FMS Online Gaming Thread

Offspring8

FMS Online Gaming Thread

Right you bunch of slackers; a few years back, Terk, gavrenwick, Xenon, Celtic_1967 and myself embarked upon an FMS Online FM game and it was pretty awesome (until I lost my internet connection for a number of weeks and ended up leaving my table-topping Chelsea side in the hands of my Assistant Manager Ray Wilkins... to say he ruined my team in my abscence would be too kind to Mr. Wilkins).

Ever since then, there have been murmurs of various members of the FMS board having another shot at an online game but, for one reason or another, things have never materialised. In my eyes, one of the big reasons these games never take off is because people lose track of who’s available at what times and where everybody is at.

I’ve spoken to our beloved FMS mods and they’ve agreed that the creation of a thread like this would make it easier for people to get involved in games like this if they want to. We’re not sure how interested you guys will be in this and the thread might die before it actually kicks off, but we figured there’s no harm in giving this a go and seeing how the community reacts.

So for all things FMS Online related – finding out what online games are currently running and are available to join, who wants to be involved in online games, what days/times they’re available, perhaps even discussing in-game transfers, bragging about how you destroyed your fellow FMSers team or giving updates on your online games – this is the place to be.

If/when you guys do figure out the details for an online game between yourselves, just fill out the form below and PM it to me and I’ll get your game details posted up so that people can see it.

Game Host:

Participants:

Game:

Open To New Players:

Game Regularity:

Current Season:

Additional Notes:

Honour Role:

RULES

1. You cannot buy players from the team of another manager if that manager isn't in the gaming session for whatever reason unless there has been a pre-arranged (and witnessed) deal established

B. At any point, if anybody is unhappy with the behavior of any players, the host has the choice of asking all players of the game if they wish to kick said player out of the game. If 51% or more of the players vote to kick the troublemaker, he will be kicked from the game

How To Join An Online Game

Simples:

1. Select 'Join Online Game' on the FM13 start screen

2. In the 'Server Name' box, type whatever the server that you're looking for is called (In gavs case, the server is called FMS Online for example)

3. Click the blue 'Search' button on the right hand side of the screen

4. Highlight the server that you wish to join once it is found

5. Click 'Join Game' in the bottom right hand corner of the screen

6. Obviously if the server requires a password, enter it once prompted. The password to gavs server will be private messaged to those that

have said they want to play

As I said; simples.

To get things kick-started, gavrenwick and I are due to start an online game this weekend so I’ll post up the details for that.

Current FMS Online Games

Game Host: Gavrenwick

Participants: Gavrenwick (Reading Manager), Offspring8 (Chelsea Manager), Manxie_Ash (Everton Manager), Stonini90 (Arsenal Manager), Salkster2102 (Tottenham Manager), Jibby123 (Liverpool Manager), Celtic_1967 (Southampton Manager)

Potential Participants: LukeMorgan88 (West Brom Manager)

Game: FM13

Open To New Players: Yes

Game Regularity: Wednesday nights and Sundays, may change dependant on number/availability of players

Current Season: 2012/2013

Additional Notes: Due to the fact that Offspring8 has no laptop until Saturday 19th January, this online game won’t actually start until Sunday 20th Jan. Also, game may continue if a small minority of players are unavailable, regardless of reasons for unavailability.

Honour Role:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have no problem with you guys joining as long as gav is cool with it (which, knowing gav, he probably will be) :) when we spoke we didn't actually set out any strict schedule, but I'd imagine it will normally be early ish in the evenings (starting Sunday) and from then on it'll just be a 'when are you guys next available' sort of thing ha.

By the way, any shouts on which teams you'd be interested in managing? ;)

Sounds alright to me. With me being off uni till the 28th i'm free anytime but after that will have to see how late will be onto. Would be willing to allow you guys to play whilst I can't if need be.

Well as seen as you are Chelsea I better give you some competition with Liverpool ;)

Okay well just to let you all know in advance, the first decision I'm going to make in the game is to put Torres up for sale. I'm not sure what price tag I'll attach to his flowing, blonde locks yet but I just wanted to make him available as early as possible ;).

Ash, would there be any chance you'd listen to offers for Fellaini?

I'd be up for this*, available most evenings UK time for a hour or two any time. Not worried which team, happy to let others take their pick of teams and take a pick from whatever is left once all entries near finalised.

*Clueless how to set up joining a network so might need some gentle nudges in right direction in how I do join on game.

Can i be Arsenal?

Yeah sure, nobody's taken Arsenal yet!

I'd be up for this*, available most evenings UK time for a hour or two any time. Not worried which team, happy to let others take their pick of teams and take a pick from whatever is left once all entries near finalised.

