FM14 Under Pressure

Introduction

I have been working on a series of tactic's recently that basically encompasses the sort of pressure football, that I see football evolving towards.

The following tactic has the whole team putting pressure on the opposition to attain possession, then works the ball into the box, via crosses or direct passing, to achieve goals.

This is a plug and play tactic that works with all teams of all levels. The better the team, the better the results. I have not bought or edited anything. The original squad/staff etc are what is used throughout the season.

Tactical Set Up

The purpose of the tactic is to pressurise the opposition into losing the ball high up the pitch. Defending from the front. This is done by making all the players undertake defensive roles. Then once in possession, the ball is retained and chances are hopefully created. By pressurising higher up the pitch, the aim is to harry the opposition into mistakes.

Choice of player roles

A goalkeeper and flat back four were chosen to basically do the job of keeping things tight at the back. The fullbacks were set to automatic to adapt and support attacks if and when they were needed.

The MC's are ball winning midfielders. Their sole remit is to attain possession and break up the oppositions play. One is defensive, the other support. Basically so they don't occupy the same space.

The wingers (AML/AMR) are basically defensive wingers. I wanted both to put pressure on the opposing team's fullbacks and again attain possession high up the pitch.

The forwards are both defensive forwards and as such are required to win the ball high up the pitch. I have tweaked them to run into channels so that when we are in possession they suddenly break into space.

Match Preparation/training/Opposition Instructions/team talks

I have the players training high intensity in order to learn tactics only. This is so the tactic becomes fluid as soon as possible. Thereafter, I have the players focusing on defensive positioning.

I use no opposition instructions.

When selecting the team, my only advice is select fit players. No one under 95% should be selected.

I'm loath to go into team talks etc, as that's mainly "how you play the game" and i'm not one for destroying or dictating folks individual experience. I expect a win assertively at the start or tell them to enjoy. If I am not 3 goals goal I tell them aggressively I expect something better in the second half. If they are 3 goals up I tell them passionately I am happy with what they are doing and to keep it up.

VZ9IISt.png

Team Instructions

These are listed below. They are chosen to fit the ethos I have outlined I want the team to commit to. The whole tactic is about compressing the space the opposition have to work in. Hence the high offside line and hassling opponents, coupled with the player roles.

I have chosen an attacking mentality as I expect my defensively minded players to win the ball high up the pitch, therefore as soon as they are in possession, I want them to attack. Its the only way to get round the conflicting player roles I have assigned. If I have a counter or defensive or even a standard mentality, the players seem to be more passive when in possession.

xFxcHgv.png

KW4JAX5.png

Player selection

Do not let the assistant manager do team talks or select the team. You can play out and out wingers as defensive wingers, whereas the assistant manager will have you pick DWL/R's instead for example.

So there you have it. What I consider to be a unique and damn good tactic. This to be shared or passed on only with my express permission and consent.

I will be updated this opening post with more information in the coming days.

Right now enjoy the tactic for what it is.

https://www.mediafire.com/?138o459ozfzatg6

Any questions, feel free to PM me or message myself on the thread.

A link to how pressure can be applied in FM is listed directly below;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375168-Chrissy-s-Tactical-Concepts-Part-1-Pressure-(other-parts-will-be-added-on-this-thread)

P.S. There is a slight issue with regards to the central defenders that I am working on. Will have it amended soon.

P.P.S. Big shout to Guido (of the dugout), without whom the offensive corners would be buggered. Basically without Guido I don't release any tactics as he is the dude that keeps me right on 101 things and the offensive corners are his!

Apologies for the delay. I have and still am tweaking things.

This tactic will work pretty solidly for most medium-upper level teams in a league. It will work for lower level sides in a league as well. Just trying to work out if a lower calibre of player, not the tactic, is the downfall of one issue.

I think in this FM, having a good set of players, like previous versions, helps. That's not to say this doesn't bridge the gap, however its not perfect.

I assume that the tactic was not fluid and/or you've thrown it in mid season perhaps. Have you made substitutions when players are tired, what team talks are you using? What are you doing wheny our a goal up or a goal down at half time. The list is bloody endless.

Posts like that tell me absolutely nothing. Please tell me how you are losing goals, what your having issues with. Then I can help.

I can see I am going to have to basically edit the opening post and add a segment on "how to play FM14" using this tactic.

There are so many variables that can lead to poor results, team meetings, player morale - correcting these things after a bad result and a whole host of other factors.

I was using FMC and implemented it at the start of the season, just didn't get a foot hold in games and suffered results like 4-1 to lazio at home.

Ok, hang fire. I am going to basically tomorrow night put up a post which will detail match prep, training, team talks and team meetings. Basically try and deal with all possible negative/positive scenarios.

I assume most of your goals have been players ghosting your defenders? I.e. running through them?

I am perhaps thinking this tactic is working because of the way I play FM. If that is the case then a mini-walk through guide of how I play might not be a bad thing.

I didn't notice FMC there. Look, cards on the table, I have never played the classic mode. So I can't really comment.

It may well be this is a tactic for the full game only due to the need to tinker with various aspects of it. For that I apologise.

I didn't notice FMC there. Look, cards on the table, I have never played the classic mode. So I can't really comment.

It may well be this is a tactic for the full game only due to the need to tinker with various aspects of it. For that I apologise.

no need to apologise friend, look i'll try it on the full version and get back to you yeah?

Looks good. i was a fan of the first tactic, played great football but failed in-front of the net. Hope this is the complete package.

I will state categorically that it will not be the complete package. Its a decent tactic, but its not a diablo. Like all tactics folk are going to have great and poor results. This one is no different in that respect.

I now have half a season to sit on it with the new tactics,

I notice that you have a much harder against better opponents than your old tactics.

I get away matches quite some excellent chances against loss and there a lot of.

I play with ajax in Season 5 and won your old tactics in this game all you could win, so it will not lie to my selection.

404feyenoord_thuis.jpg

734heracles_uit.jpg

719psv_thuis.jpg

Hey Chris (I believe, correct?),

I noticed you play with an higher defensive line, do you think your tactic would benefit from a sweeper keeper?

Tried it. However, note how teams then lob said keeper repeatedly.

I'm going to take a backseat from this thread now. if I have learned anything form previous threads, folk will post conflicting results and then claim the tactic is either awesome/awful etc.

Enjoy the tactic, if it works for you, great. If not, apologies.

Tried it with my leeds save for 6 games and won them all,good possession good football but my strikers were hopeless in front of goal,dont believe its the tactic though,the oppo keppers atm seem to be superhuman and save everything yet still only finish with a 6.7 rating. Good tactic mate **** ME letting the game down imo

Ok, I have by sheer luck found out that a previous tactic I have created is actually working amazingly well post patch.

So I will re-release it tonight and you can all basically lose your mind at the results it generates. I am that confident.

is that the one that klang on the dugout mentioned about.

Yep it is sir. Just tweaking the corners on it just now and testing variations in the mentality. Going to do a test save with a really ****** team to double check just how good it really is. I've tested it with Man Utd and Everton and had 20 games unbeaten with both teams, going to test it with Palace just now.

The link is directly below;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nd62od1u1a8ma15/pressure%203-1-4-2%20formation%20tweak.tac

Note that link is to the old tactic Klang referred to that I created. Will no doubt amend some things i.e. set pieces etc.

Yep it is sir. Just tweaking the corners on it just now and testing variations in the mentality. Its ridiculously good. Going to do a test save with a really ****** team to double check just how good it really is. I've tested it with Man Utd and Everton and had 20 games unbeaten with both teams, going to test it with Palace just now. Anything other than mid-table with an unchanged Palace side will be an effort.

The link is directly below;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hdb057425po9d8/P2%20-%20Attack3-1-2-2-2.tac

Note that link is to the old tactic Klang referred to that I created. Will no doubt amend some things i.e. set pieces etc.

Will give P2 - Attack3-1-2-2-2 a run. But i would prefer playing with full/wingbacks so may give your tweaked pressure tactic a run instead.

Are you the creator of Chrissys Way. I was on Chrissys Way pre-patch and it was destroying teams due to the corner bug.

Oh yes. I have a near perfect tatic that I am using in an online game. I have given it to a few guys to test and they are demolishing teams as well.

Don't suppose you could share it. Would love to test it!

If not will you be releasing in the future? Amd what formation is it?

Cheers bud, love your work!

Archived