FM Genie Scout- Beta 3 version released.

FrazT

Probably too late to request features, but maybe for FM09.

Could you get genie to add another 3 fields for us.

Average mental

Average physcial

Average technical

where it adds all the various fields and divides by the number for each section.

Cheers

Well, finally Genie Scout is starting to work reasonably well even on edited databases (I tried it with 2). Though I have only played a few days, so I don't know if it will fail after a while.

But it's moving forward, and that's very nice to know.

Originally posted by ShearersTino:

Where is the change list please

In the link I provided but here it is anyway:

Solved shortlist problem with non-visible regens, updated staff training rating system and corrected loading data errors. Beta 3 is the last beta before pre-release version

Still hasnt fixed ratings. Almost funny that 90% of people dont realise they are wrong and are therefore buying players who are no where near as good as they think they are.

Originally posted by Tom Leeburn:

Does geniescout recquire that you have fm installed to work?

e.g i play fm on a mac.

if i want to ue geniescout can i just transfer my save game to a pc, or will that pc also have to have geniescout installed?

To my knowledge, the Scout program just reads your save game so as long as it is available, it should work. Try it and advise if it works or not.

Originally posted by DS:

Still hasnt fixed ratings. Almost funny that 90% of people dont realise they are wrong and are therefore buying players who are no where near as good as they think they are.

DS I tried taking MiniScouts ratings into Genie but they seem to be calculated differently. I tried halving MiniScouts ratings and putting them into Genie but some of it wasn't practical.

Would it be possible for you to upload your modified Genie ratings? I would very much appreciate it.

In the RC1 new rating calculation system will be implemented. Influence of secondary skills to paticular position will be decreased, correspondingly influence of primary skills will be more powerful. Also there will marked skills which are too strong or too weak for current player's rating (bright green / red on the screen).

The new system is very useful to find players for low / middle level clubs (cheaters icon_smile.gif ). But for top-clubs old system is more accurate because it complexity.

http://fmukraine.org.ua/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=772&d=1211327116

Originally posted by Genie:

In the RC1 new rating calculation system will be implemented. Influence of secondary skills to paticular position will be decreased, correspondingly influence of primary skills will be more powerful. Also there will marked skills which are too strong or too weak for current player's rating (bright green / red on the screen).

The new system is very useful to find players for low / middle level clubs (cheaters icon_smile.gif ). But for top-clubs old system is more accurate because it complexity.

http://fmukraine.org.ua/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=772&d=1211327116

Genie the main problem is the influence of a player's weaker foot. In the current version you only give left and right foot a value of 5 each when really it should be more like 200 or something.

It is not my point of view, its a fact. Since 8.02 it has become more obvious. If you have 2 player with a CA of 150 and one is equally good with both feet and the other is poor with his weaker foot then the one with the poor weaker foot will have very high attributes compared to the one with the strong foot. Check it yourself if you dont believe me. However in the match engine they will perform equally well despite the much lower attributes the player with 2 strong feet has. That is because him having a strong second foot allows him to perform as if he had much higher attributes. There is a thread in the tactics forum about it if you want more information.

Very intersting thread. Really both-feet players must have significantly higher rating. I need make some research to understand how strong it influences on players ability. Then I will try implement it in the scout. Also there will some changes in the potential rating calculation algorithm.

Very intersting thread. Really both-feet players must have significantly higher rating. I need make some research to understand how strong it influences on players ability. Then I will try implement it in the scout. Also there will some changes in the potential rating calculation algorithm.

That's great that you have the time again to get so involved Genie. I waited some time for a successful version for FM08 and am delighted with the current one. I'd be even more pleased if you could include the tweaks you suggest. Thanks again icon14.gif

Thanks for granting my wish Genie icon_wink.gif

Good to see the program evolving with the game. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Spector:

I always get error :/

Try unchecking the option to compress your save game- if it still faults, post an error report in Genies forum and it will be looked at for the final version.

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the pasting he took when trying to finish the beta versions, Genie has been VERY loathe to post any info at all about the next version altho he has said all along that there will be a final version of the 08 tool. The last beta version has been pretty stable, but if he doesnt produce the last 08 version soon, the 09 demo version will be on us all in no time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
this tool stopped working for me when i started my second season! i don't get it. anyone else run into this?

Yes, but I've pretty much sorted it out.

If I change the Fake.Inc files I get a load failure

During the summer months before the calendar changes over I also get a problem which could also relate to competition names as I usually schedule several cups at the club.

If I wait it out it usually will start loading again after summer.

Hope FM09 version will be even more stable!

• 2 weeks later...
I've just downloaded beta 3 version. How accurate is the positional ratings?

I don't know what others will say, but the current rating is fine. The 'potential rating' depends on how the player develops obviously, and should be taken with a grain of salt, IMO. I've gone back to using PA and physical attributes when looking for young players. The filter system in Genie is immense and awesome.

Archived