FM16: Arsenal FC - Why Fly When You Can Walk on Water

FMFanatic2016

Just tied Gibbs down to a new long term contract. funnily he wanted only 10k or so more and his appearance and defensive clauses were a lot lower so good deal all round I feel.

Want to try and get Ozil tied down for longer but his asking for 240k!!!

Also want to offer a better deal for Bellerin due to his outstanding performances, not sure if I should just wait till he asks as his tied down till 2020 already and i think he would want a lot more than his currently on if i offered him a new contract??

what do you think about these?

cheers

Also guys I wanted to try and get Dybala in the january season 1 transfer window. Juve wanted 100m+, I managed to negotiate down to around £87m. I never went ahead though as I want to strengthen other areas as well.

Does FM work the same as in real life where transfers in January are generally more expensive due to time scale of clubs getting a replacement and clubs just not willing to sell half way in a season?

I may try again in the summer as I reckon he may cost a little less then hopefully.

thanks

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally have a new laptop so can finally start FM16.

Spare time isn't kind so these updates will be much more stripped down affairs than before. Nice to be back though.

SEASON 1

TRANSFERS

I scribbled on my notepad that I wanted a dm/cm, a winger and a striker. The winger was with the idea of selling Campbell but I changed my mind on him so scrapped that plan. The only player I wanted to sell was Arteta. Mission accomplished.

With money no object I looked at every top striker in the world. Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez, Benzema all of them. They all either had asking prices of 100m or didn't want to come. The next best cheapest option was Morata. As far as cm's go I was offered Sven Bender for 6.5 million and was tempted but instead got in a loan signing to cover for this season. I do plan to go for Tielemans in January though. Dragowski looks very good but will stay in the Under 21's for now.

[iN]

Alvaro Morata 20+add ons (could rise to 43m)

Bartloijek Dragowski 6m

Borja Valero (loan)

[OUT]

Mikel Arteta (Free)

Bielik (loan)

Crowley (loan)

Bennacer (loan)

[Future]

Lewis Cook 6m (loaned back for 1 year)

Emmanuel Mamanna 4m (loaned back for 1 year)

Matheus Pereira 3m (Jan 2016)

Lincoln 2.5m (July 2017)

[PRE-SEASON]

No Emirates Cup this year. Not the greatest batch of results.

Hendon 0-3 Arsenal (Giroud Willock Cazorla

Shamrock Rovers 1-0 Arsenal

Brentford 0-5 Arsenal (Walcott 2 Giroud Chamberlain Cazorla)

Aberdeen 1-2 Arsenal (Flamini, o.g)

Arsenal 1-2 Inter Milan (Walcott 31)

SQUAD

Squad for first Season Mertesacker captain, Cazorla vc

GK - Cech - Ospina

DL - Monreal - Gibbs

DR - Bellerin - Debuchey

DC - Mertesacker - Chambers

DC - Koscielny - Gabriel

MC - Coquelin - Flamini

MC - Ramsey - Wilshere - Valero

ML - Sanchez - Campbell

MR - Walcott - Chamberlain

AMC - Ozil - Cazorla

SC - Morata - Giroud - Welbeck

COMMUNITY SHIELD

CHELSEA 0

ARSENAL 1 Ozil 80(pen)

A Tactical masterclass did for Chelsea at Wembley. We sat back and frustrated them for 75 minutes they commited 26 fouls (just 3 yellows) to our 4. Then I brought on Chamberlain and went into attacking mode and he won the penalty which Ozil converted.

PREMIER LEAGUE

CRYSTAL PALACE 1

Puncheon 79 Cabaye miss/pen 75

ARSENAL 4

Sanchez 54 Walcott 78 80 90(+4)

A very good start to the league season.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 1

Ozil 22(pen)

MAN CITY 1

Aguero 60 Toure miss/pen 33

Two penalty saves in a row from Cech. Draw the fair result.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ASTON VILLA 1

Ayew 50

ARSENAL 3

Sanchez 1 55 Cazorla 47

two league away games and two wins. Still no clean sheet though.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 2

Sanchez 46 Giroud 88

EVERTON 0

Finally a clean sheet!

