[RELEASED] Champions League Skin FM 2014 =UPDATE 1.1=

a31632

The “Champions League skin” is back, updated to version 1.1 a "must have" for all of you who are using the first release of the skin.

MINOR UPDATE on version 1.1:

- "instant result" button added (as requested by many), in right top corner of screen

- updated options in player profile screen, now more options to view in pull down

- added flags in titlebar and team titlebar

- additional new player profile panel (as a separate download), as alternative to the standard profile panel in version 1.1

Credit for the player profile panels goes again to Bergkamp from FM Korea

Screens & download links:

Instant result button:

04c6.jpg

Original player profile with additional dropdown options:

osad.jpg

Alternative player profile:

1xi8.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Minor update to 1.1 (need version 1.1 installed, these are ONLY additional/updated files):

http://depositfiles.com/files/hlyuv5qdf

Alternative player profile panel:

http://depositfiles.com/files/at4ui4rdn

The full update 1.1 includes:

- slow performance issues resolved

- more 180x180 player faces in screens

- an opacity/background selector

- in-game editor button added

- darker match scoreboard (it should look darker now, so better visibility of buttons and text)

- commentary bar standard in game that replaces the footer

- panels optimized for low(er) resolutions included in separate download

- many graphical updates to enhance the FM experience

- bug fixes and other adjustments, based on your feedback

When installed, detailed installation guide below, make sure you completely DELETE the old skin if you have the previous

version of the Champions League skin installed.

Don't overwrite the old skin as files that remain in the skin folder will cause problems with this updated version.

The opacity/background selector which you will find in the the top left corner of your screen allows you to easily

change the backgrounds and change the opacity (as the name says ;-))

It is now very easy to customize how transparent the backgrounds will be and switch between backgrounds.

If you want to use your own favorite background(s), just copy them to ".....\cl2014\graphics\backgrounds and replace the existing ones.

(they are named 1....6.pgn so rename your pic and after reloading the skin yours should be available)

Click on the "20%" text and you will see the opacity change between 20,40,60 and 80.

There is a file named "overlay.png" in the backgrounds folder.

This file makes the background look less bright, if you want you can delete it and your backgrounds will now look much lighter/brighter.

If you like to get the original footer back from the previous release: replace "footer.xml" in the panels folder of the skin with the original file,

now named "footer.xml.alt". After that rename the "alt" file to "footer.xml" and reload the skin again.

This "real footer" appearance changes with the colour of the header and it adds something different to the skin.

However, this element will remove the "commentary bar" from the match screen.

This is a matter of preference, some users feel the commentary bar is annoying and takes away from a "real match experience",

others like to have it in there, so here it is!

The lower resolution panels are included as a separate download.

ATTENTION: completely DELETE the existing "panels" folder before extracting the new files into a new "panels" folder, otherwise it won't work properly.

After unpacking the 7z file, as always, reload the skin with caching option "un-ticked" and the logos, player pictures, kits and other enlarged

portions of the screens should now look smaller, so better, on lower resolutions.

This has not been tested extensively, so there could still be some issues with lower resolution PC's.

The skin was created to work on high(er) resolutions, so even when some graphics have been adjusted to look better on lower resolutions,

it will be impossible to have the same amount of information on your screens as is the case with the high resolutions.

Previous notes and recognition:

The versions for FM 2011 and FM 2012 were mostly based on the classic Steklo X1 skin for FM 2011 made by Tom Dixon.

The original header is still used in this version, but it looks very different now in FM 2014.

I added custom graphics as well as the “FMF's Extended Information Panels” which I got to work this skin again.

Adjustment of many standard panels were made, which resulted in bigger player pictures, mostly 180x180 size, bigger pitch in tactics screens and logo's.

MASSIVE recognition goes to "Bergkamp" from FMKorea.net. His creative work with panels is amazing and almost every skin that is released uses panels created by him.

In this skin I also implemented some graphis effects and panels from "Flut" for which I want to give recognition, especially the "ticket" in the match preview screen caught my eye and I think it makes the skin look even better.

This is a dark skin, optimized for high(er) resolutions, my computer has a resolution of 1920x1080.

*****Please don't redistribute without my permission, either in original form or in a "tweaked" or "enhanced" version******

Installation instructions:

Extract the 7z file in x:\users\(your name)\My documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\skins\

If you don't have a "skins" folder you need to create one.

When you extract the 7z file it will automatically create a cl2014" folder, which contains the skin.

Make sure you un-tick "use skin cache" and reload the skin.

Alternatively you can restart the game with "skin cache" un-ticked.

