RAINMAKER V5 and SILK & STEEL V5....... Yes, there back......

Well, i had a great first season using my Triple X set but season 2 performances dropped off for some reason.

That gave me the perfect excuse to revisit my original 2 tactics and finally update them for 14.3.

RAINMAKER v5

M1A6e3I.png

SILK & STEEL v5

Ck7uS4z.png

Tweaked a few bits on the Team & Player Instructions. We are now running with 2 Complete Forwards on Attack duty which is great for counter attacking.

Football is excellent, results have been very good but my main issue has been corners, conceding too many not scoring enough. I have got the defensive routine as good as i can get and have even scored some break away goals. Attacking corners I have gone with a short corner routine which although not massively prolific looks fantastic when it comes off. If anyone has any better corner set up's defence and/or attack i'd be very open to suggestions.

(due to our short corner routine just put your Full Backs taking corners, doesn't matter about their attributes)

My season, just missed out on Champions League mainly due to my progress in all the cups and losing 4 key players to the African cup of nations around XMAS and getting 4 injuries at the same time meaning I had only 13 fit players. (my bad).

Chelsea are unstoppable in my save but it was immensely satisfying beating them in the League Cup final using Silk & Steel all the way :brock:

qKF0xi2.png

DOWNLOADS

RAINMAKER v5

https://www.mediafire.com/?n7li33ud199cz4k

SILK & STEEL v5

https://www.mediafire.com/?hzr1n337cx4d7qx

*** Use RAINMAKER when favourite, SILK & STEEL when underdog. RAINMAKER to recover if you go behind, SILK & STEEL to protect a lead late on ***

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knackered, so will be quick. will elaborate tomorrow.

COMPLETE FORWARDS/ATTACKS

ACCELERATION

finishing

composure

off the ball

CENTRAL MIDFIELD ATTACK

ACCELERATION

finishing

passing

composure

BOX TO BOX

WORK RATE

tackling

passing

determination

ANCHOR

TACKLING

positioning

determination

strength

FULL BACKS

CROSSING

passing

acceleration

work rate

CENTRE BACKS

JUMPING REACH

positioning

marking

tackling

(make sure 1 is quick and put on left CB (cover) position.

GOAL KEEPER

AERIAL ABILITY

reflexes

one on one's

handling

PREMIER LEAGUE - AIM 15 FOR KEY ATTRIBUTE 12 FOR THE OTHER 3 AS MINIMUM STANDARD.

Anything better than this is gravy. scale accordingly to your division.

God do you ever sleep? Great work as usual but I am probably going to stick with Triple X set as my current squad composition is best suited for that formation.

This is definitely the last tactic I'll put up this year!

How does it play compared to v2? I won 1st season EPL title as Southampton playing exclusively with S&S in 14.3 so its not like it needed a radical overhaul.

Not massive changes as you mentioned S & S didnt need it. Just tweaked a few player & team instructions slightly and changed one of the front roles.

RAINMAKER is a bit different, and plays very well when you are favourite. S & S used in isolation can lead to a lot of draws where as Rainmaker is a decisive tactic and it should deal with teams who come and park the bus.

Ah Mr R, you are like the ambassador with the Ferrero Rocher...you spoil us! Look forward to seeing the further detail on the player roles - are the key attributes generally the same as on V2? I would imagine the FB ones may be different as the duty has changed?

Ah Mr R, you are like the ambassador with the Ferrero Rocher...you spoil us! Look forward to seeing the further detail on the player roles - are the key attributes generally the same as on V2? I would imagine the FB ones may be different as the duty has changed?

Yeah, crossing and passing will be key for the FB's

Although I was very happy with the Rainmaker / SS combo I graduated to DOM combo. Why do you think going back to Rain/SS is better. I understood XXX as you wanted wingers but you are back to only defenders on the wings. Why is this better than DOM?

Although I was very happy with the Rainmaker / SS combo I graduated to DOM combo. Why do you think going back to Rain/SS is better. I understood XXX as you wanted wingers but you are back to only defenders on the wings. Why is this better than DOM?

Not saying one is better than the other. Pick a formation you like and build a team around it any of them should work well.

Just felt I had unfinished business with S&S and Rainmaker and wanted to update them.

If your happy with DOM no reason to change.

Been away from FM for a few days just returned to find a new S&S set maybe it will help with my 10 games without a win streak i am currently on... Bristol city season 2 in prem is an utter disaster, I was planning for a europa cup spot but maybe lucky to even avoid the sack, Charlie Austin has been an absolute disaster spent nearly 5 mill on him he still hasnt scored 10 games in to the season my other 4 strikers have a max of 2 goals each. Morale is rock bottom sittin 17th in the league and out of ideas so heres hoping this fixes it

hi Uwe can you please confirm all the players attributes for all the positions as there has been so many changes it is hard to follow or which attributes for who and and where. sorry to be a pain. look forward to from you soon.

hi Uwe can you please confirm all the players attributes for all the positions as there has been so many changes it is hard to follow or which attributes for who and and where. sorry to be a pain. look forward to from you soon.

put the attributes up on post 2. knackered, will fill out details tomorrow.

Hopefully these tactics can revive my old savegame where I started at my home town club Paderborn, then went to Bayern Munich and after winning everything I was looking for a new challenge and decided to lead West Ham back from the Championship to the Champions League. I will try these on my old save (stopped after the old Rainmaker stopped working when the game was updated from 14.2.2 to 14.3).

The original S&S was good it got my Bristol City team (a team i had never managed or knew anything about) into the premier league with 2 straight promotions. Then a season using the DOM set had me safely mid table, so along came the dreaded 2nd season, tried dom and xxx and neither were looking good in fact dom had me 17th not won in 10 games and heading for relegation i thought..

Then came this the return of a new improved S&S

DDeGHPp.png

NLVIPot.png

You can easily see when i started to use it and what its done to my league position lol Only used S&S no rainmaker at all

Thanks Drewshaw, thats really good to know. I knew Rainmaker was good as I'd used it a lot having a pretty strong team now. Hadnt had a run of games using S&S so your test is very useful.

Thanks

Thanks Drewshaw, thats really good to know. I knew Rainmaker was good as I'd used it a lot having a pretty strong team now. Hadnt had a run of games using S&S so your test is very useful.

Thanks

I think its me who should be saying thanks lol saved my bacon

Thanks Rösler for putting up these tactics. This new set for 14.3. paired with my old long-time-save (Paderborn-Bayern-Hammers) has finally brought me back to the game. Played the majority of the last 2 days and the tactics bring a new, beautiful counter attacking style which is really fun to watch.

One thing to consider: as we have very quick players for these tactics, wouldn't it make sense to instruct your players to 'drill crosses'? We're not getting a lot of headers anyway with our quick (mostly small) strikers so let's drill them in and make use of our quickness on the ground.

Thanks Rösler for putting up these tactics. This new set for 14.3. paired with my old long-time-save (Paderborn-Bayern-Hammers) has finally brought me back to the game. Played the majority of the last 2 days and the tactics bring a new, beautiful counter attacking style which is really fun to watch.

One thing to consider: as we have very quick players for these tactics, wouldn't it make sense to instruct your players to 'drill crosses'? We're not getting a lot of headers anyway with our quick (mostly small) strikers so let's drill them in and make use of our quickness on the ground.

I'm also really enjoying using this set, its pretty simple football but effective. My MC/a is out scoring my complete forwards. Not sure if thats normal or whether I've just discovered a monster player for the role,

Agree on drill crosses. Should probably be on although headed goals are pretty effective on 14.3

Dont want to jinx it but with 5 games to go i am in a champ league spot with a 2 point cushion over 5th and a 4 point cushion over 6th but i have easily the hardest run in as i have to play chelsea and arsenal, its definitely squeeky bum time

Very next game the jinx has been set lost to swansea lmao

Quick update final game of the season sitting 5th about to play Arsenal away ( just won the prem ) need west brom to beat Norwich (4th)

Never really stood a chance got hammered 3-0 shame if i had won 4th would have been mine as norwich only got a point ended up 6th as chelsea won still considering where i was when i went to S&S V5 its still a miraculous achievement with a full season of it and some clever transfers i think top four is a real possibility next season

Quick update final game of the season sitting 5th about to play Arsenal away ( just won the prem ) need west brom to beat Norwich (4th)

Never really stood a chance got hammered 3-0 shame if i had won 4th would have been mine as norwich only got a point ended up 6th as chelsea won still considering where i was when i went to S&S V5 its still a miraculous achievement with a full season of it and some clever transfers i think top four is a real possibility next season

Good effort. You'll be favourite more often next season due to your rep boost so you'll need to use Rainmaker a lot more, which is no bad thing,

Midfield will be key, I'd focus on getting a high quality player for the cm/a role and after getting 2 box to box guys with 19 and 18 workrate and 18 & 17 tackling respectively I really started bossing games, even the very top teams are struggling against me.

Good effort. You'll be favourite more often next season due to your rep boost so you'll need to use Rainmaker a lot more, which is no bad thing,

Midfield will be key, I'd focus on getting a high quality player for the cm/a role and after getting 2 box to box guys with 19 and 18 workrate and 18 & 17 tackling respectively I really started bossing games, even the very top teams are struggling against me.

Got this guy as my mc/a

txyO3af.png

time to start searching unfortunately i have no money these Bristol city owners are being total and utter nightmares

He's looking good for 18. Think you've got someone for the next 15 years!

Reckon with the right training you can get his finishing to 14 maybe 15. He would be brilliant then.

With a quarter of the season still to go my cm/a has just bagged his 20th goal and 12th man of the match award.

He's looking good for 18. Think you've got someone for the next 15 years!

Reckon with the right training you can get his finishing to 14 maybe 15. He would be brilliant then.

With a quarter of the season still to go my cm/a has just bagged his 20th goal and 12th man of the match award.

Yep he could certainly save me a few pounds in the transfer market his finishing is the 1 part of his game that needs real improvement i just hope i dont have to sell him because of dodgy owners who would rather have money in bank than success on the pitch, mind you you cant blame them i have built the club on a shoestring keep pulling up trees in the league probably need a failure of a season to convince them to give me the cash i need lol

If i had a 20 goal a season man anywhere in my team i would have easily been top 4 this season, highest scorer got 12 in fact 2 of them got that many no one else even near double figures

Also been offered 3 interviews Arsenal,Spurs and my hometown club Newcastle thats a decision to be made

I had to come back to these tactics. From the original 'Fulcrum' set this formation saw my favourite moments of the current FM.

Because I didnt have a pre-season with the tactic Ive been using S&S exclusivly due to it having all fluidity the same as the DOM sets, bar formation. the rainmaker set became very unfluid so Ive just used that when going behind.

Im currently 3rd after 26 games with FC Utd, although I have 2 games in hand - am1 point off of top spot. 22 league games unbeaten (Man U, Man C and Chelsea are ridiculously consistant aswell)

Only using S&S means Im not scoring to many goals but I have conceded very few

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/JuanCarlosGalvaacuten_OverviewProfile-5_zps8d6167c4.png CFL

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/StevenDisley_OverviewProfile-2_zps5e2ae31a.png CFR

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/Alexssander_OverviewProfile_zps6c825683.png CMA

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/DannyBarrett_OverviewProfile_zps10651353.png BBM

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/danarlow90/FrankSchuumltz_OverviewProfile_zps42a398bc.png BBM

Thats my current front 5.

Cant wait for the next season to get rainmaker going and start banging in goals!!!

You must be favourite in a lot of games so S&S is not optimal. Considering that your doing well.

You should fly next season using Rainmaker more with those players.

I'd rethink the box to box guys. Very high workrate guys are available as it's a mental attribute. Combine that with high tackling and you are constantly winning the ball in midfield and feeding it to your 2 lurking Complete forwards.

Yea Im only winning games I should dominate 1-0/2-1. I only had 3 points from my first 4 games though with the DOM set and the familiarity drop I felt was abit risky!

Then again I can go to the Nou Camp and win 5-2 (their goals from a DFK and a corner)

Barrett I signed for the CM(S) role for the DOM set and Schutz was a part ex (plus 7m) for my old left back. I was planning on replacing them in Jan but I found Alex (who is a wonderkid) and I buckled and spent 20m on him! 2 wonderkids in that front 5 was just to tempting!

Excellent tactic, had been using your XXX tactic with Chelmsford, which had me top of the league then a big dip in form left me 7pts behind the playoffs.

Changed to this tactic and wow, managed to make the playoffs on the last day of season and managed to win promotion.