League Table

1. Swansea P4 P12

2. Tottenham P4 P10

3. ARSENAL P4 P10

4. Newcastle P4 P10

5. West Brom P4 P8

[draws]

League Cup 3rd Round - ARSENAL vs Leicester

Champions League Group Stages - ARSENAL PSV Roma Gent

[september fixtures]

League - West Ham (a) Newcastle (A) Cheslea (H)

Cup - Leicester (H)

Champions League - PSV (H) Gent (A)

September

PREMIER LEAGUE

WEST HAM 2

Lanzini 9 28

ARSENAL 1

Coquelin s/o 26 Giroud 85

A first loss of the season. We fought valiantly after Coquelins red card but could only get one goal back. Morata made his debut.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP F MD1

ARSENAL 1

Chamberlain 85

PSV 0

A popular scoreline this month. Walcott injured and out for 3 weeks.

PREMIER LEAGUE

NEWCASTLE 0

ARSENAL 1

Chamberlain 28

back to back 1-0 Chamberlains More injuries though. Sanchez and Ozil 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

LEAGUE CUP 3rd Round

ARSENAL 3

Gibbs 41 Cazorla 44(pen) Morgan o.g 51

LEICESTER CITY 2

Vardy 33 Kante 85

Played a very weakened team. Gibbs played as AML. Youngster Kamara started in midfield. Both did well and happy to get through. Chelsea and United both knocked out on penalties at home. Watford and Spurs doing the damage.

PREMIER LEAGUE

ARSENAL 1

Cazorla 82

CHELSEA 0

Same tactics as community shield and same result. Another injury this time to Giroud who would miss around 2 weeks.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP F MD2

GENT 0

ARSENAL 1

Koscielny 11

Good result. Strike force missing Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck. Goals will come.

[League Table]

1. Tottenham P7 P19

2. Swansea P7 P18

3. Arsenal P7 P16

4. Man City P7 P12

5. West Brom P7 P10

League cup 4th Round draw - Burnley vs Arsenal

Injury table

Walcott - 3 days Sanchez - 5 Days Giroud 9 days Ozil - 4 Weeks Wilshere - 4 Months Welbeck - 5 Months

October Fixtures

League - Leicester (A) Swansea (H) Stoke (A) Bournemouth (H)

Europe - Roma (A)

Cup - Burnley (A)

How can Sanchez scored 43 goals? Did you play him as striker? If so, what role and formation?

Yeah Alexis plays uptop as a Complete Forward for me, I posted a pic of our formation and roles couple of days ago so just look back few posts to see.

Yeah Alexis plays uptop as a Complete Forward for me, I posted a pic of our formation and roles couple of days ago so just look back few posts to see.

There have been a few games for me where I needed to shake things up a bit in the second half to get some goals and my best players on the bench have been wingers and my striker hasn't been playing well so I shift Sanchez to striker and bring in a left winger.

Every time I do this he is good for at least one goal (mind you he is often good for at least one goal from the wing too). Perhaps I should just commit to him up front? I have great wingers, less than great strikers

Just started a new game and struggling tactically. Playing with a basic 4-2-3-1 (sometimes with 1 of the 2 in an anchorman role), control, flexible and no additional instructions but the stats from my pre-season games were all below 50% possession against smaller teams. Any help please?

My second season transfers (the plan is to use Horn as back up for a season while Donnarumma gets some first team experience on loan, Horn will then be sold for a nice profit);

511cbb50-e589-4439-a66e-c87105466ca0_zpsjjdtmzve.png

Just had a pretty good week too;

336883a5-d718-427b-90bf-7fd9e2979187_zpsttvw5ntg.png

Season 2 Review

So after a bit of transfer dealing (see post #558) the season started with a loss on penalties to Chelsea in the Community Shield (a reversal of last years result). Other than this and an early exit in the FA Cup to Liverpool the season was a great success.

The Premier League was retained fairly comfortably, we went one better than last year in the Carling Cup by winning it, but easily the biggest achievement was winning the Champions League. The final against Bayern was a tense affair, with the game finely balanced at 1-1 after 73 minutes (Lewandowski opened the scoring before Theo equalised) Koscielny picked up a second yellow card in what would be his last game for Arsenal. We made it to full time with the score at 1-1, and unbelievably took the lead with 10 men thanks to Ox on 101 minutes. However shortly after this things went from bad to worse with Callum Chambers picking up a second yellow card, having only being brought on as a sub after the first sending off. Bayern soon equalised but despite being under severe pressure our 9 men held on to take the game to penalties, where captain Marc Andre ter Stegen was the hero with 2 penalty saves.

Competitions_%20%20Competitions_zps7oxvc08k.png

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages_zpst4ox2cpu.png

There were some fantastic performances throughout the season, with the standout being Hector Bellerin who went on to win an end of season award as the Best Player in Europe. Despite the hefty price tag Paul Pogba was a great addition to the squad......as you would expect.

