FM15: Nottingham Forest FC

Welcome To The Thread Of

NottmForest_Profile_zps0b42307e.png

Nottingham Forest

nottingham-forest-trent2.jpg

Club Overview

Nottingham Forest are a football club based in West Bridgford, Nottingham. They play their games at The City Ground which is situated on the banks of the River Trent. The club have played at The City Ground since 1898. The club currently play in the Sky Bet Championship and have done so for a number of years. The club’s current manager is Stuart Pearce. The current chairman is Fawaz Al-Hasawi and he has owned the club with his family since July 2012. The club’s main rival is Derby County whilst they have smaller rivalries with Leicester City, Notts County, Mansfield Town and Sheffield United.

The History

The Beginning

The club was founded in 1865 after a meeting between a local shinney team. The players founded the club at the Clinton Arms on Shakespeare Street. The founding members were; A Barks, W Brown, W P Brown, C F Daft, T Gamble, R P Hawkesley, T G Howitt, W I Hussey, W R Lymberry, J Milford, J H Rastall, W H Revis, J G Richardson, J S Scrimshaw and J Tomlinson. The club played their first official match against local rivals Notts County on the 22nd March 1866. The club have played in red ever since they were founded. The official colour is ‘Garibaldi red’ and is named after Giuseppe Garibaldi. The club originally purchased red caps with tassels.

Despite the Football League being founded in 1888. Forest were only accepted in 1892. They were eventually accepted into the Football League in 1892 after winning the Football Alliance. The club had some success in the Football Alliance as they managed to reach the semi-finals of the FA Challenge Cup in the 1878-79 season where they finally lost to Old Etonians.

The club’s first FA Cup win came in the 1897-98 season where they defeated Derby County 3-1. The club had lost in four previous semi-finals before success in the fifth.

The club has had an impact on the development of the ‘beautiful game’ as they were the first side to wear shin guards and having a referee use a whistle. The club have played at a number of grounds in Nottingham throughout their history which include the Forest Racecourse Ground, The Castle Ground(The Meadows), Trent Bridge, The Parkside Ground, The Gregory Ground and The Town Ground before finally relocating to The City Ground in 1898. Where the club have played ever since.

1898team.jpg

The Middle Years

From Forest’s first FA Cup win, the club only managed to win four further trophies between 1898 and 1960. This included an FA Cup, Division Three and Division Two on two occasions. The club endured a tough time during the run up to the First World War and were struggling financially. The club ended an eighteen year spell out of the then top flight after achieving promotion in the 1956-57 season.

Forest’s second FA Cup win came in the 1958-59 season as they beat Luton Town 2-1. The club played most of the game with ten men as Roy Dwight(Elton John’s cousin)was taken off with a broken leg. In the 1966-67 season the club enjoyed its best ever season as a club as they were challenging for a league and cup double. Unfortunately injuries meant the club managed to reach the FA Cup Semi Final whilst finishing runners-up in the First Division. The club struggled from then until 1975 when the arrival of a genius happened.

59-forest-team.jpg

The Clough & Taylor Years

Brian Clough took over as manager on the 6th January 1975. In this timeframe he turned Nottingham Forest into one of the most successful English clubs of all time as heguided the club to twelve trophies in eighteen years. Two of the most memorable trophies the club won was the European Cup in 1979 and then retaining it the season afterwards. Clough had turned the club into a successful team, five years after taking over with the club in the second division. Clough’s success was helped by having such agood assistant in Peter Taylor who had worked with him on a number of occasions.

Brian-Clough_Rex_2174070b.jpg

Despite Taylor leaving the club in 1980, Clough still managed to keep Nottingham Forest in the trophy hunt for a further 13 years. The only trophy to escape the great man himself was the FA Cup. The club finished runners-up in the 1990-91 season. The club finished runners-up on another five occasions during Clough’s reign.

The era came to end by 1993 when announced that he would be retiring. The club had suffered relegation that season as well. The club have since named a stand after him and the city also has a statue of Brian Clough.

Brian-Clough-and-Peter-Ta-001.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Clough After Years

Frank Clark, former Forest player took over as manager for the 1993-94 season as Forest made an immediate return to the top flight. In Forest’s first full season back in the top flight the club finished third and qualified for the UEFA Cup where the club reached the quarter-finals. Clark left the club in December 1996 with the club in a relegation battle. As well as struggling on the pitch, the club was struggling financially off it.

Frank+Clark+Manager.jpg

In February 1997 the Bridgford Group Consortium took over the club. Stuart Pearce took temporary charge of the club until Dave Bassett was appointed as permanent manager in May 1997. Unfortunately the club were relegated back to Division One that season. Bassett led the club back to the Premier League after winning the First Division Title in the 1997-98 season. Forest’s first trophy win since the Full Members Cup in 1992. Unfortunately the club’s stay in the top flight was a short lived one as they suffered relegation the next season.

18727-zoom.jpg

The 21st Century

From 1999 until 2012 the club was owned by Nigel Doughty, a Forest fan who invested large amounts of money and time in trying to improve the club on and off the pitch.

Nigel-Doughty-007.jpg

David Platt took over the club after Ron Atkinson’s spell for two seasons. Unfortunately Platt could only lead the club to two mid-table finishes whilst spending a large amount of money on three Italian players who didn’t have the best of spells at the club. This, combined with the collapse ITV Digital left Forest in another difficult position financially.

Paul Hart took over from David Platt after being Youth Team Manager for a number of seasons. In his first full season Hart managed to lead the club to sixteenth. Having promoted a number of youngsters into the first team during his spell as manager. Hart managed to help the club finish sixth in Division One. Unfortunately due to financial difficulties the club were unable to replicate the previous season’s finish which ultimately cost Hart his job.

_58321275_doughtyhart.jpg

The club had a two managers after Hart which included Joe Kinnear and Gary Megson. Neither could bring success back to The City Ground and both had contributed to the club being relegated to League One in 2005. Becoming the first European Cup Winners to fall into the third tier. Megson left the club in February 2006 to be replaced by the caretaker duo of Frank Barlow and Ian McParland. These two led the club to seventh having taken over when the club were only four points above the relegation zone.

Former defender Colin Calderwood took over as manager in the summer of 2006 where he remained as manager until December 2008 before departing with the club in the relegation zone. In this time Calderwood suffered defeat to Yeovil Town in the League One Play-Offs before securing promotion the following season by going up automatically.

WesMorgan_560511.jpgcolin_calderwood_1212288c.jpg

Billy Davies took over on January 1st 2009 with him securing Forest’s Championship status as the club finished nineteenth. Davies had two further seasons at the club in which he managed to turn the club into play-off hopefuls. Narrowly missing out on two occasions. In June 2011, Davies left the club to be replaced by Steve McLaren.

McLaren only lasted a couple of months before the club underwent changes in the boardroom and management team. Doughty stepped down as Forest Chairman in October 2011 to be replaced by former player and manager Frank Clark. Whilst Steve Cotterill took over as manager and helping secure the club’s safety for another season. Unfortunately Doughty passed away in February 2012.

In July 2012, The Al-Hasawi family took over the club and immediately set out a three to five year plan. Sean O’Driscoll was the first manager of the Al-Hasawi reign before he was sacked in December 2012. Alex McLeish was the man to take over but he only lasted forty days before departing. Billy Davies returned to the club for a second spell on the 7th February 2013 where the club narrowly missed out on the play-offs. After a successful start to the 2013-14 season, things slowly tailed off as Davies was relieved of his duties on March 24th 2014. Gary Brazil became caretaker manager until the end of the season.

On July 1st 2014 club legend Stuart Pearce took over the club.

5980590-large.jpg

Should you take over, what would you inherit?

The Backroom Staff

Steve Wigley – Assistant Manager

Although not the best assistant you can ask for, he’s certainly capable of doing a good enough job whilst you’re looking to progress as a team and improve on the pitch. He’s preferred training role is tactics. I’d agree with this and therefore he’d be my tactics coach.

Brian Eastick – Coach

Eastick is also another one of those in the category of not being the best but more than adequate for the level that you’re currently at. Much like Wigley is preferred coaching role is tactics. Therefore I would have him helping out Wigley.

Gavin Ward – Coach

Ward is a coach within your backroom setup at the start of the game. However, his main asset to your coaching team is his goalkeeping coaching. He’s considered to be best at shot-stopping so I would look to get him to take control of this.

