One Day We'll Basque in Glory II

B.W.G

Torminator - A lot of teams tended to underestimate me in the first half of the season which seems to be why we do so well at the start,my finances are actually good enough to improve the youth facilities and youth recruitment so that's always a good sign.Sorry for lack of updates,I've been rather busy for the last couple of weeks!

Deisler26 - Cheers fella :D

PO\'D - Thanks!Think I'll need every bit of luck next season.

Raware - Cheers fella :D Honestly I've not bought a single player.Before the youth intake,I was regularly playing with 7 or 8 youngsters at a time.

john1 - That's definitely not going to happen :lol:

Dexter_Morgan - Cheers fella :D Well if the predicted finances are right,we should have £27 million in the bank at the end of the 17/18 season which should give us more than enough for upgrades.

deltablue - That was my response as well!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga Adelante - End of Season 2016/17

2016/17 Transfers

Zero players in as always.Fernandez and Sanchez left on frees as they were never going to get game time as they were not good enough,even the poorer youth players were better than them.Fourteen players left on loan to help get them first team action as well as to see if they have any chance of making it with us.Needless to say I have my doubts about most of them but there is still time to prove me wrong.

Competitions

Liga Adelante

League Table

Well this was certainly a surprising season as we ran out title victors at our first attempt in the league,whether it was too soon to win the league is far too early to say but we'll see what happens.We were amazing in the first half of the season but the second half of the season saw us become more consistent but I am not too sure whether it was down to injuries,complacency or the opposition just stopping underestimating us.I think with us,we had a Kevin Keegan approach of scoring more than the opposition as we had the second highest amount of goals scored but our defence left a lot to be desired as we were pretty much mid-table if it was based on defence but I feel they will improve in the future.There is one thing that will stand for a long time,we set a new record for biggest win as we beat Lugo 8-0!Hopefully we will never have to see this division again.

Copa del Rey

4th Round

My thoughts are along the lines of I hate Atletico Madrid.We easily beat Lugo in the 2nd round as we recorded a 3-0 victory.The 3rd round saw us face Ponferradina,this was a very close game which was eventually settled by a Talledo goal as we ran out 3-1 victors but it was a nervy affair.The 4th round put us up against Atletico Madrid for the 2nd successive season,we actually won the first leg 2-1 which was a massive result,the second leg saw us succumb to defeat as they proved their better ability as they won 2-0,the turning point was Talledo missing a penalty in the 6th minute of the second leg,if we'd score that then it would have been a different game.We'll get past Atletico Madrid in the Copa del Rey one day!

Player's Stats and Awards

Best XI - Overall Best XI

Key Players

Mikel Talledo - Fans Player of the Year - Maximo Goleador del ano

45 Appearances,36 Goals,9 Assists,7.18 Avg Rating

Andoni Alonso

44 Appearances,5 Goals,15 Assists,7.18 Avg Rating

Gaizka Sola

39 Appearances,0 Goals,13 Assists,7.26 Avg Rating

Manager's Thoughts

Well this was a definitely a surprising season to say the least as we won the title by a small three point margin as we clinched the title,gained promotion,gained more money and managed to start upgrading facilities at the club.The finances are in a brilliant position as we currently have £10.4 million in the bank which is projected to go up to £27 million by this time next year which is fantastic news as it means we will be able to afford more upgrades next season!This season was a bit Jekyll and Hyde as we were much better in the first half of the season as the second half saw us stumble over the finish line as we didn't secure the title to the final day but the short term future is bright as we can use the money to help improve the club.

I have already previously noted that we have improved the youth recruitment and the board have agreed to improve the youth facilities,I am also pleased to announce that the board have agreed to improve the Junior Coaching.There are no improvements to the stadium as we are not filling it up yet so a 6000 seater stadium will have to do for now,don't think we can have a new stadium till 2025 anyway as the current one was built in 2005.My contract expires next season so I hope I can get a new one as it is my desire to stay here,I am also studying for my Continental C badge so that will be helpful with regards to training the players.Roll on next season when we lock horn with the big boys of Spain!

Season       Division         League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att        Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  Trecera Division      1st         N/A           N/A           2098        Promotion!
2015/16  Segunda Division      2nd       5th Rnd         N/A           2411    Promotion via Playoff!
2016/17   Liga Adelante        1st       4th Rnd         N/A           2910        Champions!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2017/18

Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Confidence - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Seven Players left the club in which none of them were going to get first team action here as they were barely good enough to be our backups backup!

