FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

Missed these screenshots out so they have been added to my previous update.

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20awards_zpsgnc1pw8n.png

It's sooooo galling to be losing our Fans Player of the Season and our Young Player of the Season in 1 go. It's nothing less than a disaster and could mean the difference between relegation and safety.

[Edit]

My plan was to upload the goal of the season, but I have just looked at it and it's really not worth the effort. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good solid start Col, looks very similar to mine:

2017-18%20Serie%20CB_zpsrlr4meo5.jpg

Didn't win in our last 5 matches, I think I tried playing too many of our youth intake.

2017-18%20San%20Marino%201st%20Team_zpsl8wgxwhm.jpg

I'm particularly happy with Paolo's son Christian Maldini at right back, although it must be said that at the same age Paolo was about to make it back-to-back European Cup wins.

Youth intake looks reasonable:

2017-18%20San%20Marino%20Youth%20Intake_zpslcgtkcdv.jpg

We also have a fair bit of wage budget left, so should be able to challenge for the playoff at least next season.

Please take this with a pinch of salt because I am struggling in this save, but I have had some limited success in a (GIB) save and in a Barnet save.

I really liked an AP(a) and and AP(s) in FM14, but they don't seem to be doing it for me in FM16. I have tried a few "in the hole" players and maybe it's the role and maybe it's the player but nothing has clicked so far. I have actually had more success by playing a 2nd forward and dropping him backwards via a F9, DF(s)/DF(d) or even a DLF which I had never used before.

Maybe consider an additional attacker coming back than a midfielder going forward?

Funny you should say consider dropping the AMC because I've just played a friendly against Serie B side Perugia which we drew 1-1 even though we were the better side. In the first half we played an attacking 4-4-2 which seemed ok but when I switched to a 5-1-2-2 DM WB we looked like world beaters, well maybe not :lol:. It's something I am going to go with this season though as we looked great, even if it was just 45 minutes of a friendly.

I have a question that I would like you all to answer.

I got sacked in my previous save in FM16 and I'm determined not to get sacked in this save, but I'm also aware that we only barely survived last season and we have just lost our Player of the Year....

So..... if I am restricted to "Youth Only", then does that also include players that have previously come through our academy?

I have had a look and there are some great players that we have had as youngsters, but that's not good enough for me. They can't have just played for the Youth Team. They must have come direct from the academy and San Marino must be their very first club with no exceptions.

What do you think?

Am I sticking to Youth Only by singing players that previously came through my academy?

For example, this bloke wouldn't be able to be signed.

NO._zpsbpopw3cy.png

But this bloke would.

Yes_zpsmxyejqvy.png

What do you think?

Vicenza, (of Serie B), are in for our left back Longo. :(

SMR%20Vicenza%20bid%20for%20Longo_zpsolq69qm7.png

[Edit]

They offered a deal of £67,000 and 20% of future profit and I countered with £250,000 and 50% of re-sale value, (and I meant to put loan back in for 2 years too but forgot), and they only bloody accepted it.

Now I'm screwed. :lol:

Longo%202nd%20offer_zpsdqgpynub.png

I'm not sure if that question has ever been raised before, but its an interesting one. They are technically youth players of yours, but not while you were in charge, which to me is a no.

The only reason I think it may be acceptable in this instance, would be due to the fact that you had to skip the first two seasons, which in this case, is when he left the club. Had you been able to take over initially, he would of still been there.

I would think in this case, it would be acceptable given the need to burn two years just to get SM as a playable team, but that's just my opinion. Perhaps put it to a vote?

FM14 - Confederations Cup 2041

After winning the World Cup, we get a place in the Confederations cup, and drew a group of:

USA (12)

Hosts Portugal (11) and,

Algeria (34)

We were missing Stefanelli in the middle of the park due to injury, but luckily this was well covered by Alberti, Fiorini and Ceccoli.

Game 1 v Portugal

We started slowly allowing Portugal to hit us within 10 minutes to put us on the back foot right away. However, experienced front man come Seconde Striker, Mularoni, knocked in a great one two to break the defensive line to level things at 1 apiece. The game stayed locked in the stalemate to round out a fairly entertaining opening fixture for the tournament.

The US beat Algeria 4-1 to put them in a good early position.

San Marino 1 - 1 Portugal

Scorers: Mularoni (21)

Game 2 v USA

A fairly lackluster affair. It ended in a stale 0-0 game, but set us in a good position to qualify should we beat Algeria, which was likely.

