Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - A Youth Project Challenge

SRL88

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another group of death,I don't think I have seen anyone receive that many group of deaths!

I don't think there has been a time when we haven't been in the group of death :(.

I was hoping your move up the rankings would give you a slightly better group :( Hopefully you can at least pick a few points up. Good news with the youth recruitment though.

We still have a fair bit of climbing to do in the coefficients yet but we're getting there.

Well done on a brilliant treble!

It would now be good to see you win a few more points in your Champions League group. Maybe not this year, though :( ...

The Champions League at the moment is such a slow process. A group where we could pick up a few points would be superb.

Group C would have been just as bad I think.

I'd have given my right arm for Group E.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - September 2024 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps71b4a107.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsfb8c2307.png

A bit of a mixed month which was dictated by the final result of the month. We did start the month very well at home to Soproni. They didn't offer much going forward and it was a case of how many as we battered them, but settled for 3-0. We then battled our way past Puskas to give us another three points before a trip to Debrecen. We played unbelievably well but just couldn't break them down and a mix-up at the back allowed them to snatch the only goal of the game with just minutes remaining.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsa9aebef7.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps8efff61f.png

No surprise in terms of results but this was a very pleasing display. We didn't offer that much going forward in the first half but did very well defensively. I had a few words at the interval to try and get the lads to push forward and it worked as we offered much more of a threat. Sadly however, we were hit twice on the counter in the second half to send us to a 2-0 defeat.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps0a869097.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpse2af8296.png

A really solid start to the Ligakupa. The Debrecen game was the better performance of the two as we battled our way to a 1-0 win. Away to Gyor it was more a back to the walls job for most of the game, especially after taking an early lead but our defence stood firm throughout to deny them and give us another three points.

Liking this Career Update thread. Good to see you doing well. Has any other team in your league had much success in Europe?

Cheers dude. Much appreciated :).

No other team from Hungary has done anything significant in Europe really. Although, Ferencvaros are in the Europa League Group Stage this season, but aren't doing particularly well.

I swear someone at UEFA has it out for you mate :D

Corruption in UEFA? Never.. :D.

SRL88's Career - October 2024 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps878eb9e0.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps048986f3.png

A solid month for us to keep which keeps us in touch at the top of the table. We should have been out of sight against BKV Elore and a cracking first half saw us two goals up. We really should have added more but we didn't and could have paid for it when they scored a stoppage time penalty, but they didn't have enough time to find a second. We played well in our next encounter but it was tough to break them down. Despite taking the lead they levelled before the break and then sat back. We had to be patient but finally our pressure told when we took the lead again with just over twenty minutes remaining. Adam Loczi (YP61) scored his third of the game late on to seal the win. The month rounded off with a very tough game at home to Diosgyor but a late penalty gave us a very important win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7eb1d887.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa9931515.png

Well there's a result for the record books......

What a fantastic performance we put in to not only deny Barcelona, but beat them. We were quick out of the blocks and took the lead inside ten minutes. Barca pressed and pressed in the first half but just couldn't break us down. They did finally find the net in the second half but we didn't let it phase us and Adam Loczi (YP61) scored his second of the game and we held on for a memorable 2-1 win. We played well away to Roma as well but sadly we couldn't produce a similar result as we fell to a 2-0 defeat.

Magyar Kupa 4th Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps98802afe.png

That didn't quite go to plan. I expected us to see the game through comfortably but we almost threw it away. After conceding midway through the second half we were chasing and got lucky with just five minutes remaining to equalise. In extra-time they tired and we took advantage in the second period to give ourselves the win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsb00aa27e.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpseb0ed722.png

I feared these two fixtures if I'm honest as it could have gone horribly wrong. A poor first half performance cost us against Ferencvaros. They raced into a two goal lead and although we pulled one back before the break we left ourselves with to much to do in the second half and just couldn't find the second. We probably should have beat Debrecen but struggled to break down their stubborn defence although we still sit top of our group.

Superb result against Barca pal. In with a chance of at least getting into the Europa League
:eek: what a result!
Damn good result against Barcelona :D

Without a doubt the best result of my career :cool:.

