Minor team in big Italian city

Posted this in the good team/player guide but wanted to pitch it here as well:

I'm looking to start a new save soon (this one will be a long term save I PROMISE!!) and after a weeks holiday in Italy, I really fancy an Italian save (and in need of renewing my gym membership - might have hit the pizza/pasta/ice cream/wine a little too hard... ). I want to play as a minor team in a decent sized city (think Rome/Milan/Naples etc, anywhere with over 1 million people really) as I want them to start in the lowest playable division, but still have a decent amount of local players to call upon (as I love playing with just local players/players that have come through the youth academy). Any ideas? And if it's not a team from a big city, please give a reason! Thanks a million people!

I've narrowed things down to:

Rome

Milan

Naples

Venice/Venice area

Ponziana are also a good outside bet (for those who don't know, they play in Trieste, but played in the Yugoslav first division for 3 year post WW2.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I'm looking to start a new save soon (this one will be a long term save I PROMISE!!) and after a weeks holiday in Italy, I really fancy an Italian save (and in need of renewing my gym membership - might have hit the pizza/pasta/ice cream/wine a little too hard... ). I want to play as a minor team in a decent sized city (think Rome/Milan/Naples etc, anywhere with over 1 million people really) as I want them to start in the lowest playable division, but still have a decent amount of local players to call upon (as I love playing with just local players/players that have come through the youth academy). Any ideas? And if it's not a team from a big city, please give a reason! Thanks a million people!

Rome

Milan

Naples

Venice/Venice area

Ponziana are also a good outside bet (for those who don't know, they play in Trieste, but played in the Yugoslav first division for 3 year post WW2.

(Not so) fun fact: there are only two cities in Italy with a population over 1m, according to the census of 2011...

Rome

Milan

Naples

Venice/Venice area

Although a 2nd tier side AS Bari have a stadium which has a capacity of 60,000 and an average attendance of less than 15,000 :lol:

Bari is an amazing save!!! i had a great one going before my long term spurs save. Getting them promoted and then after a few years got a tycoon come in and ended up becoming a real dominant force in italy and the world. Was a great save. Even had a few season with just local boys in the team well majority local lol

Does Atletico/Cisco Roma still exist?

They were one of the first teams I looked up! Looks like they went bust though :-(

Thanks for the ideas so far! Since my last long term Austria Vienna save, I've been jumping around between saves (a couple of seasons here, a few more there etc) so I want a proper long term save and I think the key to that is choosing the right team. I love Italy and haven't really managed there since maybe FM 2005 so it's long overdue! I want to start a long term save with a small club and build them up (lowest playable division - which one is that in FM 2013 anyway, left FM at home over my holidays!) but want them to have a big enough catchment area so I can make all the players local!

edit: Castel di Sangro have just popped into my mind! Oh, and when I said lowest playable division, I wouldn't be against editing it to put in a minor team from Naples/Rome/Milan etc and putting them up from the local leagues into whatever the lowest tier is. Keeping them there and building upon it will add to the challenge!

Currently found 2 possibilities - Internapoli in Naples and US Milanese in Milan. US Milanese have no ground listed on wiki and Internapoli play in a bumper 200 seater! They are 2 possibilities!

the basic version of the game allows you to play only the professional leagues, A, B, C1 and C2 (in 2014 merged into one C, called LEGA PRO)

Venice plays in Serie C1 A

there is also another populous city in C, Messina (C2 B) ...

but we are talking about 250,000 people.

metropolises stay in Serie A, or their small teams in the amateurs series.

edit: Castel di Sangro have just popped into my mind! Oh, and when I said lowest playable division, I wouldn't be against editing it to put in a minor team from Naples/Rome/Milan etc and putting them up from the local leagues into whatever the lowest tier is. Keeping them there and building upon it will add to the challenge!

I live in the city that has among its commons Castel di Sangro,

is called L'Aquila and play in C1 B.

it's a small city but is close to Rome.

vale d'aosta for sure german/austrian/italian/french heritage

My 2 favourites were them or Venezia. Val d'aosta for the foreign heritage (and think about all those regens!!!!!) but venezia for all the regens from the Veneto (4.8 million in the veneti region compared to 126k in Val d'aosta). Is a tricky choice between them 2. Want to choose the right one as I want this to be a really long term save (20/30 seasons plus).

Go Aprilia!!! FC Aprilia are based in the Serie C2/C (Lega Pro Seconda Divisione in actual life) and are located in Lazio, near Rome. They have a stadium that seats 2,000 and are a really fun team to play with. They have a reasonable wage and occasionally even money for transfers!

Archived