Need help, German national team is filled with random players in 2022 (was fine before that)

World Cup 2022 just started in my save and I've noticed that German national team has only 4 real players in it (regens, all other players are grey). I have deleted the necessary files back when I started this save in November and I'm sure everything was working fine before (for example Julian Draxler has 76 caps, Toni Kroos 123), but now it's broken. How do I fix this? Absolutely horrible :thdn:

You just need to re-do the deleting bits and it will sort itself out for the next set of international fixtures

IMO it won't.

Once you continue a save with the files not deleted you can never go back, you need to delete them before continuing the save.

You need to check each time FM14 updates or you verify the cache to make sure the relevant files haven't been reinstalled (14.2 for example did reinstall the files but the smaller updates haven't).

IMO it won't.

Once you continue a save with the files not deleted you can never go back, you need to delete them before continuing the save.

You need to check each time FM14 updates or you verify the cache to make sure the relevant files haven't been reinstalled (14.2 for example did reinstall the files but the smaller updates haven't).

The real competition names that also fixes this problem is save game compatible.

IMO it won't.

I don't think that's true. The type of files that govern these types of things (LNC files) edit games on the fly and so it would be unusual for them to be locked in after an update.

IMO it won't.

Definitely not true. Any and all changes you make to an lnc file, including its deletion, will take effect in your save-game(s) the next time that you load up the game.

What happened to the OP is a by-product of the fact that some of the official updates recreate some of the files in the lnc folder, but removing them will restore the previous state of play.

Hope this helps.

All I can say in previous versions where its happened to me deleting the files once the save has continued hasn't worked.

Maybe its different this version, I don't know.

It will always work with LNC files, it's EDT and DDT files where you have to start a new game for them to take effect -- and they shouldn't affect saves that are already running anyway.

Archived