Pre-Season Fixtures

cdbfb075-2f6d-4a9c-b7ed-b8243cf9659b_zpsc94b0f6e.png

Not really much to say,the highlight was beating Athletic,the rest of the teams we faced were not up to their standards so winning 3-2 against Athletic with a slightly weakened side was very encouraging.

The Team

Tactic A - Tactic B

Key Players

Jonathan Karanka - GK

Andoni Alonso - M/AMC

Luis Artola - M/AMC

Mikel Talledo - AMC/ST

Karanka came through last season but he is better than Diez which is surprising but that means we have good strength in the goalkeeper position.Artola and Alonso are two players from our first intake and are key players in midfield and have improved massively since they first came in and both will pass the 100 appearance barrier this season.Talledo is Talledo,he is our main goal threat and has already scored 52 goals in one and half season at the club so I will be hoping for him to keep scoring if we are too survive.

Manager's Thoughts

My aims for this season are survive and make money.Surviving means I meet my first objective which helps my second objective of making money which then allows me too upgrade the facilities,coaching and recruitment which helps us in the long term!We kick off our campaign against Atletico Madrid in which we have a 1-0-3 record against,however our one win did come at home so that does give me some confidence.The Copa del Rey is something I am not too bothered about as my focus has to be on the league this season,if we do well in the Copa del Rey then we do well,if we don't then we don't.I will take a 17th place finish right now then hopefully improve from there!

Youth facilities are currently being upgraded and that will finish in November,at the end of the season I will be asking for upgrades for everything as well as asking for improvements to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment,this will help us massively for the future as our players come from the youth academy so we can improve the quality of players as well as help them reach their potential with upgrades to facilities.The most important thing for the future is my contract as nothing seems to be happening on that front so I will be asking for one as it expires at the end of the season,hopefully I can have a contract which lasts more than two seasons.The fight for survival begins right now!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - August 2017

Fixtures

a5a6585e-bd7e-4786-95e5-4bd77ba51424_zps74186972.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps7ef029c5.png

Manager's Thoughts

End the season now while we are not while we are around the mid-table positions.Not too much too say about this month as we drew both games,a late equalizer rescued a undeserved point against Atletico as they were the better side.The game against Villarreal was an annoyance as it was just mistake after mistake from both sides as we drew 3-3,Villarreal were the far better side and I am pretty relieved with a point,the weird thing was about this game was Talledo and Villarreal's Moreno both scoring in the 70th minute.Two points down,thirty eight points to go!

September brings us four games,we have a double header against Basque sides Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao while the other two fixtures sees us play Deportivo and Barcelona.I really don't see us getting anything out of the Barcelona game but I am optimistic we could sneak a result of some kind against the other three sides.Sociedad are the toughest team to face outside of Barcelona but we do have home advantage which will hopefully help.Deportivo are not a great team so I will be aiming to win that match.We beat Athletic in pre-season but that means nothing now as this is for real and we can see if we can snatch something when we face them at the San Mames.No real aims for this month as I just want as many points as possible!

The finances are looking good for the rest of the season which is brilliant.

The first three months of the season are really horrible,we have Barcelona in September,Valencia and Real Madrid both in October!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - September 2017

Fixtures

94390484-d88b-402b-99c1-c746ae111b2b_zpsd6eddf1f.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsd7740d8b.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well it was a surprising month as we picked up eight points from five games which was more than I anticipated,this month also showed our ability of scoring late goals as we scored a late goal in every game!We kicked off the month with a thrilling 3-2 victory over Sociedad with Martinez scoring a cracker to win the game.The game against Barcelona was horrendous and I don't mean our performance but the refereeing in the game,the plus side of the game was that we managed to stop Messi and Suarez scoring!We bounced back from defeat as we beat Deportivo 2-0 to record our first clean sheet,the most annoying thing about the game was the referee as there was a total of 41 fouls in the game but only two yellow cards in what was a stop-start game.We then drew then next two games in which Talledo was a hero in both games as he rescued a undeserved point against Athletic and a point against Elche in a game we should have won!Just need 30 points from 31 games and we should be safe.

