ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Semi spoiler. Tactical silliness over. Reverted to the tactic used pre-strikerless after my attempts at reviving the old Veldwezelt 550 did not work overly well....

You are using Minimal Fuss tactics?

p.s. Semi spoiler for me to. Dead last and relegated from Skrill Premier. Board surprisingly did not fired me. Though I have 10 points - 5 games ultimatum. Will post a full update in next day or two.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I allowed to start this with one of the countries that are mentioned, but with lower leagues of that nation added via the editor and write about it in here, or would I have to document it in the career updates section, sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just curious, thanks! :)

I think you will have to use career updates section. ri916 mentioned that edited DB is not allowed.

Maidstone United - Season 4 Review (2017/2018) - Skrill Premier

9dHC4YB.jpg

Competitions

Skrill Premier - 24th

FA Cup - 2nd round

FA Trophy - never won a game in this competition in 4 seasons

Season Review

Second season slump. It was absolutely terrible. We did not look like a team which belonged in this division. Finished as 24th with 31 points. Changed tactics many times, but nothing worked. Defense was non existent. 101 goal in 46 games.

Got an ultimatum at the end of this season. 10 points from 5 games. We dominated all preseason games (never happened before). We hit the ground running when season started and played very good. We had 7 points from 4 games. One home game - one win and I will save myself. But unfortunately FM has his special way of humor. Bongor regis came to our stadium looking for draw. Game had 1 ccc chance which our striker missed. 0-0 draw and fired.

Next step

It's going to be Portugal or England again... I think that I could handle England MUCH better now. After all this was my first attempt at this challenge.

I have a question. I spent good 5 hours today reloading and trying to get one team to appear... Is it ok to use someone's else save (from dafuge's challenge - saved on June 25th 2014 with this team promoted to Skrill regional division)?

This is a link for save in question.

If save dont have any database changes I think its not problem since team joining league are random from highest reputation ?

Yeah, ofc no database changes. Yes, teams are promoted randomly based on reputation and since Dulwich Hamlet have 1350 reputation chance to get them appear is very, VERY small (I reloaded game at least 400 times in 5 hours)... Some people spent weeks just reloading in hope that they (or Metro police) would appear.

I hope that ri916 and other players accept this entry or I will probably go to Portugal... I just don't have enough strength to reload anymore...

Hello to everyone on this thread and well done so far on the progress. I have been lurking for a while now and have decided to finally step up and give it a shot.

My formal post will follow shortly, I have decided to try my luck in Holland as not many others have!

IJsselmeervogels.png

[Manager Profile] [General] [Facilities]

There was no careful consideration of who I should manage as this mouthful were the only promoted side. Formed in 1932 and with no league history, there's not much to go on. The board only expect consolidation, which is fine, I only have to be less rubbish then one other team!

Facilities are terrible, but from the projected finance screen I should be massively in profit by the end of the season and the board have already agreed to improve youth facilities.

I expect it will be tough, but things have started positively so I remain optimistic.

Well it's been a long time coming but i got sacked in the first season.

Board changed season expectation from avoid relegation to top half finish (after being 4th after 15 games), but due to a lot of injuries i got 10/30 and dropped to 16th and got sacked.

So starting a new game now.

EDIT:

St. Albans City FC: Season 1 Preview

Logo_zps58dc9555.jpg

Second attempt this year, after getting sacked at Met Police.

Now i'm gonna try my luck at the Saints.

Teams I got to pick

Manager Setting

Team part 1

Team part 2

Finances

Of course the goal for the first season is "Avoid Relegation"

I'm not going to hope for higher as things can change so fast with a few injuries.

BK_Olympic.png

SeaSon 6 Again!!!

