How does FM perform on a MacBook Air?

I'm on the verge of getting a new laptop to replace my 2009 Macbook Pro. I've always had problems playing FM on my current laptop as it starts getting really hot while playing, the fan starts whiring loudly and it makes for an uncomfortable experience.

I'm looking at getting this Macbook Air http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-mac/macbook-air?product=MD761B/B&step=config# but I wanted to ask to see how FM performs on this computer. I don't want to experience the same hot laptop, loud fan noises and a sluggish experience.

If you've played FM on a Macbook Air, how does it perform? And is the standard configuration effective for reducing the noise or do I need to go for a better processor and more RAM?

Thanks,

If you are getting a MacBook Air, don't expect it to be fantastic at gaming.

You'll still get a hot laptop and a sluggish experience, but the loud fan noises will be gone.

I would suggest computer by Dell HP or Lenovo.

Completely agree! For that price you could have a great laptop or monster desktop for gaming.

MacBook Air's are more fashion statements than powerful machines, much like the iPhone is to the phone market, there are better options out there but some people like to pay a premium for a certain product for whatever reason. Personally I have an iPhone and will likely continue to buy them, I love 'em and can't see myself switching brands for many years yet :p

Whatever your reason for wanting one though, a MacBook Air is not good for gaming, and for the price of the Air you could invest in a top notch gaming laptop.

I play on my Macbook Air and it's absolutely fine. Just don't expect it to run well with all the settings maxed out.

I have everything on medium or good when it comes to settings (But I remove weather, fans and ground from graphics) and it works perfectly.

Archived