dafuge's FM14 challenge

When adding a new manager, choose one of the new clubs promoted to the Skrill North or South to manage. A quick way to check the new teams is to find the England team 'Overview', then the 'season summary'. Just above the FA Cup summary you should find a list of six new teams.

Yeah overlooked it dafuge cheers,just choosing team just now mate. ;)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REDDITCH FC

CQ8dqUn.jpg

Redditch tonight unveiled Steff Mcallister as their new manager at the Valley stadium.Mcallister has a reputation of standing on the touchline guzzling cans of lager during matches and the players are sure to see some scottish mentality drilled into the team.

Manager Profile

dCoJuim.png

Wish me luck(again) lads

150px-Truro-city-football-club.png

Our defense went from bad to laugh out loud bad.

League Table

Geoff Brown pretty much forgot how to defend and my goalkeepers just seemed to stop caring. We started out by losing 3-6 in our first game and were in 21st after 15 games at which time I almost quit and was getting close to being fired. but we buckled down, abandoned the idea of wing players (partially because we lost our only good one to injury) and pulled ourselves back to 11th. Then injuries and my over aggression dropped us back to 18th and before our final game, the board gave me an ultimatum of win the last game or be fired. But we gutted out the last game with a 1-0 win and survive another year.

We did manage to improve our offense at least and made a revelation of moving Sam Chaney to be a central midfielder on attack duty and he scored 14 goals with 8 assists after never managing more than 6 goals in a season previously. We also got 14 goals and 8 assists from Carl Schofield, on loan from Swansea. Danny Posey also added 11 goals and 8 assists. Our one bright spot on defense was Nicky Bright, he improved tremendously from our first season and at least gave me one defender I could count on and finished second in the league in headers while scoring 4 goals on corners.

We pretty much met expectations in our cups. In the FA Cup, We knocked off Woking in a replay, they went on to finish 2nd in the Skrill South. We then beat minnow Chalfont St. Peter before losing to Skrill Premier side Basingstoke 0-3. In the FA Trophy we beat recently relegated Tonbridge 3-2 before losing to 0-1 at Havant & W, easily the worst team in our league. Had major issues with that team, also losing to them 0-5 in our worst game of the season.

I at least have a pretty clear path going into next season. Find a new goalkeeper as I'm letting Peter Kuhl go. He was brilliant at times but was also in goal for our worst games and terribly expensive. Find a veteran center back to play next to Bright. We do have a couple young guys with potential there. Find a midfielder who likes to take people. And find a striker to replace Schofield. Although again, I have a few young guys there with potential and I still have John Bragg, who works nice as a backup. I also have a good idea how I want to play, back to a defensive narrow formation as my youth program isn't producing anything for wings and I do have a decent pair of fullbacks in Andy Dalton and John Pritchard still. Onward!

Having a bit of a problem,first season im at @Redditch.

Has anyone managed this lot before challenge or no challenge... What a bloody shambles this club is!!! Should be renamed redINTHEDITCH more like!!! major work needed here!!!

NdoN0f8.jpg?1

REDDITCH FC-PRE SEASON OVERVIEW SEASON ONE

9zEAMal.png

Well it was an indifferent pre season for me in all fairness,played a few friendlies to get the match sharpness and fitness levels up to scratch as well some decent results and a couple of right batterings in there from Ipswich and Burnley respectively.Did make a little money though from those two games though.

2S9Wrig.png

Transfers that i have managed to get done so far,mostly all been free transfers as the budget is next to nothing,little to juggle about with wages thats about it though.So far Courtney Pitt,Jonathan Davies,Neville Thompson and John Frendo who has a senstaional scoring record in the regional divisons, have all been fairly not bad for me in the warm up games.One or two signings still to be made just for squad depth.Shipped a lot of players out also which freed up a litlle bit.

Overall i have been told the odds are against me at 100/1 for promotion but im aiming to bash the bookies!!!!!

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2014/15 - Skrill North

Competitions

FA Cup - lost in second qualifying round

FA Trophy - lost in 1st round

Skrill North - 13th

Season Review

After a strong start to my season, I dropped away as the season wore on and was unlucky to slip into the bottom half in the last couple of games. Injuries to a few key players meant my side was weakened, and the fact that I couldn't afford to keep some players on led me to fielding some of the newbies from the youth intake.

Star Players

Tony Hyde - Alongside this challenge I am attempting to get a goalscoring 'keeper. Hyde was an 18 year old freebie halfway through the season and he ended with 5 goals (4 pens, 1 DFK) - which is pretty handy! Unfortunately he went AWOL a couple of times, and I decided against renewing his contract at the end of the season as he just became an asset I could no longer afford.

Junior Konadu - He started the season quietly, but went on to get a hatful of goals from an attacking midfield position. He seemed to be the only player that could score for me at one stage, and when he was out injured I struggled.

David Davenport- A young striker who started the season brightly. Faded towards the end, but he reached double figures quickly which certainly helped out my early season form.

Targets for next season

Survival. This will be an important season for me, as I've lost some of my higher paid players and have replaced most of them with 16/17 year olds. I need them to get up to a decent level quickly in order to compete. There's no doubt that my overall squad will be weaker in the short term, and I will be expected to finish 22nd.

A financial boost from a cup run would be handy, but I won't hold my breath.

[u]Season[/u]             [u]Division[/u]             [u]Position[/u]             [u]FA Cup[/u]             [u]FA Trophy[/u]
2014/15            Skrill North         13th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round

You did good in your first season baronia. Fingers crossed you can push for a play-off spot next season.

I think I'll be lucky to stay up! I'll hopefully be able to build a decent little team with the players I've got, though I think this season will be too soon for a lot of them. If I can stay clear of relegation this season, a promotion push might be on the cards in a year or two. This challenge is harder than I anticipated!

Bognor Regis - 1st season - Skrill South

Prediction: 22nd and last

Final position: 1st CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Games 1

Games 2

After a terrible pre-season I feared the worst for the season. But when the season started everything went very well. Never been outside the top-3, and with 3 games to go the titel was ours.

Transfers

FA cup: very good run and only lost to championship side Blackburn Rovers in the 3th round. We were unlucky that we didn't received a lot of money during our cup run.

FA Trophy: 2nd round, but we didn't bothered about this cup at all.

Youth intake: alot of 5* and 4.5*, but they are only predicted to be good skrill premier league players.

Next season: survive, survive and survive!!!

Congratulations on a great first season Bartrcm. Oh, and that youth intake is really good.

Thanks, but I can't use my youth a lot. Not up to this level at the moment.

It's a huge step to the Premier. Not going very well, but it is still early season. And again I'm a lot above my wage budget, so no new players at the moment.

Thanks Bartrcm. The board think I can reach mid-table, and I have 25-1 odds of winning the league. I've inherited a really good squad, which I only need to strengthen in a couple of positions. I have a nice £7.7k wage budget to work with, of which just over £1k is available. I'm going to push for the play-offs, and maybe I'll win the league if I'm very lucky.

Going for the record for most consecutive seasons in the bottom league. But definite improvement this season with a positive record and goal difference. Finished 12th and would have been 9th if not for a goal against on literally the last play of the season.

League Table

The offense took a big step up with the acquisition of a couple of youngsters. Rhys Taylor brought back the AMC position for us, letting us return to our preferred narrow diamond. He ended up being a contender for Skrill South player of the year with 10 goals and 16 assists, which led the league. A lot of his assists went to Tony Goy, a speedy striker we actually signed before the start of last season. After spending the last year with my under 18 side, he exploded for 20 goals, good enough for 4th in the league. Posey and Bragg also chipped in 10 and 9 goals respectively. The defense also got much better. I wasn't able to bring any help in like I hoped, but my youngsters continued to improve and Erick Joseph stepped up as my primary goalkeeper.

Not much happening in the cups with early exits from both.

We're in pretty good shape for next season, all of my starters are coming back and my young players should only keep getting better. I'm going to be terribly disappointed if we're not in the playoffs. But I'm used to disappointment with this team.

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2015/16 - Skrill North

Competitions

FA Cup - lost in first qualifying round

FA Trophy - lost in 1st round

Skrill North - 18th

Season Review

With a wage budget of £3k and some of my better players being released, this season was always going to be tough and I was actually delighted to succeed in my target of avoiding relegation. I struggled to find any form as I chipped and changed tactics and formations in the hope of getting the best out of my young squad, which ultimately led to a bag of mixed performances. I was disappointed with my poor showing in the cups, but hopefully the young kids have improved enough this season to climb up the table next year. I'll need to improve in defence, and conceding nearly 100 goals is ridiculous.

Star Players

Lewis Powell - A Welsh striker I'd signed last season, only for him to get injured on his debut and miss the end of the campaign. This season he stayed fit and without his 20 goals, things could've been a whole lot worse.

Alex Francis - Francis picked up where Konadu left off last time round. A player who can score double figures from midfield is worth his weight in gold. Unfortunately I can't afford to keep him another season, so he will be released.

