ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok word of advice when picking a team for Sweden pick the team with biggest stadium!!!!!

Uh-oh, how big is yours?

I got lucky in that mine is 5,500. Although I chose this team because of their pitch over anything else (it is 'Synthetic (New Type - Soft)', which is something I have never played on in all my years. No idea if it is helping, hindering or not doing a damn thing! :))

Average attendances have been;

(The last two in the Swedish Premier)

Uh-oh, how big is yours?

I got lucky in that mine is 5,500. Although I chose this team because of their pitch over anything else (it is 'Synthetic (New Type - Soft)', which is something I have never played on in all my years. No idea if it is helping, hindering or not doing a damn thing! :))

Hm, I don't remember your update in Swedish Premier... Are you late with your updates?!? :herman::)

Hm, I don't remember your update in Swedish Premier... Are you late with your updates?!? :herman::)

Nope, 3/4'ers through my 2nd Prem season, so figured I'd add the avg attendance as it shouldn't change too much with 3 or 4 more games left to play :cool:

FC Fakel Voronezh

| Season 4 | 2017-2018 |

Fakel-Voronezh.png

| Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Facilities | Finances | Transfers |

Russian National Football League: 7th

This was the season were the transition from the original squad to the prospects was meant to begin, so I was simply aiming for comfortable survival following last season's successes. The team, instead, responded with an even better season as we managed 60 points for the first time, mainly due to a very good performance in the 28 pre-break matches and some solid results in the remaining 10 as our new intake started to participate. However, unlike previous challenges were I expected the team to build on their successes of previous seasons and probably challenge for promotion, the retirement of 3 players who were vital in past seasons, plus some others leaving, has left us with a very young squad that will require more time to really challenge, so, for now, surviving comfortably season after season is good enough.

Russian Cup: Fourth Round

For the 4th consecutive season, we fall on the first hurdle. But unlike previous seasons were I was dissapointed because we couldn't beat smaller sides, losing against an Ufa side that would win the title wasn't to bad. Hopefully a better draw will see me win my first cup game of my career next season.

Youth Intake

Another very good intake leaves 3 stars with 2 other very capable players.

Anatoly Gibadullin - YP4a (MC)

Another midfielder with technical ability, I am hopeful that he will be able to be part of the first team squad next season.

Denis Suleimanov - YP4b (MC/AMC)

What's with me and talented midfielders, eh? Another very capable one and a tactical rethink is likely on the cards. How I would love a right winger...

Igor Milovanov - YP4c (DM)

The problems begin as another midfielder, who is being trained to play farther forward, comes out of the Academy. Still a good player who I hope to see develop.

Humberto Arenas - YP4d (ST)

The Colombian born striker, who also has Russian nationality, looks like a decent option looking forward if Antipenko retires soon (which I expect him to).

Igor Kasimirov - YP4e (ML)

The Russian winger will have trouble getting into the team, so a retraining onto the right side seems likely.

Key Players

Fedor Djachenko (GK)

The club vice-captain was first choice again and proved why, as he only conceded 41 goals in 33 games, including some matches were the defense simply didn't turn up and the team conceded 4 or 5 goals. He was injured for 5 games, but played the rest. Sadly, he comes once a month for chats about a move to a bigger club, and I worry I won't be able to keep him past next season as his contract expires.

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

He was a starter in the DC position for most of the season and played very well, hopefully he will continue to improve and become the DC we need for any promotion challenge.

Vladimir Laptev (DC/DR)

Although still young, he is our best defender, weather on the right or in the middle. His performances were of a high enough level that I don't rue the retirment of Revyakin, our 35 year old defender who was a starter until this season.

Sergey Vasiljev - YP3a (MC)

A very good first season for the young midfielder as he had some decent games. But his lack of consistency hurt him, and he isn't a guaranteed starter yet (although he should become one soon enough.

Alexandr Antipenko (ST)

While age keeps catching up with him, Antipenko continue to impress. While he was never going to reach the 25 goals he scored last season, a tally of 14 goals and 11 assists is amazing, especially when you consider he only played 31 games, including some as a time wasting sub. His time in the starting XI, however, seems to be coming to a close.

