One Day We'll Basque in Glory II

B.W.G

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raware - Underestimating an opposition is a very dangerous game as whoever we have faced found out!

john1 - I would be surprised but we still have over half the season to go so things can change!

Dexter_Morgan - It looks superb but as recent form shows (including December),I have won one of the last five league games as the others have been draws!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - December 2016

Fixtures

b01f15dd-de60-4a47-be83-40f5775bfa6c_zpsef54392d.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps777dfccf.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we certainly gave it a right go against At.Madrid and we even somehow won the 1st leg 2-1,they had more shots and more possession but we held on.As for the second leg,we lost 2-0 which meant we went out but no complaints about the loss as they were the better team but things could have gone differently as Talledo missed a penalty in the 6th minute and At.Madrid never looked back after that,certainly a improvement on last seasons 6-1 aggregate loss!As for the league,we picked up wo points but we have been dropping points more frequently.The game against Ponferradina saw us squander chance after chance as our finishing let us down,the Gimnastic game was a back and forth game between the two biggest overachievers,it was pretty even all over the pitch and was definitely worth the money to watch the game.

For January,we play five games as we face off against Sabadell,Mirandes,Las Palmas,Barcelona B and Recreativo.Sabadell are not doing too badly in 9th and are just outside the playoffs so it will be a very tough game for us.Mirandes on the other hand have not won a game all season and hopefully we won't be the first victims to lose to them this season so I cannot take them lightly.Las Palmas and Barcelona are very tough teams so it will be difficult but if we play to our best then we can win!As for Recreativo,we are away from home so I at least want a draw from that game as it is an easier match than the two before it!My aim would be seven points to keep the pressure at the top,however four points would be enough as that pretty much guarantees us survival!

john1 - We did,give it five or six seasons and we will beat them overall!The gap between us and Sporting is now seven points and that's with me dropping five points in Janaury!

deltablue - Don't know why I was worried :D

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - January 2017

Fixtures

07781b60-43e6-463b-8861-fbb3b700409f_zps449b9de4.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpseb832401.png

Manager's Thought's

Well we started the month of brilliantly as we recorded victories over Sabadell,Mirandes and Las Palmas.The Sabadell game was one where we were second best throughout the game but we still came out with victory thanks to a fantastic defensive performance,Mirandes game was very one sided and by all rights we should have won by more than three goals against the team without a win!The Las Palmas game was one for the neutrals as a good display of football,back and forth action and goals galore made this a game for the fans.The point against Barcelona B was undeserved as they were by far the better team,we took the lead through an own goal and we felt the need to repay them as Kolo scored an own goal to give Barcelona B an equalizer.The loss to Recreativo will give me a better view to how the team reacts to a loss such as this as we were by far the better team but squandered our chances,hopefully the players will respond well.

February sees us play four league games as we face off against Cadiz,Valladolid,Lugo and Eibar.Cadiz are struggling in the relegation zones so I want three points from that match,Valladolid will be a very tough game as they are just outside the playoffs and I also want revenge for the defeat earlier in the season.Lugo are in a similar position to Cadiz but with being away from home,they will have the majority of the support but I believe we can get something from the game.Eibar seem to be slightly better than Cadiz and Lugo so I think we can get a win there but we will need to play to our best as we cannot afford to underestimate anyone,especially as we have to play the bigger teams in the league.My aim is seven points as that will keep us top of the league.

Hulk smash is for mainly the home fixtures and the weaker teams away from home.Falcon Punch is for the tougher teams and mainly away from home due to the use of a DM.