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpse9cfwvwt.png

A bit of an overhaul has been undertaken in readiness for a season in which there are 7 trophies up for grabs, but despite the massive outlay the net transfer spend was a very reasonable £50m (the Bazoer transfer fee will rise to £39.5m after 50 Chelsea games & 10 International appearances);

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpsgmm9aj9f.png

This leaves the squad as follows;

GK (Sweeper Keeper – Support) – ter Stegen / Donnarumma

DCR (Central Defender – Defend) – Varane / Chambers

DCL (Central Defender – Defend) – Laporte / ???

WBR (Wing Back – Attack) – Bellerin / Jenkinson

WBL (Wing Back – Attack) – Alaba / Gibbs

MCR (Roaming Playmaker – Support) – Pogba / Wilshere

MC (Deep Lying Playmaker – Defend) - Ramsey / Maitland-Niles

MCR (Roaming Playmaker – Support) – Ozil / Ox

STCR (Deep Lying Forward – Support) – Walcott / Reine-Adelaide

STC (Poacher – Attack) – Morata / Welbeck

STCL (Deep Lying Forward – Attack) – Sanchez / Embolo

Just started a new game and struggling tactically. Playing with a basic 4-2-3-1 (sometimes with 1 of the 2 in an anchorman role), control, flexible and no additional instructions but the stats from my pre-season games were all below 50% possession against smaller teams. Any help please?

My initial thought here would be you need to shorten the passing the game. At least for me if I am not using either 'shorter passing' or 'retain possession' then my possession sucks. Relatedly, you should be using 'play out of defense' and perhaps giving your keeper specific PIs to play it short.

But you should just check your passing statistics - possession is often largely a matter of it your passes are coming off, so where are they failing? That will tell you where to fix. My guess, given that you are not using any additional instructions, is your keeper and defense are flinging the ball and that is most of the issue. But also you may be having issues in midfield that would get shored by by shortening the passing a bit.

This is my squad now:

GK: De Gea / Cech

DR: Bellerin / Chambers

DC: Varane / Papadopoulos

DC: Stones / Laporte

DL: Gaya / Jorge

MR: Ozil / Koke

MC: James / Ramsey / Wilshere

MC: Pogba / Alaba

ML: Sanchez / Ox

FC: Dybala / Embolo / Walcott

FC: Neymar / Barbosa

I can't really think of any players I'd like to bring in now, so that's probably all my major purchases out of the way until anyone retires. Unless anyone can see a weakness in there that I'm missing...?

Season 1 October

Premier League

LEICESTER 2

Vardy 32 Okazaki 86

ARSENAL 4

Morata 3 Cazorla 29(pen) 72(pen) Gibbs 35

A very good way to start the month.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Morata 23 55 90

SWANSEA 2

Gomis 11 26

He's arrived!

Champions League Group Stage Mach Day 3

ROMA 2

Dzeko 22 63

ARSENAL 1

Morata 46

I hate Eden Dzeko

Premier League

STOKE 2

Shaqiri 6 Diouf 45

ARSENAL 2

Sanchez 23 64

Conceded 2 for 4th game in a row.

League Cup 4th Round

BURNLEY 1

Ward 65

ARSENAL 3

Giroud 18 22 45(+1)

Played a decent team. Adelaide made his debut.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Walcott 20 Sanchez 48 Giroud 52

BOURNEMOUTH 1

Ritchie 15

No clean sheets in October.

[League Table]

Noisy neighbours They are +7 up on goal difference.

1. Tottenham P10 P26

2. Arsenal P11 P26

3. Swansea P11 P22

4. Man City P11 P20

5. Chelsea P11 P18

[Other News}

League Cup quarter Final draw

Everton vs ARSENAL

Charlton vs Tottenham

Cardiff vs Liverpool

Man City vs West Ham

[injury Table]

Welbeck 4 months - Wilshere 3 months

[November]

Will be a tricky month with Roma at home and Old Trafford and Anfield trips.

Premier League - Man United (A) West Brom (H) Liverpool (A)

Champions League - Roma (H) PSV (A)

Hi guys,

Just going into my 3rd season (finished 3rd in the league first season, won it the 2nd year but they are the only successes so far). Struggling to find a good CB who actually wants to join. At the moment I have Mertesacker and Koscielny starting most games with Mammana being brought through. Have plenty of money to spend and had a 30m rising to 50m bid accepted for Romagnoli but he wasn't interested in joining for less than 275k a week. Rugani has just signed a new contract at Juve so he is not an option either.