Algeria beat Portugal 3-0, which was surprising to everyone but did a lot for the US, who managed the draw, meaning all they needed was a favorable result. For us it meant that we needed a win to progress against a surprisingly plucky Algerian side.

San Marino 0 - 0 USA

Scorers: N/A

Game 3 v Algeria

A much more balanced game than I would of liked, Algeria really put in a good fight and held the game scoreless until half time. Ultimately, we broke them down through Bacciocchi who headed home on a corner, before Mularoni hit a second, for both himself in the tournament and the second for the team to take out a 2-0 win.

Portugal defeated the US 3-0, which based on head to head results, put them on the wrong side, and the Portuguese hosts progress through to the second round in second, behind ourselves.

San Marino 2 - 0 Algeria

Scorers: Bacciocchi (47), Mularoni (57)

Game 4 Semi Final v Colombia (10)

What I thought would be a much tighter match proved otherwise, as we got our full contingent back into the mix. Stefanelli was back form injury and proved why he is so important with a goal either sandwiched between Ceccoli and Vannucci. Felici opened proceedings however, with another wonderful header 27 minutes in. At 4-0, we lapsed in the final moments and Colombia managed a consolation goal to bring the final scored to 4-1, however heading into the final, we look very strong, with a pretty solid starting XI being fit, we have a very good chance.

Spain v Portugal made up the other Semi Final, with a rematch verse the hosts looming. Portugal had a penalty opportunity, however Spain was up to the task and saved it. Momentum then swugn an Manuel was able to hit what would become the winner in the 54th minute. A 1-0 result would see us face Spain in the final.

San Marino 4 - 1 Colombia

Scorers: Felici (27), Ceccoli (48), Stefanelli (54), Vannucci (87)

Game 5 Final v Spain (1)

Spain are currently number 1 in the world, whilst we are sitting at 5th. Roales, the young midfielder who plies his trade in Italy for us on the club stage, is sitting out the final due to an injury. Though this give us a better chance in the Final, it does not bode well for us at the club should the injury prove long term or serious. At the moment, he looks to be out for only 1 month at the moment.

The match was intense from start to finish with both sides having chances at either end. Both keepers had a sensational game, saving everything that came their way, including 2 clear cut chances that Canini got finger tips to. The game went in to half time at 0-0 and despite Spain's best efforts, it was actually San Marino who had the best chance, having a shot hit the post off a deflection, only for the rebound to be blasted well wide despite an open goal. The match was pretty even, though Spain were the slightly better side

R8YoUeR.jpg

We went into extra time, and despite the Spaniards being the fitter and slightly more dominant team, Zafferani used his pace to split the defense through some deft passing in the build up to slot home and make it 1-0.

The first half came and went, and we looked fairly solid at this stage, until a lapse from our back pairing, cause Spain to find room whilst playing against the offside trap. There was nothing the keeper could do one on one ad at 111 minutes Spain made it 1-1!

The match ended and Penalties it was to be

AweaVck.jpg

As the penalties began, both sides looked shaky. Their first shoot ricocheted off Canini into the net, while our first three all seemed to be within inches of the glove, one seemingly getting a tip into the net. When Gonzalez stepped up, both keepers had done very well without having saved a shot, so when the Spaniard drilled it straight, Canini made no mistake and palmed it away brilliantly. It was fitting to then have the Captain, and wise old head, Dini step up for the winning kick, blasting it into the top left hand corner.

An even contest fought out in unfair circumstances, but I was happy that we came out on top!

RjB1Oxp.jpg

San Marino 1(5) - 1(4) Spain

Scorers: Zafferani (93)

Really struggling in the league.

last 11 games have resulted in 1 win 10 losses and the board have told me I need 6 points in my next 5 games... but that was 3 losses ago. Not sure where to go tactically, just playing a basic defensive 4-4-2. Any suggestions? I seem to mainly be conceding from crosses and not creating many chances. Feels very different from LLM in England.

How are the bugs in fm16 at the moment.

I started an attempt not too long ago and got a too quick promotion to serie A and now I'm being destroyed every match (resigned from NT job because that is futile at the start, arranged a friendly vs Bhutan and couldn't even win that). Now I'm not sure to carry on or move it to fm16.

There are obviously bugs Quacky, but I think for the 1st time ever with the original game, I personally haven't seen a bug that ruins my game.

As for the ME U would say it's VERY responsive, so when you are tweaking things, be sure to just tweak things one little bit at a time so you know if it has worked or not. Swapping from 1 tactic or formation to a completely tactic or formation is not the best way to go.