If I was short on quality strikers before,now I am really in trouble...

b8e7f28b-0154-4d52-aaba-e7ac075cf426_zpsd42da2d2.png

Zaradona is the second best striker at the club as well!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - February 2017

Fixtures

6bc44d1b-a89c-492b-be68-6e145d3c2528_zpsd713173a.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps03fa648f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well the month can be split into two halves,the terrible half and the brilliant half.For the terrible half,we dropped two points against Cadiz in which defensive mistakes cost us the game which was rather annoying as the attacking force was trying to go all out but the defence looked like they couldn't be bothered.As for the Valladolid game,we didn't actually start trying till about the 65th minute when we were already 3-0 down so the players for a rocket up the ass after that performance.I can be honest with the Lugo game,8-0 actually flattered Lugo as we had 33 shots and 62% of the possession with Talledo netting six!We were the better team against Eibar so we deserved the win but I do have some sympathy for them as they lost three players in the game due to injury.We now have a six point lead which isn't a lot considering some of our form as been patchy as of late but we are still top!

March brings us the most important thing,the youth intake and I would love to see us get a couple of strikers as we are really lacking in that area,other options I'd take would be a goalkeeper,some natural wingers and a right back,that is my wishlist for the next few seasons!As for league games,we play four but none more important than the very first game of the month,in the first game of the month we have a top of the table clash with Sporting who are one of our nearest challengers,we have the home advantage so I do hope the fans will turn up.The other three games sees us play Alcorcon,Numancia and Alaves.Alcorcon are fighting against relegation so it should be a good game as both teams have something to fight for,Numancia and Alaves are both in mid-table but both could pose a threat so we need to be at our best if we are to get something out of these games.My aim is five points but I really do want to beat Sporting!

Hulk smash is for mainly the home fixtures and the weaker teams away from home.Falcon Punch is for the tougher teams and mainly away from home due to the use of a DM.

I also use Hulk smash in my Atletico save and im flying :)

Im cheering for you on the stands at the home game against Sporting ;):) i bought a ticket, cause its probably gonna be a cracker :D

Dexter_Morgan - The way we have played,it will be a pretty close finish!

john1 - It was a combination of us being impressive and them being beyond terrible!Here is the screenshot of Talledo...

MikelTalledo_OverviewProfile_zps9bcd6ecf.png

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - Youth Intake 2017

Intake

GernikaClubYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpse6dabc28.png

Hot Prospects

Andoni Alonso - Report

Erik Merino - Report

Jonathan Karanka - Report

Manager's Thoughts

Three really good prospects in Alsonso,Merino and Karanka,there were also a few other with high potential but will need a lot more training if they are to reach their maximum potential.Karanka will be the number two keeper as he is better than the current number two keeper but he is not better than Diez who is the number one but could be better than him in the long run.Merino is a natural at right back and centre back,he is currently second choice for the right back position and third choice for centre back position so he will be getting frequent game time which will be mainly be at right back as he is better than who I'm playing there.Alonso is the 2nd best striker at the club after Talledo but I think Alonso will be better in the long run,he will get be getting a lot of game time with Zaradona being out till July at the earliest.Alonso will also cause be a bit of trouble with confusion as I have a midfielder also called Andoni Alonso!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - March 2017

Fixtures

837dc3f3-193f-4b89-a3a3-2b346629a982_zps379a8b10.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zps204bb685.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well if there is anything to say about March then it looks like we are trying to throw all our previous hardwork away as the lead has decreased to four points.The game against Sporting was a fair result as both teams were as good as each other and it was a close match so no complaints.The draw against Alcorcon was rather annoying as stupid errors in defence and missed chances meant we missed a chance to win despite being the better team.Another even game against Numancia but we managed to find a winner thanks to a late goal from Talledo in a game which saw us go 2-0 down!Everything about the game against Alaves will contain the word poor,poor keeping,poor defending,poor finishing and poor performance,was very disappointed in that game as our lead shrank to 4 points.

For April,we will need a much better month as we are coming very close to choking with regards to the title.We will play five games as we face off against Tenerife,getafe,Zaragoza,Jaen and Osasuna.We really need to step it up as our performances so far have been slipping since the second half of the season started and now we are feeling the pressure.We have home times against Getafe and Jaen in which we must get something out of.As for the away fixutres,we should get something out of the Tenerife and Zaragoza games as they have not been doing greatly themselves as for Osasuna,they are just outside the playoffs so it will be a very tough confrontation and we cannot really afford to slip up anymore as the gap is getting smaller.My aim for this month is a minimum of eight points from the five games!

Superb youth intakes there :thup: I think you should name Andoni Alonso Mk II :D

It was another good intake but if I do my 1 out 5 poor intakes (which usually happens) then one of the next two will be rather poor!He can stay as Andoni Alonso,hopefully we can have a defender and keeper called Andoni Alonso so I can have a full set :D

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - April 2017

Fixtures

b0fe9db2-f4be-4754-a17d-45d015a85207_zpsd728c74e.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsa11c51b5.png

Manager's Thoughts

I honestly thought eleven points was a good haul from five games but no,Sporting managed to pick up thirteen points from the same amount of games which saw the gap shrink to just two points!We started off the month with a comfortable win over Tenerife and we followed that up with a disappointing draw which saw us blow the lead twice in which I can clearly say that we blew two points as we were better than Getafe for most of it.The Zaragoza game was more of an annoyance as they were playing for a draw as we found it hard to break them down.The game against Jaen was our best performance for a couple of months in which we ran out 6-1 winners in a game which saw Merino and Alonso net their first goal for the clubs which is always a positive sign.The game against Osasuna was a case of a point gained rather than two lost as they were the better side so I have no complaints from that one!

With five games left to play,I will be updating for May and June in one go.May brings us four games in which we face off against Espanyol,Ponferradina,Gimnastic and Sabadell,this is a pretty tough month as Espanyol are in a playoff spot and Gimnastic are chasing a playoff spot so they will give us tough games.Ponferradina and Sabadell are both in mid-table,hopefully they have already decided to go on holiday to make my life a bit more easier.With home games against Espanyol and Gimnastic,I really need to win these two games as well as the other two to ensure I stay top as Sporting are too close for comfort.As for June,we face Mirandes who have been pretty useless all season so if we don't win that then we have serious problems!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - May/June 2017

Fixtures

eb60caff-470b-4586-8bee-a88e53b4ec9e_zps2dcca983.png

League Table

LigaAdelante_OverviewStages_zpsebc9e8f4.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we did it and we did also make it hard on ourselves.We won 4-2 at Espanyol and we were really helped as they had a player sent off in the 13th minute and even then we were 2-1 down at half time but we were faultless in the second half as we took advantage of having more players.The loss to Ponferradina,I really have no explanation for as we were totally outclassed in every department.The Gimnastic game was one of those you show to the neutrals as it was a fantastic game to watch unless you supported one of those clubs as it was kind of nervy,Salutregi could not have picked a better time to end his goal drought as they helped us massively along with Talledo's late winner.Another shocking defeat at the hands of Sabadell as we were the better team in terms of possession but very poor finishing and defending led to the loss.The Mirandes game was really easy and we really should have finished off with a bigger win,midfielder Andoni Alonso opened the scoring and striker Andoni Alonso finished the scoring to clinch us the title.

Between the Sabadell and Mirandes games,I was offered interviews at Mallorca (relegated from Liga BBVA),Southampton (11th in Premier League),Stoke (15th in Premier League) while Sheffield Utd (15th in Championship) and Yeovil (9th in League One) offered me interviews for a second time.Quiet the variety there!

AWESOME :applause: well done. Its always strange that the most difficult games are always against lower rated teams. You keep performing well against the top teams. Maybe they are still complacent when they face you.

Good luck in La Liga!

Whats your finances like?

Regards Hugo

Well, that escalated quickly! Playing in Spain myself at the minute, I know how difficult it is to get up the leagues so to do it with 3 straight promotions is some achievement! :thup:. How many of your players have been buys and how many are youth products?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived