasn't been injured yet, though I've been rotating the side pretty heavily. Only on a two-year contract and I don't see myself keeping him past that.

Jed Wallace is coming off the bench for me, but he's really banging on the door to be a starter. It would mean dropping another loan player though :(

Pretty sure Daniel Bentley will be my starting keeper next season, just playing cup matches at the moment.

Also, what's your stadium situation looking like?

He hasn't been injured yet, though I've been rotating the side pretty heavily. Only on a two-year contract and I don't see myself keeping him past that.

Jed Wallace is coming off the bench for me, but he's really banging on the door to be a starter. It would mean dropping another loan player though :(

Pretty sure Daniel Bentley will be my starting keeper next season, just playing cup matches at the moment.

Also, what's your stadium situation looking like?

befb6ca9a78d64775827289ed2bb8806.png

Got expanded last year iirc - we played at Brighton for a season.

This better win goal of the season!

[video=youtube;fISlV2TJ7WA]

End of Season 2020/2021

f6d6864466ab06ae6d4f9eb0e90751e9.png

We did well to finish 3rd - some hard results and some horrible injurys. Andre Silva seems quite injury prone so I'm 50/50 whether I should keep. I had easy runs in the FA cup and Capital One Cup.

c281f6fe19f277c46b7eaa14335afbed.png

572c3282ed74a2155950a11231919dce.png

0a925fdf230f3c86e6fd9777b0227c97.png

Can see how Wallace is shoe-horned into the midfielder :D? Need to make a few changes their. Some of them just are not good enough now or can't play how I need them too.

This came as a surprise!

3dced08d58a5c26d789032686205c63f.png

And so did this :D.

18d8a1128a3e127d8b945fd8468f8ebc.png

And so did this! Altered my away tactic slightly and somehow we managed to smash Chelsea :eek:

3f3c51c2601c79f3828bac28ecf22ff7.png

I still think it's going to take about 3 more seasons to win the league, if not more. Chelsea and Arsenal are machines and I can't beat Manchester United - I haven't yet on my Portsmouth save :(.

Portsmouth 2022/23: Premier League (mid-season)

Solid start to the season see us in 2nd place:

wvsdb4.png

During this time I turned down the Real Madrid job and surpassed 400 games in management:

314p3s7.png

We've done well in our debut Champions League season, but we've drawn Barcelona in the first knock out round:

2bsmjt.png

We are out of the League Cup, losing at the Etihad in extra time. And we've got Manchester United away in the FA Cup 4th round - tough luck all round!

My favourite result of the season so far is this away win at Schalke, down to 10 men, comeback with a last minute winner!

ctg1t.png

In January I shipped out Dani Ceballos for £30m to Manchester United and replaced him with transfer listed Martin Odegaard for £19.5m.

Transfers! Alot of 16/17 years old that cost a bit of money and alot of regens in general. Had to sell Firmino, he was average all season and wanted off the wage + money before he hit the wrong side of 30.

f4dc92b7240046746b353131f3b8ec27.png

Best regens for first team:

224fcf7488771461d2df549392b6016e.png

000ca25e63038129086e5a8a982e03bb.png

Community Shield:

Used the same tactic as the FA cup win - some players still need match practice

eb6f6e2fbd6df264202ff967d888435a.png

0e6bceecf28c9fb3a8dc741054ab0b84.png

:( Oh well, maybe next time.

Portsmouth 2022/23: Premier League

Finished the season 2nd, Manchester United stormed away with it:

15o8kch.png

anndc5.png

epr5vl.png

Here is my season review:

2qicsbn.png

Diaz was sensational this season:

2me3587.png

Shame this win against Barcelona only got us as far as the semi final of the Champions League, where Mourinho's PSG totally outclassed us:

2hyxftc.png

2ijkols.png

Plans for this window:

• Ship out 2-3 underperforming players

• Bring in 2 world class players

Portsmouth 2023/24: Premier League

Had a solid transfer window, didn’t lose any players I didn’t want to, which makes a change. Brought in 6 first team players, and 4 for the youth team. Smashed my transfer record on Maiorov for £70m, players are so expensive as you get further into the game, you’ve got to spend big to keep up:

3011w2g.png

Rui Pedro was brilliant for me in his first season, then a bad injury stalled his progress, so I shipped him out to Chelsea for £26.5m. 30-year-old Mohammed Salah went to Barcelona to replace Messi whom I replaced with Sanz, a regen from my youth team, who looks a bit special.

Champions League groups were drawn, what a surprise, Monaco in our group for the second year running, having also knocked them out in the quarter final last season too. Sporting and Sparta make up the remainder of a group I expect to qualify from with no real issues:

2vx2kwp.png

Superb start to the season, 4 wins from 4, no goals conceded, top of the league. Also drawn a home-tie against Championship opposition in the League Cup. Odegaard has started the season on fire…

hu3d3p.png

Here are some of my signings from this window:

23msviu.png

23jjmx.png

kb88qc.png

2a24o1.png

2s7amc5.png

2dme14l.png

And I’m that far into the game that Messi has retired and become a manager…

f298gx.png

Quick update:

Season 2027/28 - failed to defend the PL title and finished 3rd, won the Champions League, FA Cup and Community Shield.

Season 2028/29 - Bit of a disasterous season as finished 6th, S/F Capital One Cup, 4th Rnd FA Cup, 1st Knock-out Rnd CL, but did win the World Club Cup. Lost 4 of my best players in the close season as they wanted to leave for CL football and didn't think my team was good enough to qualify even though we'd won it recently. I didn't want to sell, so the rest of the squad complained, so I gave in and they complained at me selling our best players. The board only giving me £2m transfer funds and 30% of sales didn't help with replacements.

And I thought I had a good season - I finally beat Man Utd :D but so did everyone else :D.

0af980a9cbbc6fb5721b1cef22044a9c.png

406a27231eaf11eb1e4a14fcea12d5d5.png

I beat Chelsea in the Champions League though :D. On away goals, we drew at home and away, 1 - 1 and 2 - 2 :). In FA Cup Final vs Sheff Utd and Champions League Final vs Benfica.

Archived