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

The young striker continued his fine start to his career as he was our top scorer finishing with 15 goals a season that had started with an injury. This is even more impressive when you consider he rotated with Popov in the false nine position for most of the season. His decreased tally of 4 assists is mainly due to Antipenko missing multiple CCC that would make the Torres miss look like a common shot.

Previous Youth Prospects

Alexandr Chekalin - YP1a (ST)

Alexandr Tkachev - YP2a (MC/AMC)

Alexandr Solodkov - YP2b (DC)

Sergey Vasiljev - YP3a (MC)

Salim Gerasimov - YP3b (GK)

Mars Yurjev - YP3c (ST)

Marat Khudiev - YP3d (DC)

Vladimir Merenkov - YP3e (ML/AML)

Vitaly Popov - YP3f (ST/AMR)

Dmitry Zhirny - YP3g (DR)

Zaur Cherkasov - YP3h (DM)

Andrey Popov - YP3i (DL)

Dmitry Tseryuta- YP3j (DC)

Surprising Youth Prospects

Igor Timofeev - YP1 (MC)

If last season I felt his role as back-up was good, this season Igor really outdid himself as he performed very well for a constant substitute, as he improved throughout the season, even getting Rubin Kazan interested in his services as a future squad member. Thankfully he remained at the club and will continue to be in and around the first team squad next season.

Dmitry Safonov - YP1 (ML/AML)

While he didn't play much, his training improvements have drawn notice to a player who was originally rated at 1 star potential by my previous assistant. With Skrylynikov retiring and Sokolov leaving, he will get some game time next season.

Off The Pitch...

The pitch will be relayed during the off season, so injuries should be reduced, at least slightly. As you can see, the transfers saw many previous first team players leave. Kuznetsov was no longer playing, so off the wage bill he went at the start of the season. With the economic problems that the club was in, I tried to ship 7k a week Zabolotny, but after no takers appeared, his contract was mutually terminated in February. With the huge amount of left wingers at the club, Sokolov left for playing time, with youth GK Saenko (YP1) went on loan as he develops.

Goals From Last Season

• Mid-table Finish ACHIEVED
  • Integrate youth players into First Team ACHIEVED
  • Have a cup run FAILED
  • Let old players hogging up wage budget leave ACHIEVED

Goals For Next Season

• Survival
  • Integrate youth players into First Team
  • Have a cup run
  • Continue to let go of "Old Guard"

WhcxXoF.png

IK Tord » 2019 Season » Allsvenskan » 16th

Squad | Transfers | League Table | Svenska Cupen (2nd in Group Stage 2019/Qualified for Groups 2020)

I possibly got a bit over eager in the off season, letting a bunch of players walk since they hardly played. After all my front three were very settled, what could go wrong? Well an injury or two in the pre-season and I took a look at under 19s players I could call up for cover - I had a total of two players with potential who play forward, and both of them are miles off being ready. Oops. I might want to check I have replacements before letting people go next time.

Anyway our good run came to a very sudden halt. Certainly our overachieving caught up to us and we just didn't have the players for the level, but also the new patch (which I played the entire season under) didn't help at all. Our reliable scoring from last year was just gone and we finished last by a long way in goals scored. Our defense stayed pretty decent, but that wasn't enough. A 16 game winless streak doomed us to a last place finish. If we could have just turned a couple of those draws into wins ... but alas.

A measure of how far we fell off ... (16a) Jesper Forsgren was still our leading scorer, but with only 4 league goals. Ouch.

Not even sure we can bounce right back ... going to have to come up with something that works in 14.2.0 since it's clear that playing without strikers to leave room for Forsgren to run into space doesn't cut it any more, that no longer creates chances now through balls have been nerfed down to nothing. I'd already moved away from that by year's end and our offense picked up a bit, but more experimenting is needed.

The only silver lining - promotion seemed to increase the quality of our youth intake, with several players listed as future star or leading players for the Allsvenskan. Also for once not stacked with centre backs!

(19a) Pontus Friberg - Target man type striker, who went straight into the first team and nearly saved the season with 3 goals from his 7 games. If we'd held onto even one of the leads he created we'd be in the relegation playoffs. Still I think he's now our forward star to build around.

(19b) David Sjöström - Looks like he'll be a good defensive workhorse in the midfield, with potential to fill out with a bit more quality on the ball than my current guys.

(19c) Jonas Helgesson - A winger at the moment, but probably best used as a speedy striker in partnership with Friberg. Given a go in the last game once it didn't matter and scored, which is always a good sign.

(19d) Stefan Björklund - First fullback I've gotten that looks good enough to be a genuine wingback rather than just someone playing the role for want of other options.

(19e) Joel Falkevall - A quick striker, if nothing else a good backup plan if Helgesson doesn't work out up front.

(19f) Joel Olsson - A midfielder who should give us a bit of run in that area, we're a bit lacking in guys who can burst forward.

Also there were a couple of keepers with 5 star potential, but I'm not tagging them yet as I'm not convinced they're better than my current 5 star potential keepers.

Now we need to go away, lick our wounds and come back stronger ... not sure if we can bounce back next year, but it has to be quick or else the financial constraints of paying professional wages with a low wage budget are going to bite us and we'll start leaking players.

Bedford Town FC - Season 14/15

263816d1343914697t-kops-kit-request-thread-4518101942.jpg

League

An amazing first league campaign where we shocked everyone and managed to win Skrill North. Before the final game we were level on points with Altrincham and we had +34 GD vs their +31. We had Southport at home but we simply didn't turn up and lost 0-2. Hopefully that's not going to be a recurring thing when we have to play important games. Though, luckily for us, Atrincham couldn't handle the pressure any better and also lost at home which meant that we won the league on goal difference.

Cups:

In the FA cup we lost in the 3rd Qual. round away to Guiseley in a penalty shootout which ended 19-18 to them. The save of my 19th penalty is the first save I've seen on FM so far :herman:. They went on and got an away-draw vs Bristol City (L1). I could have really used that to save my economy.

The FA Trophy was even more disappointing and we went out in the first game vs a non-league side.

Top players:

1. Pip Barber: Despite being 17 years old he was my best player and top scorer from his AML-position. 21 goals in 38 games is a great return. Hopefully he can keep it up in Skrill premier as he's nowhere near his potential yet.

2. Samuel Gyasi: Another player nowhere near his potential. A creative midfielder who I play as an advanced playmaker.

3. Stuart Wall: A solid season for my best central defender. Adds some much needed experience in my young side.

4. Jean-Phillip Yamfam: My first choice striker. Had a decent season with 15 goals in 24 games. Hoping for even more next season.

5. Jerry Nash: Probably my best midfielder. A very hard-working box-to-box midfielder. I hope he can keep it up in Skrill Premier.

Youth intake

I'm quite happy with that. I really wanted an AMR since I have noone who can play that role. A few of them will get the chance to play a big role next season. Since it was my first intake I tagged a lot of them.

Patrick Dowie (15A): A defensive fullback with nice physical attributes. Looks to be a leader too.

Henry Boot (15B): Not natural as a central defender but I think that's where I'll end up playing him. Very nice defensive attributes and he will get a lot of chances next season.

Kelvin Beauge (15C): An aggressive central midfielder who looks to be a good ball-winning-midfielder. Already made his debut.

Craig Cooke (15D): The AMR I wanted. Very fast and has a decent finish. He will play a lot next season.

Luis Atkins (15E): I don't currently play with an AMC so I'll try to loan this guy out next season. Looks like a good prospect though.

Calvin Sear (15F): A hard-working striker who I think suits my 1-striker formation. I haven't decided what to do with him yet, it depends on how my other strikers perform.

Next season:

Survive Skrill Premier

Try to save my economy because this is worrying. Once again I'm hoping for an away draw vs a good team in the FA cup.

Uh-oh, how big is yours?

sorry been busy my stadium is 2000 and havent been able to upgrade and i dont own the damn thing :lol: last season average attendance 1 374 or somthing like that

BK_Olympic.png

SeaSon 6

League/ 6th

Swedish Cup / Winner

Europa League / 2nd Qualifying Round

League Table

Very Nice finish in the League but not great cash from it i am projected to be 2.4 Million in the red end of next season!! found it easy to score but just defending is becoming a bit of problem with this team its all attack then woops i think we better defend anyways i am hoping to blood some of my younger cbs into the team

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star Players -

1 Top Goalie for will be for some while

2 Another Great Year by the Wizard Winger

3 Still smashing the goals in Plays either False 9 or Advanced Forward but he was over shadowed by YP2

Youth Candidates -

YP1 / Plenty of Assists & great overall Season

YP1A / still would like more Goals

YP1B / Played the best out of all the defenders

YP1C

YP2 Beast Mode!!! summed it up with a Perfect 10 rating

YP2A Has not improved at all looks like i am at a lost cause and he will not go out on loan

YP2B

YP2C

YP3/ Not the greatest of years think the step up was a bit much for him this season

YP3A/ did not have a great season by his standards to be honest

YP3B/ getting released at end of next season last year of contract

YP4/ Injurys unsettled him this year not a great amount of assists hope next season is better

YP4A/ Didnt get a look thanks to the form of YP2

YP4B/ Didnt get a look in due to other wingers being alot better than him

YP5/ Not Enough games played to say anything

YP5A/ same as above

YP5B/ not the greatest of season in the youth league

YP6/ Report - Looks to me like he could be a very good DM

YP6A/ Report - think he will be starting next season

YP6B/ Report Changing him to a LB because my current LB is a liability

Swedish Cup Final

Europa League 2nd Round Qualifying

Shakes - unlucky, but fingers crossed you will be able to bounce right back! Just a bump in the road.

Agreed on Sjostrom looking the part, perhaps a Ball Winning Midfielder as he fills out a little.

toonbalmy87 - fantastic season and silverware!! Add to that our first venture into Europe in FM14 and what a great season. Granted no real money from Europe this time, which we in Sweden are going to be desperately reliant on, but a fantastic early success.

I have finished my next season, but we are running all over the place these next two days I might not get to write it up immediately.

Will do nothing special like

Still would be helpful. Just post a screenshot with team instructions, will be enough. I'm currently struggling, so any inspiration is more than welcome :)

p.s. I'm afraid that Shakes faith (relegation) is waiting for me. Only question is will I get fired..

Shakes - unlucky, but fingers crossed you will be able to bounce right back! Just a bump in the road.

Agreed on Sjostrom looking the part, perhaps a Ball Winning Midfielder as he fills out a little.

toonbalmy87 - fantastic season and silverware!! Add to that our first venture into Europe in FM14 and what a great season. Granted no real money from Europe this time, which we in Sweden are going to be desperately reliant on, but a fantastic early success.

I have finished my next season, but we are running all over the place these next two days I might not get to write it up immediately.

84k for that quick trip to Hungary :lol:

Hehe, yeah... There is definitely something right about that formation :)

In fairness he also gave up 29 more goals than I did despite my team coming last. A bit more gung-ho than my approach at both ends! :thup:

WhcxXoF.png

IK Tord » 2020 Season » Superettan » 2nd

Squad | Transfers | League Table | Svenska Cupen (3rd in Group Stage 2020/Qualified for Groups 2021)

Re-worked our setup a bit and we lined up 4-4-2 narrow diamond, taking advantage of our strikers from the last youth intake. After the first few games we started to find the goals and we went on runs of 5, 7 and 5 wins. Things looked easy, we were 12 points clear in the promotion spots with 8 games to go. Surely it was in the bag.

Of course it's never that easy, injuries piled up and we somehow managed to take just 3 points from 6, letting us slip to just 2 points clear with 2 to play. Then naturally our keeper got injured. His backup was already injured. Eeek, I expected the worst, we'd stuffed it up and were going to slip to the playoff and have to play that with a third string keeper. Somehow we found form just in time though, winning the last two games 2-1 and 5-1 to seal promotion, even if it wasn't quite enough to win the league. We'll take it, hopefully this time around we're better prepared for the top tier, now we have a system I know works with this patch in place, and some better players.

Key Players

(19c) Jonas Helgesson - 16 goals in his first season as our spearhead was a good return, even if he did fade a little in the second half.

(19a) Pontus Friberg - 10 goals and 12 assists as the support striker, although he too faded in the second half of the season.

(16a) Jesper Forsgren - Not going to put up the ridiculous totals he did of a few years back, but we played better when he was in the side as the play maker. An injury that forced him out really started our slide. Sadly he's probably not good enough for the top tier, so we need to unearth someone who is.

(14a) Igor Deak - The captain doesn't look much, but has put in a solid shift for several years now holding down the right back position. The youth talent will probably push him out sooner rather than later, but he's done a job for us.

(17b) Petter Nilsson - I still say he's too short for a keeper, but 16 conceded and 12 clean sheets from 25 league games says otherwise.

Year of the strikers! Not sure where this came from, same HoYD that was giving me all centre backs previously.

(20a) Calle Chukro - All-rounder who should be comfortable playing whatever role I throw at him, he may take the support striker role and let me try to make Friberg into our play maker. Already looked decent in 3 appearances.

(20b) Niklas Ahlqvist - One of those guys the ass man likes more than I do. Some major holes in his game he'll need to improve on to move up the queue created by this intake.

(20c) Oskar Bohman - With this many strikers someone has to be a retraining project. Even with his tackling of 1, I think he can be turned into an attacking left wing back.

(20d) Jesper Edman - Another guy I'm looking at using elsewhere. Hopefully as a central mid who can burst through late and score. Needs lots of work on other aspects of his game to get there.

(20e) Gustav Abrahamsson - Already comfortable playing AMC so he's a guy I hope I can sure up his weaknesses to make him a play making option there.

(20f) Mathias Wannerfeldt - First guy in the intake who is not technically a striker. This guy is an easy decision, move him back to the right back position, use him as an attacking wing back.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how many of these guys make it. We're not good enough to throw away raw talent just because it's not an ideal fit, so hopefully I can at least get one or two of them playing well in their adopted positions.

Obviously the goal next season is to build on what we've done and survive this time around. I've got a few tough calls to make on players - I know they're not good enough for the top tier, but if I let them go we'll be left thin and injuries could force me into playing young players who are currently even worse.

Shakes Good job going back up. As sn00gle, I'm too a little jealous with this 30 game season (46 games games in Skrill Premier...). If I get fired, which is a strong possibility now, I already booted up a new game. Portugal. One (already well known in this circles) "royal" club. :)

Media Prediction : 7th

Board Expectations: Respectable League Position

Personal Expectations: Mid-table obscurity.

A much better performance this second season, with the team winning promotion with one game to go. I think the team were much more settled this season and even though the youngsters gave me a little more flexibility in terms of formations, most of the season the team played in a 4-1-3-1-1 formation. What really helped this season round, is the team scoring in every single league game.

Out of last year's youths just one of them only got quite a bit of playing time, Pelle Högberg (YP01)

Out of this year's youths, I'm thinking my HoYD likes playing down the middle, I don't know though.

Target for next season: avoid relegation

RW Essen

Second Division Season 20/21 Review

Promoted in 2nd Place

Brief Overview

Well we made short work of that then! promoted to the Bundesliga in the second season! I knew so long as the new update didn't mess up my tactic that I'd be there or there abouts this season. As it was we started pre Xmas really strongly second place for most of the season. Post Xmas we weren't so good and dropped out the Top 3 with 5 games to go 5 points adrift of promotion. two massive wins of 6-1 and 7-1 in a row (the latter against the champions Augsburg) and we snuck through automatically on goal difference despite suffering a final day defeat. Both Mains and Hertha BSC couldn't record a win and therefore we are promoted!

Financially secure now with £12million in the bank and the expected cash cow bonanza of the Bundesliga on the way. It's going to be a massive struggle to stay in the division, I hope my success isn't my downfall and the board are realistic about their expectations. Both training and youth facilities were upgraded to 'good' and looking to progress those asap. I'm not sure when the appropriate time to request youth recruitment network upgrade (perhaps one of you fine chaps can tell me when it's allowed) I've encountered a bug with the pitch relaying so hoping that can be fixed as I'm getting quite a few injuries and the poor pitch state does not suit my style of play.