*Clueless how to set up joining a network so might need some gentle nudges in right direction in how I do join on game.

That's fine, it's not too difficult but we'll give you a hand when the time comes :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

But seriously, if it's a good offer I will listen. It'll take a lot to prize him and Baines away from Everton, though.

Well I'll see what I can scrape together, I just spent £22M on him in-game so I know from that that he's pretty pricey to say the least!

Okay guys just a quick reminder as well, in Gav's game, we wont be afraid to continue with the game if there are a couple of people missing so please don't be annoyed if you're unavailable on one night and then the next time you do get into the game, it turns out you've missed 3 games or so.

You spoke with Gav, then. He's the only beloved mod here. :D

A blatant lie.

Yep, Offy has said all that needs to be said. Hopefully this will encourage, at the bare minimum, a couple of short stories that can vie for some awards next year. We want people here to at least be playing some FM, as minimal as it may be. We could have written a thousand stories from our last game, and as enjoyable as it was, would very much like to get involved in a new one.

Okay guys, just to let you know Gav has now set the game up and we'll be going onto it now, I'll put the game details below AND in the opening post under the 'Additional Notes' section so that you guys can log onto it.

Jibby, to join an online game:

1. Select 'Join Online Game' on the FM13 start screen

2. In the 'Server Name' box, type whatever the server that you're looking for is called (In this case, the server is called FMS Online)

3. Click the blue 'Search' button on the right hand side of the screen

4. Highlight the server that you wish to join once it is found

5. Click 'Join Game' in the bottom right hand corner of the screen

6. Obviously if the server requires a password, enter it once prompted. The password to gavs server will be private messaged to those that have said they want to play

GAV EDIT: No real playing will occur until Sunday. Just a set-up and a get to know of the sides chosen.

Thanks offspring8 and message recieved on inbox with password etc. :thup:

If nobody objects, I will re-visit the thread at midday-ish on Saturday and claim an English premier league team that is not listed/tied to somebody in OP at that time. Beware the underdog. :D

I'd be up for playing although I don't have anything like as much free time as I used to. (Remember those 3am finishes on FM and FIFA?) So assuming you'd be ok potentially missing more sessions that I play (It's possible that would happen but I can't be sure) then I'll be in.

Haha I'm also trying to prise Fellaini from Manxie_Ash and that's not going to be cheap so the price of that deal directly affects any offer I might make for Luke Shaw... or I could just get Abramovich to dig a little deeper into his pockets I guess...

You spoke with Gav, then. He's the only beloved mod here. :D

Good luck with this.

Don't worry old timer, I still love you!

Man, I wish I could play, but obviously living on the other side of the world is not conducive for games that require people to be logged in at the same time. Maybe if there is another game going later in the year when I'm between jobs... :lol:

Also don't have FM13 which would be a bit of a stumbling block! Would absolutely like to read along to comments posted in here, almost sure to be worth a laugh.

I'd be interested in a World Cup - Euro Cup - something of that nature.

We did a few before with PM7, Terk and a few others and that was a bit of fun, we all did a write up on the match reports afterwards.

Takes a while would need to look at a Sun Morning or something so the Asian/Australian/Americans can join.

For those of you that are in a different time-zone, if one of you wouldn't mind being a host then I'm sure you could try and get a game going that suits your respective time zones? All you'd have to do is state what times you'll actually be available and which time zone you're in and then we could put that info into the opening post and see if there's any other players available at those times (by the looks of it, there are a handful of you already). Wouldn't be any harm in giving it a shot! Any potential hosts around?

Count me in lads, seeing as how West Brom haven't been taken I'll opt for them.

I'll add you to the list - look after Lukaku well, 'The Kraken' is the future of my strike force ;)

I'm yet to have a successful file as a club manager yet, so I expect the job will be someone elses about 10 games in!

Essentially... this. I have been terrible at every club but United, which it's pretty hard to fail at.

West Brom, eh... there goes any possible bid I have in mind for Shane Long ;)

There's always Torres if you fancy trying to rub Liverpools nose in something :p he's just a slightly (read: majorly) worse version of Shane Long?

:lol:

Well some of my strikers will have to depart. I only play with one up top and there'll be Long, Lukaku, Rosenberg, Wood and Fortune there. Odemwingie can play out wide. Could be that you get Lukaku back ;)

:lol:

Well some of my strikers will have to depart. I only play with one up top and there'll be Long, Lukaku, Rosenberg, Wood and Fortune there. Odemwingie can play out wide. Could be that you get Lukaku back ;)

I have been meaning to ask you what your plans with Lukaku are because I'd love to have him back, that would mean I could sell the useless donkey that is Torres. He'd actually probably be my 1st/2nd choice striker so it's likely that I'll recall him, just to give you a heads-up.

Archived