Ideally looking for someone good enough to slot into the starting team straight away, any recommendations very welcome!

Hi guys,

Just going into my 3rd season (finished 3rd in the league first season, won it the 2nd year but they are the only successes so far). Struggling to find a good CB who actually wants to join. At the moment I have Mertesacker and Koscielny starting most games with Mammana being brought through. Have plenty of money to spend and had a 30m rising to 50m bid accepted for Romagnoli but he wasn't interested in joining for less than 275k a week. Rugani has just signed a new contract at Juve so he is not an option either.

Ideally looking for someone good enough to slot into the starting team straight away, any recommendations very welcome!

First season I bought Medhi Benatia, was excellent.

Then at at the start of third season I have just bought Aymeric Laporte & Raphael Varane. Again both are excellent.

I also scouted de Vrij & Sule, both look decent.

Season 1

November

Champions League Group G Match Day 4

ARSENAL 2

Giroud 10 28

ROMA 1

Florenzi 58

A good result. Almost through but need to avoid defeat in holland. Valero picked up a knee injuury and would be out for a month.

Premier League

MAN UNITED 1

Depay 51

ARSENAL 2

Giroud 14 Ozil 56

Still no clean sheet in 8 but a good, deserved and important win.

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Ozil 4

WEST BROM 0

I abandoned attacking instincts to keep things tight and we had our first clean sheet in 9 games.

Champions League Group G Match Day 5

PSV 0

Arsenal 1

Giroud 12

Back to back clean sheets after going 8 games without. Comfortably through to the next round.

Premier League

Liverpool 2

Milner 37 Sturridge 74

Arsenal 1

Sanchez 31

A second loss of the season to end the month. Deserved at least a draw. Ramnsey sprained his Knee and would miss 4 weeks.

[league Table]

1. Tottenham P14 P33

2. Arsenal P14 P32

3. Man CIty P14 P27

4. Swansea P14 P26

5. Chelsea P14 P25

Arsenal Season stats (all comps)

Played 22 Won 17 Drawn 2 Lost 3 GF 42 GA 21

Appearances - Mertesacker Koscielny Cech Ramsey 20 Chamberlain 19

Goals - Giroud 10 Sanchez 8 Cazorla Morata 5 Ozil 4

Assists - Walcott 6 Valero 5 Debuchey 4 Cazorla 3 Ozil 3

Av Rating - Bellerin 7.69 Debuchy Sanchez 7.63 Valero 7.60 Walcott 7.53

[injury table]

Valero 3 Days - Ramsey 4 weeks - Wilshere 6 Weeks - Welbeck 2 months

[December Fixtures]

Watford twice in the league inside 9 days.

Premier League - Tottenham (H) Sunderland (A) Norwich (H) Watford (A) Southampton (A) Watford (H)

Champions League - Gent (H)

League Cup - Everton (A)

Dammit Scribe, and to make it worse Alexis only came 3rd, robbed by couple of players named Messi and Ronaldo, think they play in Spain. Did just have a 7 - 1 win at home to L'pool, all 8 goals came in first half, surely no beat that.

Sorry for the delay...

OiJ2aZU.png

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

August Report

arsenal201_zps0bskx9xc.jpg

09/08/15 | Barclays Premier League | Boleyn Ground

Arsenal 2 Giroud 5 , Özil 33 | Assts: Wilshere/Özil x1)

West Ham 1 ( Lanzini 33)

15/08/15 | Barclays Premier League | Anfield

Arsenal 3 ( Koshcielny 32 & 57 , Giroud 76 | Assts: Mertesacker/Özil/Cazorla x1

Liverpool 0

22/08/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

Arsenal 5 ( Alexis 51 , Giroud 53 & 70 , Koshcielny 80 , Giroud PEN 87 | Assts: Giroud/Alexis/Chambers/Cazorla x1)

Newcastle 0

29/08/15 | Barclays Premier League | Villa Park

Arsenal 3 ( Vardy 5 , Alexis 47 , Walcott 89 | Assts: Özil x2)

Aston Villa 1 ( Gestede 57)

Season 1

December

League Cup Quarter-Final

EVERTON 0

ARSENAL 0

Flamini s/off 95

Arsenal won 5-4 on pens

I played a pretty strong team as we headed Goodison. Neither side could take the few opportunities that came. We scraped through in the shootout after Flamini was sent off..