Really struggling in the league.

last 11 games have resulted in 1 win 10 losses and the board have told me I need 6 points in my next 5 games... but that was 3 losses ago. Not sure where to go tactically, just playing a basic defensive 4-4-2. Any suggestions? I seem to mainly be conceding from crosses and not creating many chances. Feels very different from LLM in England.

Maybe just have a peek in the T&TGF at some of the stickied threads.

When I am struggling I tend to really slow things down and micr-manage absolutely every little thing until we turn the corner. I took just 1 point from a possible 18 at the start of the challenge and I really just took a step bag, slowed down and seriously thought about everything I did. #

Big hint. Look at both set-piece instructions, (attacking and defending), think about what should work in real life, (not what has worked in previous issues of FM), and then see if it works in the game.

Now here's something that no one has brought up yet I don't think. I think it's fair to say the state of San Marinos finance is horrific, anyone having any issues from this?

I'm sat in mid table at the end of January with a balance of 200k. Is there anything that we can really do about this?

Now here's something that no one has brought up yet I don't think. I think it's fair to say the state of San Marinos finance is horrific, anyone having any issues from this?

I'm sat in mid table at the end of January with a balance of 200k. Is there anything that we can really do about this?

My plan is to just ignore it.

The board are not going to blame the financial position on you just so long as you stay within your budgets. Just ignore it and if you do well then the finances will sort themselves, and if you do poorly then you are going to get sacked anyway.

I have already had a bid received in the amount of £100k rising to £250k + 50% of re-sale value, (so there is certainly money to be made in the transfer market), but the moment it is more like a bottomless pit so there seems little reason to worry.

My board put £400k into the club to balance my finances at the end of my first season. My memory of FM2015 is that they had to keep doing this all the time we were in Serie C and then once we were in Serie B we were able to start making a profit and investing in the youth setup.

Ive never bothered with finances, so you bringing this up has caused me to check. Its not very pretty, that much I will say. Im £11,500 under my wage budget, so its not like IM pushing the extremes, but Im nearly £1,000,000 in the red. Oops.

My chairman is now down to 'enjoying life at the club' so I expect a takeover shortly!

San Marino - Lega Pro Girone B - Season 1 (2017/2018)

August-September Update

Cup

QcpIG7l.jpg

Never worried. Board doesn't care. I didn't care. Experimented a bit with tactics.

League

xoq5YEF.jpg

Unlucky in the first 2 games, did quite well but our opponents were superior.

Smashed Ancona, should have scored more.

Destroyed by Virtus Lanciano (predicted 1st), could have lost 5-0.

Grabbed a very hard fought win against Lupa Castelli Romani.

wiVpPHy.jpg

San Marino goal of the Month award goes to...

[video=youtube;r8WUaSBeQTU]

San Marino national team

Rank on Oct 01, 2017 - 203rd (+1)

8p7Qp66.jpg

Destroyed by Germany (ranked 1st), 0 shots.

Not so destroyed at all against N.Ireland (though they had more shots), 5 shots (0 on target) for us.

I never normally look at finances either but I am in October 2018 and we are £900k in the red, even though I am only spending £24k of our £40k wage budget and I have sold players for £121k this transfer window.

On the owner status it says he will never leave the club of his own volition, I thought something must been not quite right though when he rejects requests from me like sending my for my coaching badge courses and menial other requests.

I find finances always bleed in Serie C and B. Mainly because there a ground costs and wages that just cannot be covered by the ticket fee and shirt sales, as there is not TV revenue coming in.

I have found in my previous 2 runs with this challenge, that a quick but steady climb saves face the most. Too fast and you get pummeled in the Serie A, too slow and you can go bankrupt and have points deducted (This has happened to me once before).

As long as you are under your budgets, the club wont point the finger at you and you should be safe.

Edit

Speaking of which, my merchandise sales for the season amounted to £32.05m

Maybe just have a peek in the T&TGF at some of the stickied threads.

Good advice. I ended up rereading all of pairs and combinations and created a new 5-3-2 tactic. That got us a couple more results at the end of the season and kept us in 17th place. I then went on to win both relegation play-off matches 1-0 :D

The next season looks much more promising, with some decent CBs and Strikers signed (weakest positions last year) and my strong CM players sticking around. Not going to underestimate the quality of the league again.

FM14 - Season 2040-41

For the first time this season, we had success with our youth teams - Winning the U19 Group 1 League and the U19 Cup.

