Can i get an option to throw a boot at my players please

title is slightly tongue in cheek

however just had a team talk that peeved me off. So we're in the Scottish Challenge cup as a strong (top mid table kinda team) SPFL Championship side. Anyways in round 2 we draw our closest rivals at home who are 2 divs below us.

We have important league games surrounding the tie, so admittedly i did play my second string, although that second string would be more than good enough for a mid table finish in the Championship. So should still be a routine win.

Anyways at half time we're drawing 1-1, so i let 'em have it. Tell them aggressively we need to do better.

Players responce, stressed.

Wait a minute, you guys are two divisions above these players, and you don't think you can beat them.

Reputation also shouldn't factor as we're now by far the bigger of the 2 clubs, even when we where in the same league I'm sure i had the higher rep. Although i might be wrong on that.

You're putting too much pressure on them. Once in a while is okay but too often and you inhibit them, especially if they are young and/or a bit flaky.

Once in a while is all i do.

The reason i used it in this case was because it should have been a routine and simple win,

Then many of them likely have a low hidden attribute 'pressure'. You'll know to treat them with kid gloves in future.

They might handle it better in future when pressure and determination rise and you become one of their favourite people. Do you have a young squad? Pressure tends to be low with youngsters.

Then many of them likely have a low hidden attribute 'pressure'. You'll know to treat them with kid gloves in future.

They might handle it better in future when pressure and determination rise and you become one of their favourite people. Do you have a young squad? Pressure tends to be low with youngsters.

Average squad ages is 24 according to the screen.

Admittedly there was a couple of the younger guys in the team that day, at the same time tho my 2 most senior players where getting a game too tho.

you mentioned closest rivals, this may be the case as well, it's additional stress... Plus they know they should win cause their better, and that also counts towards them being stressed, cause they all know that, and if they wont win there will be a big fuss about it...

I would be more content with an option that read:

'You are about to set your team ablaze. This will result in your immediate dismissal from your position as manager. Are you sure you want to go through this?'

Well, after my 0-2 loss at home to 18th-placed Millwall just then, yes, I wish I could. A boot kicked at a player does not suffice with a result like that.

Archived