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Cazorla 64(pen)

TOTTENHAM 0

Cech sprained his knee so missed the game. Both sides had played 120 minutes on the wednesday so I wasn't too concerned with fatigue. It was only 1-0 but we had SEVEN clear cut chances.

Champions League Group G Match Day 6

ARSENAL 0

GENT 1

Walraevens 40

At least the classic fm joke comes in a meaningless game. 25 shots to 1. Seriously!

Premier League

SUNDERLAND 2

Johnson 14 Rodwell 88

ARSENAL 3

Chamberlain 45(+1) Morata 60 Ozil 87

Much more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Morata scoring his first goal in nearly two months.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Ozil 31 Morata 44 Sanchez 78

NORWICH 1

Mbokani 45(+1)

Very comfortable aagainst bottom of the league.

Premier League

WATFORD 0

ARSENAL 3

Morata 26 Campbell 79 84

From playing 20th to 19th. Nice to see Campbell amongst the goals.

Premier League

SOUTHAMPTON 1

Tadic 52(pen)

ARSENAL 3

Chamberlain 26 Ozil 33(pen)

A fifth win in a row. Although nervy after the saints pulled one back.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Walcott 35 Giroud 40 Chamberlain 85

WATFORD 0

3-0 away. 3-0 at home. Only sour note was a fractured arm for Walcott. After the game Flores was sacked.

[League Table]

Six out of six in December puts us in the driving seat.

1. Arsenal P20 P50

2. Tottenham P20 P41

3. Man City P20 P39

4. Chelsea P20 P39

5. Crystal Palace P20 P33

[injury Table]

Wilshere 10 Days - Walcott 3 Weeks - Welbeck 6 Weeks

[draws]

Champions League 1st Knock Out Round - Shaktar vs ARSENAL

FA Cup 3rd Round - Crewe vs ARSENAL

League Cup Semi Final - Man City vs ARSENAL

[other news]

Messi won Golden Ball

United sacked Van Gaal and replaced him with Ancelotti

We signed Rulli on pre-contract

[January fixtures]

Premier League - Crystal Palace (H) Man City (A) Aston Villa (H)

FA Cup - Crewe (A)

League Cup - Man City (A) Man City (H)

@ arsenalthebest some nice buys and a good start to the season. Is this on fm15? And what skin?

@kinglara, great month! What formation are you playing?

@spike, things looking good so far in your current season. Is this your 433? Beastly midfield you have!

maybe you could try dragovic,he is not too expensive,nor have a sky-high PA,but he really did a solid work in my arsenal save

Hi guys,

@spike, things looking good so far in your current season. Is this your 433? Beastly midfield you have!

Thanks Mark, hoping for another good season :thup:

I am playing a 4-3-3 but with 3 strikers rather than a striker & 2 wingers/inside forwards.

I have a pretty good squad all round now. Pogba has been a great signing despite the £70m price tag.

Particularly pleasing has been the way Reine-Adelaide broke into the 1st team squad from day one. Now with the departure of Coquelin it's Maitland-Niles turn.

@kinglara, great month! What formation are you playing?

4-2-3-1 structured control.

It's mostly a possession based attacking game. Otherwise it depends on the striker. If it's Giroud I play more of a crossing wide game. Morata passing and narrow around the box through the middle play.

He was £149m. He had a release clause of £150m, but whenever I tried to activate that he would sign a new contract instead of joinging me. They eventually accepted £1m less which meant they didn't offer him a new contract and he agreed to join me. That was the 2017/18 season.

He was £149m. He had a release clause of £150m, but whenever I tried to activate that he would sign a new contract instead of joinging me. They eventually accepted £1m less which meant they didn't offer him a new contract and he agreed to join me. That was the 2017/18 season.

thanks Scribe, hope you enjoy - surely you will until he retires :). Date shows Apr 2016 & I want to sign before starting next season. But I know it will be hard but I'm going to win the league & hopefully want to do same for Champions League. So I hope :)

Thanks Mark, hoping for another good season :thup:

I am playing a 4-3-3 but with 3 strikers rather than a striker & 2 wingers/inside forwards.

I have a pretty good squad all round now. Pogba has been a great signing despite the £70m price tag.

Particularly pleasing has been the way Reine-Adelaide broke into the 1st team squad from day one. Now with the departure of Coquelin it's Maitland-Niles turn.

Let me guess, you are using Suk Sam 4-3-3 narrow formation, right? :D

Archived