October is a complete write off for us as we face Valencia,Sporting and Real Madrid.The only game I am confident we can get something from is the Sporting game and that is because we are at home so we have a slight advantage.As for the Valencia and Real Madrid games,I am writing them off now,we get anything and it is a massive bonus.On the plus side,by the end of October we would have faced all of the current top six!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - October 2017

Fixtures

4234a437-364e-474a-814b-e933dc5e16c8_zps21e0503e.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps9f260cbd.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that went as I pretty much expected,the only thing which was surprising was keeping Real Madrid down to two goals!We were not completely outclassed by Valencia but a quick fire double off Negredo condemned us to defeat.Even though we won the Sporting game,I was extremely annoyed as we raced to a 3-0 lead only to decide to stop playing properly and we barely ended up winning 3-2 but it's three points and that is all what matters!As for the Real Madrid game,the only surprising thing was losing 2-0 as they completely destroyed us,they easily could have scored eight or nine but Mikel Diez kept the score down.We are not up to 13 points so it is a case of 27 more to go from 28 games.

November start the period of easier games as we don't have to face the likes of Barcelona,Valencia or the Madrid sides.We play four games as we face off against Las Palmas,Cordoba,Sevilla and Almeria.The hardest of the games is against Cordoba who seem to be the surprise package this season as they were predicted a 15th placed finish so that will be an extremely difficult game.We have home ties against Las Palmas and Sevilla,I do believe we will be able to get something from these games as we have home advantage and we are doing pretty well at home as it is.The game against Almeria is our best chance so far of claiming a away victory as our away form as being very dodgy but I believe we can get something from the game.My aim for the month is five points but I feel we may be able to achieve more.

Well after October,we are on 13 points and still 6 ahead of the relegation zone.I am doing this save without signing anyone as I am relying on my youth academy,the average age of my team is 20 :D

Ah yes, its a youth challenge as well, i forgot. Tremendous results so far, knowing you didn't bring any players in.

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - November 2017

Fixtures

07ac911c-c05f-4458-807c-497d2987324e_zpsf36f322a.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps9c93a50a.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a remarkable month as we picked up nine points from four games and won not one but two away games which just happened to be my first two of the season!We were comfortable victors over Las Palmas and we really should have won by more than one goal but I will take it as every point counts.Cordoba were the much better team and a great defensive display was the foundation for a impressive 1-0 victory courtesy of Talledo.We then followed up with a 2-0 loss to Sevilla in which poor finishing cost us any result out of the game,was annoying but these things happen.The final game of the month saw us beat Almeria 3-1 in which a combination of poor finishing from them,brilliant defensive display and finishing as well as excellent counter attacks saw us win the game 3-1 in which Andoni Alonso (the striker) was the hero!

December is quite a busy month with us playing six games.We Kick off our Copa del Rey campaign with a double header against Segunda Division B side Racing in which we really should win both games.In the league we play Granada,Malaga and Levante in the league.All three teams are in a similar position so I am expecting things to be pretty much the same in all three games.We will probably play better against Granada and Levante as we have home advantage against both teams but the Malaga game will be more difficult as we are away and we don't tend to do as well when we play away.The other game is against Orihuela and it's a friendly for match fitness during the break so I don't care about that.From this month I want progress in the Copa del Rey and at least four points in the league.

Excellent work.

How on earth are you able to keep your best players in the club? I reckon they'd become unsettled once a famous club is interested, share me your secret master :D

And a minor thing to consider for you. If you could distinguish somehow two Alonsos it'd be great for the readers since we can't really tell who is scoring :p Just an idea, feel free to do whatever you like.

Thanks mate :D

To be honest,the values of my players are not that high and because we have quite a lot of money,the board are not going over my head and selling them.For example,Talledo who is my best striker is only worth £550k while I currently have £14.5 million in the bank,unless I get a ridiculous offer then I don't see my board selling.The only players with famous clubs after them are Andoni Alonso (midfielder),Luis Artola and Andoni Alonso (Striker).Alonso the striker has Real and Barcelona after him while the other two have the big teams from England after them.

I have took your recommendation of distinguishing the Alonsos,they now have MC and ST after there name so people will know.Let's hope no more come along :lol:

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - December 2017

Fixtures

8ec91671-ae76-421e-9217-ccbd86aec5ae_zps174905ac.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsae391fb5.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we continued with our impressive run in the league while we made progress in the cup which is all I really wanted as we finished the month 5th in the league.We easily beat Racing in the Copa del Rey as we won 8-0 on aggregate with most of the damage being done in the first leg when we won 6-0!In the league we gained seven points from three games which was impressive even if we were lucky for two of the games.We beat Granada 1-0 but we did have to play 62 mintes with ten men which I feel was a harsh red card.We drew 1-1 with Malaga which was impressive as we were missing two first XI players through suspension,we were second best throughout the match so it was a point gained.The Levante match was our best performance,we won 3-1 which saw Sola net his first ever goal on his 60th appearance!The friendly was meaningless as it was just for fitness purposes.

January is a very busy month as we play seven games,the first of which is a friendly against VW Hamme which is just some game time to try some new things out.We have a double header against Almeria in the Copa del Rey,we can win this match but we will need to be at our best.As for the league,we play Murica,Celta,Atletico Madrid and Villarreal,don't think we'll get anything from the Atletico game but I think we can at least get a victory over Murica and some kind of result against Celta,however I am not too sure about the Villarreal game.I want at least four points from this month and progress but it will be tough and the fitness of the players may suffer.

Torminator - I really do need some good intakes for wingers and defensive midfielders.March is horrible this season,it's the youth intake and I have to face Valencia and Real Madrid during the month :lol:

Dexter_Morgan - Cheers fella :D

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - January 2018

Fixtures

580fdcae-1a12-4335-b751-36e626732f0c_zps4126c154.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsf572ef3f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well I am glad that month is over as my players are really hurting after featuring nine times in a month,the friendly was meaningless so I will skip that.We made progress in the Copa del Rey,we overturned a deficit as we beat Almeria 5-3 on aggregate,we then beat Cordoba 9-6 on aggregate,we won easily won the first leg but the second leg saw us missing four first team players and we were reduced to ten men so a 5-4 loss isn't too bad!As for the league,we picked up four points from four games,we easily beat Murica,the game against Celta was annoying as despite having ten men,we were the better team but could not finish our chances which is the reason why we lost.Nothing to say about the Atletico match as my players were knackered and we were totally outclassed.The Villarreal game saw our fighting spirit as despite being the ninth game of the month,we fought till the very end and it was a well deserved point.Just seven more points till survival.

As for February,I hate it already and I have not kicked a ball as we have to play Barcelona three times during February.We face Barcelona in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey in which I am expecting nothing,at least I can't lose to Atletico Madrid in the Copa del Rey now!In the league we face off against Sociedad,Barcelona,Deportivo and Athletic Bilbao.I am not too confident about getting anything from the first two league games of the month but I am confident that we can beat Deportivo and get something from the Athletic game.My aim is not getting humiliated in the Copa del Rey and at least four points from the league games and that will pretty much nearly see us guaranteed to survive.

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - February 2018

Fixtures

179ee3b9-c41e-4167-9a27-2b23e9003034_zps97650915.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps1eebd38f.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that when better than I expected!We lost to Barcelona in the Copa del Rey but it was only 2-1 on aggregate which was pleasing considering the 0-0 draw at the Nou Camp had Messi and Neymar up in their front three.As for the league,we picked up five points which was better than my aim of four points,we kicked off the month with a 1-1 draw against Sociedad but to be honest we were second best throughout the whole match so to get a draw was a brilliant result,we also played 66 minutes with ten men so it makes the result even better.Nothing to say about the Barcelona result as we were totally outclassed as Messi stole the show as usual but 3-0 was a kind result to us.The win against Deportivo was a massive relief as we ended a run of six games without a win,Talledo looked back to his old self as he ran the show as he set up Alonso and scored the penalty which was also a relief to see.The game against Athletic was pretty unusual,they were the better side but it took an own goal from Diez for them to get on the score sheet,a point is more than we deserved from the game.

March as usual is the most important month for us as it features the next batch of youth candidates to come through,I need at least one defender,one midfielder and a striker to give us a bit more depth to the team,maybe also some wingers and defensive midfielder would help.As for the league,we play four games as we face Elche,Valencia,Real Madrid and Sporting.I think we should be able to at least get a point from the Elche and Sporting games but they will be tough as they are both away fixtures.As for the Valencia and Real Madrid,hopefully they will get a culture shock as they visit our 6,000 seater stadium,I think we can surprise Valencia and get a point from the fixture but I am not expecting anything from the Real Madrid game as they are far superior and it will be a case of trying to keep the score down.I will be happy with two points from the four games as that will give us 40 points which was my aim and we have easier fixtures in April and May!

Thanks mate :D It is looking a good possibility as 7th place is a Euro Cup spot due to Copa del Rey final being between Barcelona and Real Madrid,now if we can just hold off till the end of the season!

I wouldn't say I am a giant killer,it's more of a case of taking my chances when they come.

New Intake as seen five players who will make it in the first team,a winger for either side,two DM's who also have a natural rating for MC and a Defender.The star of the youth intake is Sergio Torres who can play MR/AMR.

The update for the intake will be done later.

I wouldn't say I am a giant killer,it's more of a case of taking my chances when they come.

New Intake as seen five players who will make it in the first team,a winger for either side,two DM's who also have a natural rating for MC and a Defender.The star of the youth intake is Sergio Torres who can play MR/AMR.

The update for the intake will be done later.

Sounds promising, all the positions you were hoping for. Allthough the star ratings are based on the skill of your first team members. So if those positions were the weakest, its normal that the youth players in those positions have relatively high star ratings. Well at least they will become better than the current players :D

Torminator - Think I may have to resort to one up front as I have one decent striker and two really good ones so the wingers are a relief.Not too hard to be better than my current wingers and defensive midfielders,I could pick people out of a crowd and they would be as good as the ones in the team.

john1 - Cheers fella :D

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - Youth Intake 2018

Youth Intake

GernikaClubYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zpsa33bf5b8.png

Hot Prospects

Sergio Torres - MR/AMR

Gorka Garmendia - ML/AML

Xabier Saizar - DM,MC

Oscar Sanz - DC

Alberto Jimenez - DM,MC

Manager's Thoughts

Another fantastic youth intake with five future first team players and one back up player,this has also pleased me as we now have a bit more strength in depth and cover more positions in case we need to change formations,the future is now looking good,if we can get some backup players then we will have a good team for the 4-3-3 winger formation.

Lopez will be a back up play and can play in either fullback role which will be useful in the future so he will get game time in the next few seasons in case of injuries and suspensions.Sergio Torres was the assistant manager's pick from the youth candidates and I can see why as he can straight into the first team,Garmendia will also go into the first team as we don't really have any decent wingers (all current ones are 1.5* PA at most!) so he will also get game time.Saizar will be first choice DM but can also be backup MC if we play the HULK SMASH tactic.Sanz is currently ranked as 4th choice DC so he can get some game time as some of the better players play in full back positions.Jimenez is basically a backup player,he will be back up for Saizar and back up for MC position as well.

Very steady debut season in La Liga :thup:. Europa League next season is looking likely. Quick question...how do you get so many great youth players? I'm in my 6th season in Spain and I've not had one decent one yet. It's taken me some real dealing and some lucky discoveries from my scouts to get the players that we've had so far. What I'd do for just one good youth player to come through.

Thanks mate :D

I have no idea how I get so many great youth players,guess I'm just lucky but all the major youth talent on this save is coming from Spain,Belgium and Turkey at the moment but that can change.

deltablue - Cheers fella :D

Torminator - It was indeed but luck can run out,so I am not really expecting anything from the next couple of seasons.They are the stats they came with although they are really far off a youth player Dortmund has!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - March 2018

Fixtures

4f3d7341-b033-4f28-9ab9-05baac7ae794_zps5607c67d.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsced033ba.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that went a lot better than I expected as we picked up thirteen points from a possibly fifteen and notched up two superb wins.We kicked off the month with a 1-1 draw against Elche in which we really should have won but poor finishing proved us wrong.Not really much to say about the Real Madrid and Valencia games as you would have seen the screenshots,we were second best against both teams but we came out winners and the Valencia game saw us net all five shots on target!We beat Sporting easily and the only question raised was how did we only win 2-0 as we had 25 shots and 12 of those were on target!The last game of the month was against Las Palmas which was moved due to it being on TV,it was a very boring game in which Sergio Torres marked his debut with a extremely late winner!We are in a very good position for a Euro Cup spot and we now have the easier of the run ins to the end of the season which is a plus.