League/ 3rd

Swedish Cup / Winner

Europa League / 2nd Qualifying Round

League Table

Very Nice finish in the League so in the Europa League hopefully get a bit further and start making some money

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players -

1 Top Goalie for will be for some while

2 Another Great Year by the Wizard Winger

3 Still smashing the goals in Plays either False 9 or Advanced Forward

Youth Candidates -

YP1 / Plenty of Assists & great overall Season

YP1A / still would like more Goals

YP1B / Played the best out of all the defenders

YP1C

YP2 Had a Great Season not quite the season he had last time

YP2A Has not improved at all looks like i am at a lost cause and he will not go out on loan

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Not the greatest of years think the step up was a bit much for him this season

YP3A/ did not have a great season by his standards to be honest

YP3B

YP4/ Injurys unsettled him this year not a great amount of assists hope next season is better

YP4A/ Didnt get a look thanks to the form of YP2

YP4B/ Didnt get a look in due to other wingers being alot better than him

YP5/ Not Enough games played to say anything

YP5A/ same as above

YP5B/ not the greatest of season in the youth league

YP6/ Report - Looks like he's another wing wizard

YP6A/ Report - nothing really special could be a quick forward the way hes looking

YP6B/ Report Another Iraqi/Swede hopefully will be a CB

Swedish Cup Final

Europa League 2nd Round Qualifying

Seems to be the trend on this page but I got an ultimatum of 10 points in 5 games and couldn't do it. It all went downhill after getting promoted into Skrill Premier. Dead last in Premier and then I couldn't turn it around in Skrill South (Got promoted from North, then went down from Premier to South, don't know if that's normal).

In the end it was the finances that made it almost impossible. When I got sacked the balance was -900k£ and I couldn't offer big enough wages to even keep my previous youth-players. In my next attempt I'm going to be way more harsh on players asking for too much and I can't afford back-up players for every position. Same goes for youngsters with average potential. I can't keep every youngster just because they are "mine" (:p).

Worksop_Town_FC_Badge.png

Manager profile

Finances

Facilities

Squad

Good squad and I love the logo.

toonbalmy87 Great season mate! I hope that you will win a game or two in Europe.

druvo Good luck in England. I think that key here is to NOT get promoted to Skrill Premier for first few years. I don't know what impact will that have on finances, but until Youth Prospects mature, our teams are relegation fodder in Skrill Premier...

Brugi- If the downloaded save meets all the setup requirements then it's absolutely fine. :)

Yeah, it does :) Dafuge's challenge has the same setup options as this challenge. I posted a link for a save, so anyone can check it.

p.s. I thought that i will hate Dulwich's pink shirts but I absolutely love them now. Pink + midnight blue = surprisingly pleasant color combination.

Good luck Sanno11, mthielen and druvo!

toon, great season - 3rd place is fantastic to get an automatic European place!

I am starting to challenge for it myself and we just got the great news that Sweden have now be awarded a 2nd Champions League place from the season after our current one!

brugi82 GL Bro I think I will reload funny club for me to :D From my experience from fm13 4-5 season is enough in lowest division becous 1 and 2 intake grove and get enough experience and in Premier you are able to survive in middle few season for sure

Things are so tough in the Bundesliga I'm taking a sabbatical until they release the new update to fix a few bugs that are starting to annoy me. When you're 10 seasons down the line playing every game...to get fired is just unthinkable so I'm going to wait til I figure out a good home and away tactic before continuing. Leaving the table looking like this... In all honesty I wouldn't mind getting relegated and having a better season in the second division...My facilities are all being upgraded to 'great' i have exceptional Youth coaching...just need to figure out how to upgrade youth recruitment network too, anyone any ideas at when its appropriate to ask?

Things are so tough in the Bundesliga I'm taking a sabbatical until they release the new update to fix a few bugs that are starting to annoy me. When you're 10 seasons down the line playing every game...to get fired is just unthinkable so I'm going to wait til I figure out a good home and away tactic before continuing. Leaving the table looking like this... In all honesty I wouldn't mind getting relegated and having a better season in the second division...My facilities are all being upgraded to 'great' i have exceptional Youth coaching...just need to figure out how to upgrade youth recruitment network too, anyone any ideas at when its appropriate to ask?

Even if you get relegated I doubt that you will get fired. I think that you will get an ultimatum 10 points - 5 games. I don't know if Shakes got ultimatum when he got relegated, but me and another player got it... So that's the worst thing that could happen (and ofc, not to get that 10 points :) )

brugi82 GL Bro I think I will reload funny club for me to :D From my experience from fm13 4-5 season is enough in lowest division becous 1 and 2 intake grove and get enough experience and in Premier you are able to survive in middle few season for sure

Yeah, you should definitely pick something that will keep you interested for many many seasons :)

I chose Dulwich Hamlet for couple of reasons. First is "Fairly basic" Youth recruitment network, which is very very good for this level (I think that only 1 team from division below North/South have better recruitment, but they are located in some small town near Peterborough). Second is that they are located in London, so I think that will have good impact on youth prospects. Third is "Basic" both training and youth facilities which is also decent for this level. And finally, pink shirts. They are very very rare :)

Even if you get relegated I doubt that you will get fired. I think that you will get an ultimatum 10 points - 5 games. I don't know if Shakes got ultimatum when he got relegated, but me and another player got it... So that's the worst thing that could happen (and ofc, not to get that 10 points :) )

Mmm, but I find myself a bit all over the shop tactically trying to stop shipping goals, changing formations, player roles, positions, formations - it's unsettling for the players and the club. I'm now 4 points clear of relegation play off...But i feel the seasons become about surviving and my development of players has come to a stand still. I Can't throw a raw 17year old who's highest stat is 11 against Bayern Munich away, can i? :lol: we'll see... I just hope i survive.

De_Treffers.png

I decided to try my luck in Holland this time. I'm hoping that I'll be more succesful than in Turkey.

Squad

Transfers (one transfer arranged before the reset date.

I only have one keeper and absolulety no squad depth whatsoever. I'm already looking forward to the youth intake. Injuries could kill this team.

Good Luck its the one division never got to grips with

Thanks Toon. There's only one relegation spot in the division but the fact that the youth teams of the biggest clubs in the Netherlands (Ajax, FC Twente and PSV) are in the division makes it harder. They are pretty much always at the bottom and they can't get relegated.

De_Treffers.png

I decided to try my luck in Holland this time. I'm hoping that I'll be more succesful than in Turkey.

Squad

Transfers (one transfer arranged before the reset date.

I only have one keeper and absolulety no squad depth whatsoever. I'm already looking forward to the youth intake. Injuries could kill this team.

Good luck in Holland! First season is very luck-dependent. I had my keeper miss 2 games. Surprisingly I managed to get 1 point from those games with Central Defender between the posts :)

Ok, hoping to get write-ups done for TWO seasons done today!

I have some very tough decisions coming up.....

Two seasons for one day? Wow. That's fast. How do you watch games? Extended or key highlights? And I guess match speed to the max?

Two seasons for one day? Wow. That's fast. How do you watch games? Extended or key highlights? And I guess match speed to the max?

Nope, two short Swedish seasons in the last 5-6 days. They have just been very disjointed days so no time for write-ups and just the odd 4-5 game session and then back out to somewhere.

As for how I play, I play extended while I get used to a tactic and then key once I have a good feel for it and no more new tweaking. I feel I can manage games and necessary changes with certain 'go to' tweaks dependent on the situation at hand.

IJsselmeervogels Season 1 review

IJsselmeervogels.png

[League] [squad Stats] [Transfers*] [Finances]

League

The season started really positively, with two wins out of two. I dared to dream of a comfortable first season, but this was short lived. I went on a lean spell with only draws breaking up a 12 game winless streak. A trio of consecutive away wins kept me competitive and away from the dreaded bottom spot. However as the season progressed it always felt like I was just delaying the inevitable and after De Graafschap thumped us at home, we finally slipped into last. At this point I made a tactical change, swapping my AM role for an anchor man and tried to stop shipping goals. This had a positive effect, but with De Graafschap also picking up wins we stayed bottom. We continued to perform and won our final three games, confirming our safety on the last day.