Tim Flowers – Goalkeeping Coach

Tim Flowers is probably one of the better English goalkeeping coaches on the game and therefore I’d be looking to keep him for the considerable future. At 47 he still has a number of years left to provide good coaching to your keepers. Much like Ward, his preferred training subject is shot stopping.

Ross Burbeary – Fitness Coach

Ross is still only young in the game and has plenty of time to improve. I’d be willing to keep him for a number of years as he has the chance to be a really good fitness coach. He’s currently the only fitness coach at the club and his preferred subject is strength.

Gary Brazil – Head of Youth Development

Not the best Head of Youth Development you will ever find but due to the stature and size of the club currently, he’s more than capable of doing the job until you progressto a level in which you can find someone of better quality.

Jimmy Gilligan – Under 21s Manager

Gilligan probably isn’t the best under 21s manager you’ll ever see but much like the rest of your backroom staff he has a high emphasis on helping youth players. If you’reunable to find a suitable replacement then he would be more than capable of doing a job until you’re able to do so.

Kevin McDonald – Under 18s Manager

McDonald is a good under 18s manager for this level and one I’d be looking to keep for a number of years and possibly longer. He’s got all the attributes to be a well-rounded under 18s manager.

Jack Lester – Under 18s Coach

Lester is a former player for the club having had two spells with Forest during his club. He’s a more than adequate under 18s coach and appears to be best suited to the attacking and shooting side of coaching.

Steve Sutton – Under 18s Goalkeeping Coach

Steve Sutton played for the club during one of its most successful eras. He came through the academy and is now helping coach the next lot of young keepers that you have come through. Whilst he may not be the best, for sentimental reasons I would keep him. I’d also be looking to give him a full-time contract.

Physios: Dave Galley, Andrew Balderston, Steve Devine and Andy Hunt.

Scouts: Glen Burdett, Alan Gemmill, Alan Hill, Mathieu Louis-Jean, Ray Shaw, Martin Wilkinson and James Smith.

Of the scouts you inherit, I would look to release James Smith, Ray Shaw and Glen Burdett.

With the backroom staff you have at your disposal when you’re taking over, you’re still entitled to the following.

StaffAllowances_zps207ae045.png

Here is how my First Team and Under 18s Training Staff Setup would look;

1stTeamTrainingCoachesSetup_zps71bff1e1.png

As you can seen from your staff allowance. You are requiring a defending, attacking and shooting coach. If you can, a new goalkeeping coach, fitness coach and ball control coach would be ideal.

Under18sTrainingCoachesSetUp_zpsa6745140.png

As you can see from this set up you could require a defending coach and possibly a ball control coach.

Possible Staff Recommendations

Alan Kernaghan - Defending

Alan Cork - Attacking/Shooting

Damian Roden - Fitness Coach

Karl Hooper - Under 18s Defensive Coach

Paul Montgomery - Scout

Ian Storey-Moore - Scout

David Hamilton - Scout

The First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Karl Darlow – Darlow should be your first choice for your first season in charge. Unfortunately he is on a season long loan which means you should start the process to try and find a long-term replacement.

29. Dorus de Vries – At 33 years old de Vries is entering the latter stages of his career. A more than capable back up to Darlow, he is also out of contract at the end of theseason. Unless he’s willing to take a wage cut or suddenly becomes first choice. I’d be looking for a new back up soon.

Dimitar Evtimov – Dimi is currently your third choice keeper. He’s out on loan at Mansfield Town until the start of January. Much like Darlow and Dorus he’s currently expected to leave the club at the end of the season. Personally me for me, and your coaches. He has the ability to become as good as Darlow which is a possible reason to move him to second choice at the end of the season.

Notable Youth Team Players: Tim Erlandsson, Rich Dearle and Joe Boyd.

Right Backs

17. Jack Hunt – Hunt is the better right back of the two that you start off with. However he is only on loan until January. I would be looking to try and extend his loan untilthe end of the season or looking to make his deal permanent.

2. Eric Lichaj – Eric is nearly as good as Hunt but more than good enough for this level. He’s out of contract in the summer so I would be looking to extend his contract beyond the end of the season.

Notable Youth Team Players: None

Left Backs

8. Chris Cohen – Chris can play central midfield or left back. Personally I’d be playing him at left back as you’re quite strong in central midfield.

3. Dan Harding – Just as good as the other two but personally I’d be keeping him as my back up. He is out of contract in the summer though.

