Football Manager Touch 2016 Feedback Thread

Just popping by to give you a massive thumbs up for FM Touch. I had grown extremely tired of the last couple iterations of FM, because of what I perceive as too much bloat (too many team talks, media interactions, player interactions etc pp). I couldn't switch to FM Classic before, because I never watch my matches, but make heavy use of the analysis screens.

So FM Touch has been god sent for me. I've played more on this year's FM Touch than anything since FM2012. :thup::thup::thup:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love FMT 2016......I do have a bit of feedback though. When the suggestion is made to the manager that a certain player would benefit from being tutored by another certain player, why not allow the manager to make this happen....or not! I have hunted through the game, & help files, & online to find some way of doing this, to no avail......I come to the conclusion that this is not a feature available to me sadly.......

I do love the game though �� I am unable to do much at the minute due to various medical issues......without this game I think I'd be going crazy! Thank you ��

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a penalty shootout.

Boy is it tedious. It should be super exciting, but watching the keepers dawdling across to take their place in goal after each kick, and the players sauntering up taking their own sweet time is really, really painful.

Just an option to tick "fast mode" or "view kicks only" would be terrific. Just start each kick about a second before the kickers run up, see the kick, and a bit of "he scores.....", or goalie fist pumping for a save, then onto the next one.

What should be a really quick, exciting part of the game is just really drawn out and less fun than it should be.

Hi, could it be possible to let us choose more than 3 countries on FM Touch for players with iPad Pro or Air 2 who are both very powerful ?

I have been a longtime player of FM on PC but now that i can play on tablet everywhere i prefer the Touch experience. I know the Touch version is more streamlined but i would prefer to let players choose what they prefer without restrictions if our tablet can handle it.

I mean it seriously it bother me to have database players restrictions and can't make the team i really want just because you don't give the choice to the customers.

On PC you let players choose with a warning if they choose too much championships and too large players database. But in final it's their problem and own business.

SO PLEASE GIVE US THE CHOICE ON TABLET TOO DAMNIT. THANKS :)

I understand why they don't.

SI will end up supporting players that push the limits of their device too hard. Bugs will come up all over the place.

Players running all the leagues under sun with a min spec device.

The time, effort and money they will pour in by removing all those type of restrictions would be huge. Mobile device support is frustrating enough as it is (I work in a related industry). Cutting down on what players can do to minimise that IMO is just sensible. If you want no restrictions, modified databases etc then you don't want a quick and fast version of the game at all.

We all know there is an editor for the full game. What all people that play FM Toutch Editor is to enjoy those leagues (either real of fantasy ones) that you don't officially support or just go more levels is supported by you. Even there are those who simply don't care for the leagues created, just want to make a simple edito to correct some player/staff information that they feel is not correct.

I think it would bring to FM Touch more fun to this version of the game, but you probably know that by now.

I just hope you guys see the importance of an Editor is for FM in general, not only for full game, but also for the FM Touch, even if you restricted the editor for desktop version at first. It would just benefit the experience of Football Manager even further.

Again that is my humble opinion of it. And Yes I'm going to participate in this debate every time no matter the thread. ;) I will be those kids that go on car trip asking every second "Are we there yet?" :p

I have no interest at all in an editor in FM Touch.

In fact, that is taking the game in the total opposite direction to my preferences.

It's been years since I've wanted to play FM. (started in 93/94). The bloat in the game just made it tedious, and far, far too time consuming for me.

I don't want to "correct" stats info. I'm happy to play with what comes in the tin. Same with the leagues.

Let me fire up a game, pick 2 or 3 leagues and team and just get into it.

Develop my squad, do some transfers, set up my tactics.

That's it. The core of the game. Keep that for Touch IMO. Keep refining those parts of it.

Those that want custom leagues, modified stats, different face packs, different graphics - the full version lets you do that to your hearts desire. You have a version of the game to do all of those things,

Keep Touch for those that don't want to. My concern for Touch is that too many of these 'non-core' items will get jammed in either at the expense of improving what is there now, or creating bloat like in the full fat game.

Just had a penalty shootout.

Boy is it tedious. It should be super exciting, but watching the keepers dawdling across to take their place in goal after each kick, and the players sauntering up taking their own sweet time is really, really painful.

Just an option to tick "fast mode" or "view kicks only" would be terrific. Just start each kick about a second before the kickers run up, see the kick, and a bit of "he scores.....", or goalie fist pumping for a save, then onto the next one.

What should be a really quick, exciting part of the game is just really drawn out and less fun than it should be.

Agree with you... Really annoying... Also all these moments when a player waits for a sub while standing before corner kick. Damn, it takes whole minute!

I have no interest at all in an editor in FM Touch.

In fact, that is taking the game in the total opposite direction to my preferences.

It's been years since I've wanted to play FM. (started in 93/94). The bloat in the game just made it tedious, and far, far too time consuming for me.

I don't want to "correct" stats info. I'm happy to play with what comes in the tin. Same with the leagues.

Let me fire up a game, pick 2 or 3 leagues and team and just get into it.

Develop my squad, do some transfers, set up my tactics.

That's it. The core of the game. Keep that for Touch IMO. Keep refining those parts of it.

Those that want custom leagues, modified stats, different face packs, different graphics - the full version lets you do that to your hearts desire. You have a version of the game to do all of those things,

Keep Touch for those that don't want to. My concern for Touch is that too many of these 'non-core' items will get jammed in either at the expense of improving what is there now, or creating bloat like in the full fat game.

I respect, that is your opinion.

But I believe a FM Touch Editor can be beneficial for FM Touch, without compromising the core features of FM Touch. Those that would use the editable league know that the process will not be the same as those leagues inside the box. Each people may decide if they prefer to play more slow progress game with fantasy league or not. Like the option to remove of the three nation rule restriction of FM Touch, the more clubs/teams you add, the more the game has to process.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long term player of CM/FM and long term member of these forums, this feedback is a bit general but I think FMT doesn't quite cater for all the FM players wanting a streamlined experience. There's a lot of FM players who play FMT on desktop/laptops but it just feels that the focus on FM Touch now is all about devices. 

Developing FM Touch  further down the line on desktop/laptop and a tablet are two very different things. I think it's a real shame as the desktop/laptop users are seemingly getting left behind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I wonder if someone can help me basically I'm doing a fm touch fantasy mode and when I started I got rid of all staff now I have got my own staff there I am having too  every game managed the reserve squad this is on iPad Air 2 version.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to come by and give my feedback. I've been a long time FMM player, back when it was still FMH. In fact, the phone version introduced me to the computer version, which in turn convinced me the Touch version would end up being my favorite to play back and forth. Also, I've been pleading for FMM to get MLS for years now. They keep saying it just can't work on mobile, and I keep saying that it's already in FMT which is another app that fits on devices, so why can't it eventually be incorporated?! Anyway, after hearing that the 2 new leagues in FMM are not going to include MLS, I've given up hope on them ever advancing the app to a point where they can introduce MLS.

So, I just bought a new iPad and can finally run FMT on it. And not only does FMT have MLS, but it also has all the club logos and kits. This really makes me wish FMT could be designed for mobiles too. I enjoy the 2D match engine on mobile, but the lack of my country's league really makes the app much less enjoyable for half of the year. Sure, I enjoy the Premiere League and whole English system, but from March to December I'd like to manage my favorite MLS club. So, thank you for making that a possibility. Even though I'd rather have it on my mobile, at least I can open up the iPad and manage who I want.

Now, I look forward to FMT 2017. Don't know if I will be as interested in FMM this time around, though. 

• Lucas unpinned and locked this topic

Archived