This way not only the skin but also the included alternative graphics will be loaded correctly.

Notes:

If you like to use a different background, copy your favorite background picture to the folder:

".......\skins\cl2014\graphics\backgrounds".

Rename the picture to "1......6.jpg" and reload the skin.

Un-tick "skin cache" etc. as always while doing this.

Some people don't like the Jose Mourinho picture on the "intro screen", you either "love" or "hate" the guy......

If you want to replace it, I have added a file in the folder ".......\skins\cl2014\graphics\main menu" called "manager.png.alt"

You can delete the "manager.png" if you don't like Mourinho and either delete it or replace it with the alternative picture.

Any feedback on errors or bugs is greatly appreciated and I will try to follow up on that as much as I can.

DOWNLOAD LINK SKIN (1.1 version):

http://depositfiles.com/files/bd3m9u4tm

DOWNLOAD LINK PANELS (for lower resolutions):

http://depositfiles.com/files/sd3l7ksb0

ALTERNATIVE LINK PANELS :

http://depositfiles.com/files/36hb3ibuy

Updated screenshots:

qw8f.jpg

ay3k.jpg

cv12.jpg

jpj2.jpg

4c5y.jpg

4c2p.jpg

sskt.jpg

w5vn.jpg

kitb.jpg

7v6i.jpg

It is in the description....;-)

If you want the commentary bar back you have to replace the footer.xml with the file footer.xml.alt

Delete footer.xml from the panels folder, rename footer.xml.alt to footer.xml and reload the skin....et voila!

Some people, like me, don't like the commentary bar.

Never look at it and annoys me, so this way it's more like watching the match in real.

But all matter of preference.

I've read more on the forum here about skins slowing down the game. Haven't noticed it myself tbh. I always play with Steam offline and cache ticked. But according to what I read about this subject this helps only a bit , and skin would still be slower than the default skin for some reason.

Will look into this, thanks for letting me know , but seems to be with a lot of skins, so not only limited to this one.

what im getting is team color titlebar most are white and not team colour...i used other skins team hearts should be maroon but its white in your skin same for like hibs its white in yours green on other skins how can i fix this

also how can i add background logos

Game is working slow with this skin, what is the problem?

Yeah its a shame, this is a beautiful skin but its slowing everything down at the moment unfortunately.

@ a31632

z1gk.jpg

How can I make the competition font larger and make it sit centrally over the match score? Is it also possible to make the background container colour for this a bit more opaque too?

Also on the below panel how do I reduce the size of the kit icons?

xujb.jpg

Other than the speed issue this is a great skin! Cheers :)

There is an option in interface to use "reverse colors".

Maybe change that, if its ticked, untick it.

I tried it with Juventus for example.

Their colors are black/white, so the header will be either black or white, depending if the box is ticked it not.

Hope this helps!

what im getting is team color titlebar most are white and not team colour...i used other skins team hearts should be maroon but its white in your skin same for like hibs its white in yours green on other skins how can i fix this

also how can i add background logos

I added extra layers over the header, to make it more shiny/glossy.

Because of that the background logos are not showing.

So I had to choose between a better looking header or background logos ......

And I guess you know which option I preferred. LOL

Yeah its a shame, this is a beautiful skin but its slowing everything down at the moment unfortunately.

@ a31632

z1gk.jpg

How can I make the competition font larger and make it sit centrally over the match score? Is it also possible to make the background container colour for this a bit more opaque too?

Also on the below panel how do I reduce the size of the kit icons?

xujb.jpg

Other than the speed issue this is a great skin! Cheers :)

Thanks for the feedback.

The full screen scoreboard I didn't create myself, it was created for FM 2013 so at this time no idea how to edit this.

I'm not at my computer now, on the road on my phone so can't review anything.

The file that controls the kits is "match incidents small" and it is in the panels folder.

If you lower the value of the kit size in there it should be fine.

In my resolution the kits are fine, but mine is pretty high .

Cheers

there is defo something wrong with club colours in your skin if you go to man utd there color in your skin is white in other skins its red most of english prem are white titlebar but if you go into a player it has the team color i have used option in changing teambar color makes no differents

there is defo something wrong with club colours in your skin if you go to man utd there color in your skin is white in other skins its red most of english prem are white titlebar but if you go into a player it has the team color i have used option in changing teambar color makes no differents

First time I hear this, my guess is that the skin cache is not empty, making some elements of the skin not looking good.

I recommend clearing the cache, either from in game or manually in Windows. And reload the skin after that .