SRL88's Career - November 2024 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps636c18c4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps7a49cf05.png

This was such a difficult month in general, nevermind in the league so I am delighted it is out of the way. Our month kicked off with disappointment in terms of result, although our performance was very good away to Ferencvaros. We matched each other throughout but they scored with just minutes remaining to deny us a well deserved point. A very tired side faced ZTE where we were forced to battle our way to three points. We managed to grab a very solid point away to Gyor before a Karoly Disztl (YP15) inspired performance saw us come from two early goals down to grab a massive 3-2 win. The month rounded off with a resolute display on the road as we held Videoton to a draw.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps925145e2.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps3e02f2c7.png

I don't even know how to put this into words. I seriously don't. I am in awe of our performances and the fact that we sit top of our group amazes me. We put in an unbelievable performance against Roma where we made them look extremely average and a thunderous free-kick gave us an excellent win. To follow that up we pulled off another massive win, this time at home to Lyon. We took the lead but let it slip straight away, and much like the Barcelona game we didn't let it affect us and we found a second and managed to hold on for a brilliant win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps96cfd6ae.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages-2_zpsfa61ba62.png

Another top placed finish, for the third year in a row in this competition. We did a professional job against Ferencvaros with a first half goal enough to give us the win, meaning a draw at home to Gyor would have seen us through. Despite falling behind in that game we turned it around in amazing style as we hit them for four to top the group in style.

We now face a double header against Eger in the Quarter-Final.

Congrats on the wins in the CL

Cheers fella.

Suck it UEFA. Can't keep the Hungarians down :D

Darn tooting.

Bloody good going in Europe :thup: If I've worked it out right,doesn't it mean you can't finish lower than third?

You would be correct Sir. We are away to Barcelona whilst Lyon play Roma at home. Still all to play for in the group :).

SRL88's Career - December 2024 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps1e1dcb41.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps2051c855.png

I literally couldn't care less about the result.

:hammer:

Or yeah, we play Real Madrid in the First Knockout Round.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0e1a31b2.png

A really tricky tie to be honest where we were forced to battle really hard to get through. We were exhausted going into the first leg so I was delighted that we managed to come away with a win. In the second leg we were in control for much of the game but struggled in front of goal. They scored in the second half which made things a little more difficult, but we hung on to book our place in the next round.

The Quarter-Final see's us drawn against ZTE.

Well done! Hopefully it will help you move out of the bottom pot at last. Being part-Barca I must admit to being happy that they paid you back :D

Fingers crossed it will. Definitely an amazing achievement for us.

Forget the Barca away game and you've done bloody well mate. Glad you've finally got out of a group as you've worked so hard for it :thup:

Cheers dude. I am thrilled with what we have managed to do :).

SRL88's Career - February 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps34d92b74.png

They continue to put something in the water over here in Hungary as we shocked yet another European giant to give ourselves a massive chance of making the Quarter-Final. We were absolutely brilliant on the evening, and although Madrid had more chances, we had the better ones and two very well taken finishes from Adam Loczi (YP61) gave us a monumental victory.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsccffe4f5.png

We manage to give ourselves a very slender lead ahead of the second leg. We usually have a tough game at ZTE and this was no different but a first half penalty gave us a solid 1-0 win.

Magyar Ligakupa Quarter-Final 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsbedf6668.png

Another competition we have the advantage in. We played very well in the first half and found ourselves two goals up at the break. A third was added just after the hour but then we seemed to switch off and allowed Eger to pull two goals back. Luckily we have the second leg at home so we have a double advantage ahead of the second leg.

SRL88's Career - March 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsbb1950cc.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsf778a72d.png

A very solid month which see's us climb to the top of the table heading into the final two months of the season. We did a thoroughly professional job at home to Cegled with a goal in each half giving us a solid win. We followed it up in style however as we absolutely blitzed Eger at home to set a club and league record with an amazing 9-0 win. A frustrating draw followed up considering we played very well. Our worst performance of the month followed away to Soproni but we managed to battle our way through to a 2-1 win. We rounded the month off by getting the job done, so to speak against Vasas.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps953df08c.png

Our fairytale run in Europe's elite competition continues as we continue to shock the whole of Europe with our performances. Madrid, as expected had the better of the game and quickly scored to bring them back into the game. We began to grow into the game and had a few chances, but Madrid still dominated. They levelled the tie in the second half but luck was on our side when Karoly Disztl (YP15) scored a late penalty which in the end saw us through.

So we move onwards in this competition and we will play Man City in the Quarter-Final.