Derek Woodhead- Only played 5 or 6 games after coming through the youth ranks, Woodhead scored 3 goals and looks to have a bright future. I'm hoping he can replace Powell when he inevitably moves on, and hopefully Woodhead can spearhead my attacks as I aim to rise into the football league. The fact that he makes my top 3 probably shows what an indifferent season the rest of my squad had.

Targets for next season

A more comfortable season would be great. Optimistically I'd love to flirt with the playoffs, realistically I'll be content with survival again and keeping my squad together. With a wage budget of only £2.7k, I have a team full of teenagers with only 4 players over the age of 18 so in theory they can only get better.. Maybe another season sticking around in this league before I really go for a promotion push.

A cup run, as ever, would be brilliant because I'm in desperate need of some income!

[u]Season[/u]             [u]Division[/u]             [u]Position[/u]             [u]FA Cup[/u]             [u]FA Trophy[/u]
2014/15            Skrill North         13th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2015/16            Skrill North         18th                 1st Qualifying     1st round

I know I'm only three games into the season, but this is an interesting sight. The three newly promoted teams occupy the top three spots.

UQNIDxS.jpg

Where did u manage to get this skin mate,been trying to get this for a bit now,never seems to work for me right enough.

I just got it off Steam. Subscribed, downloaded, and there it was.

On another note, it's still the same top three and I'm now 17 games into the season. We've started opening up a gap ahead of fourth placed Histon, and the top three all have a game in hand as well. It's really tight between the top three though, with me only one point in front of second placed Cambridge, and four in front of third placed FC United.

Oh, and look at this:

6P3I6hO.jpg

Manchester United are in a relegation battle this season, after winning the league the previous season. They just can't find any form, and their players are becoming unhappy. Moyes was sacked, and Guus Hiddink is the current manager.

I just got it off Steam. Subscribed, downloaded, and there it was.

On another note, it's still the same top three and I'm now 17 games into the season. We've started opening up a gap ahead of fourth placed Histon, and the top three all have a game in hand as well. It's really tight between the top three though, with me only one point in front of second placed Cambridge, and four in front of third placed FC United.

Oh, and look at this:

6P3I6hO.jpg

Manchester United are in a relegation battle this season, after winning the league the previous season. They just can't find any form, and their players are becoming unhappy. Moyes was sacked, and Guus Hiddink is the current manager.

whats the name of the skin u remember m8?

Worksop Town - Skrill North - 2014/15

siRugF3.png

Club Information | Facilities | Manager Profile | Board Overview | Confidence

That was easy!

League Table

Past Positions

Results 1 / Results 2

We got off to a flyer, shooting straight up to the top of the table. We remained right up there in the top two for the whole season, as the team demolished nearly every team they faced. We never looked like dropping out of the top couple of positions, and in the end we won the league with six games to go.

FA Cup - We had some rather easy matches until we reached the second round, where we were away against Sheffield United. We managed to scrape a draw, but were unable to take advantage of the replay at home. Shame, but reaching the second round was a great achievement.

FA Trophy - Not a bad run, getting to the third round. We forced a replay, but lost it by a narrow margin. I would have liked to have won the FA Trophy, but it wasn't to be this season.

Squad | Staff | Transfers | Finances

Key Players

Jamie Reed - The former York striker was our top scorer for the season, and helped us win the league and reach the FA Cup second round.

Nick Freeman - Had by far the most assists of the season. He set up some great goals, and the supporters love him.

Matty Edwards - Arrived on loan from Coventry in December, and was brilliant in goal. I'm hoping to bring him into the squad permanently.

Awards and Achievements

Skrill North Manager of the Season

FA Trophy Top Assists

Skrill North biggest win/Most wins in a row/Most team points/Most team goals/Most assists (Nick Freeman)

Aims For Next Season

Avoid relegation, win the FA Trophy, and reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup. I think at least two of those can be achieved.

Other News

We're getting a stadium expansion to meet Skrill Premier requirements.

Other League/Cup results

Premier League Manchester United relegated?!?

Championship

League 1

League 2

Skrill Premier

Skrill North

Skrill South

FA Cup

Community Shield

C1C

JPT

FA Trophy

Champions League

Europa League

Super Cup

World Cup

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge?p=9833599&viewfull=1#post9833599"]2014/15[/url]         Skrill North          1st               Skrill North winners

You're doing great, but don't jinx it!

May have already, hit a slide with the first game before I posted that. Still in first with 9 games to go but only by a point.

Great job with Worksop. Hope you can keep it going at the next level.

May have already, hit a slide with the first game before I posted that. Still in first with 9 games to go but only by a point.

Great job with Worksop. Hope you can keep it going at the next level.

Thanks. Fingers crossed you can retain your position at the top of the league.

Thanks. Fingers crossed you can retain your position at the top of the league.

Three games to go, tied with Chelmsford at the top with 70 points but they have us on goal differential. They still have to come to our house though and we're on a decent run with three wins and a tie in our last four.

Nantwich Town FC

Nantwich_town_125.png

'The Dabbers'

Nantwich Town FC - Season 2016/17 - Skrill North

Competitions

FA Cup - second qualifying round

FA Trophy - 4th round

Skrill North - 10th

Season Review

Poor early season form led to a change in tactics, which seemed to work out towards the end of the season. At one stage I even thought I'd make a late run for the playoffs but that never materialised. The finances are really quite desperate, so I've had to run down the contracts of 3 more players I just can't afford to keep. This leaves me with just 1 player over the age of 19 going into the new season...! A better showing in the FA Trophy was nice to see, though it's the FA Cup I'd really like to get further in.

Star Players

George Little - My captain, and defensive midfield rock. This kid has made a significant improvement in his mental stats over the past season. He added a few goals to his game too, which really helped.

Paul Faulkner - Statistically not the best goalkeeper in the world, but he made huge strides forward this year. Last season he only kept 2 clean sheets, this year he kept 12 - he conceded 30 less goals this year, and was voted fans player of the season. He's also partial to the odd goal, scoring 5 this season.

Derek Woodhead- Woodhead didn't quite hit the targets I'd hoped he would this year, though his 13 goals and 9 assists provides a half decent return. A target man by nature, Woodhead can also play in central midfield and his goal return maybe reflects the fact he wasn't playing up front for every game.

Targets for next season

I really need to push for promotion in this coming season, and I should be able to do that if I can carry over the form from the tail end of last season. It'll be difficult as some more experienced players are moving on, but a majority of my young squad are sticking together and there are some reasonable talents in my U18 squad to fill the gaps.

Again, I'd love a run in the FA Cup because I'm in desperate need of the money!

2015/16            Skrill North         18th                 2nd Qualifying     1st round
2016/17            Skrill North         10th                 2nd Qualifying     4th round

Disaster!

Just four games into the new season, and I get this message...

You can also see on the left that my training facilities have been sold and have a transfer embargo thrust upon me.. Beyond getting promoted or having a cup run, I don't think there's anything more I could've done to avoid this.

Big season. My promotion push will have to wait and I guess my aim once more is to stay safe of relegation and tie down some of my better players for at least another season.

Disaster!

Just four games into the new season, and I get this message...

You can also see on the left that my training facilities have been sold and have a transfer embargo thrust upon me.. Beyond getting promoted or having a cup run, I don't think there's anything more I could've done to avoid this.

Big season. My promotion push will have to wait and I guess my aim once more is to stay safe of relegation and tie down some of my better players for at least another season.

Ah man, that's crappy luck. Hope you get through your current season and have a good cup run.

In our 11th season in the Skrill South, we finally win promotion, taking the league championship on the final day!

League Table

We were no worse than 2nd the entire season but blew a 13 point lead and went into the final two games a point behind Chelmsford. But we dominated them in our house 3-0 and then gutted out a 2-1 over 3rd place Eastbourne Boro in the last game of the year to clinch the title.

A dynamic offense led the way for us as we led the league in goals. Danny Posey was our leading scorer with 18, Rhys Taylor scored 13, 12 each from Sam Chaney and new signee Ron Trice and 10 from Tony Goy.

We actually had some significant injuries to deal with this season, the squad was decimated for the first handful of games. We lost FB and vice captain Jamie Pritchard 2 minutes into the year, he didn't return until the final two games. I also lost my goalkeeper, Erick Joseph, for about 30 games, luckily his backup, Ron Wycherley, proved adequate although I think he wore down a bit before Joseph returned.

We also had satisfactory results in our cups. Managed 3 wins in the FA Cup before losing to League 2 side Wrexham 0-3 and we we're destroyed in the 2nd round of the FA Trophy 1-6 by Bristol, team we'll be facing in the Skrill Premier next season.

Next season is going to be interesting. Our stadium is going to have to be upgraded to meet Skrill Premier requirements. I'm not sure how many of my players are good enough for the new league. Thinking my center backs can handle it and Taylor and Goy up front, at least with a little experience. But I suspect we'll have to make a lot of changes before we're competitive. Hopefully we'll survive long enough for that to happen.

About time! :p Congratulations on finally winning promotion. I look forward to your next promotion to League Two in 2050.

:)

Board takeover immediately after the season ended and they don't sound interested in investing in the team. Took out a 110K loan. Think the finances might catch up with us.

Archived