Maybe try to look at AS Roma, in my screenshots you can see how it should look like,

If its white too, it's definitely not related to the skin itself

That should do the trick I guess

First time I hear this, my guess is that the skin cache is not empty, making some elements of the skin not looking good.

I recommend clearing the cache, either from in game or manually in Windows. And reload the skin after that .

Maybe try to look at AS Roma, in my screenshots you can see how it should look like,

well i tried deleting my cache still same...other skins its fine...if i swpa titlebar xml of other skin it changes to proper colour

well i tried deleting my cache still same...other skins its fine...if i swpa titlebar xml of other skin it changes to proper colour

I'm sorry but have no idea what could have caused this.

As you can see in my screenshots its fine and you are (so far) the only person who has incorrect colors showing.

The only thing I know I had to work hard on to get my colors work correctly and not have a "bleached effect" when I started working on the skin was this part in "titlebar.xml"

<!-- coloured bar texture -->

<widget class="picture" id="texb" file="interface/titlebar/texture/bar" rthr="68">

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

</widget>

<!-- coloured title bar image -->

<widget class="picture" id="colb" file="interface/header/titlebar" rthr="78">

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->

<integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

</widget>

One file has value "ttcl" the other one "tbcl".

When I switch them around, my titlebar is not looking good, maybe in your case it is exactly the opposite?!?!?

Try that and let me know, you got me puzzled now ;-)

Amazing..............................................

Only got this feedback from a few, but appears that in some cases the code needs to be swapped in order to get the colours to work correctly.

Glad it worked out though, it's working now, that's the main thing

Thanks for the feedback.

The full screen scoreboard I didn't create myself, it was created for FM 2013 so at this time no idea how to edit this.

z1gk.jpg

Do you know which panel file is associated with that competition info panel? I thought it would be part of match title bar score.xml but that seems to be just for the team names and match score, not the competition info bar. If I can find the relevant .xml file I'll have a go at editing it.

I'm not at my computer now, on the road on my phone so can't review anything.

The file that controls the kits is "match incidents small" and it is in the panels folder.

If you lower the value of the kit size in there it should be fine.

Thanks, that worked :thup:

z1gk.jpg

Do you know which panel file is associated with that competition info panel? I thought it would be part of match title bar score.xml but that seems to be just for the team names and match score, not the competition info bar. If I can find the relevant .xml file I'll have a go at editing it.

Thanks, that worked :thup:

Glad you got that working ;-)

I'm 99% sure the file is "match full window" where the scoreboard is implemented.

I had a quick look at it and I think the "secret" lies in the code below:

<!--comp picture-->

<widget class="team_logo_picture" id="fxCo" scale_picture="true" alignment="centre_y,left" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="20" width="20">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-10"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="107"/>

<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />

<flags id="image_alignment" value="centre_x,left" />

<integer id="get_property" value="fxCo" />

</record>

</widget>

<container width="500">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="3"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="132"/>

<widget class="fixture_name_text" auto_size="horizontal" id="fxnm" spec="text,large,bold" size="9" alignment="top,left" colour="white" font="fonts/match comp name">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="10"/>

<integer id="get_property" value="FxNm" />

"match comp name" seems to be the target you are looking for.

I never go into full screen mode as I prefer my scoreboard on the other screen, but I'm curious if you get it looking better.

Let me know,

Cheers

Game is working slow with this skin, what is the problem?

I'm currently working on an update that addresses some issues, the speed is one if them ;-)

Would you mind, when I have finished it, that I send you a download link in PM and test it for me if its also working better with you?

Sort of a "BETA tester" program LOL

Thanks, probably ready in a week or so.

Are you referring to stadium backgrounds in the skin, or the stadium pictures in club screens?

As you can see in my screenshots my backgrounds in the club screens are working.

If you are looking for stadium backgrounds to be active instead of using one solid background, you can activate that by pasting this line into the "cl2014 settings.xml" file which can be found in the "cl2014\settings" folder:

<boolean id="enable_background_changes" value="true" />

After this, reload the skin and your background changes are activated.

I'm not sure why the league table is showing this.

Did you empty the skin cache and reload the skin and is it still showing after that?

Or did you add some graphics or other panels in the "panels" folder of the skin? This can also cause this to happen.

In my skin it is all good, and haven 't heard this before, so must be something specifically to your situation I think.

Here is my screenshot of that same screen:

q5pz.jpg

There is a BBC logo in the file "match full window.xml".

The code can be found in lines 346-349:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="icons/logos/bbcsport" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="135" width="180" image_alignment="centre" transparency="0.9">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-22"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right" inset="25"/>

</widget>

With the values above you can play around to change the position etc.

Are you referring to stadium backgrounds in the skin, or the stadium pictures in club screens?

As you can see in my screenshots my backgrounds in the club screens are working.

If you are looking for stadium backgrounds to be active instead of using one solid background, you can activate that by pasting this line into the "cl2014 settings.xml" file which can be found in the "cl2014\settings" folder:

<boolean id="enable_background_changes" value="true" />

After this, reload the skin and your background changes are activated.

I'm not sure why the league table is showing this.

Did you empty the skin cache and reload the skin and is it still showing after that?

Or did you add some graphics or other panels in the "panels" folder of the skin? This can also cause this to happen.

In my skin it is all good, and haven 't heard this before, so must be something specifically to your situation I think.

Here is my screenshot of that same screen:

I meant the stadium pictures in club screen. As for the league table there are other issues that are also not visible and some boxes has the font size too large, but yes I cleared the skin cache in preferences and then reload it.

Hey man I really like your skin! I tried to copy some panels to the other skins (original black and white skins), but some boxes (I think) are missing.

bWlNctp.png

In the red part can you tell me what is missing?

I'm not behind my computer now so can't look it up.

The panel is "match pre match panel" and it looks like there are some graphics missing in the graphics folder of the skin that you copied the panel into.

It is located in "graphics\boxes\" but as I'm not at my laptop I can't check it.

If you open the xml you can see to which graphics it is looking, and you check which graphics you need to copy as well to get it properly

I meant the stadium pictures in club screen. As for the league table there are other issues that are also not visible and some boxes has the font size too large, but yes I cleared the skin cache in preferences and then reload it.

Sorry to hear that you have issues

I couldn't recreate your graphics problem , so have no idea what is causing this.

Only got this error from you so seems to have something to do with your configuration or computer.

I'm currently working on an update so I'm reloading the skin lots if times during my adjustments and never got any graphical glitches like these.

The only thing, as I mentioned before , that I can think off is when panels from other makers or skins are added and they conflict with my panels ....

Sorry that I can't resolve this for you, maybe the update will work better for you ;-)

What news uploaded?

Update will be ready in a week or so. Most likely in the weekend of November 30.

I want to test it more before releasing it.

If anyone notices bugs or mistakes, please let me know.

Please don't complain if you are working in much lower resolutions that it doesn't show all.......that is to be expected when playing at a low resolution.

There is only so much you can put on a screen and with enlarged faces/logos and bigger boxes, space can be limited.

I'm thinking of releasing a low(er) resolution version with smaller faces/logos etc. To accommodate these requests, but this is meant to be a skin for high(er) resolutions ;-)

I must say that your work is amazing.

You gave us such a great skin, although some of the panels might be to big for my 1366x768 resolution on laptop. I guess a lot of people use laptops so making this skin adoptable on lower resolution will be really good.

I want also to point one thing. When I play a match and want for example to change tactics, I stop the match, open header, but there is problem, buttons are white and header background colour is also white and also text on buttons (for example Tactics) is also white. Can you tell me how can I change that background colour of a header in a match, or just to change colour of the text?

Also, I found that some guy made some larger scoreboard, it really looks great, but I can't implement it into your skin.

Can you help me with these issues?

P.S. I also needed to revert ttcl and tbcl to get skin working :)

You gave us such a great skin, although some of the panels might be to big for my 1366x768 resolution on laptop. I guess a lot of people use laptops so making this skin adoptable on lower resolution will be really good.

I want also to point one thing. When I play a match and want for example to change tactics, I stop the match, open header, but there is problem, buttons are white and header background colour is also white and also text on buttons (for example Tactics) is also white. Can you tell me how can I change that background colour of a header in a match, or just to change colour of the text?

Also, I found that some guy made some larger scoreboard, it really looks great, but I can't implement it into your skin.

Good to know, will add that in the description when I release an update .

I will look into the header issue.

When I worked on the skin the header was completely white and because I added another layer it was at least a bit visible.

Problem is that the scoreboard header can't change colour like the header , so if the team names are light it can be tough to read.

Maybe I can do something about the buttons, will see.

Thanks for the compliment , appreciate it

Worked hard on it!

Update will be ready in a week or so. Most likely in the weekend of November 30.

I want to test it more before releasing it.

If anyone notices bugs or mistakes, please let me know.

Please don't complain if you are working in much lower resolutions that it doesn't show all.......that is to be expected when playing at a low resolution.

There is only so much you can put on a screen and with enlarged faces/logos and bigger boxes, space can be limited.

