SI Forums on Tapatalk please

Its a real pain in the butt to read the forums on a smartphone. After reading a thread the page goes all the way back to the top...necessitating a long finger-sprint through the stickies and the read threads.

The solution? Tapatalk. Software designed to make forums easy to navigate on a smartphone. And its free and loaded with many other excellent forums.

SI....would you please take this suggestion into consideration?

Sure this was suggested in a thread years and years ago. Can probably find it with a search. I'm sure they said back then they were looking to update the forum software, and they did on this platform. Maybe they evaluated the new system and didn't like it, or maybe they just haven't bothered. It's been put on the table before though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like it on Tapatalk as it would be easier to access but that's just me being too lazy to go on chrome and create a bookmark. Would be awesome on tapatalk as I use it a lot but wouldn't stop me using the forum if it wasn't made compatible.

• 6 months later...

One great benefit of tapatalk is that you can have access to all your forums in one centralized place. And the text size is easily readable without lots of fidgeting around. There is no downside to SI making its forums available on tapatalk.

• 1 month later...

Just had a search for this very topic.

I use Tapatalk to view and comment on several forums, it is so much easier than having to use websites on desktop or phones.
Having all your forum feeds in one place is amazing and such a time saver and in general more user friendly.

Reason I don't participate in forums so much is because it is a pain but since using Tapatalk it is much easier and more efficient.
I hope SI bring this at some point.

• 8 months later...

Agreed and the popularity will increase too giving FM a bit more visibility and make the community a more vibrant and active place with less stale threads lying about all over the place! I have wanted this implemented since 2012 when I first started using Tapatalk (maybe earlier) so please consider! Would it really harm the SI servers??

• Administrators

There's no plans to add Tapatalk functionality at this time, and there isn't a version I believe compatible with the latest version of Invision Power Board anyway. We feel like the mobile site works well as is, but appreciate people do want it and will take the request into consideration.

Thanks. 

Archived