13. Danny Fox – I don’t rate Fox but he’s good enough for a back up place in your squad. If a team is interested I’d consider an offer for him.

Notable Youth Team Players: Jack Kelly and Jermaine Worthington.

Centre Backs

6. Kelvin Wilson

25. Jack Hobbs

4. Michael Mancienne

16. Jamaal Lascelles

15. Greg Halford

5. Danny Collins

All these central defenders are good enough to be in your team. I’d potentially consider allowing Halford and Collins to go with them being in the last year of their contracts. Lascelles is only a loan so he will be departing at the end of the season.

Notable Youth Team Players: Louis Laing, Kieran Fenton, Roger Riera, Frederik Fisker, Andreas Karo and Alex Iacovitti.

Right Midfielders

27. Chris Burke – Chris Burke is just slightly better than Jamie Paterson but both are good enough to play a key role in your squad.

21. Jamie Paterson – More capable of playing when needs be and also has a further year’s extension in the club’s favour.

Jamie Mackie - Out on loan for the season.

Notable Youth Team Players: Deimantas Petravicius, Oliver Burke and Elvis Otim.

Left Midfielders

18. Michail Antonio – He is the best left sided midfielder in the side and should be starting most games.

39. Djamel Abdoun – A good player in real life and more than good enough to deputise for Antonio when needs be.

30. Stephen McLaughlin – A more than able back up.

Notable Youth Team Players: Luke Thomas, Aidan Austin and Liam Adams.

Central Midfielders

11. Andy Reid – Despite him hitting the age of 31, Reidy is still more than good enough to be a key member of your squad.

10. Henri Lansbury – Another key player who can operate a number of roles within the midfield.

24. David Vaughan – More of a defensive midfielder but one who can pick the passes. Should be a key figure for your midfield.

32. Robert Tesche – A box to box type midfielder who can sit infront of the defence as well as attack.

38. Ben Osborn – Another player who should be able to offer something to the squad despite his young age.

Radoslaw Majewski - Out on loan for the season and his contract expires in 2015.

Notable Youth Team Players: Josh Rees, Jorge Grant, Dylan Burns, Jack Blake and Wilfred Gnahore.

Strikers

9. Britt Assombalonga – One of the best strikers in the division. Should be able to grab a number of goals as you look to try and climb the league.

7. Matty Fryatt – A different type of striker to Assombalonga but one who should be able to work well with well with him.

23. Dexter Blackstock – Now back from injury Dex has a big part to play in the squad and can hopefully provide good back up.

14. Lars Veldwijk – Might not be just there yet to be a key player. But he should be more than capable as an option in cup and lesser league matches.

Notable Youth Team Players: Tyler Walker, Jerry McDonagh and Josh McDonald.

Pre-Season Budgets & Board Requests

SeasonExpectations_zps6d898d9c.png

SignHighProfilePlayersRequest_zps49a662b8.png

Just a little update on this. If you ask the board for a meeting at the start of the game you should be able to get this judgement taken off. I personally feel that signing high profile players is a struggle.

Financial Fair Play

Do be aware that financial fair play is a key part of any football club now. It's important that you look to balance the books where need be. Your board will provide you with updates every month to advise you as to how you're doing. If there's someone who may not get any game time. Then maybe look to offload them and their wages.

Why Should You Be Nottingham Forest?

The reason why you should be Nottingham Forest is because they're a club with lots of history. They're a club that has fallen on hard times over recent years but now seem to be building the foundations for something special. You have a chairman that will back you and expectations that aren't too high at the moment. So with the right signings you could build something great.

Patch 15.3

Just so you are all aware. If you start a new save on the new patch there have been a number of changes to the squad, backroom staff and budgets. There are a number of unwanted players out on loans now with no recall clauses whilst Pearce and most of the backroom staff he brought to the club have departed. There are two new members of staff from what I can see in Lennie Lawrence and Dennis Rofe.

The budgets now stand at £200k transfer budget and £350k wage budget. Of which you have about £40k left over.

NF you better mention FFP. Forest have good budget but are failing FFP or if you were to spend 6 million you would fail it.

Papers this morning are even saying Forest could be in trouble.

I've played till transfer window closes I'll make a post with what I've done so far soon.

NF you better mention FFP. Forest have good budget but are failing FFP or if you were to spend 6 million you would fail it.