I have never really had much emphasis on the Youth Team, so it was good to see them play well and win something. I noticed they also made the Semi's of the U19 Champions League, so this is clearly a pretty decent batch of youngsters, even though my youth intakes of late have not been stellar.

I will be watching them a bit more closely this year to see if there are any that we can pluck out and put into the first team or the national team.

Speaking of which, 19 year old Cecchetti has decided to represent us in the latest round of qualifiers - Happy Days :)

FM 16 - San Marino - Season 2

Well its fair to say the initial squad isn't that fantastic compared to everyone else's! Fell flat on the last day and had to go through the terror of the relegation play offs, but fortunately we were able to go through as the highest seeded after two score draws. After this and the fact that I'm on a 12 game streak of not winning at all, it seems time to look back to the tactics. Now in order to cover up for the complete and utter lack of quality I was able to draft in throughout the season I'd been playing with 2 CDM's. Not ideal I know. So this season I've decided to start of with a far more attacking, possession based 4-1-2-3 and got the players to suit it. Recruitment was a great success with 10 players joining the club and about the same leaving as surplus to requirements.

Started off with a bang, 2 wins and a draw from the 1st 3 games puts us in a strong place. Its a wonder what some quality can do as well as a bit of confidence! Its best not to even talk about the finances......-547k cough cough. Either way I'm hoping this season that we can look for around and 7th-8th place finish and use this core of players to build for a promotion next season. Its certainly a fun challenge!!!

FM14 - Season 2040-41

For the first time this season, we had success with our youth teams - Winning the U19 Group 1 League and the U19 Cup.

I have never really had much emphasis on the Youth Team, so it was good to see them play well and win something. I noticed they also made the Semi's of the U19 Champions League, so this is clearly a pretty decent batch of youngsters, even though my youth intakes of late have not been stellar.

I will be watching them a bit more closely this year to see if there are any that we can pluck out and put into the first team or the national team.

Speaking of which, 19 year old Cecchetti has decided to represent us in the latest round of qualifiers - Happy Days :)

Wow! :eek:

It was one of my targets to win this as soon as possible in the challenge to such an extent that I actually played the Youth Cup games myself.

Youth League.

Actually..... it wasn't as early as I thought, (having just loaded the game up). We were 3rd in 2029 but didn't actually win the Youth League until 2033.

We then won it on 10 of the following 12 seasons, finishing Runners Up on the other 2 occasions.

U19's Cup.

We first won the U19's Cup in 2029, and then won it on 11 occasions over the next 16 years.

Youth Club Invitational.

We first won the Youth Club Invitational in 2027, (after finishing Runners Up the previous season), and then went on to win it on 4 more occasions over the following 13 years. This was a competition I found hard to win regularly because the Quarters and Semi's come right in the middle of a really hectic schedule, and I think there is an advantage to non-Italian club sides, (or at least non-active structure sides).

U19's Champions League.

We didn't win the U19's Champions League until 2036, (I can remember being well chuffed), but then we won it on 4 of the last years of the save as we became quite dominant at that level.

U20 Copa Libertadores.

ON 1 single occasion we were invited to participate in the U20 Copa Libertadores, (one non-South American team is invited every season), but unfortunately it was in 2025 and although we got to the Semi's, (and finished 3rd), it was too early in our development for us to win it. I always hoped we would get another invite, but it never came. (The one that got away).

You did quite a lot at youth level Jimbokav.... I never really focused on it much, and I kind of forgot about it at the start of this season too, but I might try and pick it up as well to see how I can go at this level. Might help in making stronger players for the national team...

Did you find you had better Sammarense youths when you took control of the under 19s?

Brilliant. Thank you.

Has anyone tried this? How does it work with the guidelines that we have set up for San Marino in Italy? Are they compatible?

[Edit]

If so I will add it to the opening posts.

I don't think it should be an issue, it's always been allowed to use the league in the previous editions of the challenge. :)

Made some slight updates to the database, newest version can be found here.

Draycott - My finances are similar. In fact they're so bad that when I had a couple of deadline day offers of over £100k for youth players I didn't bother selling them because we'd still be in the red. But last year it took me 6 years to get my first promotion and we were continually losing money but we never saw any ill effects.

We seem to have come back from our summer break about three weeks earlier than I chose went we broke up, I think because our league position meant we got a place in the Coppa Italia so our competitive fixtures started early. Won away to Avellino in our first match and then were knocked out by Carpi. Unfortunately the cup isn't really a money spinner unless you can get through to face one of the big teams from Serie A.

