No Long Range Goals

1st playing Barcelona and now playing with Tottenham , the story is the same ,i have completed a whole season without scoring not even one goal from outside the box.

It is obviously some kind of bug because is two seasons, with two different teams and with completely different formations.

Please someone check this out, this is NOT about not scoring goals, is about not scoring long range goals

Seeing a fair few from long range in my save.. 4th season in and my 2nd season with FC Halifax.. my cm and captain has scored a handfull of goals from 20/30yards out! :)

Edit: I imagine it's more common in the lower leagues because of the keeper quality.. as you go higher up the leagues keepers get better so takes something more special for a long range goal?

This is absolutely not my experience of the game.

On saves with Salisbury and Manchester United I'm seeing a big variety of goals, including thumped screamers from outside the box, and even the occasional lob from 30+ yards.

In addition, I'm seeing the opposition score a few long range efforts, so this definitely isn't an issue in my eyes, nor has it been mentioned once in the 45 page feedback thread.

However, the nature of forums is that we'll soon see this thread packed with examples of people who have never scored from distance :)

I see a plenty of long range goals.

I have players capable of smashing them in from 25+ yards though - have you got that?

In fairness, I see all sorts of goals going in, far too many in my own net (haha) but perhaps the most commonly scored goals come from crossing positions, but then, in reality, I'd imagine that's probably the same?

I don't have stats to back that up but I'm sure if I looked on Opta or something similar, those stats would be available.

FM and SI would surely try to emulate the actual results provided by statistical websites?

I see a plenty of long range goals.

I have players capable of smashing them in from 25+ yards though - have you got that?

In fairness, I see all sorts of goals going in, far too many in my own net (haha) but perhaps the most commonly scored goals come from crossing positions, but then, in reality, I'd imagine that's probably the same?

I don't have stats to back that up but I'm sure if I looked on Opta or something similar, those stats would be available.

FM and SI would surely try to emulate the actual results provided by statistical websites?

I think they follow the real life statistics too much. I can put Messi in league 2 and he doesnt score any more than normal.

hmm this is interesting.

On my FM14 Liverpool save I'm seeing a load of variation in my goals - little dinks, chips, audacious lobs, tap ins, placed shots and a fair few long range goals from my midfield (Gerrard in particular).

Suarez has scored at the end of some pretty spectacular dribbles as well!!

Archived