Disappointed with the current ability baseline of my youth intake once again. I'm hoping this'll change once I get promoted and consolidate but I'm not holding out much hope. Because I've been chasing promotion I haven't given as many chances to the youngsters coming through as I'd like... two that particularly deserved more playing time were Zimmermann and Ritterbach

Targets

• Survive in the Bundesliga
  • Improve facilities and sort pitch issue out
  • promote youth

Miscillaneous

• As mentioned, delighted to see the increased numbers participating recently
  • sorry I've been missing for a while. Started an unsuccessful Ajax save. Apologies to RW Essen...I'll never cheat on you again
  • I hope you all have a very Merry Xmas it's a pleasure to share our experiences together! Have a good one guys!

EDIT: Just been approved for Training and Youth Facilities Upgrade :)

EDIT EDIT: Forgot to mention special shout out to my first choice striking partnership Can Yayla and Zekeriya Baskan who both got 4 full international caps and 4 goals apiece for their native Turkey....well deserved!

EDIT EDIT EDIT! : I've got my first three million pound + valued players...been looking forward to that for a long time :)

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 8 Review (2021)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Swedish Premier League : 6th - Results

Swedish Cup : Group Stages

Season Review

Well we went into our 2nd season in the top tier with a slightly more defensive approach. Our match preparations were now defensive minded and I switched my DM to a purely Anchor Man role to make sure he 'stayed home' more. The net change from all of this in the league was to concede 10 less goals, but to also score 15 less. We actually lost 4 games fewer than last year and posted 4 points more in the table, while recording our 2nd straight sixth place finish. Certainly a success, even though it felt at times as though we were not progressing, or even regressing a little. I think I just need to reel in my own personal expectations right now. Games across the board were a lot closer, with 4 more draws than last year and a lot fewer real blowout wins or losses. One stretch had 9 games in a row being decided by 1 goal or less in either direction, it just felt like we were close to a bad run all the time.

I think next year we may go back to our more attacking approach and maybe even adopt a more standard formation to utilize the FCs were now have in the team which we really didn't when I first went strikerless.

Youth Intake

A good intake, with the top 3 tags being given to a DC, a MC and a FC. Nice possible future upgrades to the spine of the team;

Jonas Stromberg (YP 08A) - I really like the look of this kid. Pacey striker, who can also play AML and AMC if I decide to stick strikerless. Currently thinking of training him in the more playmaking areas and going the False Nine route with him, but yet to fully commit.

Christoffer Eriksson (YP 08B) - Another great potential DC who is far too short for my personal tastes. 5' 10" this time, but rated as a future star Swedish Premier League player! I now have 4 very highly rated youth DCs who are all under 6 feet tall.... As with a couple of the others, he can also play full back, so I may try and turn him into my future DR, although there is competition there too

Arianit Svensson (YP 08C) - A good physical 16 year old who looks like a good future central midfielder. With some work on the technical and mental side Arianit has the potential to be a key member of the midfielder going forward. Will try to get him to learn to play with his right foot too.

Peter Novarino (YP 08D) - A defensive midfielder, which is great for him as I am currently short there. Needs more strength and technique and then technical improvements in general, but has a chance to see action.

Mattias Berg (YP 08E) - Mattias has a lot of training and progression to do before being first team ready, but I like his versatility and two footedness.

Nils Olofsson (YP 08F) - Nils has most key areas in decent shape and is probably nearer first team action than Mattias. Will work purely on fullback specific areas in training and see how he does.

"Frolunda Five"

Erik Elmander (YP 01A) - Let's start with the bad news. Out first 'A' tagged player is leaving! I failed to find middle ground with Erik all season on a new contract and finally Orebro SK offered him 1k a week and he took it. We will definitely miss Erik from his recent DM role, big hole to fill

Emil Eklund (YP 06A) - It often felt like Emil was the difference between the draws and close wins, and them turning into losses. Developing fantastically and now a regular with the Sweden u21s. Tied him down to a new long term 4 year deal!

Gustav Karlen (YP 07A) - Last seasons A tag was thrown into the deep end and started 31 games this season. Performed admirable and develop well on and off the pitch. Personality changed from Unambitious to Resolute being the best sign.

Enis Ramic (YP 05G) - Enis played very nicely this year, chipping in with 6 goals despite his PPM of passing rather than shooting. Possible future FC if I switch in the close season, which is a risk with that PPM, but those around him should benefit.

Abeid Abdul-Sattar - Another good season from our Iraqi wideman. Up to 13 caps now and a reliable source of assists on the right.

Miscellaneous

Even if it didn't feel it during the season, looking back it was a good one. Good first team experience for more kids, which is only going to help in the future. The loss of Erik Elmander will be big, but if I can paper over than crack while I retrain Axel Hedberg (YP 07B) to replace him at DM, then we will be in good shape.

With a possible switch in tactical outlook, I am going to set my sights on another 6th place finish as we adjust. A lot of keys spots have very young kids in them, so if we can make it through the year unscathed I think we will be in good shape to push for top 3 within the next 3-4 years.

Season 9 (2022) Goals

* Top half finish

* Decide on tactical direction

* Continue to give games to the lower ability, but much higher potential youths so that transitions to them are easier when needed.

Season 1 (2014) - Second Division West Gotaland       1st      Promoted as champions
Season 2 (2015) - First Division South                5th
Season 3 (2016) - First Division South                2nd      Lost in promotion playoffs
Season 4 (2017) - First Division South                1st      Promoted as champions
Season 5 (2018) - First Division Elite                6th
Season 6 (2019) - First Division Elite                1st      Promoted as champions
Season 7 (2020) - Premier League                      6th
Season 8 (2021) - Premier League                      6th

(last season review is in the middle of this page, had some moderating-issues so it took around a day for it to appear)

Bedford Town FC - Season 15/16

263816d1343914697t-kops-kit-request-thread-4518101942.jpg

League

After our last season I really thought we would be good enough to survive Skrill Premier but as it turns out the quality difference between Skrill North and Premier is just too big. A horrible season with no highlights at all. We managed to go 16 games without a win at one point and were clearly the worst team in the league. I don't know what to expect from next season. It probably depends a lot on the start to see if we can get some momentum going.

Cups:

In the FA cup we went out to L2 side Wycombe away. That game gave us ~40k£ which isn't bad at all. And in the FA Trophy we went out against Wrexham in the second round.

Top players:

Unsurprisingly we had no stand-out performers this year but these 3 were slightly better than the rest:

1. Samuel Gyasi: 27 games for our german playmaker with an avg rating of 6.80.

2. Jonathan Kurrant: Mainly a right-back but he's usually playing as a defensive midfielder in my side. Decent season.

3. Pip Barber: Our young left winger who couldn't repeat last years succesful season but he was still one of our best performers. I'm expecting him to be one of my best players next season as well.

Youth intake

A decent intake. Nothing more, nothing less. 4 of them were tagged.

Bonginkosi Nene (16A): A fairly promising goalkeeper with a long way to go until he is ready for the first team.

Nigel Mountford (16B): He is a natural left sided defender which is something I needed. Currently there's only one natural left-sided fullback in my senior squad and he's almost 31.

Adrian Sopowski (16C): An aggressive central midfielder who looks to be a good ball-winning-midfielder. Will be loaned out.

Ronnie Pennyfather (16D): My best youth player so far. He's already as good as my best senior striker (Yamfam) and he will get lots of chances next year. Big future.

Previously tagged youths

15A - Patrick Dowie: Played 29 games last season and is now my first choice right-back and will (hopefully) be for years.

15B - Henry Boot: He has mostly played as a central defender because of Dowie. Will get his chances next season.

15C - Kelvin Beauge: Hasn't developed as I had hoped yet but time is still on his side. I'm not sure if I can give him many games next season so he might have to go on loan.

15D - Craig Cooke: My only natural right-winger. He will start the season as first choice but if he doesn't take it I'll have to play with a right midfielder instead of a winger.

15E - Luis Atkins: I still don't feel comfortable playing with an AMC so he will have to go on loan again this year.

15F - Calvin Sear: Very disappointed with this one. It looks like my assistant overrated his potential at first. He will go out on loan next season.

Next season:

1. Start winning again. Of course I want to get promoted again but I'm not sure we have what it takes.

2. Sign new contracts with key players. This is what happened when I got relegated.

3. Once again I'm hoping for an away draw vs a L1+ side in the FA cup.

korvalis, Janesy20 - Congrats on your promotions ... seems to be a lot making good progress this year.

brugi82 - Portugal is a good place for the challenge, short seasons but the youth intakes are good enough that you don't just get pasted in Europe.

Braumiller - Is that intake a little weaker or is it just your first team is improving to push down the star ratings? Also you couldn't match 1k/week? What's your wage budget? Mine is a slightly nuts 32k/week (I'm spending 9k of it).

druvo - Looks like you had the same problem as I did, promoted too soon ... hopefully you can bounce back and with another couple of years under their belts the players can be more competitive next time.

brugi82 - Portugal is a good place for the challenge, short seasons but the youth intakes are good enough that you don't just get pasted in Europe.

Well, I'm still alive with Maidstone. Changed tactics (again... I think 4th time this season) and it gave us 4 points from next 2 games. I'm still 21st, but only 3 points to safety.

Braumiller - Is that intake a little weaker or is it just your first team is improving to push down the star ratings? Also you couldn't match 1k/week? What's your wage budget? Mine is a slightly nuts 32k/week (I'm spending 9k of it).

Current budget is 11.25k, of which I am spending 11.2k of it :o

Most I could offer was 750pw :(

In-laws have just left, son is going to bed now, so once we have watched our shows I can finally get to finding out how much of a miss he is going to be.

I really am in big need of taking a step up on the field, so that income rises and I get out of being a 'feeder' club for the currently bigger teams. In danger of losing my kids once they get too big for our small stature right now.

WhcxXoF.png

IK Tord » 2021 Season » Allsvenskan » 13th

Squad | Transfers | League Table | Svenska Cupen (Quarter Final 2021/Qualified for Groups 2022)

Started out really well, certainly much better than our last attempt at this level, and at one point we'd reached a record of 6-5-5 and 8th place on the table. Then it turned to complete crap, we lost 10 of the final 14 games, but thankfully we'd built enough of a buffer that we held onto 13th, one spot clear of the relegation playoff.

Not really sure what went wrong, both our scoring fell off and we started to ship goals. Hard to know what to think going forward, on one hand our aggregate record isn't that bad, I'd have taken scoring more than a goal a game and just surviving at the start of the season. On the other hand we lost 15 games in total, as many as we did 2 years ago, and what if the second half carries over to next year?

I think I have to stay the course, not make any panic changes tactically and see if it rights itself next year. Our young players did seem to fall away towards the end of last season too, so hopefully come the new year they'll be back on form. At the very least I need to give it the cup group games plus the first 5 or so league games to see what plays out.

Unlike the last couple there's nobody who can make an immediate impact here. Also unfortunately two of the best four are strikers, squad balance is going to be an issue if this keeps up. Good old fashioned 2-3-5 anyone?

(21a) Peter Björk - Bit of a mixed bag, his team work and work rate suggest he could be a supporting player, but lacks passing and creativity. Probably a pure scorer.

(21b) Christoffer Österberg - Midfielder with great physicals but lots of holes in both technique and mental attributes. Probably a couple of years from contributing.

(21c) Oscar Hellström - Another lefty striker, I just don't see how he distinguishes himself from the huge pack we now have though.

(21d) Patrik Grönlund - Big fullback who looks more like a centre back, and will be retrained there.

That's probably it for me for the year, I'm away from the computer for a couple of weeks, best of luck to everyone over the holidays, look forward to seeing what everyone can do.

MqLUgrQ.png

I fear my board have suffered brain trauma before deciding my wage budget.

Holy hell, I would love a budget like that for just one year so I can tie a few people up long term!

Grats on the survival season as well :thup:

After all my thoughts of going away from strikerless I have instead tried to revive my old Veldwezelt 550.... Masochist.

Going ok-ish, but now I have 6 first teamers out and my toughest stretch of games....

R.I.P Wealdstone Career ... after format i was preaty sure i copy saves and everything but after paste eveything disapere .....

Do you think about adding Denmark in this challenge I bet they got 3-4 leagues to same like Sweden and I guess its same possible lvl like clubs in ?

After all my thoughts of going away from strikerless I have instead tried to revive my old Veldwezelt 550.... Masochist.

Going ok-ish, but now I have 6 first teamers out and my toughest stretch of games....

Semi spoiler. Tactical silliness over. Reverted to the tactic used pre-strikerless after my attempts at reviving the old Veldwezelt 550 did not work overly well....

Archived