Demanding money to leave

lam

Hi,

I'm not going to post this as an FM14 bug because I am sure it was still present in FM13.

I am playing as Spurs and am trying to sell Adebeyor. I have an offer of 3.8m from Liverpool. However he wants £36,000 per week for the remainder of his contract to leave. His contract is for another three years so this value is £5.6m.

So, lets do the math, 3.8 in and 5.6 out. leaving a net loss of 1.8m

How is that good business? Instead of having someone sitting around bench warming, who isnt to bad a player, instead I pay 1.8m to lose him.

*EDIT*

Thankfully I was able to cancel the deal, but how did my DoF think it was good?

This is what my Director of Football thought was a good move.

I placed Ade on the unwanted list and it costs me 1.8m..............

Hi,

I'm not going to post this as an FM14 bug because I am sure it was still present in FM13.

I am playing as Spurs and am trying to sell Adebeyor. I have an offer of 3.8m from Liverpool. However he wants £36,000 per week for the remainder of his contract to leave. His contract is for another three years so this value is £5.6m.

How is that good business? Instead of having someone sitting around bench warming, who isnt to bad a player, instead I pay 1.8m to lose him.

*EDIT*

Yes in the long term you lose 1.8m but save yourself 5.6-1.8=3.8m However you can also take the risk of someone actually fully buying him or it not happening and being stuck with him

The only thing that annoys me about players demanding money to move is that it doesn't work both ways; you have to pay to let a player go to a club who can't pay the wages he's demanding, but when you can't offer big wages to someone, that player can't ask his club to pay some of his wages for the remainder of his contract :(

The only thing that annoys me about players demanding money to move is that it doesn't work both ways; you have to pay to let a player go to a club who can't pay the wages he's demanding, but when you can't offer big wages to someone, that player can't ask his club to pay some of his wages for the remainder of his contract :(

This for me is the most annoying thing in FM. It happened to me all the time when I was Chelsea, I'd have a guy on 120k a week and he'd want to move, but I'd need to pay 50 or 60k a week for the rest of his contract.

Are you sure about that? Let's say Fernando Torres gets transfer listed (very possible) and you make a bid for him. He's on some insane unjustified wage like £200k/wk so chances are he'd be taking a sizable pay cut in any move. How do you know that when you finalize the deal, Chelsea hasn't agreed to pay him a bunch of money to get rid of him?

This for me is the most annoying thing in FM. It happened to me all the time when I was Chelsea, I'd have a guy on 120k a week and he'd want to move, but I'd need to pay 50 or 60k a week for the rest of his contract.

It's realistic though that if you want to unload players you (or the previous regime) were numpty enough to give stupid contracts to....you get stung.

Ask Pompey. They still owe nearly £7m to former players. Now that's how not to run a club.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/8913566/

He can and does, I have a screenshot from FM11 where a player I bought did that.

*EDIT*

As people have explained to you already, you are missing the point here.

Adebayor has a contract with you. He earns, I don't know, say 100,000 Pounds per week. Now, you put him on the transfer list. He probably does not want to leave, as he feels pretty comfortable in London, and the salary is good. Now comes Liverpool and offers YOU 3.8m for him, but offers HIM only 60,000 Pounds a week.

Why should he leave?

Would you leave your current job, and earn 40% less, just because your employer gets 4m for that move?

I don't think so.

So he asks YOU: "If you want me to leave, please make up for it, and at least pay me the difference of my current wage to what Liverpool offers. Otherwise, I won't leave, and will get my 100,000 per week from Tottenham, as stated in the contract. I prefer to earn 100,000 and spend it on girls, beer and cars, than earning 60,000. Thank you very much."

This is not a bug.

This is labour law. (And common sense).

PS:

You also seem not to have noticed that the wages you pay are directly affecting your transfer budget, because both are related. So if you WOULD get rid of the 100,000 Pounds you pay Adebayor, it would be very beneficial to your financial situation. Even paying him might be still worth it. Although probably less so.

PPS:

Your director of football did a perfectly reasonable job. The coach puts a player on the "unwanted" list, which means that he apparently does not intend to field the player. Meaning: The value of the player will probably drop, and the club spends a huge salary on an employee who isn't even doing anything for the company. So any offer to get rid of that player is most welcome.

I did this with Chivu at Inter. He was earning £66k and agreed a deal with Twente, but wanted £20k per week in order to complete the deal. I was perfectly happy to pay this as the alternative was me forking out an extra £46k per week for a player who wasn't getting games, was unhappy and hogging my wage budget. I freed up £46k and was able to bring in two hot prospects as replacements. Seems like good business to me.

As people have explained to you already, you are missing the point here.

Adebayor has a contract with you. He earns, I don't know, say 100,000 Pounds per week. Now, you put him on the transfer list. He probably does not want to leave, as he feels pretty comfortable in London, and the salary is good. Now comes Liverpool and offers YOU 3.8m for him, but offers HIM only 60,000 Pounds a week.

Why should he leave?

Would you leave your current job, and earn 40% less, just because your employer gets 4m for that move?

I don't think so....

Perfectly summed up. :thup:

Archived