April brings us four games to play as we face off against Cordoba,Almeria,Sevilla and Granada.Normally this wouldn't be a problem but due to problems up front,I have to resort to a change in formation which may cause us problems with familiarity.This is down to Zarandona already declining while the other strikers of Angulo,Salutregi and Oier Artola being nowhere near good enough now which leaves us with Alonso and Talledo as my main two strikers so a safer option is playing one up front!I believe that we will get something from the games against Cordoba and Almeria as they are both away fixtures but we have not been great away from home so Sevilla and Granada games will be quite difficult.For this month I want at least four points,it would be higher but because of the changing formation,I have lowered my target.

New tactic for the rest of the season which relies on one up front and the use of a shadow striker.The idea was based off the formation I used with Paris FC on FM14,the only difference is the use of a Shadow striker in the AMC position as I used Trequartista as well as Instructions as I used a higher tempo instead of a lower tempo like this tactic.

790e4312-5d1b-4ca8-9e57-8d92814577ac_zps8fe4fedd.png

1b73dd16-3adb-40b3-a640-82a5d66e5c40_zpsb8a4d032.png

Played one game with this formation and won 4-1 against Cordoba,Artola scored in the shadow striker role and also got a yellow card which resulted in the ban!

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - April 2018

Fixtures

2d282495-9c67-4443-9be2-e255e12e5901_zpsf64b7b67.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps85ff1a46.png

Manager's Thoughts

An excellent month which saw us pick up ten points and almost guarantee us a place in the Europa League next season,this was made even better by the fact that we were playing a new formation.We easily beat Cordoba but we were wasteful with the finishing as we only managed four shots on target!The game against Almeria was a disappointment as we threw away chance after chance as we dropped two points but on the plus side,we did manage to keep a clean sheet!The game against Sevilla was a shocker as we were quite terrible but still won 4-0 despite being second best for the majority of the game,Sevilla were reduced to ten men but it was already 3-0 at that point so the sending off didn't really matter.We finished the month off by beating Granada 5-0,despite the score,this was actually a game which saw both teams have 11 shots each so our finishing was much better!

We go into the final month knowing fate is in our own hands as we look to cement a Europa League spot as one win will guarantee us a spot.In May we face off against Malaga,Murica,Levante and Celta,this a good run to end the season as they are all fairly low in the table and we have home advantage against Malaga,Murica and Celta so we are in a really good position.Levante are the toughest out of the four teams and with being away from home,it will be fairly difficult but I think I can get a result.My aim is to finish the season in 5th or 6th as that will give us group stage entry for Europa League.

Gernika_zpsa70a1f94.jpg

Gernika Club - Liga BBVA - May 2018

Fixtures

5cf77dd2-d963-44cd-880c-c2a31a05690b_zps1482a567.png

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps3a534d93.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well it was even month as we won two and lost two,can't say it was the best way to end the month but we stayed in fifth which means we enter the Europa League in the group stages.We comfortably beat Malaga 2-0 but we easily could have had more but three points was three points and we did look good in defence and midfield.As for the Murica game,poor finishing cost us the match as we lost 2-1 and we really should have won that.The Levante game was a very off day as we lost 4-1 which equalled our record defeat which was by Barcelona earlier in the season,less said the better really.We did end the season on a high as we beat Celta 3-0 on the last day of the season which saw Jimenez net his first goal for the club,Celta then sacked their manager and offered me a interview.Roll on Europe next season!

Triple upgrade news time!!

09aac76c-dee6-4b21-a7ba-24b15611f271_zps766e4c38.png

2b5eb81e-8955-4762-a495-e992944c16dd_zps858b5ddf.png

22fa796d-be68-4741-9e4d-fe9978c15625_zps4b01405e.png

Well youth recruitment is now at a average level but I still could not upgrade junior coaching which is kind of annoying.Some more positive news with regards to having a youth facility upgrade which will be completed this season along with training facilities.

The stadium however is kind of annoying,we're are only having the grounded expanded by 1500 but it won't be completed till October next year,roll on 2025 when I can possibly get a new stadium!

My chairman is very generous with the facility upgrades as it coincides with my goal of give youth a chance which has a confidence rating of 93%!

Archived