FM15: Nottingham Forest FC

After a few failed saves with Forest when I first bought the game I decided to have another go yesterday, as a Forest fan I feel like I have to get them promoted to the premiership in at least one save on every FM! Have started pretty well this time, sat top of the league after 6 games, winning 5 and losing 3-1 at Bournemouth. Got knocked out of the league cup in round 2 losing 4-1 away to the sheep which was horrifying.

Ins:

Sako - 5m

Coquelin - 1.4m

Outs:

Djamel Abdoun - £500k - Millwall

Danny Collins - Free - Sheff. Utd

Greg Halford - £775k - Fulham

Dexter Blackstock - £1.8m - Wolves

Andy Reid - £1.6m - Leicester (Didn't really want to sell him but felt it was a very good offer considering his age and injury problems)

Playing 4-1-2-2-1 with Antonio and Sako on the wings behind Assombalonga, pace power and goalscoring.

Cohen and Lansbury are superb central midfielders with Coquelin playing as a ball winning midfielder behind them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1st season - Won Championship by around 11 points, out of Carling Cup and FA Cup early though. Few good signing including Balanta but otherwise much the same team.

Bought Youri Tielsman and a few other strikers, Luca Jovic and Lucas Boye, mostly good loan signings, Emre Can and Ryan Betrand to shore up the defence. With the addition of Micah Richards in the defense the team looked solid.

Managed to win the PL and Carling cup in the second season, very happy with the team.

League Table:

hqUVgXC.png

PL Stats:

73VlCS4.png

Britt turns into a complete beast in my game:

0CQlwAu.png

First team

mT8dXl3.png

Not sure how I managed to win the PL with that team but everyone was playing well.

This all looks very impressive apart from one thing....

You're using someone else's tactic. The game becomes a lot harder when you try to use your own tactics!

This all looks very impressive apart from one thing....

You're using someone else's tactic. The game becomes a lot harder when you try to use your own tactics!

Who cares what tactic he uses. It his game. He had to build that team as well. It is not as though he just magically play like Barcelona when he loaded the tactic on to the game.

Who cares what tactic he uses. It his game. He had to build that team as well. It is not as though he just magically play like Barcelona when he loaded the tactic on to the game.

Absolutely he can play the game how he wishes, I'm just pointing out that the game is a lot harder when you don't use a pre-loaded tactic which is clearly very successful, given that he won the league with those players and Assomabalonga got over 50 goals. Also some of the average ratings are ridiculous, especially Eric Lichaj!!

Actually with some tactics that's exactly what happens. Irs very unrealistic and some exploit engine.

Actually with some tactics that's exactly what happens. Irs very unrealistic and some exploit engine.

Yeah that's what I was getting at really.

This is the tactic he is using http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412697-Mr-Hough-FM15-Tactic-Thread. some of the results people are getting with it are ridiculous.

The reason I'm just pointing this out is that some people (myself included) don't use the plug and play tactics and read these forums wondering how people are winning the premier league with smaller clubs, it can be quite frustrating to see. But as mentioned above a lot of these tactics exploit the match engine and produce outrageous results! For me personally I don't see the fun in that, but each to their own, people can play the game however they wish!

Yeah that's what I was getting at really.

This is the tactic he is using http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412697-Mr-Hough-FM15-Tactic-Thread. some of the results people are getting with it are ridiculous.

The reason I'm just pointing this out is that some people (myself included) don't use the plug and play tactics and read these forums wondering how people are winning the premier league with smaller clubs, it can be quite frustrating to see. But as mentioned above a lot of these tactics exploit the match engine and produce outrageous results! For me personally I don't see the fun in that, but each to their own, people can play the game however they wish!

Amen brother

Archived