Papers this morning are even saying Forest could be in trouble.

I've played till transfer window closes I'll make a post with what I've done so far soon.

I don't see how I should? I don't control your spending. If you keep an eye on the messages you get, you'll be able to work out how you're going to do. I might play my game differently to you which means you could be in a better financial shape.

Just think it would be helpful information to others or even maybe newer players that forest are a team you should watch ffp with more carefully than other clubs.

I've added a little piece in. Not sure how much help it will have.

Buzzing this thread is up! Starting the game up on the beta when im home from work, hopefully get Forrest promoted!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Just a further development from my save. If you ask the board for improvements to the training and youth facilities. The board will generally grant them if you ask twice when they reject the first asking.

Here is what i've done so far transfer wise:

rS9MFIF.jpg

Coric and Peruzzi being amazing buys considering in the Championship.

Grealish and Pereira have been good loan signings and fans very happy with them.

Edit:

Forgot to mention I have Marcos Senna comming in January on a free transfer. 37 but stats are still good and between him and Vaughn rotating in DM it should be a solid position for my team.

Team setup:

9zn2NCm.jpg

Team is still learning the formation so for parts of games we play so great stuff but other times we seem to panic and invite pressure.

Early Form:

fetpCLf.jpg

Solid start but had a couple games where could of easily lost or drawn so probably not doing as well as table reads.

Had good run in league cup so far, winning first match and knocking out Cardiff away from home in the second match.

Great post NF to get us started, much appreciate the pics of the players attributes too.

With that squad and budget it should be possible to push for promotion, so long as the real world injury problems don't kick in! There is good quality and depth to that squad already. There shouldn't be any need to spend the £6M really, maybe another winger and DM but could be on loan anyway to be honest. Like you say need to start planning for Darlow and Lascelles leaving, IRL we've been linked with Daniel Bentley from Southend for the 'keeper slot, a good shout in the real world, maybe worth looking at in the game too?

Yeah training Coric to play CM so his form can be a little in different but he is a match winner.

Problem with Cohen was that I don't play with wingbacks and with the center midfield being so good there wasnt space for him, was worth cashing in I feel.

They said no to coaches for me but they agreed to improve Youth.

Forgot to mention I have Marcos Senna comming in January on a free transfer. 37 but stats are still good and between him and Vaughn rotating in DM it should be a solid position for my team.

Great post NF to get us started, much appreciate the pics of the players attributes too.

With that squad and budget it should be possible to push for promotion, so long as the real world injury problems don't kick in! There is good quality and depth to that squad already. There shouldn't be any need to spend the £6M really, maybe another winger and DM but could be on loan anyway to be honest. Like you say need to start planning for Darlow and Lascelles leaving, IRL we've been linked with Daniel Bentley from Southend for the 'keeper slot, a good shout in the real world, maybe worth looking at in the game too?

Bentley is definitely worth looking at. Scouts currently believe he can get to three and a half stars. Possibly more. I'm in talks with Southend now to try and sign him. Ben Amos is another player from United. He's young, English and transfer listed. I'm offered him a contract of £12.5k per week which I think is more than reasonable.

Vermijl from United might be a good option to bring in at right back. Especially considering Hunt goes in January and Lichaj is out of contract in the summer. Anthony Réveillère isn't a bad option for a season but he's expensive.

I don't think another winger is needed for myself. But for others it depends on what formation you want to play. I'd say midfield is a strong point as well.

Yeah training Coric to play CM so his form can be a little in different but he is a match winner.

Problem with Cohen was that I don't play with wingbacks and with the center midfield being so good there wasnt space for him, was worth cashing in I feel.

They said no to coaches for me but they agreed to improve Youth.

Forgot to mention I have Marco Senna comming in January on a free transfer. 37 but stats are still good and between him and Vaughn rotating in DM it should be a solid position for my team.

That's understandable then Casanova. Personally I think Cohen is a great player but that's because he loves playing for the club in real life. I've just been offered Senna but won't be taking the option. I'm trying to continue what Pearce has started.

Pre-Season 2014

So having taken over from Psycho I immediately got to work trying to improve my backroom staff and add a few players to the squad where necessary.

Incoming backroom staff were;

David Hamilton - Scout

Alan Kernaghan - Defensive Coach

Damian Roden - Fitness Coach

Alan Cork - Shooting Coach

Ian Storey-Moore - Scout. He's also a former player and favoured personnel so I was delighted to bring him back.

Des Lyttle - Under 18s Defensive Coach. Again, he's a former player so I was delighted to bring him back.

David Lee - Attacking Coach

Paul Montgomery - Scout

Charlie Palmer - Scout

Mark Chamberlain - Ball Control Coach

Mark Harrison - Scout

David Geddis - Scout

Chris Sulley - Under 21s Coach. Currently helping with tactics.

Outgoing we saw three scouts leave. They were James Smith, Ray Shaw and Glen Burdett.

Transfers

Incoming we have signed 6 players for £2.63m and we have allowed 6 players to leave which include three loans.

Incoming

Daniel Bentley - The21 year old joins from Southend United for £750k and a season loan back to Southend United.

Marnick Vermijl - The 22 year old joins on a four year deal for £300k. We have the option of a fifth.

David Fox - The 30 year old joins for 2 years on a free transfer. He's a bit more experience that we need.

Billy McKay - The 25 year old joins from Inverness CT for £750k. He's cheap and we have the option to keep him for 5 seasons.

Ben Amos - The 24 year old joins for £450k from United. He's on £12.5k a week but he could be the number one we're looking for next season.

Jak Alnwick - The 21 year old joins for £235k from Newcastle. Another good young keeper which means now we're covered in this position.

Outgoing

Greg Halford joined Ispwich for £750k whilst Danny Collins has joined Blackpool on a free. Dorus decided he was homesick. I offered him some time away which he decided would be worse for him. I agreed to let him leave so transfer listed him. Stoke snapped him up for £100k and he's got himself more money. Clever move from him really. Three players have gone out on loan. They are Jake Wholey(DL), Ross Durrant(GK) and Daniel Bentley as part of his move to us.

Pre-Season Friendlies

We played four pre-season games and managed to record three wins and a loss. We managed to secure a 4-1 against Salisbury, a 2-1 win against Morecambe and a 4-2 win against AFC Wimbledon. Our only loss came in our final game against Plymouth.

News

I couldn't get rid of Abdoun so I have accepted that he'll stay for the time being. Reid was subject to a bid from Leicester. I rejected it which caused 12 players to moan. I managed to get 7 to see my side including my captain, Cohen. 5 still wouldn't budge. Reid seems happy enough now. We have promised Wilson that we'll get promoted this season as Burnley have shown an interest in him.

Just loading my game up now with Forest, i am a die hard Liverpool fan but besides Liverpool, Forest are the team i always want to do well, this year they look very strong and with the backing aswel should be a very good save! Im starting with them on the Beta and if all goes well will carry on 7th Nov :)

Anyone have any tips for me?

Regards

Robbie

Thats me just passed the January transfer window opening and this is how the league looks:

hseX3vM.jpg

O9l9asg.jpg

Its very tight at the top with wolves, however I would need an awful run to drop out of the top 2. Good home form should give us promotion.

As you can see Britt has been the main man, far too good for this league it seems.

January Signings:

nqCpHQ6.jpg

J5PqSjd.jpg

BLvMMdV.jpg

Senna like I already mentioned will be good rotation for this season.

Gaston Gil Romero cost me 3-4 million and I am really happy about getting him, will be a great player in the Premier League and will have 6months to settle before it starts.

Roberto Pereyra contract at Juventus ran down and I chanced my arm, paying him 38k a week however he doesn't join until the summer so hopfully I will be in the Premiership then and this could be quite the transfer coup on a free!

Ok i've finished my first season and it was a success despite awful form towards end of the season!

Finished 1st and Leeds somehow finished 2nd with Norwich winning the play offs, Wolves really fell apart.

Britt scored 54! yes FIFTY FOUR goals for me in the league, a goal every 65 minutes. I played him as Complete Forward attack for those interested up front solo.

If you look at the fixture screenshot you will see I had a period of 5 games which were all crazy matches!

9xhNMuM.jpg

wiZJzjw.jpg

gTVv5x0.jpg

I've just finished my signings for the summer transfer window, including an overhaul of staff, took a few hours.

After Britt's 54 goal haul in the Championship there was a lot of intrest, including from clubs in the Champions League and he wanted to go... Wolfsburg gave me the best offer of 20 million straight cash which I accepted.