Ready to start the season properly this evening, not made too many changes, signed a new centre back but other than that it will more be a case of bringing through some of the youngsters I signed last summer.

Draycott - My finances are similar. In fact they're so bad that when I had a couple of deadline day offers of over £100k for youth players I didn't bother selling them because we'd still be in the red. But last year it took me 6 years to get my first promotion and we were continually losing money but we never saw any ill effects.

We seem to have come back from our summer break about three weeks earlier than I chose went we broke up, I think because our league position meant we got a place in the Coppa Italia so our competitive fixtures started early. Won away to Avellino in our first match and then were knocked out by Carpi. Unfortunately the cup isn't really a money spinner unless you can get through to face one of the big teams from Serie A.

Ready to start the season properly this evening, not made too many changes, signed a new centre back but other than that it will more be a case of bringing through some of the youngsters I signed last summer.

Yeah that's what I'm getting from most people. As someone said previously the owner will pump some money in to help with running cost which is something that's started occurring with me. Guess its just a long hard slog to the land of TV money.

FM16 - San Marino - Season 2 Winter Break

So after the players really getting used to each other for the 1st half of the season I've started to see some real promise. The tactics used are providing some entertaining stuff with us having similar chances and amounts to the opposing teams. We still linger down in 13th but the fact we're now holding our own playing some attacking football was the real aim this year as well as avoid a relegation battle. Player quality is ever improving although I'm not sure that my player loyalty will be going anytime soon!

Short Term Aim: Finish off 2nd season finishing above relegation play offs.

Improve quality of midfield.

Get a leader in the team - To many times we'll go goals up and panic.

I appear to have rather stupidly ended up with my 2 starting centre backs both having 4 for concentration, which is leading to some pretty dozy defending!

Started the league WXXLLW, but we absolutely battered the opposition in both draws and missed loads of chances (Although we did ship 5 against Grosseto in one of the losses). So problems in front of both goals, but everything else is going quite well, still I'm worried that I might have to downgrade my hopes of making the playoffs and settle for another top half finish.

I cant believe this. Im about to play the most important game of my whole season and its been scheduled between 2 international games. Two key players are away on international (including my keeper) and also 2 back ups.

Im going to screw if I lose this

I cant believe this. Im about to play the most important game of my whole season and its been scheduled between 2 international games. Two key players are away on international (including my keeper) and also 2 back ups.

Isn't that just always the way! What month was this? I've had it at the start of the season but its never really inconvenienced me the rest of the time with only my 2nd choice left back missing sometimes

FM16 - San Marino - Season 2 Final games

Well this turned out better than I'd actually expected it too. My goal of avoiding the relegation playoffs and ending mid table were successful all season as I was only in them spots for two game weeks all season, we even managed to threaten the top 4! This came about after only conceding 1 goal in 5 games which is always handy and beating the top 3 in the league all at the same time, so positives for sure.

In terms of squad depth we now have a team fully rated for Serie C at long last, although again I feel that teams went through my midfield way to easy. Signing of the season was big Seco at the back. Funnily enough my run of clean sheets came about when he came into the team, coincidence I think not. It makes a hell of a difference from having to play a left back at CB that's for sure.

A lot of contracts expire this time around so this should give me a lot of room to add that quality for a playoff push this season, with the 1st team already tied down to new deals.

Short Term Aim: Finish last two games of season, finishing as high as possible. Currently 9th, Possible 7th.

Improve quality of midfield STILL

Get a leader in the team - Still required, but less so with a solid defence in front of the goal.

Next season: Top 8 all season long and look for playoffs.

Side note - Im way too into this challenge.

Season 2018/2019 Review

League Table

It looks good, but the truth is we blew it. We were 5-3 up vs Lanciano with half an hour to play and we drew 5-5. That would have put us 2 points behind them, which at the time we could have really pushed them. By the time the last 2 games came along they had won the league and I was resigned to the playoffs. I threw a few youngsters in for those 2 games to see how they fared.

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

We were fantastic all season really. Very consistent and clearly improved in defence. The playoffs couldnt have gone better. I felt quietly confident when I was drawn against Carrarese. We really battered them away from home just a few weeks previous. We didnt really show up thoughand if it werent for them missing their 4th and 5th penalty in the shootout it could have been very different. We had already missed our 2nd penalty and i feared the worst.

Benevento just werent at the races in either game. We scored within the 1st minute in both legs and controlled both games perfectly. The scorline was not flattering in the slightest.