I have bow changed over from the DOM set! And after actually looking through my players and which players play best where safe to say I'm starting to boss it again! Even though I'm 6th! But slowly creeping up the table, unfortunately I think I'm going to have to sell eriksen! As can't really fit him in anywhere

Quick update - When you launched these tactics earlier this week, I had reached December in my current season with MK Dons in L1. Had been using your XXX tactics up until that point with mixed results, was stuck in close to the bottom of the table, just outside the relegation zone as I couldn't get any consistency (media prediction was 8th). Since switching I've played 32 games, lost 7, drawn 7 and won 18 - Scored 58, conceded 37. Have mainly been rotating 4 strikers who between them have scored 51 goals (16 for the top scorer, who only signed in January). Climbed the table, and managed to nab the last play-off spot before getting beaten over the two leg semi by Wolves (who to be fair had been top of the league for most of the season before falling away in the last couple of games). Also managed to win the JPT.

So, another season ahead in L1, which I'm not too disappointed about. Have the core of my squad in place, but a number of high-earners who are out of contract who will move on, Have already managed to get the players I want to keep to sign new contracts. There is a fear that I may have to sell some of the better players though - been getting messages from the board since around November that they want to generate funds through player sales because of the club's dire financial situation (I took over at the start of the season with a £1.2m transfer budget and £80kpw wage budget. I did spend a fair bit of the transfer budget, but have got nowhere near reaching the wage limit.

Promotion has got to be the aim next season, but am confident that it can be achieved with the S&S/RM combo.

Ok, finished 5th in my last 2 seasons in Prem missing Champions League by 1 point each time...Grrrrrrr

Kicked on this season, you'd think with 47 points after 19 games you'd be top of the league...... think again...... try 3rd.

After this season i've only got 4 left to try and win the Premier League as I only allow myself 20 year saves.

20 years of team building by the top teams with no regard for financial fair play means every season at least one of them is going to have an unreal season.

XI5cPyZ.png

YuJZqK7.png

Thats a great first half of the season. Interesting strategy with the 20 years. I only really get into a save when all of the real players have gone.

I managed to win the FA cup and league. Lost to Madrid to a wonder goal smashed Newcastle 4-1 in the cup final, waited till I was infront of my home fans to win the league. Finished on 90 points, 3 clear of Man C.

My country also came calling so for the first ever time Im managing a national side. Funny thing is FC utd are paying me £875 p/w whereas England are playing me £99,000 p/w!! I always said I would only take the England job, and only if they offered it to me. Ive turned down Sweden, South Africa, Spain and Italy before, but I couldnt say no! Euros here we come then!!

The run goes on. This is the best i've ever played under any version of FM i think. Built a team around the attributes I advised and are now reaping the dividends.

Shame Arsenal are having a similar run, even though i've just beaten them. Still, just played and beaten all my main rivals so i have a chance.

Hp4FB3T.png

FcxEeJs.png

Started using these 2 tactics with Middlesbrough and the tactics are quality. Lost 2 games in 18 one was a friendly and the other in the cup against West Ham (Lost on Penalties) i'll post some pictures soon just going to do a few more games first. Brilliant tactics mate.

Solid start to the season witha full pre-season behind the tactic - beat Man Utd away for the first time ever with the best goal Ive ever seen on FM, in the 90th minute to make it 4 wins from 4 in the league, 10 for 2 against. Hopefully I caan be the first team defend the EPL for over a decade!

Im not savvy enough to upload a video from the game to here but if you want the general gist type in Lilian Nalis vs Leeds into youtube. (In fact watch the fanzone (why did they ever stop that???) for that game cos its brill haha) Its basically a carbon copy! - I woke the baby celebrating it!

Have to give RMv5 a go in the Brazilian Matto Grosso league, none of the DOM set worked going forward in Serie C great at the back tho' would of made a fortune betting on less than 1.5 goals a game if it was real life.

SSv2 worked great for the last 2 matches scored more goals than in the previous 7 using DoM,etc not sure why but think my poor midfield and the terrible pitches might have something to do with it.

Really pushing on in the 2nd season with these tactics. Just reached the end of August 2015 - Have made very few changes to the squad over the summer as the club does not have the money, just a couple of free transfers, as back-up, and a loan striker. 15 games played (8 of which were pre-season), 13 wins, 2 draws. 59 goals scored, 6 conceded (19 scored and 3 conceded in the competitive matches), and clean sheets in the last 5 matches. Top of the league (L1) and in 3rd round of the Cap1 Cup after beating Brighton (Championship) 4-0 in the last round. Very happy with that!

Archived