A really tough season and with a thin squad and poor youth intake, it may be just as hard next season. On a positive note the club made 2.2 million pounds profit last year and the board agreed training and youth facility upgrades. On a side note, our club is the only one in the Jupiler league that is semi-professional, I hope for the sake of player development this changes sooner rather than later.

Top Players

Richie Barroilhet Struggled during most the season for form, but is a classy player. Finally came good when relegation threatened and scored 5 in the final 5 games

Mark Rutgers Very solid centre back, who was very consistent throughout and chipped in with 5 goals.

Donny Van Bergen A talented young midfielder, who if were lucky will be around for a long time, when he played well we usually did.

Youth Intake

The worst intake I have ever experienced, I really had high hopes and was gutted by this. I will be patient and hope improvements to facilities will have a positive effect. No tags have been handed out as of yet, but all were signed for squad depth.

Goals

* Try to be more consistent

* Improve facilities as much as possible,

* Survive again.

(*transfer came in before I arrived)

Heh. I (so far) always played with "Extended" highlights. That gives me much better insight on what is happening in the game... But since this challenge requires LOTS of time, I will have to speed it up a bit (currently I can play 5-6 games per hour which is too slow). Probably the same as you Braumiller, extended until tactics is set, and key after that.

p.s. Inspired by your famous striker-less formation from FM13, I have chosen the same path for my Dulwich Hamlet save. 14.2 sucks with 1-1 finishing but often I have 6-7 of them per match. Movement in striker-less formation is so good.

Sanno11, that is a real nail biter! Congrats on survival!

Those intakes are soul destroying, but keep plugging away. Last year I had 3 bad ones before the conveyor belt began churning out good ones.

As long as you can continue to survive for the next couple of years, that kind of profit is going to be a fantastic kickstarter for you! A couple of sets of facility upgrades for you (junior coaching is usually the easiest and instantly helpful) and you will have a great foundation to build on!

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 9 Review (2022)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

First Division Elite : 10th - Results

Swedish Cup : Quarter Finals

Season Review

A very disappointing season. We started the year with the ideal of recreating a 5-5-0 tactic from the managers past, and while it never truly failed, it certainly didn't provide the results the fans were expecting. A final position of 10th is 4 lower than our first two seasons in the Premier League and is a step back.

Youth Intake

An intake short of quantity, but there are a couple of kids who could feature for the first team in the future;

Jacob Olausson (YP 09A) - Very good looking attacker. Great pace and decent double digit starting

finishing, composure and off the ball. Potential to be a star player in Sweden.

David Holmstrom (YP 09B) - Another with potential to be a star player in Sweden, although he will have real issues displacing Emil Eklund (YP 6A) right now. Will play in the youth set-up for a year or two before seeing if I can get him out on loan to other Premier League clubs as soon as possible.

Kenneth Andersson (YP 09C) - A lot more raw than Olausson, but Andersson gives us options up front in the future.

Emil Wendt (YP 09D) - A player in a position we are fairly short of natural players. Has a chance to

see game time in the new few years.

"2022 Frolunda Five"

Skipping this for a year due to them not deserving the attention! lol

Miscellaneous

Little to write home about this year. Disappointment all around and the only way to look is forward (and up, I hope!).

Season 10 (2023) Goals

* Re-establish ourselves as a top half team

* Drop the strikerless approach (for now...)

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 10 Review (2023)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

First Division Elite : 3rd - Results

Swedish Cup : Group Stages

Season Review

A fantastic bounce back year, proving all the doubters wrong. We held second place for the whole middle third of the season, before an injury related stumble dropped us out of the Champions League qualification places and into the Europa Cup fight. The main reason for our run at 2nd place was the amazing goalscoring run that Emil Selin (YP 6B) went on. In a run of 6 games in the league, he scored, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2 & 2 goals. Outside of that his goalscoring was a little erratic.

Once we were back to full strength we managed to claw our way back into a scrap for the title. With three games to go this was the situation! Everything was up for grabs. We lost our 3rd from last game to put us out of the main picture, but two wins to finish made it interesting and secured a Europa League place next year. Our first taste of Europe to come, and only 2 points off of a Champions League qualifying game instead!

Youth Intake

A deeper intake this year, but lacking in true 'wow' factor. Still, we cannot complain as it will provide depth eventually;

Joakim Christiansson (YP 10A) - A good looking attacker, who if he develops well will have a chance

to contribute for the first team in a now crowded forward line.

Erik Mattson (YP 10B) - Hey look, a short central defender at Vastra Frolunda! Should not be knocking on the door for a while, but again if he develops well may see action in a couple of years.

Ludvig Johnson (YP 10C) - An interesting player. A good looking striker, but also competent at central midfield and a possibility for an attacking MC. May see action next year at MC to test the water. Would have liked to use at AMC, but with MC already in his profile I will stick to that for retraining.

Niklas Carlsson (YP 10D) - Versatile defender, but needs a lot of development.

Akwasi Watson (YP 10E) - An American winger, for a team not currently playing wingers. Will look to loan out.

"2023 Frolunda Five"

Emil Selin (YP 06B) - Emil finished the season with 18 league goals, just 2 off of the league lead despite missing a full 2 months due to a hip injury. His 7.55 rating was #1 in the league this year. However, the big decision is about to come. I have been offered ~375k for him, which while not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things would help us out.

Enis Ramic (YP 05G) - Our 'provider' up front made a mockery of his 'Looks For Pass Rather Than Attempting To Score' PPM. 19 goals and 9 assists from his 28 appearances this year was a great return!

Gustav Karlen (YP 07A) - Just the 1 goal and 1 assist from Gustav at set pieces, but he is turning into a very nice defender in his own right. 28 starts and a 7.23 rating for a non goalscoring DC

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - My main back up striker this year, but will either be a more regular sub next year or Emil Selin (YP 06B)'s full time replacement.

Emil Eklund (YP 06A) - Our first senior Swedish international! Emil has now played in goal for Swden

on 4 occassions and looks set for many more. Emil also grabbed the GK of the year award in Sweden this year!

Miscellaneous

So, as I type this I have an offer on the table for Emil Selin (YP 06B). We are 1.2k over wage budget and 120k in the red. The offer is for 170k upfront, 180k over 12 months and 24k after 10 league goals. This is up a lot from their initial 210k offer. We will essentially wipe out our debt and knock off around 1.3k from our wage budget (he was on 300p/w, but currently deciding on a 1.2k p/w new deal - which Emil Eklund would match due to a clause). I fear I am going to need wage budget wiggle room this year, as many more contracts are getting closer to their expiration.. Sacrifice one, for the safety of many?

We would miss him, but currently thinking of accepting. This will also give Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) and Jacob Olausson (YP 09A) better chances to play and progress, along with the YP 10 forwards.

Decision time.....

Season 11 (2024) Goals

* Consolidate our new position as a European challenging team

* Put in a good showing in the Europa League. A group stages appearance would be awesome (especially financially, but for reputation and experience also), although it would tax our inexperienced squad mightily I fear. We enter at the playoff stage, so one huge 2 leg affair to play!

Season 10 (2023) - Premier League                      3rd
Season  9 (2022) - Premier League                     10th
Season  8 (2021) - Premier League                      6th
Season  7 (2020) - Premier League                      6th
Season  6 (2019) - First Division Elite                1st      Promoted as champions
Season  5 (2018) - First Division Elite                6th
Season  4 (2017) - First Division South                1st      Promoted as champions
Season  3 (2016) - First Division South                2nd      Lost in promotion playoffs
Season  2 (2015) - First Division South                5th
Season  1 (2014) - Second Division West Gotaland       1st      Promoted as champions

Braumiller As always, good job mate. You bounced back perfectly from 10th place finish. YP 09A is a future star, no doubt about it. Just look at that pace. I would also sell YP06B. It will help immediately with cash and it will free up a space in front for YP09A...

Archived