I'm thinking of releasing a low(er) resolution version with smaller faces/logos etc. To accommodate these requests, but this is meant to be a skin for high(er) resolutions ;-)

Thanks you =)

Sorry to hear that you have issues

I couldn't recreate your graphics problem , so have no idea what is causing this.

Only got this error from you so seems to have something to do with your configuration or computer.

I'm currently working on an update so I'm reloading the skin lots if times during my adjustments and never got any graphical glitches like these.

The only thing, as I mentioned before , that I can think off is when panels from other makers or skins are added and they conflict with my panels ....

Sorry that I can't resolve this for you, maybe the update will work better for you ;-)

Thanks anyway.

I'll be waiting for that update :thup:

Good to know, will add that in the description when I release an update .

I will look into the header issue.

When I worked on the skin the header was completely white and because I added another layer it was at least a bit visible.

Problem is that the scoreboard header can't change colour like the header , so if the team names are light it can be tough to read.

Maybe I can do something about the buttons, will see.

Thanks for the compliment , appreciate it

Worked hard on it!

I removed one xml (can't remember now which one) and the background was blue with CL logo on the right, so currently I use that one and it looks good, although also font changed and team names are not good looking as you intended to be, but at least it works, so now I can see buttons :)

Hey man I really like your skin! I tried to copy some panels to the other skins (original black and white skins), but some boxes (I think) are missing.

bWlNctp.png

In the red part can you tell me what is missing?

I'm assuming you want all the boxes to be showing the same transparency/darkness etc. Basically the same graphics used.

You have to open "match post match panel.xml" and you will see for example at line 7: <container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/pre post match/paper">

There are different alternatives, depending on your personal preferences and available graphics.

You can choose for very dark backgrounds or transparent etc. (another value is appearance="boxes/band/match/paper"

It depends on which graphics you have in your skin what your end result will be.

As an extra you have options like: "bordered_box", "subsection_box" and "plain_box", all give completely different results depending on what you are trying to achieve.

If you want the bottom section to become as dark as the top, open the indicated panel and look which value is indicated with the top 2.

Change the 3rd one (if in the same panel) to the same path and reload the skin, it should look the same after that.

If there is "link" to another panel at the bottom of the xml and no 3rd box with options, open that other panel it is referring to and change that one.

Sometimes multiple panels are linked with each other that way, believe me.....skinning can be quite a puzzle.....(or maybe maze is a better word ;-))))

Good luck with your editing, can be done in 2 minutes, can also take you 1 hour......

It's really strange, I have included a screenshot of the match titlebar and as you can see it is more grey than white with me

The white text is readable and the buttons are visible.........

9jaj.jpg

Edit: I am able to make the header darker for you, do you think that would help? I can adjust the graphics so that it will become even more grey, so in your case you should be able to read white text and see the white buttons better.

Let me know and I will send you the adjusted graphics with instructions

I'm assuming you want all the boxes to be showing the same transparency/darkness etc. Basically the same graphics used.

You have to open "match post match panel.xml" and you will see for example at line 7: <container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/pre post match/paper">

There are different alternatives, depending on your personal preferences and available graphics.

You can choose for very dark backgrounds or transparent etc. (another value is appearance="boxes/band/match/paper"

It depends on which graphics you have in your skin what your end result will be.

As an extra you have options like: "bordered_box", "subsection_box" and "plain_box", all give completely different results depending on what you are trying to achieve.

If you want the bottom section to become as dark as the top, open the indicated panel and look which value is indicated with the top 2.

Change the 3rd one (if in the same panel) to the same path and reload the skin, it should look the same after that.

If there is "link" to another panel at the bottom of the xml and no 3rd box with options, open that other panel it is referring to and change that one.

Sometimes multiple panels are linked with each other that way, believe me.....skinning can be quite a puzzle.....(or maybe maze is a better word ;-))))

This is the "new" post match panel I have finished, it is a standard lay-out, but I have enlarged all player pictures, added background logos etc.

For high resolution, it looks much better than the original tiny thumbnails......

Good luck with your editing, can be done in 2 minutes, can also take you 1 hour......

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/4029/e5jj.jpg

Again, all depends on personal taste etc. You can create your own graphics this way

Thank you man, I will give it a try, and see if I can fixe it.

It's really strange, I have included a screenshot of the match titlebar and as you can see it is more grey than white with me

The white text is readable and the buttons are visible.........

9jaj.jpg

Edit: I am able to make the header darker for you, do you think that would help? I can adjust the graphics so that it will become even more grey, so in your case you should be able to read white text and see the white buttons better.

Let me know and I will send you the adjusted graphics with instructions

Take a look mine screenshot

35ia9hw.png

Archived