Signed some really good talents I think for good prices as well, Think nearly half my starting lineup is from Argentina...

Thats me about to kick off my first game in the Premier League, good luck with your games folks.

8JMs8dc.jpg

cKEvRcF.jpg

Indeed but in the end had little choice, he was only on 12k a week as well so would of been hard to keep him.

Facundo Ferreyra will hopefully pickup where Britt left.

I feel my midfield is strong, and is only going to get stronger as these players all have potential to live up too.

Just my squad depth isnt the best, hopfully won't lose Facundo Ferreyra to a bad injury or i'm left with Matty Fryatt....

I was given a budget of 29 million.

Gino Peruzzi, Gaston Gil Romero and Ante Coric I signed in the first season.

Roberto Pereyra was a free transfer (He won player of the year in Serie A playing for Juventus on loan) and Sergio Romero my keeper was also a free transfer.

Jorge Correa / Balanta / Munoz / Federico Dimarco cost me around 4-6 million each.

Facundo Ferreyra was 10 million with another 2 million for goal/appearances.

Will be joining you this season NF . Have always loved your salesman like encouragement of people to play as forest in other threads! Great thread too as always .

Salesman like encouragement :D. Hahaha. Never heard it being called that. I've had people put me on the block list for consistently suggesting them I think.

Last time I created the thread we got 9 pages. I now think we're a better save and team now so hopefully more people will see the money :D.

Good luck as well. Do you have any ideas as to what formation you would play and what sort of signings you would make?

I've just lost him for 3 months in the middle of September. Sent Lascelles back to Newcastle, and have Tesche playing as the 'destroyer' in midfield.. :D

How come you sent Lascelles back to Newcastle? He seems to be one of the best centre halves at the club. Although we have lots of good ones. What does your 'destroyer' have to do?

What formation are you playing Rob?

Do a lot of the younger players have random PAs/CAs?

How come you sent Lascelles back to Newcastle? He seems to be one of the best centre halves at the club. Although we have lots of good ones. What does your 'destroyer' have to do?

What formation are you playing Rob?

Do a lot of the younger players have random PAs/CAs?

Sent Lascelles back as he couldn't get anywhere near the starting lineup.

The 'Destroyer' basically causes a nuisance of himself in midfield, harassing the opposition and protecting the back 4.

Playing a mix of 4-4-2 and 4-3-2-1 with 2 winger pushing on.

Last one, no.

Salesman like encouragement :D. Hahaha. Never heard it being called that. I've had people put me on the block list for consistently suggesting them I think.

Last time I created the thread we got 9 pages. I now think we're a better save and team now so hopefully more people will see the money :D.

Good luck as well. Do you have any ideas as to what formation you would play and what sort of signings you would make?

Haha ! That's part of doing your job as a salesman! Tell them, tell them, & tell them again!

Im currently in the states coaching myself & coming to the end of my time here my schedule has freed up a lot! So I did a brief save with forest on 14 a few weeks ago I got 4 seasons done. 1.lost in play off final.2 won play off final.3 finished 6th but due to winners of cups no European football.4finished 6th & because of cup winners no European football at which point I sort of felt hard done by a little!

I played 4-4-2 delibrately trying to copy the 70's & 80's forest. This time it will be 4-4-2 but a more modern posession based 4-4-2. But knowing some players from default database last year I knew roughly who was going to fit and who wasn't bar any dramatic changes from the forest researcher!

I'm currently second going into 30th September and tweaked my tactic every game apart from the last 3 I think I've got one that works & achieves what I set out to do.

Incase anybody wanted tips for players my transfers are:

Transfers in:

Alou diarra - free

T. Kuszczak - free

Y.sanogo - loan %40 wages no fee ( end of season)

Gary Mackey-Steven - £1M

Shane ferguson - loan %50 wages no fee ( end of season )

Cheick Diabate - £3M

Total in £4M

Transfers out:

D Collins - free

G.halford - £750 k

J. Paterson - £2M

C.cohen - free ( I got 2.8m when I fired up a quick testing game to see how the new scouting system worked but apparently nobody wanted him at all and I didn't have a place for him. Sorry NF I know you love him)

D.Blackstock - £1.5 M

D.de vires- free

A.Reid - £1.1M

Total out £5.4M

Archived