The final is played over 2 legs. The first leg we were very poor in the first half and went in at half time trailing 1-0. We played much better in the second half and managed to win 2-1.

Then came the controversy. The 2nd leg was between 2 INT matches. We lost our GK, RM and 2 back ups. I was so mad I only watched the key highlights of the game. They didnt have a clear chance come up throughout the whole game and we strolled to a 1-0 victory.

Promotion was ours!

I was also named as Manager of the Year

End of Season Awards

I had to go back and watch the goal because I couldnt remember it :lol:. We dont tend to score many 'great' goals. (By that I mean 30 yard screamers, I watch some goals and think wow that was good, but FM doesnt recognise them as goal of the month contenders :rolleyes:)

Other than that the awards are fair. I may as well mention Marc Jaouen now. He wouldnt sign a new contract and signed a pre-contract agreement with Frosinone in the January. They will be in the Serie A next year so good luck to him. However my problem is replacing the 44 goals he was involved in. He also won the Young Top Goalscorer Award, Young Player of the Year, Player of the Year, and by virtue of playing time was runner up in the Top Goalscorer Award. He was also named in the Team of the Year

Youth Intake

Another solid intake. Michele Valentini is the pick of the bunch. He is DN but has already accepted a call up from the NT :thup:

National Team

Nothing of note really happened with the National Team over the last year. Ill do a seperate update when something worth writing about happens!

Aims for next year

- Not be embarrassed

- Convince the board to give me a new contract!

Congrats on the promotion Dan, I reached the New Year in 5th Place last night having only lost once in our last twelve matches, so with a bit of luck maybe I can join you in Serie B.

How do your estimated finances look now? I know there isn't a ton of TV money in Serie B, but there is a bit I think and presumably attendances should go up.

Gents, I'm looking to start this challenge and having read the OP, I have a simple question.

Why is small database the recommended option rather than large?

Cheers,

Speaking from personal experience, a small database means a much more active transfer market due to there being less players for teams to go in for

It is of course personal preference though

Thanks for the reply, ended up reading the rest of the thread and its makes a lot more sense now! My laptop will probably only be able to support a small database anyway.

Have others managed to get San Marino in the first season?

Thanks for the reply, ended up reading the rest of the thread and its makes a lot more sense now! My laptop will probably only be able to support a small database anyway.

Have others managed to get San Marino in the first season?

Not without editing the reputations of either Parma or SM. Parma's rep is so high they come up 95% of the time. I tried twice before deciding it wasn't worth it and holidaying another year!

Not without editing the reputations of either Parma or SM. Parma's rep is so high they come up 95% of the time. I tried twice before deciding it wasn't worth it and holidaying another year!

I've spent 5 hours on the Dafuge challenge without success of getting the team I want, and I'm approaching my second hour of this, I'm losing the plot!

Just starting out on this - my top rated strikers not interested in signing a new contract. Crikey it's quite a young squad.

Well 2 league games played lost both 0-1 so at least no poundings so far!

Famous last words

P4 L4 F1 A 8

Just looked at the squad I have - a strong argument against not making transfers at 3 am!

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2018/19 Season Review

Lega Pro Girone B Table

Lega%20Pro%20Girone%20B%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Lega Pro Girone B Player Stats

Lega%20Pro%20Girone%20B%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%202_1.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Player Of The Season

Guido Turano

Guido%20Turano%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Andrea Brighenti

Andrea%20Brighenti%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

Finances

Finances%20end%20of%20season%202.jpg

My Thoughts

I am very happy that we were champions this season even, though it was a hard fought victory for us as Pisa pushed us all season and in the end we were just about good enough to take the title. Andrea Brighenti was a massive part in us becoming champions, we went from a team that couldn't score last season to a team that was far and away the leagues highest scorers and Brighenti's 31 league goals were huge for us.

Even though Andrea Brighenti was not only our top goalscorer he was the Lega Pro Girone B top goalscorer but I am still going to give the player of the season award to Guido Turano for the second year in a row. With our change of formation to a 5-1-2-2 DM WB, he was allowed to get further forward much more often and was a constant menace down the right, creating 9 assists and scoring 3 goals, not too bad for a wing back.

After reading the league rules for Serie B, you can only name a maximum of 18 or over 21 players in the squad so it's going to be very tough. I think we'll probably have to go down the loan market route and sign as many as we can from Serie A sides, thats if they want to come to us.

This isn't happening to me because most of my 1st team are regular International players, (at various levels), so I always get the option to postpone my games because I have loads missing.

Archived