Lines and Diamonds: The Tactician's Handbook for Football Manager 2015

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24.2.2018 at 15:59, summatsupeer said:

Team shape and how it combines with duty is the only mechanic out of date.

I'm interested as to exactly what you mean here. Is there something I've missed?

I've continued to use THOG's descriptions of Team Shape for the last 3 editions in order to inform which one I should select. Of course there's no definitive guide, but his descriptions are the closest thing you can get to a troubleshooter when you know how you want to play but you're not sure which Team Shape setting complimets what you're trying to achieve.

As a further point, I don't think it matters if subtle mechanics change from edition to edition, this handbook is still more than relevant and contains all the information you need to build a tactic that adheres to certain principles - even if those principles are simple. THOG said it best in his intro: it's intended more as a reference than a guide to soak in during a few sittings.

Edited by felley

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this guide has just team shape outdated, I think also the team instructions, as I can see the difference using the exploit shouts make in game on the individual mentality bar, so using for example the exploit left flank, increase the mentality for full backs and wingback but doesn't decrease anything for the middle position or right position, unless something under the hood is happening. That TBH would make me really confused, the description are so superficial in game

Edited by zemaniano85

• 2 years later...

This was an amazing read and soo helpful, im currently on my Swansea save and I mostly use a 4-4-1-1 for the balance and the cover but I still concede a lot of goals and there is almost no rhythm to the team going forward or plan 

this is my tactic and instructionS

3BF9163F-9287-4747-8F60-0CEFDC337583.jpeg

6AFB52EF-A0E3-4855-9605-824CF06284AA.jpeg

• 2 years later...