Magyar Ligakupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps95625a71.png

Job done in the second leg. After nearly throwing the first leg away we didn't let that affect us and did a professional job in the second leg to see us through.

We face Gyor in the Semi-Final.

Bloody hell,you knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League!Think your going to be in the top 40 at this rate,let alone the top 50!Also good going domestically although it does look like the title race is going down to the wire.

Bloody hell,you knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League!Think your going to be in the top 40 at this rate,let alone the top 50!Also good going domestically although it does look like the title race is going down to the wire.

I seriously can't think how this season could get any better. After the group was drawn I expected six defeats. Then we won one, then qualified and now knocked Madrid out. I'm just in utter shock.

ligakupa_zps90a2fedf.jpg

Magyar Ligakupa Final

Route to the Final

Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps802104d3.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps65ffe16f.png

Once again we had a very good group phase to the competition. We seem to have got the hang of this tricky group now having made it out of the group for the third year running. We were solid throughout and very difficult to beat which was shown in just the one defeat. We wrapped up qualification on the final match day against Gyor.

Knockout Phase

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps492615b9.png

Well we managed to battle our way of sort through this. We almost threw the first leg of the Quarter-Final away having led 3-0 at one point but held on. The second leg saw us do a professional of seeing it through. In the Semi-Final it was definitely a tight affair and we managed to battle our way through on away goals.

The Match

VideotonvBeacutekeacutescsaba_PitchSplit_zpsaa0f5d96.png

A repeat of last years Final and the same result with us coming out on top. We took the lead just before the half hour mark thanks to a fantastic free-kick in a first half we controlled. Videoton came out at us more in the second half but we still had some very good chances. They levelled the game though in the 69th minute but it didn't take us long to re-establish our lead when just three minutes later Roland Fulop (YP13) headed the ball home. We managed to hang on for our second Ligakupa in a row.

SRL88's Career - April & May 2025 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

OTP Bank Liga

April Results

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsb77e8f1b.png

A really solid month which kept us on track for the title. The month started with a very important win over Debrecen. We fell behind early in the game but right on half time drew level. The second half was very tense and tight but with just over twenty minutes remaining we took the lead and held on for all three points. A cracking win away to BKV Elore followed in yet another game where we fell behind. We managed to turn the game round very well and went in at the break ahead. Bela Gyomber (YP5) scored a brace in the second half with two lovely finishes to seal the win. The month rounded off with a surprisingly tricky tie at home. We were on song in the first half which saw us two goals up but completely took our foot off the pedal in the second half and let them back into it. We ended up being lucky to come away with all three points but held on for them.

May Results

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsa5de5b33.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps773472af.png

Job done as we managed to claim our third league title in a row. We went to Diosgyor two points ahead (with a game in hand) and managed to come away with a very solid draw to keep us ahead. That game in hand followed in the next game and we did a professional job which saw us grab all three points and stretch our lead to five points. A bit of a frustrating performance at times against Ferencvaros followed where we had to settle for a draw after taking the lead twice. Going into the ZTE game we knew that a win would have sealed us the title. Non-surprisingly we were rather nervous in the game but in the eleventh minute we took the lead to settle us down. Right on the brink of half-time though we conceded to level the game. The second half was very tense but with just over ten minutes remaining we re-took the lead from the penalty spot, a goal which handed us the title. The final game of the season didn't matter to much, but we ended the season by avoiding defeat at home to Gyor.

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps5d265643.png

Such a shame that we have exited the competition but Man City was just a step to far. I am still thrilled with all the players as their performances should be an inspiration to all. The tie was over in the first leg, where despite playing well, everything Man City hit went in. We were much better at the back in the second leg and managed to come away from the game with a very credible draw.

Magyar Kupa Quarter-Final 2nd Leg & Semi-Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-4_zps56fd40d3.png

We couldn't defend our cup crown. We managed to see through the Quarter-Final tie with a solid performance at home to Gyor but we were poor in both the Semi-Final ties. We didn't deserve to go through and fell to a 3-1 aggregate defeat.

Magyar Ligakupa Semi-Final & Final

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps232ff603.png

For the second year in a row we've managed to win the Ligakupa. The Semi-Final could have gone either way but luck was on our side as we went through on away goals. In a repeat from last years Final we once again managed to beat Videoton 2-1.

Archived