FM14: Alex from Coritiba (Deserves his own thread)

Wiitastic

Anyone else notice this guy? What a beast in FM14. You can all thank me later.

Check him out, you will thank god you did.

As you can see in the screenshot below, he may be 36 in FM14 first season but don't let that fool you. He still has amazing Mental/Technical stats. I got him on a Free after unsettling him from his club of Coritiba. But if needed sooner rather than later, you SHOULD be able to pick him up for around 2.5m or thereabouts.

amtk.jpg

Before I ended up getting him in the January transfer window, at the end of 2013 in Brazil, this guy won a few awards. 2013 Sth American footballer of the year, 2013 Brazilian First Division player of the year, Named in Sth American team of the year & 2013 Brazilian Golden Boot.

As you can also see in the below screenshot, in 2013 in Brazil, overall he scored 44 goals in 60 matches. Including 15 assists & 22 Player of the match awards. In 14 matches for me from January to May, he scored 22 goals and 10 assists. Quite amazing at 36 years of age.

4ibz.jpg

With being able to purchase him for cheap, if you are a mid table club or higher in your league, why not try him out? He is a beast in my saved game. He currently has a2 year deal remaining on his current contract at my Liverpool. Who knows, if he keeps performing like his did in the 2nd half of the 1st season, I may just offer him a new 2 year deal to make him 40 and still playing in the EPL.

Don't forget Ze Roberto from Gremio. And he has also amazing physical attributes for a 39 year old. This is him in Febuary 2013. Worth every penny. Could've bought for cheaper and contract could've been lower but had to make sure he was coming to Milan.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-04at72930PM_zpsfdc4fdaa.png.html

Just when you thought you'd seen it all here is ZE ROBERTO !!!!

aaah, Alex! probably the best ever player to play for my beloved Fenerbahçe, had to see his contract being terminated by our dictat.., sorry, chairman Aziz Yıldırım after the two fell out at the beginning of last season.

Despite his insane technical and mental skills, Alex is very poor in terms of physical skills. And that's why he had not played for the Brazilian national team since 2004 in real life. Hence, it is impossible to get him as an EPL team in the beginning of the 2013-14 season, there is no way he can qualify for a work permit. Of course, he may have been selected frequently for the national team in the game so that becomes eligible for a work permit after a couple of seasons, but this is also very unlikely.

Probably my favourite ever player outside of Europe. He has always been amazing in the game series for as long as I can remember and I think this is the first FM that he's not with Fenerbache (who I always play with and follow in real life).

It doesn't seem possible, as thermo stated, to get him for an EPL team at the beginning, which is a shame because with those technical skills, he would be an unbelievable enganche.

Alex de Souza :) Dont worry about his physical stats, his mental and technical stats cover more than enough. Besides he should be given a role like an "orchestra chef" between midfield and forward. He doesnt really need to run and tackle and fight and hassle for 90 minutes to be useful, he already knows where he should stand. And his balance is good enough to stand on his feet when necessary.

For me, he can play in any team in the game(madrid,barcelona, bayern...) IF ONLY the tactic and other 10 players in the team are arranged and adjusted around him. Otherwise its very hard for him to fit to an already existing team with a set tactic. So if you are managing a mid-table maybe euro cup team and if you compete for higher than that, i definately advise him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived